Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2018-05-16 Content Update (252662)

  1. #21
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,908
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,046
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,746
    Thanked in
    998 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Purely Laurel at first. Later on I watched a video with a guy toying with the pitch of the voice, and now I can actually alter which one I hear on command. Pretty weird.
    Yep, I can as well. It’s wildly cool how ee’re able to do that with a little practice.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    84
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

    Default

    but did it feel good tho?

  3. #23
    Member Nipunsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    227
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    278
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    24
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Do you hear Yanny or Laurel?
    I can hear whatever i want to lul. Low pitch = laurel, high pitch = yanny for my ears :3

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    NICE SIGNATURE BRUHHHH

  4. #24
    Senior Member 3pc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    So Flo
    Posts
    577
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    154
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    92
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

    Default

    Id say PvP is more on the balanced side now but bear might need a slight buff in armor close range they can destroy but its really hard for them long distanced with all the dodge and procs

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    565
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    58
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    133
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

    Default

    I just watched nubs pawning pros because they have bows... that's not balanced at all...

    Looking like another Dex cap for sure, mages that couldn't beat me in my 100 int set while wearing fully enchanted 105 sets have these stats with talon proc... 100 dodge buff and 1k armor is way too much.

    Before anyone disagrees with that because of who i am, think about ME with THESE stats...
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Id say PvP is more on the balanced side now but bear might need a slight buff in armor close range they can destroy but its really hard for them long distanced with all the dodge and procs


    Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

  6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,240
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

    Default

    [BOW]
    Reducing the area of effect for the bow proc sounds reasonable. I think it should be ~50% smaller.
    Ability range should remain at 13 but the proc rate should be dropped back down to where it was last week.

    [WAND]
    Speed buff should return but at a lower amount (instead of +60% speed, add +30% speed).

    Discuss.
    | | | | | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:


  8. #27
    Senior Member Dolloway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Rockwall Forts
    Posts
    510
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    144
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    391
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    I just watched nubs pawning pros because they have bows... that's not balanced at all...

    Looking like another Dex cap for sure, mages that couldn't beat me in my 100 int set while wearing fully enchanted 105 sets have these stats with talon proc... 100 dodge buff and 1k armor is way too much.

    Before anyone disagrees with that because of who i am, think about ME with THESE stats...

    Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
    Yes, the Talon set is very tanky but doesn't do a lot of damage which is why wand mages are superior. They also have weaknesses such as less mana, lower hit %, etc. when using the set on a mage. Try out the set for yourself and you'll see. Initially, my guildies and I said "wow, the Talon proc sure seems op," but then tested it out for ourselves and were underwhelmed. It's only really useful on a bird and the damage is still low. Before bows were released, birds complained about not putting out enough dmg. Now that bows have been released, there are a lot less complaints about the Talon set. You either go for tankiness or more dmg output, depending on which set you choose.

  9. #28
    Senior Member Dolloway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Rockwall Forts
    Posts
    510
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    144
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    391
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    [BOW]
    Reducing the area of effect for the bow proc sounds reasonable. I think it should be ~50% smaller.
    Ability range should remain at 13 but the proc rate should be dropped back down to where it was last week.

    [WAND]
    Speed buff should return but at a lower amount (instead of +60% speed, add +30% speed).

    Discuss.
    Agreed on the bow nerfs. I main bird and even I can admit that bow needs a nerf. The proc rate is out of hand.

    Not sure about the wand buff. I personally believe that the wand set is one of the strongest sets in the game right now even without the speed. The speed is just unnecessary and awkward. The speed makes it harder to kite in mage vs mage battles, as well as other class battles. Additionally, the speed ruins a major aspect of ctf. As far as buffs go, I would say we need to buff staff, 2h sword, dagger, and tyben's sword before focusing on any other buffs. The other weapons (bow, wand, Talon, axe) are feeling the love currently while these weapons aren't feeling as much love.

    We appreciate your quick replies and updates, Cinco. Pvp has been fun thus far this cap. We just need to make some adjustments.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 05-17-2018 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Talked over with guild mages

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:


  11. #29
    Senior Member 3pc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    So Flo
    Posts
    577
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    154
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    92
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

    Default

    Yep i agree bow is too op i can own people even as a dex bear using bow. The Tyben str gear will need some added dmg or something because bear is the worst atm. Speed on wand i dont think really needs to be added that is just a unnecessary advantage. It's so hard to play talon bird because once we proc we dont land enough dmg and the other player still lives, and if the other player is a bird then he procs and trys to kill but it takes overall around 3 procs both ways to kill evenly(Unless someone procs more then the other).

  12. #30
    Junior Member Muzzling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    31
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Yep i agree bow is too op i can own people even as a dex bear using bow. The Tyben str gear will need some added dmg or something because bear is the worst atm. Speed on wand i dont think really needs to be added that is just a unnecessary advantage. It's so hard to play talon bird because once we proc we dont land enough dmg and the other player still lives, and if the other player is a bird then he procs and trys to kill but it takes overall around 3 procs both ways to kill evenly(Unless someone procs more then the other).
    I wouldnt add dmg to str set premature decisions like these will make pally rule 105, find another way to make bear playable again by using skill dmg or something but buffing the set itself has big set backs in pvp, bear is good in team play but it 1v1 it struggles to get the job done, honestly i think that the axe set or sword set have enough dmg to them because if u fight a pally you notice they do ridiculous damage up close for a str mage. I dont really play bear so idk what can fix the problem they are having but i dont think a set buff is the way to go.

  13. #31
    Forum Adept SuperGotenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nor*cal
    Posts
    375
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    54
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    [BOW]
    Reducing the area of effect for the bow proc sounds reasonable. I think it should be ~50% smaller.
    Ability range should remain at 13 but the proc rate should be dropped back down to where it was last week.

    [WAND]
    Speed buff should return but at a lower amount (instead of +60% speed, add +30% speed).

    Discuss.
    I think the proc rate for the bow should be reduced, but not down to an extent of where it was last week when it barely procced. Again, as sad as it is, the bow and many other sets are heavily proc reliant, determining who wins a fight. An alternative to this could be strongly nerfing procs and boosting skill damage (by a lot) for all classes. Additionally, the bow set has really low armor, so it can be nuked quite easily.

    On a side note, I’d like to discuss what changes can be done to fix the bear class. In team fights, bears excel and are essential to winning PvP games. However, an issue arises when fighting 1v1. For instance, bears do seem to have a variety of measures to keep their target grounded, but it seems as if they dont hit hard enough within that stun window, inevitably allowing them to get nuked down. In addition, coupled with the bear class, the Tyben sword’s proc is utterly useless. This is a good opportunity to buff the sword, which will lead to bears utilizing it more often (as was the initial intention). Furthermore, in addition to randomly spawning pools and execute proc, the sword should have an armor break effect, allowing for bears to have the “crushed” combo, and should also have an increase in damage. A lifesteal aspect that the dagger has could also be implented to increase survivability.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

  14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,240
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGotenks View Post
    I think the proc rate for the bow should be reduced, but not down to an extent of where it was last week when it barely procced. Again, as sad as it is, the bow and many other sets are heavily proc reliant, determining who wins a fight. An alternative to this could be strongly nerfing procs and boosting skill damage (by a lot) for all classes. Additionally, the bow set has really low armor, so it can be nuked quite easily.

    On a side note, I’d like to discuss what changes can be done to fix the bear class. In team fights, bears excel and are essential to winning PvP games. However, an issue arises when fighting 1v1. For instance, bears do seem to have a variety of measures to keep their target grounded, but it seems as if they dont hit hard enough within that stun window, inevitably allowing them to get nuked down. In addition, coupled with the bear class, the Tyben sword’s proc is utterly useless. This is a good opportunity to buff the sword, which will lead to bears utilizing it more often (as was the initial intention). Furthermore, in addition to randomly spawning pools and execute proc, the sword should have an armor break effect, allowing for bears to have the “crushed” combo, and should also have an increase in damage. A lifesteal aspect that the dagger has could also be implented to increase survivability.
    Team fights are the only reasonable focus. With the number of levels, skills, equipment varieties and enchantments, 1v1 is an untenable matrix for one Designer. Sorry to say.
    | | | | | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  15. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    Hi, sorry this might be off topic but does “1v1 is an untenable matrix for one Designer. Sorry to say mean that cinco” mean cinco brought us white dragon and all updates alone because if he did I have to give him 2 thumbs up. I praise him when we get something good and rant when something broken and that’s not verry fair. thanks a lot for everything cinco

  16. #34
    Senior Member Draebatad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chilling with friends
    Posts
    504
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    170
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Team fights are the only reasonable focus. With the number of levels, skills, equipment varieties and enchantments, 1v1 is an untenable matrix for one Designer. Sorry to say.
    That's unfortunate. :/

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:


  18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,285
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,240
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hjable View Post
    Hi, sorry this might be off topic but does “1v1 is an untenable matrix for one Designer. Sorry to say mean that cinco” mean cinco brought us white dragon and all updates alone because if he did I have to give him 2 thumbs up. I praise him when we get something good and rant when something broken and that’s not verry fair. thanks a lot for everything cinco
    You're quite welcome ;-)
    | | | | | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  19. #36
    Senior Member Buchmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turn around
    Posts
    566
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    44
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    176
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Team fights are the only reasonable focus. With the number of levels, skills, equipment varieties and enchantments, 1v1 is an untenable matrix for one Designer. Sorry to say.
    Soooooooooooomebody wants to do away with 1v1s so he doesn't have to lose ;););)

  20. #37
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,908
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,046
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,746
    Thanked in
    998 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Team fights are the only reasonable focus. With the number of levels, skills, equipment varieties and enchantments, 1v1 is an untenable matrix for one Designer. Sorry to say.
    This.

    I would MUCH rather emphasize the team play. 1v1 is certainly not the most balanced, but team play has been quite fun.

    @Cinco, in response to the procs you just asked about – I agree with the tweaks you proposed for the bow. I disagree, however, that a speed bonus return for the wand proc. I have been able to play a lot of capture the flag and FFA games, and the speed just makes it awkward and annoyingly unpredictable, only eliminating the strategic element.

  21. #38
    Senior Member 3pc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    So Flo
    Posts
    577
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    154
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    92
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Team fights are the only reasonable focus. With the number of levels, skills, equipment varieties and enchantments, 1v1 is an untenable matrix for one Designer. Sorry to say.
    Maybe its just best to remove procs in all from PvP?

  22. #39
    Senior Member Draebatad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chilling with friends
    Posts
    504
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    170
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Maybe its just best to remove procs in all from PvP?
    Seems a little extreme. Give the devs a chance to make them work to the approval of the majority first?

    Regardless of the above statement by Cinco, I will remain optimistic that eventually there will also be satisfaction for both team and 1v1 fights during the 105 cap.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:


  24. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    Keep procs much it add more strategy to pvp. Was kind of boring having to pvp with bow or wand on every class. Kite and auto attack zzz. Now it’s like kite proc maybe a root effect to set up a team combo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 2018-03-05 Content Update (247298)
    By TzatOps in forum SL Announcements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-26-2018, 12:14 PM
  2. 2018-03-09 Content Update (247805)
    By TzatOps in forum AL Announcements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2018, 04:00 PM
  3. 2018-01-18 Content Update
    By TzatOps in forum DL Announcements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-09-2018, 02:05 PM
  4. 2018-01-18 Content Update
    By TzatOps in forum PL Announcements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-01-2018, 04:27 PM
  5. 2018-01-19 Content Update
    By TzatOps in forum DL Announcements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2018, 08:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •