Thread: Tourney Type Based on Poll?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Tourney Type Based on Poll?

Is a tourney suppose to be what a guild wants or a single player hopes for? Is the factor in determining a tourney based on the numbers of players from the same guild supporting the tourney on the forum?

Tourney is suppose to be for the entire community. Having a 5v5 with 4-5 teams is not a tourney. Imagine how active and motivated players will be if it was 2v2 or 3v3 with 30 teams or more. I would think there will be more than 30 teams because its endgame.

Just my thought and leave a comment.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Yes, there will be 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments in the future. I am choosing to host a 5v5 tournament in June because it is fun to have variety. Nothing is preventing you from hosting your own 2v2 tourney

Good news, though! Cinco has agreed to grant vanities to ALL participants in my 5v5 tourney despite how well they do (different prizes for winners, of course.) Hopefully that will encourage more people to join!
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-18-2018 at 05:17 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Yes, there will be 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments in the future. I am choosing to host a 5v5 tournament in June because it is fun to have variety. Nothing is preventing you from hosting your own 2v2 tourney

Good news, though! Cinco has agreed to grant vanities to ALL participants of my 5v5 tourney despite how well they do (different prizes for winners, of course.) Hopefully that will encourage more people to join!
    There should be no reason why EVERYONE wouldn't want to get involved in the 5v5 tournament now. EVERYONE receives a prize just for participating! Even if you don't think you have a chance at winning, you can still join to get that unique prize just for participating. Even if you don't like ctf, you can still get that prize for just participating.

This should motivate everyone to join - a group of five players from different guilds, a group of 5 guildmates, a group of 5 players that have no allegiance to any guild... Everyone who participates will be rewarded. Any team consisting of a bear, two mages, and two birds can be created. There are no limitations on who can enter or who can make an alliance/team with other players/guilds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Good news, though! Cinco has agreed to grant vanities to ALL participants of my 5v5 tourney despite how well they do (different prizes for winners, of course.) Hopefully that will encourage more people to join!
    Even with 4-5 teams you will still host a tourney? Might as well ask players to just make the game private and battle one another. Interesting...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Even with 4-5 teams you will still host a tourney? Might as well ask players to just make the game private and battle one another. Interesting...
    Not sure if you misunderstood the last two posts.

Everyone yearns for exclusive vanities. I guarantee you there will be a sufficient amount of teams in light of the recent news that everyone will get something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Interesting how the entire forum..you always have Ghost and Dolloway agreeing on the same topic. Just like the Proc removal for mage, Ghost supports Dolloway without providing a reason why he supports the comment at the beginning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Interesting how the entire forum..you always have Ghost and Dolloway agreeing on the same topic. Just like the Proc removal for mage, Ghost supports Dolloway without providing a reason why he supports the comment at the beginning
    Who wouldn’t agree with Dolloway? He is extremely adept and knowledgable of the game, and has had years upon years of experience. Every post he has in relation to stat adjustments is unmistakebly the best type of constructive feedback a gaming company can get. It’s no coincidence that he is regarded as one of the most respected players. If you can’t see that, I’m truly sorry.

If you want to resort to childish comments and accusations, be my guest. It really does nothing beneficial for the community.

I’ll let you have the last words since you’re always so inclined

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Not sure if you misunderstood the last two posts.

Everyone yearns for exclusive vanities. I guarantee you there will be a sufficient amount of teams in light of the recent news that everyone will get something
    Yeah, I hope...

I am done with any tourney for now. I really do not want to invest in plat or gold on tourney. 50k plats and 150m on a tourney is not what I want. It adds a burden to life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Yeah, I hope...

I am done with any tourney for now. I really do not want to invest in plat or gold on tourney. 50k plats and 150m on a tourney is not what I want. It adds a burden to life.
    Great! And as Justg said,

“PLA did not take off like we have hoped, and obviously we are spending more effort on AL (and Cinco is doing some fun things for PL/ DL). That being said, your play time is your play time, use it where you get the most enjoyment. It is not a job. If you feel like you are wasting time when you are playing any game, I think you are doing it wrong.”

Don’t go ruining other players’ experience because you aren’t as content with yours.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-18-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Yeah, I hope...

You shouldnt have to spend 50k plat and 150m on enchantments lol. Maybe you shoukd rely on skill as opposed to having the BEST gear.
    But i guess if you did that you wouldnt have your red shield so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneLeft View Post
    You shouldnt have to spend 50k plat and 150m on enchantments lol. Maybe you shoukd rely on skill as opposed to having the BEST gear.
    But i guess if you did that you wouldnt have your red shield so.
    Im really not the only one spending on enchanting. I believe you will too. Trust me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Great minds (Will and Dollo) think alike!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Great minds (Will and Dollo) think alike!
    debatable, although dolloway and Will are knowledgeable about endgame pvp.