Thread: A Tribute to Veterans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Default A Tribute to Veterans.

This is a thread to honor all veterans. So if you have any friends/family that have served then post their name and which war/year(s) they served in. I'll start. My dad served in Desert Storm in 1992 (Forgive me if the date is wrong) anyways I am very proud to say that my father has served our country.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cascade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

My dad went to Vietnam, by choice not draft. He was there during the worst part of the "conflict" called the TET Offensive. He left our country proud to serve her, came home to hippies spitting on him and calling him a baby killer. Daddy doesn't talk much about his experiences in Vietnam, he served in an Engineering group, they defused land mines as well as built bridges and roads. They offered to put him in a tree with a rifle and several days worth of rations, he declined lol.
    I am proud of my daddy for doing what he did for me and my kids! I have a GodSon who is currently serving in the Air Force, has recently returned from Afghanistan. I am proud of him too.
    To all other veterans of various military actions, conflicts and official wars: Thank You Very Very Much!! You actions thoughts and deeds are appreciated more than you know!!!
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sassinya For This Useful Post:

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

My grandfather served in the latter part of World War II, as a Navy engineer. He was up close to the action, but luckily he came back OK. He has a few health troubles of age nowadays, but I was sure to give him a hug and a big thank you for serving our country.

PL: Epicunicorns--Appllejuice--Unicornkills--Unicornseller--Unicorntwink--Spookyunicorn--Mortuis--Onehornofhate--Monokeros

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Epic Unicorns! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This is such a kind, and nice Idea of a topic...
    -Airaven, Master of Golden Legends! And.. Awesome of course.. DUH!
    Don't forget to thank me!! I will highly appreciate it!! Do not eat him! Or else.. HEHE. -->

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My dad was a tank commander in the Cold War. He doesnt like talking about it at all. :/
    -Pocket Legends ~ DJMdivine - Level 74 Full Dex Bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

To all your family members who served in a war, I thank them for all they have done. Thank you to all the veterans who went to war and sacrificed everything in order to protect our country. Thank you! Have a happy veterans day, you guys deserve the honor that was granted to you.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Where to start?

Great grandfather: WWII
    Great uncle: WWII
    Grandfather: Signal man, Korean War, Vietnam War
    Uncle: Air force, Afghanistan War
    Uncle: Navy, Iraqi War
    Dad: Army, Iraqi War
    Cousin: Medic, Afghanistan War

Thanks for helping me sleep at night knowing I'm safe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sassinya View Post
    My dad went to Vietnam, by choice not draft. He was there during the worst part of the "conflict" called the TET Offensive. He left our country proud to serve her, came home to hippies spitting on him and calling him a baby killer. Daddy doesn't talk much about his experiences in Vietnam, he served in an Engineering group, they defused land mines as well as built bridges and roads. They offered to put him in a tree with a rifle and several days worth of rations, he declined lol.
    I am proud of my daddy for doing what he did for me and my kids! I have a GodSon who is currently serving in the Air Force, has recently returned from Afghanistan. I am proud of him too.
    To all other veterans of various military actions, conflicts and official wars: Thank You Very Very Much!! You actions thoughts and deeds are appreciated more than you know!!!
    Brought tears to my eyes... Thank you to all the people who sacrifice for our country. Including the families who have to be away from loved ones while they are deployed. <(^_^)>v World Peace

Engelhard lvl 85 Engelbird lvl 85 Engelbear lvl 85 Engelrhino lvl 85 Engelfox lvl 85 Drahlegne lvl 10 Engeltwink lvl 10 Kitco lvl 10 Engelone lvl 1. And 12 mystery toons <(^_^)>v

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Engelhard For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

My grandpa Tom Martin was in the Korean war, my great uncle Nicolas Cavallaro was in WWII in the 82nd airborne, and he was gunned down less than a week before he was supposed to come home, my cousin Matt Martin is in Iraq, not allowed to say what he does.