Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balanced staff for bosses

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Obooo View Post
    Does curse skill work on the new boss of infested?
    Yes it does.

Will it reduce boss' damage on us?
    Yes, if you take the Upgrade "Words of Weakening" the boss will do 10% less damage on any hit that land on you for next 5sec of cast. But to be honest its insignificant and total waste of skill points, rather use those points on shield mastery.

Is it similar to the balanced staff?
    No, Balance staff works like any other staff with Dot damage. Dark Attunement is Dot, and Light Attunement is Heal+Mana on allys. I think we should move the discussion on Curse to a new thread as its nowhere related to OP

Whats the diff btwn a normal or charged curse?
    The skill upgrades "Words of Weakening" and "Penetrating Curse" only get triggered when the skill is charged.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Thanks for your reply dear. I just did a test with curse on the infested boss. My conclusion is, the curse skill cannot reflect boss damage, at all. So, dont use it. Details, see "obooo arcane legends curse infested" on you t u b e.
    Last edited by Obooo; 07-18-2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: wording

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Recently obtain balance staff. I dont know the mechanic behind the balance staff.. but it work very well on mausoleum's bosses..

Havent tried it yet with the pool floor when fighting lich or vory. If the pool floor (templar@apostle color) give any advantages or not idk. When we step on it, it deduct our hp by half...

• Reonauz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Thank you, Reo. Good to know balanced staff is working. So sad the curse skill is not working, not as sts described, at all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Obooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thank you, Reo. Good to know balanced staff is working. So sad the curse skill is not working, not as sts described, at all.
    Likewise obooo if the curse skill work like balance staff proc does then we can setup a mage with defensive, high armor and high hp yet deadly. Dont touch me if u want to live ^_^

• Reonauz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts

mage curse skill is bad at pve.. worst than a staff process

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Thanks for your reply dear. I just did a test with curse on the infested boss. My conclusion is, the curse skill cannot reflect boss damage, at all. So, dont use it. Details, see "obooo arcane legends curse infested" on you t u b e.
    Thanks for the video
    I see that curse is working on boss (you see that curse cloud animation on his head), though its hard to test and know if the damage reflection is working on the infected boss because most of his hits can kill you + crit hits does higher damage then normal.

I concluded that all skill upgrades works fine based on the tests I did on Glint elite bosses. So ideally it should work on infested, but if it is, then its negligible. The skill is working as it is mentioned in the skill info, the problem is its very underpowered
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Ya, as you said Psy, when using curse skill, you see boss was cursed by the cloud, you see boss damaged 90% of my hp, but you cannot see any change on boss hp. On the other hand, when boss cursed by balanced staff, boss hp decreases when he causes damage on players hp. So, the skill curse is bugged. Balanced staff curse is working. This is sad to see one of our basic mage skill is not working at all. It hurts the variety of AL builds, especially considering only 3 classes are allowed. As Reo said, if skill curse be good, full strength mage would be a very interesting counter attack build. Sts could get more players, and make more money by a simple fix.... Forgive me, Thinking too far, lol.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Obooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts

anyone still using this staff after the nerf? what's the experience ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Both dragon staff and balanced staff are still working, but not as significant as before. i dont think nerfed weapon is a big issue. The biggest problem of AL is lack of variation or new content. Well, it is just a small phone game, after all. Sts already did a good job compared to other small phone games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts

Both dragon staff and balanced staff are still working, but not as significant as before. i dont think nerfed weapon is a big issue. The biggest problem of AL is lack of variation or new content. Well, it is just a small phone game, after all. Sts already did a good job compared to other small phone games.
    agree nothing is as great as before AL fell a bit short now with all this nerfing of old weapons and giving 1 type of AA weapondary for all class in current and future releases...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to will0 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I use balanced staff on the bosses of mauso and festerfang and I find it wonderful !!! even more if you use ulti "energize" it works very well ! I prefer balanced staff than dragon staff.

Enviado de meu SM-J320M usando o Tapatalk
    Last edited by Atoyd; 04-02-2019 at 09:37 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Atoyd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Balance staff only does 100% damage reflection, Curse skill does 50% damage reflection.
    Ebon Aegis does 2000% damage reflection... so the best weapon will be a warrior with ebon aegis xD, Buy a warrior now.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader For This Useful Post: