Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guild Event II - 3-Tiers, Top-10's, Crystal Keys, Blue Angels, and Glorious GOLD!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

But nothing going for ridiculous price, lel. If ppl don't wanna buy some worthless vanity at OP, rather don't buy em at all., lets sit em with those vans.

The only thing that should matter now is that the all tier gold drops shouldn't be much different than others so that everybody get the gold flow that economy lacking.
    Last edited by Waug; 05-25-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Guild events aren’t going to work to everyone’s benefit. While there is every incentive for Event Hunters to keep their group closed, it seems to only split and divide the community. I’m in PC right now and even a lot of the members are complaining to each other in game in frustration. The last event was fun — at least everyone was in it together.

But from Cinco’s view, I can’t imagine he’s not unhappy. The plat spenders do come out, and that means more resources to make PL a better game. I think everyone needs to relax a bit, not get so caught up in one or two vanities, and recognize that more (and better) things will come. This is a very new event, and there is learning to be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

@waug youre %100 correct. Several people left alts in PC for future guild events. Now the top tier people who buy plat and will spend 20+ hrs grinding the game, are in one guild, its a no brainer that they would lock out the people that let them in for the spoils in the first guild event. This is divisive and greedy to the people they used in the first guild event. This doesnt help the community at all. We need FFA events that require us to farm as groups or even solo to loot rare special vanities such as the vanities from the vendor this time around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

My suggestion is that no plat is involved with the actual grinding before the event ends, but only add elixirs that increase gold drops for plat in the gold farming dungeon.

Ghost has a point, the last guild event was way more fun because it inspired teamwork. This is just boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

@ghost kinda funny you say youre in pc and your GM is in event hunters. Youre gonna say "theres much to be learned"? Yet this isnt about learning, this about one guild destroying the community after %100 of their members were welcomed with open arms to PC so that EVERYONE could have fun and share the spoils. Instead, we have a group of 25 people that will be the sole owners and controllers of the prices in the market. Not to mention being extremely two faced talking about the last guild event "so awesome to see the community coming together" and thanking PC for opening their doors. The greedy will control the market and have divided the community more. You have several plat purchasers that would much rather spend a substantial amount of plat to farm these items in a FFA style event just like ALL the other events we have had. Instead we have events that divide and destroy the community by putting everyone vs eachother.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    [

Now all of a sudden youre active on forums again when its for your ENTIRE guilds personal gain AFTER PC let ALL of you into PC for a COMMUNITY gain and not greed? Yeah, now that you have 85% of the plat purchasers in game that will more then likely spend more plat then anyone else in game to have the personal gain instead of working like a community like PC did last time for EVERYONE. Yeah, totally makes sense. Personal greed and not community gain is all of a sudden okay when its against people you dont like? Total sense when people opened their doors to you and you dont return the favor. Exactly why people from EVERY guild are upset.
    Is it greed tho if i am only going to buy one set and am not planning on selling it at all? Everyone gets the gold map anyways lol. Please quit being the most negative person on the forums and actually try to be positive for once

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

@idevour, ONCE AGAIN, this isnt about being able to sell them. This is about being the sole owners of these items AFTER PC welcomed you and EVERYONE in <event hunters> to PC as a COMMUNITY. Not as a greedy person that wants a rare item. Instead of returning the favor, you get greedy and hog it all to yourselves after PC welcomed EVERYONE with open arms to work TOGETHER. Several of the people in <event hunters> were so thankful on forums talking about "its awesome to see the community coming together" , turn around and basically tell everyone else that HELPED them acquire the previous events spoils, to shove off based on their actions this time around in this event.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mine AGK For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I clearly remember you amd drae being the ones who changed the event into how it is right now tho with your constant complaining about how it isnt a challenge. Now you guys are complaining when a small guild is winning it. When before during the other event i clearly remember you guys closing reborn which at the time of the event was one of two guilds with a chance at winning it.

Now tell me was that out of greed? Or was it for the community? Quit complaining about EVERY single thing that happens on this game and try to enjoy the game.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    @ghost kinda funny you say youre in pc and your GM is in event hunters. Youre gonna say "theres much to be learned"? Yet this isnt about learning, this about one guild destroying the community after %100 of their members were welcomed with open arms to PC so that EVERYONE could have fun and share the spoils. Instead, we have a group of 25 people that will be the sole owners and controllers of the prices in the market. Not to mention being extremely two faced talking about the last guild event "so awesome to see the community coming together" and thanking PC for opening their doors. The greedy will control the market and have divided the community more. You have several plat purchasers that would much rather spend a substantial amount of plat to farm these items in a FFA style event just like ALL the other events we have had. Instead we have events that divide and destroy the community by putting everyone vs eachother.
    Don’t talk about others destroying the community when that’s all you do with your constantly pointing fingers and making accusations for kicks.

Sorry you and I among others aren’t able to get the vanities we would have liked... yes, it is most definitely a learning curve for Cinco.

And for players who spend plat, I can’t really help but understand why players like Event Helpers are doing what they’re doing. If you were in that guild, It’s likely you wouldn’t have contributed to their score. Why should you get the items they have worked for? Don’t blame the players.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-25-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I just want to say a few things.

I joined Event Hunters when it was newly created and was the third member to join. At that point, we were the ultimate underdogs. We just felt like giving it a go and seeing if we could win the event with a small guild of hard workers and also plat spenders (even if you're a plat spender in this event, you still have to work hard for points). I was approached by Sunny and Zohan and we all agreed that we would just give it a shot and there would be nothing to lose. Sunny also stated that she would be contacting PC members to join Event Hunters in case they were interested also, which I believe included Oby in our private chat. I assume the result was that Oby wanted to win the event again under his guild, which is perfectly fine. Unless Sunny never contacted these high ranking PC players at all, I have no idea.

Anyway, from my point of view, the guild was pretty welcoming to players who agreed they were going to grind hard and help the guild out, regardless if they had plat. We have about ten players in this guild currently who have spent no plat at all but have helped us out tremendously through their dedication and hard work. We thank them for that.

We are obviously not going to open our guild doors after the event has already started. People are not going to leech off of our hard work (and for some, their plat spent).

Let me also be clear that I have very little say in what happens in this guild. Ultimately, the decision comes down to Zohan who is the master of the guild and the one who united this group together. Up until the very last moment, I told Zohan I was cool with anyone who desired to join us and that everyone thought would put in a lot of effort. If you weren't invited, then the group majority didn't believe that you would put the hard work in. But once the event started, the guild was permanently closed from then on.

The last community event brought us together in PC but was a highly flawed event as I said from the beginning. This event is also flawed, but in another way, as you can all see. I have been against guild challenges (at least the way they have been implemented) since the very beginning. However, as a player who likes to collect cool vanities whenever possible, I put myself in a position where I thought I might have the best possible chance to gain access to these vanities. Lots of other players are frustrated because they did not think of doing the same or didn't think Event Hunters had even a sliver of a chance of winning. There were plenty of individuals from big guilds berating us before the guild event had even happened and mocked us, saying there was no way we could have any chance of winning.

Now there are players raging at us in town when they see our guild name. I've been cussed at by several players today. Obviously there is some frustration within the community, but we shouldn't resort to low level mud-slinging as such.

Since the very beginning, I indeed stated that there were half a dozen better ideas than what Cinco had proposed for challenges. One of which was an event that brought everyone together (I.e. The community as a whole would need to gain 3m points to gain access to a vendor). Such an event would have been similar to the Forgotten chest smashing event and would have satisfied everyone.

No such event has been given to us. Instead, another guild challenge that would obviously result in more divisiveness was brought to the game. I have proposed changes that can benefit everyone, but it is up to Cinco to make those changes happen.

I am not the creator of chaos, I am simply riding the waves and trying to make my way ashore. Cinco is the ultimate decision maker. As the old saying goes, "don't hate the player, hate the game."

I likely won't respond to any replies to this post coming from players raging at me and trying to mud sling.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

@ghost lol people planned on making a guild just specifically for EVERYONE in the community to work TOGETHER in order to recieve the spoils. That reduces the need for any one guild to have to worry about members leaving and joining. No hard feelings for anyone or between any guilds.

None of these accusations are false. Zohan and jen have stated they will make the prices on the items after crafted into tradable items riciculously over priced considering the gold sink we just recently had. EXACTLY the reason cinco had to give the winners a gold farming map.

Youre making an assumption that i wouldnt be contributing? Im after the rare vanities that are lootable and would have been nice to have the COMMUNITY COME TOGETHER to share the spoils between EVERYONE like they did before. Instead we get a group of greedy players that shut out, even their own guildies to participate in 1 guild and not help their original guild out. Thats why everyone is upset. Not just reborn and PC. EVERYONE.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mine AGK For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

There was no word that Event Hunters was closing their doors. I was ready to spend just as much plat as anybody else.

Honestly the whole idea is kind of annoying. Members want to keep items exclusive just to boost their prices, because there's no other reason to not join PC. I'm against closed guilds in general anyways. Plus, everybody knows that this event comes down to who has the most plat.

Guild events in general still have a long ways to go.
    Last edited by Buchmeister; 05-25-2018 at 09:32 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Buchmeister For This Useful Post:

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #73
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Couple of things.

First, I want to thank you guys for making the first Guild Event my most successful event ever.
    (My criteria for judging what works and what doesn't work may be a bit different from yours.)

Second, I want to wish all of you luck in Guild Event II!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: