Thread: Need Help with Fox PvP End Lvl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Need Help with Fox PvP End Lvl

Hey guys I'm in need of help with fox at end lvl pvp.
    I've been practicing my butt of with some friends but when I get into a real match I would always lose so I'm wondering if you guys can give me some pointers.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Which set are you using? Depending on the set, the play-style, combos, and general pointers are going to change dramatically.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I recommend you listen to the fox above, despite said issues we have had in the past he knows what he is talking about

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Which set are you using? Depending on the set, the play-style, combos, and general pointers are going to change dramatically.
    I'm using L105 hawk talon set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YunNuke View Post
    I'm using L105 hawk talon set

You're gonna want to craft a build and skill order that allows you to essentially nuke your opponent. I unfortunately don't know this cap well, and thus don't know how easy this is, but that would be my strategy for any other cap.

Biggest point I can make is to avoid as many stuns as possible (My tips are going to be ffa focused seeing as this cap appears to be ffa-centric). Because you are dex, your survivability is extremely low and since your buff is your unstun, you wont have it up when you do get stunned.

To do this, you are going to essentially wait for one of the enemy carries (bird or mage typically) to make a positional error. This is where the strengths of fox come into play.

When they step even just a pixel too far forward, you are going to unleash all of your damage. Be sure to pull them into the middle of your team with pull if possible (to maximize your team's aoe damage) and your dashes + darts and other abilites to nuke them down.

If they die, you have played fox successfully! Remember that even if you die for it, you have completed the objective of the fox (that being nuke an enemy carry in exchange for your own life). The only (and huge downside) to fox in ffa, is that it relies on a good team outside yourself to win the 2v2 after you die. So even if you lose the game to 10, you may have done your job fine.

Hope this helps, and good luck on the fox!
    Walie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    You're gonna want to craft a build and skill order that allows you to essentially nuke your opponent. I unfortunately don't know this cap well, and thus don't know how easy this is, but that would be my strategy for any other cap.

Biggest point I can make is to avoid as many stuns as possible (My tips are going to be ffa focused seeing as this cap appears to be ffa-centric). Because you are dex, your survivability is extremely low and since your buff is your unstun, you wont have it up when you do get stunned.

To do this, you are going to essentially wait for one of the enemy carries (bird or mage typically) to make a positional error. This is where the strengths of fox come into play.

When they step even just a pixel too far forward, you are going to unleash all of your damage. Be sure to pull them into the middle of your team with pull if possible (to maximize your team's aoe damage) and your dashes + darts and other abilites to nuke them down.

If they die, you have played fox successfully! Remember that even if you die for it, you have completed the objective of the fox (that being nuke an enemy carry in exchange for your own life). The only (and huge downside) to fox in ffa, is that it relies on a good team outside yourself to win the 2v2 after you die. So even if you lose the game to 10, you may have done your job fine.

Hope this helps, and good luck on the fox!
    Walie
    Well Walie thank you for sharing and I'll take those tips into consideration. The next problem I'm having is arranging the right skills to help me in pvp. All of the fox skills are useful tbh I don't see any skills for fox that is useless so it's kinda hard to make a build. But my main problem is the Evasion and Heal skill cool down it's bothering me alot. But what can I do I just gotta leave with it, but once thank you for sharing. This is not only for me but other players that are interested in playing fox at end level pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YunNuke View Post
    Well Walie thank you for sharing and I'll take those tips into consideration. The next problem I'm having is arranging the right skills to help me in pvp. All of the fox skills are useful tbh I don't see any skills for fox that is useless so it's kinda hard to make a build. But my main problem is the Evasion and Heal skill cool down it's bothering me alot. But what can I do I just gotta leave with it, but once thank you for sharing. This is not only for me but other players that are interested in playing fox at end level pvp.

Because nearly all of the foxes skills fulfill the same purpose (dealing damage) the build is honestly quite arbitrary, and that's something nobody has seemed to grasp about fox from those I have talked to about it.

The main learning curve is just experience. Honestly, the build has near absolute zero importance to how you do well in PvP. The experience of knowing how much damage you do and when you can nuke someone down is how you improve. Play enough games, and you will for sure find success.

Hope this helps,
    Walie

P.S. Pro-tip: Don't use a super high level heal, it honestly isn't worth it and just cuts into your damage cap (because it takes skill points away from damage abilities).