Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Solution against people who AFK

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    552
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    96
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default Solution against people who AFK

    Can there be done something against people who AFK midway in map on purpose and don't leave? Happens a lot to me in M3-4. Come on at least leave so others can in and we don't struggle with the map.

    My solution is that people who do not take and deal damage for 5 minutes should be kicked out of the map.

  2. #2
    Member PatD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    217
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    70
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    73
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

    Default

    you can punish those players yourself, just put them on your ignore list

  3. #3
    Senior Member Fyrce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sanctuary
    Posts
    4,428
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,353
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    612
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

    Default

    I do more solos and set parties. Minimize interaction with those types of abusers.

    Star light, star bright...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    552
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    96
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    you can punish those players yourself, just put them on your ignore list
    I already do that however that doesn't recompense the time I lost in map etc, sometimes because of it I have to leave the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    I do more solos and set parties. Minimize interaction with those types of abusers.
    I'm a tank it's hard to solo maus or any harder elite map for me but yeah I'm trying to run with friends whenever it's possible
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohealth View Post
    Can there be done something against people who AFK midway in map on purpose and don't leave? Happens a lot to me in M3-4. Come on at least leave so others can in and we don't struggle with the map.

    My solution is that people who do not take and deal damage for 5 minutes should be kicked out of the map.

  5. #5
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    287
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    51
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nohealth View Post
    Can there be done something against people who AFK midway in map on purpose and don't leave? Happens a lot to me in M3-4. Come on at least leave so others can in and we don't struggle with the map.

    My solution is that people who do not take and deal damage for 5 minutes should be kicked out of the map.
    what if soloing till m4 or m5? and decided to stay afk at midway

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    552
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    96
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    what if soloing till m4 or m5? and decided to stay afk at midway
    You can always go ghost party, people in party shouldn't be affected by the auto kick option.

  7. #7
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    287
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    51
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nohealth View Post
    You can always go ghost party, people in party shouldn't be affected by the auto kick option.
    if was in random - after main boss i decided to make party for next floor and waiting for friends. i should not be kicked because i dont doing anything wrong, but im not in party (as u said) and i dont deal/recieve any dmg because map cleaned.

    it will be too many conditions who must be kicked and who not

    ps: afkers can make ghost party too before they going afk? and will not be kicked

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    552
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    96
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    if was in random - after main boss i decided to make party for next floor and waiting for friends. i should not be kicked because i dont doing anything wrong, but im not in party (as u said) and i dont deal/recieve any dmg because map cleaned.

    it will be too many conditions who must be kicked and who not
    Then maybe a voting system? Just anything. I'm tired of leaving midway in m3-4 or elite maus just because people go AFK to eat dessert and don't care about the people in map...

  9. #9
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    287
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    51
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nohealth View Post
    Then maybe a voting system? Just anything. I'm tired of leaving midway in m3-4 or elite maus just because people go AFK to eat dessert and don't care about the people in map...
    voting system - arrogants will kick weak players, or also if someone randomly joined 3 friends, and those 3 friends want invite other - same kick for nothing

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    552
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    96
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    voting system - arrogants will kick weak players
    I'm weak myself then help us find better solution hmm?

  11. #11
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    287
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    51
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nohealth View Post
    I'm weak myself
    then u can be kicked for nothing by arrogants, and will go forum again to tell about removing this kicking system

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to slaaayerrr For This Useful Post:


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    552
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    96
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    then u can be kicked for nothing by arrogants, and will go forum again to tell about removing this kicking system
    I don't care about arrogant people and Nah I wouldn't

    Anyways if you don't have any possible solutions to offer, I don't see point to continue the conversation
    Thx tho

  14. #13
    Senior Member Abuze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Guildhall
    Posts
    661
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    163
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    323
    Thanked in
    164 Posts

    Default

    The AFK system you suggested is a good idea. Works like that in other games too, if you don't move more than X amount of time you should get an auto DC, the more DC's you get from leeching the more chances you have of getting a ban.
    Hopefully this gets implemented because those who are like "form a party, etc etc" Don't know the struggle of not having anyone in either friend list or guild that wants to run X map with you.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:


  16. #14
    Forum Adept DalleManden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    260
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    50
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    The AFK system you suggested is a good idea. Works like that in other games too, if you don't move more than X amount of time you should get an auto DC, the more DC's you get from leeching the more chances you have of getting a ban.
    Hopefully this gets implemented because those who are like "form a party, etc etc" Don't know the struggle of not having anyone in either friend list or guild that wants to run X map with you.
    Isn't banning them rather extreme?
    Mage 66: Dalledalle Warrior 66: Dallemanden

  17. #15
    Member Kaaziii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    135
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DalleManden View Post
    Isn't banning them rather extreme?
    Leeching breaks ToS...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #16
    Senior Member Gouiwaa9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    748
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    122
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    231
    Thanked in
    141 Posts

    Default

    A voting system was suggested multiple times for pvp in the past , to solve blocking . I dont know how things are right now , but i feel like blocking is/was way more annoying that someone going afk in a map that can be cleared with 3 players . I guess if it wasn't implement back then for whatever reasons , it wont be now .


    Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

  19. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    552
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    96
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    A voting system was suggested multiple times for pvp in the past , to solve blocking . I dont know how things are right now , but i feel like blocking is/was way more annoying that someone going afk in a map that can be cleared with 3 players . I guess if it wasn't implement back then for whatever reasons , it wont be now .
    I don't see point of bringing PvP into my thread as I only mentioned PvE. I don't really care about all the "blocking and PvP" drama as well

  20. #18
    Senior Member Gouiwaa9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    748
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    122
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    231
    Thanked in
    141 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nohealth View Post
    I don't see point of bringing PvP into my thread as I only mentioned PvE. I don't really care about all the "blocking and PvP" drama as well
    sorry XD

    Just saying that sts had a reason to not implement a system like this in the past .


    Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

  21. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    23
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

    Default

    In the case of soloing lets say m5 and wanna go afk cause u wanna eat and later make a team for m6, making the auto kick feature disabled after boss has been dead is 1 solution.

    Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. I'm not as new gen as some people say.
    By Itoopeo in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2015, 07:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •