Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Fan Fiction Contest! Win IGN!

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Default AL Fan Fiction Contest! Win IGN!

Win the IGN "Apocalypse"!

Write an Arcane Legends Fan Fiction describing an apocalyptic event that happens in the Arlor world. Use npc's or villains, cities, maps, events relating to AL. or create new lore that expands on the existing AL storylines.

minimum of 5 entries for contest to begin.

Contest deadline: June 30th, 2018

Winner to be announced: July 7th, 2018
    Last edited by Java; 05-25-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Great contest! Can't wait to read all the stories. Good luck to everyone ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

7th july's my bday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Dreamscape raids with everyone using Venim. I'll take my name now too

(Sounds fun!)

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Once upon a time, An aspiring mage wished to create the perfect creature for he had lost everyone he ever loved by the followers of The Dark Apostles ; A creature who would be perfect; A creature who could cheat death itself. The mage threw himself into sorcery, necromancy and the the secret of life and death. For years, he dedicated his life to it and travelled between places such as Carvina where he studied the vampirism ; Arlor, the art of heroism and Alterra the root of life and death.

The mage combined his experiences and knowledge from this land then experimented. Little did he know, something was about to go horrible wrong. He did everything and made the creature as he imagined. A create who can outsand any environment and be timeless but death and time is funny things because it’s what gives life meaning. This creature had no purpose for itself. As happy as the wizard was at his creation, the creation was far from happy. It had no partner, no friends and most importantly no purpose. This drove the create mad. When the rage comes in, so does it’s vampiric nature

The creature find its way into Alterra escaping from a secret location in Carvina where he was born. He encounters living beings for the first time. Noticing how fragile they are, it takes it’s first kill and realizes the only purpose for a being such as him is to understand what death really means. The creature fuels with rage as his kill teaches him nothing and he looses control of himself. This leads to a massacre.

The wizard realizes nothing is perfect without imperfections and his creations imperfection was far too high to achieve perfection. Ashamed by his creature, the wizard seeks to undo his creature by seeking new knowledge. Meanwhile, The creature bathes in the blood of the world and becomes a world killer.

Fueled by his anger, resentment and disgust, the wizard cast a spell on this creature to mobilize him. While this holds the creature for a long time, the creature eventually breaks free as the wizards magic depletes.

Eventually, the creature finds himself into Arlor. A brand new realm to learn from.
    Last edited by Azerothraven; 05-26-2018 at 02:29 PM.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Month of the Sun

It was only five summers ago when the world of Arlor became what it is today. A war torn society, thanks to the council of light. There are no longer any adults, mentors, beastmasters, or merchants left. Everyone above the age of 17 has left to fight. I no longer believe that the war is being fought for one side. Instead everyone involved is fighting to end the war; the only way they now how to keep fighting.

The war started when the council of light came to a disagreement over the use of dark magic and weather it should be permanently banned for everyone. However, the public would never learn about this until it was too late to change the fate of Arlor.
    After being put to a vote the results were evenly divided, save a few extra members siding with the banishment of all unholy magic. This greatly angered the side in favor of the dark arts. In turn they waged war on their fellow council men. The war started off small, but with all the most powerful witches and wizards battling it out, it soon affected the rest of Arlor.

The only place safe from the treachery of magic is Paradise Pier, ironically which was named a paradise before the war, but wasn't until after the war did the name actually apply. This is where I've resided in hopes of training to end this dark age of Arlor. I'm no great mage like the lightbearers of the past. I only have my valor to bring my world back to its former glory. Except I face one problem, there is no one left to teach me light magic. I fear I'll have to turn to the dark arts in order to to have any hope of defeating one of the dark apostles. However, my mother did leave me a spirit guide, a turtle named Guapo. He may be slow, but without him I wouldn't be able to have the courage to take on this journey.

Signed,

Alfi

Month of the Sun, Day 27

I found a scroll on my travels which proved to be very helpful. It taught me certain skills which otherwise should have been useful. Only thing is I haven't come across any fighting yet. I've seen the aftermath of the war, but no one is here? Where has everyone gone, no they can't be dead. No, I refuse to believe that for a second; my family can't all be gone. I, I fear I may be going crazy.
    Signed,
    A (sane?) Alfi

Month of the Cool Winds

Almost half a summer has gone by since I've started this journey. I have come to the conclusion that the war is more elaborate than I once imagined. The reason I never found anyone alive is...welll... they've all turned into undead versions of themselves. I've been killing former humans! How did this happen? I can't go back home without knowing how to fix this. The Arlorian race may be doomed, I may be the only one who can combat this, but how?

Month of the Harvest
    I stumbled upon an abandoned home of a dark magic user. In their research I was able to find the cause of the mutation of once living humans. It was dark magic meant to end the war, but it only made everything much worse. I should have been affected by now somehow I'm immune, maybe I can become a cure...

I no longer know how long its been. I've given up I read everything I could find, I've given up limbs and my life to turn just one person back. Nothing I've done has been successful. I wanna go back, back where though? I no longer know where is...but anywhere but this nightmare sounds like heaven. That once childish dream sounds like a life time ago. I wished I still had that naive belief that me one person with no knowledge could actually change the fate of an entire world. How idiotic... Sigh this will be my last entry I can no longer continue in this world, maybe some day people will thrive in Arlor again. And maybe one of those people will read this and make better choices than I have.
    Signed,
    Alfi

ign Wuggle
    Last edited by Wuggle; 05-28-2018 at 09:37 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wuggle For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I would love to create a new lore (subplot) that expands the current AL storyline. Unfortunately I do not understand the current plot. Its all so random.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Keep them coming! Loving them so far..great work guys and gals.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Still need a few more stories to officially kick off this contest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Oooh, exciting. Gonna work on my entry now.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Teases For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Just a reminder, don't miss the opportunity to snag an awesome name. Enter this contest!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Just a reminder, don't miss the opportunity to snag an awesome name. Enter this contest!!
    How long does the story have to be? As much as the standard comment/post on forum allows us to talk?

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    How long does the story have to be? As much as the standard comment/post on forum allows us to talk?
    Just a short story. Nothing crazy. A preface or introduction is fine. Or a teaser that hints at a deeper story and leaves us wanting more.

As much or as little as you want.

Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Just a short story. Nothing crazy. A preface or introduction is fine. Or a teaser that hints at a deeper story and leaves us wanting more.

As much or as little as you want.

Good luck!
    Oh alright, a dark teaser sounds fine to me, gotta try it out. Thanks!

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

The Sorceress has finally figured out the secret of the dead and reached her maximum potential. She casted a spell which opened up portal between time and dimension leading to a number of changes in Arlor. It has affected all of the campaigns, stories and timeline of Arlor. She has casted the undead of graveyard and mausoleum in to all Around Arlor. Though, for some reason, the towns are protected. They took over all of the maps and now players are no longer able to run maps withouted being cursed, aimshot or be pestered by the undead warriors.

The Sorceress has upgraded the power of the curse with one twist; once a hero is cursed, they can't be reborn for unknown reason. Thus, new heroes, are no longer born and this lead to the rise of more and more undead and less heroes. Only the fearless dare to enter the maps but this lead to massive economic crisis in Arlor and merchants started going bankrupt and the rise of scammers grew more and more.
    Fight Me -_-

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Continental For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

not liking anything i write but i really want the ign :0 i will submit something i p rom ise

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Teases For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teases View Post
    not liking anything i write but i really want the ign :0 i will submit something i p rom ise
    No rush, still a lot of time to go.

If this goes well, I have a few more names that might make for fun giveaways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Once upon a time there was a rogue named L.

L.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Definitely a Villain

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eatdamage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Había una vez en Arlor, una persona tuvo la idea de gobernar el mundo con aniquilación total y tuvo éxito. Todas de las personas en el mundo murieron. Yo era la persona con esa idea. Y utilicé mi guillotina de confienza para hacer el trabajo. El trabajo no fue fácil, pero conté con la ayuda de mis amigos, eliminé hasta a la última persona. Llegó al punto en que tuve que eliminar a mis amigas y lo hice tan lento y doloroso como pude.
    Last edited by Killerjam; 08-06-2019 at 02:01 PM.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Killerjam For This Useful Post: