Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Fan Fiction Contest! Win IGN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This adventure took place roughly five years ago, and I remember almost every detail of that dire event. Those bestial goblins continued to dwell in Arlor and perniciously harassed the citizens. Before the goblins arrival, everyone lived in tranquility until one covetous person decided to rebel and gain power for himself. It was up to my two trustworthy companions and I. One was a warrior, the other a sorcerer, and I, a rogue. We were the last of our kind, or so we thought until we continued our journey. Thrown on the streets with nothing but ragged clothing, we met Gustav, some odd fellow he was.

He took us around Arlor to show what it had to offer. The people were very genial and altruistic, but it pained us to see Windmoore torn to pieces with nothing but destroyed buildings. Oddly enough, there were still people living there in harsh conditions. They were lacking water because the goblins tenaciously took all of it for themselves. It's not like they actually washed or bathed themselves to begin with. Taking this upon ourselves, we cleared out all of the monsters that lurked nearby and restored Windmoore to its original beauty.

We merely did everything we could to make a living. We entered Taverns to accept any quest that involved gold and completed them in regards of having a better future. The goblins had been taxing all of the Arlorians; and even paying your taxes late resulted in being enslaved, punished, or killed. Poverty was common in Arlor, the rich became poor and the poor became poorer. Taking quests involved exploring new towns and defeating more of those rebels. Arlor was at its lowest point, so we had to repeatedly put our lives on the line. Trust me, enduring was nearly impossible.

During one of our major raids near Kraag; Gustav, consequently, had not made it out alive. He had decided to take on that enemy himself but failed to do so. Ever since that day, the three of us have been lugubrious over his death. I only wished that modern "venomous haste set" was around during the time, and maybe he would still be with us today. On our own volition, we took Gustav's burden and vowed to stay loyal and dedicate our lives to the citizens. We ventured and expanded Arlor's boundaries, and ultimately coming across other enemies with the mindset of having it fall.

Continuously defeating them, the goblins return once a year with hopes of eliminating all Arlorians. However, Arlor will not fall so easily. Regardless, no one has the slightest clue on who could be behind all of this destruction. With the augmentation of new Arlorians that are training each and everyday, we can pick of the remnants of Arlor and bring everyone together once more.

Will you join the fight?

Yours truly,
    Legal
    Last edited by Legal; 06-05-2018 at 12:48 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Legal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Journal of Hox

Page 201 :

Uller forgot to clean up the arena, again.

I talked about this with father and he just chuckled and told me to leave the poor guy alone. Although my dad is anything but generous with humans he sometimes lets Uller fool around with the chores. Having spent a lifetime fighting and training alongside humans, Dad certainly understands them better than any of our kind.

While my father was away defending, my mother raised us brothers. She was a strong-willed woman but the trials of raising children alone in a war-torn country took their toll and pushed her to an early grave. Sentiment dictates that I must resent my father for abandoning us but in reality if it was not for him me and my brother Haxx would be long dead in that godforsaken land of Shuyal.

Page 202 :

The green vials.

Business is good but its getting slower by the day. Adventurers travel from far away lands to test their might and fight monsters in planar tombs and arena for gold and glory but their ever-hungry hordes are stealing from our own daily quota of ectoplasm. They spend hours tirelessly battling the demons and winning reward chests. This can slowly bankrupt us.

When I asked dad about this, he advised me that there is still enough ectoplasm to go around. “Violence and Vanities my boy, Violence and Vanities are what humans live for” thats what he has always taught us. I don’t understand how long will we be able to compete against these greedy giants but Im sure about one thing, father wont just stand by and watch.

Just is case, Im going to ask Uller to run a double shift today.

Page 205 :

A God fell.

For decades father, Haxx and I have hid among the common folk by pretending to like their kind, wearing their clothes, assisting them in their dull desires for glory. Our giants hoods hide the contempt we have for them. They too tend not to trouble us too much since we control the gates to the most wretched adventures and bloody delights. But today something strange happened. My heart felt a slight prick as I saw the ‘Godly’ Uller drop exhausted after defeating Frostir. He has fought the monster countless times but today was the first time saw something break inside of him. He yelled ‘her’ name and dropped on the ground.

Even after centuries and countless punishments he remembers Himingleva.

Page 206 :

Villi, My Father.

Whenever we have hit a brick wall, father magically opens a portal to solve our problems, literally. When he realised the humans were happier letting our kind perish in Shuyal than to join and assist us. He pledged to make Uller and Himingleva’s pay for this selfishness.
    He tricked and sent Himingleva’s to the Kraken isles where he had already paid off the pirates to kill her. Comforted and cajoled the broken-hearted Uller to get addicted to Nott drugs in disguise of medicines, In a matter of days the ‘Godly’ human conveniently became a mumbling, drooling servant of ours. He faked Uller’s death and spread a story about how the champion died courageously fighiting for Nordr. While Stronghold was busy mourning their son and fighting the frost giants, father spent time secretly studying and repairing the only portal that joined Arlor to Shuyal. When the reparations were done he insisted that my brother and I should use the portal. All three of us suffered horrible disfigurements from the savage magical powers it held but we made it to Arlor. Thankfully, after using the portal for the first time we were immune to its poison on further use.

Its nearly midnight I must sleep, Uller is groaning in his basement quarters, recovering. I cannot help but appreciate the the skill of Nott chemists, their concoctions will let our slave see another day, Fight another monster and earn more ectoplasm for us. The Doctors did say that Uller has suffered a lot of physcial damage to his head and added to that his daily drug abuse has turned his mind to mush. Father told us to consider this as an opportunity in disguise. We were instructed to address Uller only as ‘Saige’ from now. I dare not question the purpose behind this.

Page 207 :

Saige.

Uller has been acting strangely since this accident. He has become surprisingly obedient and dutiful. I believe his broken spirit has accepted this ‘Saige’ persona and in a stroke of amnesia lost all his past memories. He has been acting as the perfect servant battling the demons, earning the ectoplasm. Father thinks we should use this newfound servitude of Saige and has ordered the giant to assist us in running our new Vanity recipe shop right beside the Planar arena during the break hours. We will make him wear a ridiculous armour that covers him up as a further precaution against anyone recognising him.

I have been told by father to stand and keep a watchful eye on Saige as he runs the shop.

Page 225 :

“Violence and Vanities”.

Father’s advice always holds true. The humans in their search for gold and bloodshed have turned their lustfilled eyes to farther away lands. Only a small percentage still tests their luck at our arena and tomb, which is perfect for us. We have paid the city officials well and they have promised to let us set up shop for an indefinite amount of time. They are none the wiser, and have left a massive chunk of ectoplasm for us to collect, control and sell. Saige too has been quite cheerful in his new found responsibilities.

Sometimes if you talk to me I might let it slip “How once a God fell in our arena”. My father on the other hand, standing atop the arena balcony is a complete professional. Well too an extent…there is that issue about the metal spikes at the entrance…yeah.

Disclaimer : There are major canon-elements which I have completely ignored except for a few :
    Hox, Haxx and the arena balcony dude are faceless.
    These three smurfs also wear clothes that are similar to those available in game. Rollen in Nordr might be an exception but he is a drunk who says that Uller's tomb is behind him while its in the front.
    Hox will talk to you about a fallen God if u enquire enough, while balcony dude dosent.
    Noobs get impaled at the arena entrance all the time.
    Ture in nordr is all fishy about Uller's death.
    Arlorians actually disliked the idea of opening the portal to shuyal since they feared the monsters might enter through it.
    Vials of ectoplasm are weirdly high in price right now
    Hox keeps on staring at Saige aka Uller.
    Saige is a covered up chump who sells Uller, VIlli, Himingleva vanity recipes in kraag.

(I might edit some of it later or add a journal entry or two to make it sound more apocalyptic but for now this is the final submission)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eatdamage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    No rush, still a lot of time to go.

If this goes well, I have a few more names that might make for fun giveaways.
    Hm, I might go on hiatus over the summer so I should submit something before then. Just having weird writers block feelings shlump thing. :S
    ... you should totally include igns for 2nd and 3rd place *cough* *cough*

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teases View Post
    Hm, I might go on hiatus over the summer so I should submit something before then. Just having weird writers block feelings shlump thing. :S
    ... you should totally include igns for 2nd and 3rd place *cough* *cough*
    I might have a second ign for this contest but it's more of a rogue specific name.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I might have a second ign for this contest but it's more of a rogue specific name.
    ooh whats the ign?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

ooh whats the ign?
    Going with the "Apocalypse" name..I also have "Apocalipstick" ign. I hestitated to include a runner up name because it is gender/class specific.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

I was considering a contest for the ign "Beard" with the accomplaying guild "Of Legend" as a double prize. Maybe an origin story contest for the Legendary Hero called "Beard"?

Not much free time any more so I was wanting to free up a few non-coffee themed names I have on some very rarely used alts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I was considering a contest for the ign "Beard" with the accomplaying guild "Of Legend" as a double prize. Maybe an origin story contest for the Legendary Hero called "Beard"?

Not much free time any more so I was wanting to free up a few non-coffee themed names I have on some very rarely used alts.
    i.... i want beard.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

i.... i want beard.....
    I'll do that one next...or maybe if enough are interested in that one too... I'll start it Soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I'll do that one next...or maybe if enough are interested in that one too... I'll start it Soon.
    ballad of beard homies where u at

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Does having a beard qualify me to get that title?
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Red face

'B'
    Looking good so far!! Let's keep em comin!
    Last edited by Trahern; 06-09-2018 at 02:20 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trahern For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Still plenty of time to enter this contest for a great IGN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

my entry still hasnt been approved by a mod. should i just pm it to you java?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

You can do that as well. Maybe it's not being approved because it's the weekend? Or maybe just busy. Would you like me to repost it for you then?
    my entry still hasnt been approved by a mod. should i just pm it to you java?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Congrats bro for giveaways

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

You can do that as well. Maybe it's not being approved because it's the weekend? Or maybe just busy. Would you like me to repost it for you then?
    Oh maybe that's it! I'll send it to you now, you don't have to repost it in case it gets approved over the week. <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

“We must not look at goblin men, We must not buy their fruits: Who knows upon what soil they fed, their hungry, thirsty roots?”
    ― Christina Rossetti

The first boat came at dawn, a dark figure on the misty horizon, like Lucifer himself: an omen, bringing the foul stench of death and decay with the morning dew. A curse swept its way through Arlor, a festering blight that plagued anything it touched. Mothers held their sons in their arms and quietly carried hooded darkness home. What hath God wrought?

Family after family the venomous contagion slithered and crept ‘til worlds fell. Those of us left alive wandered aimlessly scattered, abandoned by the Gods. I do not pray anymore. No prayer shall leave my lips lest I abandon myself too. I could not betray my fallen brothers and sisters to do something as that to Gods I can only assume do not care.

At least, that’s what I told myself, but the world is cruel and life is long; in times of hardship I can not say the temptation to ask for a blessing does not cross my mind. In a moment of weakness, nearly dead of starvation, I called upon Rendtail.

“I invoke thee, old God of death, you have taken many from me. Grant me mercy.”

I was found after a moon and carried off by a stranger to a settlement, to salvation. I couldn’t believe my weary eyes: children, laughing, playing. They began to fill with tears and my lips began to quiver. I looked up at the stranger above me, his silhouette illuminated by the morning sun like some holy being. “God? Have you looked down on me in mercy? Have you spared me life, and given me sanctuary in your arms?”

“You are alive, child”

I sobbed for three suns and three moons overcome with emotion. I thought I had abandoned myself when I called out for Rendtail, but in truth, i had abandoned myself long ago. When death came for my family I had left myself behind, I could no longer be a child, and I grieved for that girl. I grieved for my mother, and brothers, and sisters. I cried out of sheer happiness: to be alive. My chest felt so full one minute, and completely void the next… I grieved for the Heaven I thought I had known.

Every day they would feed me fruit and nuts, not a feast to a King but a feast to me. They had oranges, and apples, and strawberries, and bread, beautiful, amazing bread. I had not known bliss until then. When I felt better I began to explore more, and I watched as the men harvested the field and the children played, and the women worked. Winter was coming fast and rations became smaller and smaller.

One night I shared a portion of my rations to a little boy I had favored, but no good deed goes unpunished. I was still starving, and I thought surely they wouldn’t miss a potato or two? I tiptoed out of bed and made my way to the field, digging at the dirt with my bare hands. I found no potatoes, only an elbow. I dug around me in a panic, revealing limbs and faces. They build their farm on a graveyard. They fertilized their crops with people. I felt so sick to my stomach.

It was my foolishness that led me to believe that the Gods had answered my prayer, that the blight had been malicious, and that Gods could be benevolent. The only Gods watching Arlor now are indifferent. I don’t know what to do. I could not survive the harrowing winter out there. If I had died, surely I am in Hell for my choice to stay is truly demonic.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Teases For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Great story, Teases. Well done everyone. Gonna make this a difficult decision.

Btw...still time left to enter the contest.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

This is a very very long contest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk