Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Booting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    My problem with this subject is that the forums are cluttered with these repeat threads. There are threads for complaints and threads like Redbridge's showing how to deal with it. Other than extremely rude booting, I am not sure why this bothers people so much. Either find another game or host you own. Maybe it's just me....
    exactly...
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I don't think it's rude to join a game that isn't passworded. I agree with OP. It is rude to be booted before you even get a chance to spawn. That's just my opinion though. I don't really get tore up, I just find another game.
    If they are holding a spot for someone, they are not entitled to give an explanation nor wait for you to fully spawn. I don't like it either, and I just move on., like you said...but if they want to boot you before you even spawn fully, then that is no different than booting ten seconds later. It is their game, and sometimes people have their reasons. Unfortunately many ppl are not as polite as the majority of forumers

++++++++

And I bet that if we tried, we could find at least ten threads on this very subject.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    If they are holding a spot for someone, they are not entitled to give an explanation nor wait for you to fully spawn. I don't like it either, and I just move on., like you said...but if they want to boot you before you even spawn fully, then that is no different than booting ten seconds later. It is their game, and sometimes people have their reasons. Unfortunately many ppl are not as polite as the majority of forumers

++++++++

And I bet that if we tried, we could find at least ten threads on this very subject.
    I understand that. I still think it's rude though. It's just common courtesy. It doesn't take that long to type out "sry full" or just "full". That's 3 more letters. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Pro tip, have a boot line already copied on your device when you're grinding.

IIRC, mine was "Unfortunately, this game is full. I sincerely apologize". With much success, people find it less rude than a single letter, but it only took me as much as to type as that single letter

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellyidol For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I understand that. I still think it's rude though. It's just common courtesy. It doesn't take that long to type out "sry full" or just "full". That's 3 more letters. Lol.
    Your "rude" does not mean somebody else thinks it's rude. Different cultures have different ideas of normal acceptable/rude behavior, and PL/SL are very multi-national games. I used to get worked up about it, then I realized...it's just a game and if I am getting POd because I think someone is "rude" for booting me from a game, I need to "Lighten up, Francis". So lighten up, Francis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE View Post
    I agree with that. In no way did I say a person was in the wrong for booting. They are allowed to boot for whatever reason they like, whether I feel it is rude or not. My comment was in reference to...
    Gotcha. Valid point, my bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Yes booting is out of control, I suggest something like:

You have seletced to boot *insertnamehere*
    For reason: (You have to choose)
    -Elixir Only
    -Guild runs
    -Farming at a lower level than yours

And then the party would have to press yes or no so if it was 2-2 they'd be booted or 2-1 or 1-2 they wouldn't.
    Also it would say sorry after it booted you
    Last edited by Fatpigwarrior; 11-13-2011 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Spelling error/gramatical errors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Veoveoveo:479442
    (This is just an opinion,g so some of you might disagree).

I find that it's rather rude when people boot you right away with reasons like: k, s, and random letters I guess. I prefer when people ask you to leave,
    with comments like: "Level 56 farming," or "Thrasher or boot, sorry," or "level 60 grinding."
    Like I said, I hate it when people do this, especially since I'm only level 57.
    Any thoughts?
    (remember, only an opinion and my preference).
    I agree with what you are saying. When people boot for lame reasons or in a lame way it is very rude. It hurts the game experience for many and is a low-level form of griefing.

But unfortuenaly, it is not going to stop. There is little that can be done about it. So, for me, imho, since I have no control over it, i can't stop it, i accept it and just refuse to let it upset me.

Every single reason that someone has had for booting someone falls into one of three categories:

Category 1. Actual valid reason.

If they have a valid reason, people will boot.

Hopefully, if they really are all uber and such, they will do this in a way that is not totally lame.

Category 2. The reason they have is not valid at all.

But, if they think it is valid, people will boot.

Hopefully, if they really are all uber and such, they will do this in a way that is not totally lame. But, probably not. So don't let it upset you.

Category 3. Not even a invalid reason, they are just trying to be jerks, thinking it is funny.

If they are jerks, they will boot.

I truely believe that this is rarely the case. This game is structured in a way so that most of the primo griefing ops are not possible. So, this is one of the only things they can hold onto to try to be funny. It is a miniscule percentage of people so not worth getting upset at.

But in all three categories, if people want to boot, they are going to. If you allow yourself to get upset then you are hurting yourself not them.

But that doesn't mean, that they shouldn't stop. Hopefully, when people read this thread and others, they might be motivated to improve their game play a bit or help those that don't read the forums that much improve their game play.

When I and others say "don't let it upset you", we are not saying you are not right, you are right. It is just that not a whole lot can be done about it, so you may as well, for your own piece of mind, not let it upset you and move on. But, yeah, your are right in your op, I wish it wasn't that way.

Have fun.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 11-13-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I had an idea a while back, I'm not sure if the devs were looking at it or not:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ements-to-boot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Your "rude" does not mean somebody else thinks it's rude. Different cultures have different ideas of normal acceptable/rude behavior, and PL/SL are very multi-national games. I used to get worked up about it, then I realized...it's just a game and if I am getting POd because I think someone is "rude" for booting me from a game, I need to "Lighten up, Francis". So lighten up, Francis.
    I didn't mean to offend you. I was just giving my opinion. I don't think I get worked up about it, I just think it's rude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I'm quite used to it by now, from the logical reasons, rude reasons, or even those that u have no clue what it means

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patsoe:481279
    I had an idea a while back, I'm not sure if the devs were looking at it or not:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ements-to-boot
    I like your idea a lot. Maybe a couple more choices in phrases. Your suggestions are very nice. This kind of thing really might help.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

It is annoying sometimes.