Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What I've witnessed

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Default What I've witnessed

I've been playing this game for years... I've seen alot, but recently I'm so confused about what i see i don't know what to think.

Developers seem to want to keep the game alive, and give updates. But all the updates are becoming more and more plat based updates. Platinum is a good thing, we want the community spending lots of it, it keeps the game up and running. But recently it's a fine line to walk about what players to keep "content" and buying platinum.

On one hand, we have a handful of players that spend a ton of platinum, then a ton of players that spend a handful of platinum.

Unfortunately it seems the handful of players that spend a ton of platinum, want to use that advantage to control the market of a ton of people that spend a handful of platinum. So what happens if a ton of players that spend a handful of platinum leave because they don't see it as fair, will the handful of players that spend a ton of platinum even stick around after their isn't a market to control?

Seeing how I've had yet another set changed, for the 3rd time, (magor, intex) nearly right after i paid for it, and didn't even get use of my purchase, i definitely won't be buying anymore platinum for the foreseeable future, and the company has gotten way over $1k USD from me so that's a pretty good paying customers lost.

Now i get to see some of the most toxic people in pl control the market on these vanities? I highly suggest watching the trades of these players, to make sure they are not trying to sell these items on the blackmarket, it's kinda what a couple of them are known for.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

To be honest, I see lots of players running around in this game. More players at the town area. New faces and old faces. Game is generating revenue. What they are doing is actually working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    I've been playing this game for years... I've seen alot, but recently I'm so confused about what i see i don't know what to think.

Developers seem to want to keep the game alive, and give updates. But all the updates are becoming more and more plat based updates. Platinum is a good thing, we want the community spending lots of it, it keeps the game up and running. But recently it's a fine line to walk about what players to keep "content" and buying platinum.

On one hand, we have a handful of players that spend a ton of platinum, then a ton of players that spend a handful of platinum.

Unfortunately it seems the handful of players that spend a ton of platinum, want to use that advantage to control the market of a ton of people that spend a handful of platinum. So what happens if a ton of players that spend a handful of platinum leave because they don't see it as fair, will the handful of players that spend a ton of platinum even stick around after their isn't a market to control?

Seeing how I've had yet another set changed, for the 3rd time, (magor, intex) nearly right after i paid for it, and didn't even get use of my purchase, i definitely won't be buying anymore platinum for the foreseeable future, and the company has gotten way over $1k USD from me so that's a pretty good paying customers lost.

Now i get to see some of the most toxic people in pl control the market on these vanities? I highly suggest watching the trades of these players, to make sure they are not trying to sell these items on the blackmarket, it's kinda what a couple of them are known for.

Love it you said that perfect cause it is true pl has gotten worse. I'm a plat spender but not anymore how the game has turned out

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I've never been a huuuuuge plat spender but i buy a bunch of plat here and there.
    Completely agree with you on this one... They are working extremely hard...but it's wayy too plat driven at this point (I didn't really care earlier, now i definitely care about it.. but a lot of my friends quit because they were not able to keep up with the plat required to progress/win/use in events ;-

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I have no idea how to add a picture in this signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

This is not constructive criticism rather opposite, constructive criticism is the thing that can help you favorite game. Without making it long (I need to farm gold lel & finally my ping arrived :P), when it comes to basic set (L105 elite set) everyone should have that, the game should be like this, either you spent plats or not, you can gather your set somehow (farming /merching etc) although it's not flawless but there are constructive criticism for that which can help.

When it comes to pure cosmetic, that's the place it always meant to be premium otherwise, how game can generate money? there're ways and there are flaws as well, again I'm short of time. What I'm saying, be possitive and suggest things which can be considered in future rather than this negativity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I also buy plat every now and then. But not only did 27 people try to keep it rare which im all about. But its being kept too rare 500 plat for white dragon shield? 1100 Plat to craft the whole blue angel set? No thanks. If it was like 50-100 plat per item thats more reasonable to help keep it in the game but thats just insane.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Yes the game has become more plat based ever since the beginning of last year.

I would like to see the game continue to be plat based in a certain way. I believe a reasonable model is one that provides individuals vanities for platinum, as I've stated in previous posts where I mentioned the 'Fortnite model', which sells skins, sprays, emotes, etc. for currency bought with $ in the game.

So in a similar way, I would like to see the game try to profit off of vanities rather than anything stat-related or item related as we saw earlier last year with items like Magor, etc. and in more recent times Pure Stat guns. The direction should be moving away from these items that players need in pve and pvp (stats that affect performance) and moving to making profit off of vanities... Something that no players need but rather want than vice versa.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 05-28-2018 at 12:28 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

at this moment PVE 105 needs reasonable map to farm boss without paying plat, at this moment its bad for farmers. i will be lowering my PL on time in near future if nothing is being done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exozer View Post
    at this moment PVE 105 needs reasonable map to farm boss without paying plat, at this moment its bad for farmers. i will be lowering my PL on time in near future if nothing is being done
    yea i miss playing in full parties vs 50-100 enemies and killing a boss for rare loot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Sadly, from what I've heard from so many, a ton of people who bought anywhere from a handful to a ton of plat on a regular basis are no longer purchasing plat as a result of dissatisfaction with the direction the game has gone (mostly related to the recent events), and out of these, many are no longer playing, either quitting permanently or taking breaks until the direction improves. This is very unfortunate. I do believe that an end to these flawed guild events and a return to old school community based events will fully resolve the concerns and frustrations of these players, as such events would be inclusive to the entire community and not a select few. Hopefully some changes can be made before it's too late. Don't like seeing friends and good players just disappear, they're what keep us all here and make this game so fun.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

People no matter what will continue to buy plats because they are hungry for rare vanities. Players love the rare vanity and improved designed. I believe Cinco hit the jackpot with the event and the new designed of the vanities. Even Draebatad utilizes the vanity even though he didn't earn it.

Will people stop using plat? I doubt it because Plat provides them an increase chance of receive these rare vanities.

With data(Plat purchase and usage) flowing in from the game and chat conversation being monitored, Cinco will have the best view on the direction of Pocket Legends.

Please do not plan to display players points during the event because that will bring CHAOS to the event.

I hope to see more of Reborn and PC joining forces again to compete.

Great job Cinco!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

I agree, hopefully Cinco will add to this cap instead of throwing out a new one. I'll be making a larger, more well-organized thread about this idea since this happened a lot in the last guild event:

Let's keep plat completely away from the actual two day guild competition. When we get our reward level, whether it be farmable gold or maybe a loot cave, that's when we have elixirs for plat that boost rewards. That way, we keep guild events clean and fair and plat buyers still get their bang for their buck.
    Last edited by Buchmeister; 05-30-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    I agree, hopefully Cinco will add to this cap instead of throwing out a new one. I'll be making a larger, more well-organized thread about this idea since this happened a lot in the last guild event:

Let's keep plat completely away from the actual two day guild competition. When we get our reward level, whether it be farmable gold or maybe a loot cave, that's when we have elixirs for plat that boost rewards. That way, we keep guild events clean and fair and plat buyers still get their bang for their buck.

Plat I am sure will play a small role in the upcoming events. It is probably the main reason we are receiving these events and nice vanities. Cinco works on the weekend. We know because he closes the negative threads. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Plat I am sure will play a small role in the upcoming events. It is probably the main reason we are receiving these events and nice vanities. Cinco works on the weekend. We know because he closes the negative threads. :P
    Yes but when a guild wins entirely with the help of outside resources then spikes the prices on the rewards that just ruins the fun for everybody.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You're totally right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Yes but when a guild wins entirely with the help of outside resources then spikes the prices on the rewards that just ruins the fun for everybody.
    I believe the new set vanity is around 20-25m. What was the value white set to begin with? 20-25m was the value of white set. I believe the set price is reasonable. Some players sold higher because that was the value they thought was right. Players value prices differently.

The price of the vanity set will rise and fall like the sun. Psycho rose and fall. I heard a player traded a black set for a Psyko pet. Just like the pysco pet, it’s just a pet that can’t be used on the new maps.

“Exclusive prizes make the Event compelling" - Cinco

If all players in the NBA receives a trophy, we will see basketball players walk on the courts.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 05-30-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

I believe the new set vanity is around 20-25m. What was the value white set to begin with? 20-25m was the value of white set. I believe the set price is reasonable. Some players sold higher because that was the value they thought was right. Players value prices differently.

The price of the vanity set will rise and fall like the sun. Psycho rose and fall. I heard a player traded a black set for a Psyko pet. Just like the pysco pet, it’s just a pet that can’t be used on the new maps.

If all players in the NBA receives a trophy, we will see basketball players walk on the courts.
    I'm not saying give trophies to all the players, I just don't want the ref to get paid off during the game.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Yes but first of all NBA players don't pay $$ to play the game, they get paid. So that's a terrible analogy, seeing as how we pay the developers and not the other way around.

I don't remember white drag ever being more than 10m...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yes but first of all NBA players don't pay $$ to play the game, they get paid. So that's a terrible analogy, seeing as how we pay the developers and not the other way around.

I don't remember white drag ever being more than 10m...

Players don’t pay for the fees because viewers like us are paying for it. Basketball is a good example because it points out that competition and prizes motivates players. If all basketball players receive the same prizes and pay, then we won’t see players try. Lebron basketball player will not try if the prize and pay at the end was the same as another player that doesn’t make it to the finals.

Yup, some sets were sold at that price. If we wait a few more months, the price of white sets will rise.

Yup, white set were sold for 20-25m at the beginning.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Players don’t pay for the fees because viewers like us are paying for it. Basketball is a good example because it points out that competition and prizes motivates players. If all basketball players receive the same prizes and pay, then we won’t see players try. Lebron basketball player will not try if the prize and pay at the end was the same as another player that doesn’t make it to the finals.

Yup, some sets were sold at that price. If we wait a few more months, the price of white sets will rise.

Yup, white set were sold for 20-25m at the beginning.
    Viewers don't pay NBA "fees"... and saying something doesn't make it true lol

NBA players are getting paid to do a job, therefore if they don't do said job, they don't earn as much. This is their career.

Pl is our free time... what we do for fun. WE pay to play the game. Now if we all pay to play the game, and a handful of players get together and ruin events for the community as a whole by keeping items to themselves and price gouging, it's going to have an impact on total platinum sales, because why keep paying if I'm excluded? This is simple cause and effect playing out...

Y'all enjoy your vanities when you're standing in towns and pvp maps alone

Last edited by Jilsponie; 05-31-2018 at 09:36 AM.