Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What I've witnessed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Here’s my thoughts...

A lot of people have been saying these guild events are won by simply spending platinum. While it helps to spend plat (and it should) it really didn’t affect the competition on the gigantic level people said it did.

First of all, everyone was able to farm the event portal for rare items. Even if your guild doesn’t win, you’ve got a chance at some really nice stuff.

Second, this event was more about time than platinum. I spent maybe 200 plat on the guild event and produced roughly 28,000 event mob kills. I am not sure how many gold skeletons/boss I killed but that equates to quite a large point total (rough estimate of 40k points). I played most of Friday and half of Saturday/Sunday to achieve this. Could’ve played more but had some previous engagements.

So I got about 40k points for PC without playing as much as I could. Event hunters got what? 520k points? They won because everyone else gave up on chasing them within the first 12 hours. There were definitely others who could’ve played more than me and help beat them but they’d given up. So kudos to Event Hunters for sticking it out and winning.

Now having said that, top 10 is a small number to count for a guild. I think a top 20-30 could’ve been better because some people who joined the event late had already decided they couldn’t contribute because top 10 was already too far ahead.

I also think throwing in some community-wide events between guild events would be nice as well.

All in all, the event wasn’t rigged to plat spenders. Event hunters were beatable. And they deserve to have the market of the vanities and it’s okay that not literally everyone has them.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baylakk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baylakk View Post
    Here’s my thoughts...

A lot of people have been saying these guild events are won by simply spending platinum. While it helps to spend plat (and it should) it really didn’t affect the competition on the gigantic level people said it did.

First of all, everyone was able to farm the event portal for rare items. Even if your guild doesn’t win, you’ve got a chance at some really nice stuff.

Second, this event was more about time than platinum. I spent maybe 200 plat on the guild event and produced roughly 28,000 event mob kills. I am not sure how many gold skeletons/boss I killed but that equates to quite a large point total (rough estimate of 40k points). I played most of Friday and half of Saturday/Sunday to achieve this. Could’ve played more but had some previous engagements.

So I got about 40k points for PC without playing as much as I could. Event hunters got what? 520k points? They won because everyone else gave up on chasing them within the first 12 hours. There were definitely others who could’ve played more than me and help beat them but they’d given up. So kudos to Event Hunters for sticking it out and winning.

Now having said that, top 10 is a small number to count for a guild. I think a top 20-30 could’ve been better because some people who joined the event late had already decided they couldn’t contribute because top 10 was already too far ahead.

I also think throwing in some community-wide events between guild events would be nice as well.

All in all, the event wasn’t rigged to plat spenders. Event hunters were beatable. And they deserve to have the market of the vanities and it’s okay that not literally everyone has them.

Top 10 might be a good spot. Event Hunters was considered 4th Largest Guild on the LeadersBoard. That gives you an idea of how the guilds are not distributed evenly.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 05-31-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Top 10 might be a good spot. Event Hunters was considered 4th Largest Guild on the LeadersBoard. That gives you an idea of how the guilds are not distributed evenly.
    Was it? I heard there were only 17 people in Event Hunters participating and most other capped people probably joined PC to try and stop them making the distribution off. Also, PC doubled in capped players size for the first Guild Event and it hasn’t dropped much even after everyone left which means a lot of these are just alts.

I just think it’s better to include at least more than a measly 10 people to count for the end goal.

Onebigsmurfmello

The Event was Fun
    Last edited by Onebigsmurfmello; 06-01-2018 at 09:09 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Onebigsmurfmello For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baylakk View Post
    Here’s my thoughts...

Except PC's top 10 didn't spend as much as Event Hunters. Like you said, you spend 200 plat and got 40k points. How much plat would one need to spend to get way more than that? It just comes down to plat and the event certainly didn't need the guilds to fight between who can throw their credit card harder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Except PC's top 10 didn't spend as much as Event Hunters. Like you said, you spend 200 plat and got 40k points. How much plat would one need to spend to get way more than that? It just comes down to plat and the event certainly didn't need the guilds to fight between who can throw their credit card harder.
    As I’ve said before, plat really didn’t make a difference. With plat I was getting 3k points an hour, and without I was getting 2.5k points an hour. The difference was so irrelevant I didn’t even use any plat for the last 2 days of the event, and neither did most of the rest of my guild. The difference between using plat or not is only 20%, and EH beat PC by about 40%, so even if EH used 0 plat and PC had all their top 10 using plat, we still would have won.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    As I’ve said before, plat really didn’t make a difference. With plat I was getting 3k points an hour, and without I was getting 2.5k points an hour. The difference was so irrelevant I didn’t even use any plat for the last 2 days of the event, and neither did most of the rest of my guild. The difference between using plat or not is only 20%, and EH beat PC by about 40%, so even if EH used 0 plat and PC had all their top 10 using plat, we still would have won.
    Yes but there's also no way of knowing how much each guild had. Judging by the massive lead I'd say EH still spent a ton of plat. In the end, it wouldn't hurt anybody if the point farming had nothing to do with plat, unless you're in EH and you want to keep it pay2win.

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

I look forward to Pocket Legends' continued survival... and the excitement of future Guild Events!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: