Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 5v5 CTF SUMMER BASH TOURNAMENT (Lv. 105)

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    Now that the full first round of ctf tourney is done, when do we get our participation awards?
    When the tournament is complete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

@Hook, 4/5 of my team has confirmed to play Wednesday night, still waiting on the last one. Sound good for you and your team?
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

yo goodluck to all the teams remaining i am going 2 donate something nice

i added you in game ghost on my bear

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GTS For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    @Hook, 4/5 of my team has confirmed to play Wednesday night, still waiting on the last one. Sound good for you and your team?
    I told my team to be on Wednesday @5pm EST, I also told some of your teammates that time so yeah ofc that’s cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Heads up, one of my teammates just told me they have work until 7pm est. are you guys able to play at that time or later tonight?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Is your entire team good for 7pm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    Now that the full first round of ctf tourney is done, when do we get our participation awards?
    lol...odd question to ask during this stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

@Xyzther

My team has agreed to play our match at 7pm EST over the previous agreement of 5pm EST. The match can be no later than 7pm EST though at this point for today because of plans that some of my teammates made weeks ago. We’re being as flexible as possible here, but match would have to start at 7pm EST no later tonight, unless you want to go back to the previous agreement of 5pm EST. Just let me know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Our 5th still hasn’t gotten back to us lol. One of our teammates leaves on Friday for a cruise, so if they don’t get to us by 7 I think you guys are getting free ride to next round

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Our 5th still hasn’t gotten back to us lol. One of our teammates leaves on Friday for a cruise, so if they don’t get to us by 7 I think you guys are getting free ride to next round
    Unfortunate if it does go down that way, but we will do whatever we can to play you guys! Can message me in game or anything to update me buddy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Our 5th ended up not showing up. Because this was the only day that would work for our team (one of our players is going on a cruise that doesn’t have WiFi unless he was willing to pay $200 lol), we have no choice but to forfeit the match. Sorry we couldn’t play you guys, Apex, I know it would’ve been a fun and competitive match that would’ve been a thrill for everyone. Hope to see you guys in the tourneys to come!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Our 5th ended up not showing up. Because this was the only day that would work for our team (one of our players is going on a cruise that doesn’t have WiFi unless he was willing to pay $200 lol), we have no choice but to forfeit the match. Sorry we couldn’t play you guys, Apex, I know it would’ve been a fun and competitive match that would’ve been a thrill for everyone. Hope to see you guys in the tourneys to come!
    Unfortunate, thank you for your time and good luck in future tournaments!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Unfortunate you guys won't be able to compete

With that then, team Apex will advance due to DQ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Will,

I’m not confident that we will get this match in by the deadline. Two of their players have very difficult time zones to work around. I’ve suggested a couple, for example, Sunday 10 p.m., but that is 5 a.m. and 4 a.m. for two of them. Friday/Saturday seems to be off limits as people have plans. This one is more difficult than the last, not sure what we can do here. I’d also like to add that if it comes down to it, I don’t think our team should be penalized as we are within a maximum time window of atleast three hours between eachother making it easier for players to schedule future matches in this tournament.
    Last edited by Nihiliste; 07-19-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
    Will,

I’m not confident that we will get this match in by the deadline. Two of their players have very difficult time zones to work around. I’ve suggested a couple, for example, Sunday 10 p.m., but that is 5 a.m. and 4 a.m. for two of them. Friday/Saturday seems to be off limits as people have plans. This one is more difficult than the last, not sure what we can do here. I’d also like to add that if it comes down to it, I don’t think our team should be penalized as we are within a maximum time window of atleast three hours between eachother making it easier for players to schedule future matches in this tournament.
    Would more time allotted be useful at all for you? Is there any possibility you guys could get the match in post-deadline?

Also -- Thank you for letting me know and putting in the effort to figure out the time discrepancies, I really do appreciate it. I honestly wasn't expecting this to be that much of an issue, but I think future tournaments (like this) will require that teams tell me their time zones ahead of registration. Most definitely a learning experience.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 07-20-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Would more time allotted be useful at all for you? Is there any possibility you guys could get the match in post-deadline?

Also -- Thank you for letting me know and putting in the effort to figure out the time discrepancies, I really do appreciate it. I honestly wasn't expecting this to be that much of an issue, but I think future tournaments (like this) will require that teams tell me their time zones ahead of registration. Most definitely a learning experience.
    I would say yes to more time, but their team is best available on weekends and next weekend I am unavailable Friday/Saturday. That would leave us only Sunday and I don’t think everyone would make it. I’d have to ask. I spoke with the leader of Betrayed and he said in message that he would be willing to let us move on to the next round if we can’t get the match going, but we’re currently seeing if we can play tonight. If not, the match will not be happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hello Ghost,

Holyfuryzzz, (Reborn team captain.)

This message is to address the current issue with settling on a match time with team Family. The issue is that our time zones differ greatly and we can not settle on a time that works for both teams. Team Reborn players are all within the states and can pvp in the evenings; however, what may be 8pm Central time in the states may be 4am for a player in another country. This is a cited example from a discussion with Family team captain Wreckor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I think adding a bit more time to the deadline would be greatly appreciated by the teams that still have to get in their matches.

However, with that said, I would also like to add that if this happens, then the next deadline should be the final one. Both teams need to coordinate with one another and sometimes a mediator is needed in order to best schedule matches (example: Walie and Lonebrute's game couldn't work out a time until a middle person stepped in). I suggest listing a set of times and seeing which time works best for the majority of players. There are going to have to be some compromises from some people, otherwise games will need to be agreed to be played 4v4 or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Holyfuryzz View Post
    Hello Ghost,

Holyfuryzzz, (Reborn team captain.)

This message is to address the current issue with settling on a match time with team Family. The issue is that our time zones differ greatly and we can not settle on a time that works for both teams. Team Reborn players are all within the states and can pvp in the evenings; however, what may be 8pm Central time in the states may be 4am for a player in another country. This is a cited example from a discussion with Family team captain Wreckor.
    Attaching the screen shot as per holy's request.

Name:  Screenshot_20180720-163346.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  61.8 KB

So you're saying the teams are north America vs Asia time zones, mostly? That's painful sounding and imbalanced. Teams should ideally be assigned based on compatible regions and time zones. Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I have tried to organised a more fair time for the ctf match for every player. When first approached I posted time zones of my entire team for holyfury to see.

Holy saw this and still suggested to have the match at 8pm central time which results in having two of my team mates play at 3am

USA central - 8pm

Family
    Wreckor - 9am
    Lag - 9pm
    Chaotikz - 3am
    Blo - 6pm
    Zoro - 3am

I felt this very unsportsmanlike requesting two of my team mates play at 3am.

Then holyfury suggested a time of 10pm central, which would be 11pm on the east coast and 8pm on the west coast

USA central - 10pm

Family
    Wreckor - 11am
    Lag - 11pm
    Chaotikz - 5am
    Blo - 8pm
    Zoro - 5am

But again it will be forcing two of my team mates to play at 5am for them. Which is still un fair.

I have now suggested a new time of 10am saturday central time.

USA central - 10am Saturday 21 july

Family
    Wreckor - 11pm
    Lag - 11am
    Chaotikz - 5pm
    Blo - 8am
    Zoro - 5pm

And I am still waiting a response.

Name:  Screenshot_20180721-053157.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  87.7 KB

I felt this was very unsportsmanlike requesting two of my team mates play at 3am

Name:  Screenshot_20180721-062113.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  110.5 KB

"But again it will be forcing two of my team mates to play at 5am for them ..."
    Last edited by bglir; 07-20-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Git – Ssneakykills