Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 5v5 CTF SUMMER BASH TOURNAMENT (Lv. 105)

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Hey everyone,

First off, I want to apologize to everyone. It is ultimately my responsibility to keep the tournament clean, to facilitate as much fun and healthy competition as possible, and I have utterly failed to do that. When I made the decision that any of the current teams could schedule a match with one another, it perhaps was out of a lot of frustration, but mostly it was out of a strong ambition to let everyone have a go at the participation shields. The tournament would not have been possible had there have not been an opportunity for a participation shield for everyone to earn.

It was important to me that everyone play at least one match to earn their participation shield. Taking that away from players who have put in a tremendous amount of time was incredibly disheartening to me. But I knew that granting shields to participants even for being disqualified would result in even more controversy – I really had no desire to perpetuate more arguments, more toxicity; however, that has already surfaced on the forums, on both sides of the argument (including myself). Hence, my premature decision to let the current teams schedule matches with anyone was one of frustration, and the constant pressure to speed the tournament up (in the sense that, I wasn't going to wait another week just to hear everyone's input). There were many external forces and circumstances, and above anything else, I really was just trying my best to balance it all.

But as I said, I failed with that.

Here is what I'm going to propose:

Matches are going to continue through the original bracket. That is, Family will play Reborn, and Betrayed will play Restoration II. All teams, however, will receive a participation shield even if they are disqualified. I believe this will restore some peace and harmony to the controversy that has surfaced. Additionally, to keep the spirit of competition maintained, a first place prize shield will be given to the winning team, in addition to the participation shield.

To the teams that have tricky timezones (and I will be sending you individual PMs to express this in more detail), I am really sorry for all of this. You guys are all important to me, and I realize there will be some angry players, and I fully deserve any resentment that's thrown at me. It's really important to me that, after all the time you have invested into this, that you are awarded with participation shields, irrespective of being disqualified. Believe me, I care about everyone here – that's what keeps PL thriving for me. But I'm going to really motivate and push you guys to get those matches in. There is still time!

To reiterate once more, I'm sorry to everyone for all the controversy. I don't think I am really fit to host tournaments after the way I handled this one. A lot of pent up frustration mixed with an overwhelming amount of coarse, uncivilized commentary did get the best of me. At the end of the day, the most important thing to me is the way we treat is each other.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 07-24-2018 at 09:29 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Hey everyone,

First off, I want to apologize to everyone. It is ultimately my responsibility to keep the tournament clean, to facilitate as much fun and healthy competition as possible, and I have utterly failed to do that. When I made the decision that any of the current teams could schedule a match with one another, it perhaps was out of a lot of frustration, but mostly it was out of a strong ambition to let everyone have a go at the participation shields. The tournament would not have been possible had there have not been an opportunity for a participation shield for everyone to earn.

It was important to me that everyone play at least one match to earn their participation shield. Taking that away from players who have put in a tremendous amount of time was incredibly disheartening to me. But I knew that granting shields to participants even for being disqualified would result in even more controversy – I really had no desire to perpetuate more arguments, more toxicity; however, that has already surfaced on the forums, on both sides of the argument (including myself). Hence, my premature decision to let the current teams schedule matches with anyone was one of frustration, and the constant pressure to speed the tournament up (in the sense that, I wasn't going to wait another week just let hear everyone's input). There were many external forces and circumstances, and above anything else, I really was just trying my best to balance it all.

Matches are going to continue through the original bracket. That is, Family will play Reborn, and Betrayed will play Restoration II. All teams, however, will receive a participation shield even if they are disqualified. I believe this will restore some peace and harmony to the controversy that has surfaced. Additionally, to keep the spirit of competition maintained, a first place prize shield will be given to the winning team, in addition to the participation shield.

To the teams that have tricky timezones (and I will be sending you individual PMs to express this in more detail), I am really sorry for all of this. You guys are all important to me, and I realize there will be some angry players, and I fully deserve any resentment that's thrown at me. It's really important to me that, after all the time you have invested into this, that you are awarded with participation shields, irrespective of being disqualified. Believe me, I care about everyone here – that's what keeps PL thriving for me. But I'm going to really motivate and push you guys to get those matches in. There is still time!

To reiterate once more, I'm sorry to everyone for all the controversy. I don't think I am really fit to host tournaments after the way I handled this one. A lot of pent up frustration mixed with an overwhelming amount of coarse, uncivilized commentary did get the best of me. At the end of the day, the most important thing to me is the way we treat is each other.
    Well said, and I do not mind players that get disqualified getting participation shields, that’s why many signed up for this particular tournament. I feel like people who even put time and got a team together can get a participation shield without an issue, and keep the original bracket. This is a good way to stop all the commotion. Well done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Hey everyone,

It was important to me that everyone play at least one match to earn their participation shield. Taking that away from players who have put in a tremendous amount of time was incredibly disheartening to me. But I knew that granting shields to participants even for being disqualified would result in even more controversy – I really had no desire to perpetuate more arguments, more toxicity; however, that has already surfaced on the forums, on both sides of the argument (including myself). Hence, my premature decision to let the current teams schedule matches with anyone was one of frustration, and the constant pressure to speed the tournament up (in the sense that, I wasn't going to wait another week just let hear everyone's input). There were many external forces and circumstances, and above anything else, I really was just trying my best to balance it all.

I understand frustration but it is nice to see that all teams that entered into the tourney will be recieving participation shields. Its great to see that the matches will resort to the original matches that was supposed to be played.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hey everyone,

The frustration is clear and understood.. with wholehearted empathy in inconvenient circumstance, I do thank you. I know that it's not easy being at the top of it all and meeting the requests of the people. Thank you for allowing the brackets to remain in their original structure. We will try our hardest to get our match in with team Family and continue healthy and fun competition in game. Once again, a big thank you; sorry for the in game inconveniences and circumstances that stem from competition and scheduling!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Holyfuryzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Ghost - don't be hard on yourself - this 5v5 tourney is very challenging and your goals are honorable. I want to make it clear that your love, time and effort to organize fun pvp events are fully appreciated! It is a lot of work, and it is not easy. I think your proposal to keep the team assignments the same and to offer everyone participation shields is very fair and caring. I will reply more fully shortly. Thank you so much for hosting.

Edit: Everyone be sure to thank Ghost's reply if you've got any thanks left! <3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You sir, just utterly earned my respect. I’m astonished tbh . I thank you for taking your time to read concerns and go with the best possible solution following tournament rules. Hell yeah much love.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Another tough but fair decision.

I do hope this tournament hosting experience does not deter you from continuing to be as passionate about the game.

The PL community needs more helpful, positive, role models such as yourself willing to organise competition's like this.

All the pvp tournaments, have revived pvp for those levels coordinated. During the guild pvp event, many where using the arena of honor.

I'm thankful the comments are now more peaceful and loving. Every one has a right to an opinion, but there are other ways to express your concerns when you don't agree on matters.

I hope these positive comments will continue to flood this thread and it is all about the love of the game and pvp/ctf and just having a fun time.
    Last edited by Fwend; 07-24-2018 at 10:02 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Shout out to team family. Team reborn is looking to schedule their match with you all. Please feel free to contact any of our team members to discuss an agreeable match date and time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

After discussion with team family, we all are willing to play at 7h pm friday 27th july central day light time (sts) time

It will mean two of our members have to play at 2am and another has to play at 5pm during his work hours.

But that is agreed on considering.

Reborn are not avaiable during the day times on weekends
    Last edited by nenany; 07-25-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Team Family,

All five Reborn team members have agreed to a 7pm central time (sts time) match on Friday July 27th. We look forward to our match with you guys. Best of luck! See you all then.

Kind regards, Holyfuryzzz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Holyfuryzz View Post
    Team Family,

All five Reborn team members have agreed to a 7pm central time (sts time) match on Friday July 27th. We look forward to our match with you guys. Best of luck! See you all then.

Kind regards, Holyfuryzzz
    That's awesome, I'm stoked you guys might be able to get this in. Good luck to both teams!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

That's awesome, I'm stoked you guys might be able to get this in. Good luck to both teams!
    Yeah!

Definitely want to see Restoration II and Betrayed get their match in, too. You guys need any help scheduling? If any of us can assist in any way, then please let us know, we will try to help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Resto II and Betrayed don't look like they're getting their match in by Sunday as of right now unless some miracle happens between now and then.

It's probably going to come down to a disqualification unfortunately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Congratulations to team Reborn for another win!

Name:  20180727_173008.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  76.6 KB

Name:  20180727_173058.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  72.9 KB

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Congratulations to team Reborn for another win!

Name:  20180727_173008.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  76.6 KB

Name:  20180727_173058.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  72.9 KB
    Great game guys!! A well played and fun match, good game team Family!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Looks like a fun game, really glad you guys were able to get it in!

Reborn advances

21. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

From reading yalls previous posts holy, I seen that y’all are free on weekend days after 8pm. That should be no problem for us , infact we could do the match tonight after 8pm if y’all are comfortable with that. I’ll see if my guys are down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Shout out Reborn

Team Apex is available to do our semi-finals match if everyone on your team is available from 8-9pm EST tonight we can start. I have your team captain on my friends list already so since you guys are available after 8pm on weekends, this should be no problem.

@Holyfuryzz - Be sure to let me know either in game when I’m online, or here on the forums if this is okay for your team!

-Hook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

[QUOTE=Absolize;2851616]Shout out Reborn

Team Apex is available to do our semi-finals match if everyone on your team is available from 8-9pm EST tonight we can start. I have your team captain on my friends list already so since you guys are available after 8pm on weekends, this should be no problem.

@Holyfuryzz - Be sure to let me know either in game when I’m online, or here on the forums if this is okay for your team!

-Hook[
    We currently cannot have our match till next week. One of our players will be on vacation till the 5th. After that, we will be more then happy discuss getting our match in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    We currently cannot have our match till next week on Sunday or Monday night. One of our players will be on vacation till the 5th. After that, we will be more then happy to get our match in.
    Next Sunday may be the deadline I’m not sure.