Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 5v5 CTF SUMMER BASH TOURNAMENT (Lv. 105)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The big deal is illegitimately changing rules mid tournament and altering a tournament bracket lmfao. Which has never been done. In any game in history. And no team is agreeing to it other than restoration 2, and family , which has 3 active players rn on the team with one of the players actually being a member of restoration. Chao.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamxmayhem View Post
    The big deal is illegitimately changing rules mid tournament and altering a tournament bracket lmfao. Which has never been done. In any game in history. And no team is agreeing to it other than restoration 2, and family , which has 3 active players rn on the team with one of the players actually being a member of restoration. Chao.
    3 teams agreed to it actaully. Betrayed, resto II, and family agreed and i do not care who we vs in the semis and i do not care if we move on from winning a game or the other team being DQed i just want this tournament to finish up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Does someone need a sub?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quickest way to end this tournament is by sticking to the initial rules . Allowing a team to play anyone . And then decide them selves who to play next is just obsurd . But whatever . I’m done commenting on the situation.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

And technically . Family and betrayed haven’t played their first match yet . So they can take a sub for any player as stated in the rules originally designed by ghost (the host) him self.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

You should definitely leave the team assignments unchanged. Let the teams try their best to get their matches in. Do what you gotta do per the rules you and your teams all agreed to prior to the commencement of this tourney.

If however, the assignments are suddenly changed without unanimous approval by the remaining players, then my vote is to see no first prize tourney shields issues to the winning team. Instead, all qualifying players should receive exactly the same little participation prize.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

As team captain, trying to schedule with team Family has been very difficult.

However, these alterations and sudden changes don't seem to sit well for most including myself..

I still firmly believe that team Family should try it's best to work with us with the 8pm-2am central time. This is a 6 hour window of play time.. of which, if they were to comply with 2am Central being the time. It would be 3am for those who are from the east coast on our team. We would still be staying up and losing sleep to get the match in... We are willingly showing sportsmanship and respect.. but they have to work with us too... Team Family hasn't had their first match yet.. they should be eager to make the sacrifice and get their game in.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holyfuryzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    You should definitely leave the team assignments unchanged. Let the teams try their best to get their matches in. Do what you gotta do per the rules you and your teams all agreed to prior to the commencement of this tourney.

If however, the assignments are suddenly changed without unanimous approval by the remaining players, then my vote is to see no first prize tourney shields issues to the winning team. Instead, all qualifying players should receive exactly the same little participation prize.
    If rules are changed mid tourney, then no first prize items should be given out. If EVERYONE doesnt agree ti the rule change, then it shouldnt be changed. This is causing to much stir because rules were set in place and now are being changed.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ghost stated in one of his comments that his proposal is final that he’s using host ability to do so? Host is a host . Didn’t realize a host could force a rule change mid tournament ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Ghost stated in one of his comments that his proposal is final that he’s using host ability to do so? Host is a host . Didn’t realize a host could force a rule change mid tournament ..
    Exactly why I an saying thats abuse of power. If hes gonna force a rule change without agreement fromALL REMAINING TEAMS, then no first place prizes should be given out.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

And as I stated what’s stopping betrayed and family from subbing a player ? The players that aren’t willing to sacrifice and play at only 2 am.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Bump. Definitely agree to this , if the rules and the bracket are altered.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Bump. Definitely agree to this , if the rules and the bracket are altered.
    I agree to removing the prize shield for the first place winner. The intentions were for everyone to just play some CTF games. Since prizes are the root of all drama here, this seems clear to me.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 07-23-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

What rule# says the bracket can't be changed to accommodate match scheduling? #1 says lack of sportsmanship can result in a DQ...

Regardless of the bracket, the best team will win. Saying the winning team shouldn't get their reward just doesn't make sense. The same teams need to be beaten for a winner to emerge regardless of the order of the matches. This is definitely an unsportsmanlike attitude.

Sorry I know I'm not in the tournament, but I can't help myself when people continue to make false statements as if they were facts... Not a single rule in the op says anything about matches not changing, but sooooo many keep saying it does. Yes typically in a tournament brackets are locked in. But typically in tournaments you don't have people from all​ over the world competing.

Good luck to all the remaining teams​!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I agree to removing the prize shield for the first place winner. The intentions were for everyone to just play some CTF games. Since prizes are the root of all drama here, this seems clear to me.
    Yes, the winner gets a prize that no one else gets. Changing the rules and altering brackets could effect the outcome. Thus if we are changing brackets mid tourney, no first prize should be given.

Though participation shields should still be given out to everyone who played atleast 1 match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Yes, the winner gets a prize that no one else gets. Changing the rules and altering brackets could effect the outcome. Thus if we are changing brackets mid tourney, no first prize should be given.

Though participation shields should still be given out to everyone who played atleast 1 match.
    Yep, that's the plan.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Stating opinions is poor sportsmenship lol? that makes sense. And the arguement isn’t changing the brackets so that a match can happen. It’s changing the bracket and ALLOWING the winners of both games to choose who they play next . I’m all down for time extensions and pairing the 4 teams separately. But allowing a team to choose who they play next isn’t legit .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Yep, that's the plan.
    The only request is that Cinco confirms no first place prizes will be given out due to changing of brackets mid tourney.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    The only request is that Cinco confirms no first place prizes will be given out due to changing of brackets mid tourney.
    Alright, I'll reach out to him later

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Smh, the salt. Rose made a good point. No matter what Ghost does to get the tournament going, people will form opinions and think it’s “rigged.” Truthfully, I think some of the teams who don’t support the switch, disagree because their chances of winning would decrease depending on what teams faced eachother. If you really are the best team in this tournament then you will win it no matter what team you face. This tournament is definitely going to be one to learn from and future tournaments have to be redesigned around time zones for sure. Thank you Ghost for always being a great host and doing your best to get the tournament going, regardless of what people think.
    Last edited by Nihiliste; 07-23-2018 at 06:57 PM.