Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 5v5 CTF SUMMER BASH TOURNAMENT (Lv. 105)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Would more time allotted be useful at all for you? Is there any possibility you guys could get the match in post-deadline?

Also -- Thank you for letting me know and putting in the effort to figure out the time discrepancies, I really do appreciate it. I honestly wasn't expecting this to be that much of an issue, but I think future tournaments (like this) will require that teams tell me their time zones ahead of registration. Most definitely a learning experience.
    I personally dont think a time extension would work, with how significant the time differences are we could be given a month and still be unable to play our match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

If the host had matched teams by geographical regions or if the team captains all carefully chose team members located only in their regions to begin with, this disparity of time zones, being half a world away, wouldn't be an issue. When you're dealing with large teams and in this case ten total players per match, the challenge of western vs eastern hemisphere becomes even more challenging and inconvenient. Hope you all figure out a time that will work. There's certainly no lack of trying between these two teams from the many screen shots that I've seen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bglir View Post
    I have tried to organised a more fair time for the ctf match for every player. When first approached I posted time zones of my entire team for holyfury to see.

Holy saw this and still suggested to have the match at 8pm central time which results in having two of my team mates play at 3am

USA central - 8pm

Family
    Wreckor - 9am
    Lag - 9pm
    Chaotikz - 3am
    Blo - 6pm
    Zoro - 3am

I felt this very unsportsmanlike requesting two of my team mates play at 3am.

Then holyfury suggested a time of 10pm central, which would be 11pm on the east coast and 8pm on the west coast

USA central - 10pm

Family
    Wreckor - 11am
    Lag - 11pm
    Chaotikz - 5am
    Blo - 8pm
    Zoro - 5am

But again it will be forcing two of my team mates to play at 5am for them. Which is still un fair.

I have now suggested a new time of 10am saturday central time.

USA central - 10am Saturday 21 july

Family
    Wreckor - 11pm
    Lag - 11am
    Chaotikz - 5pm
    Blo - 8am
    Zoro - 5pm

And I am still waiting a response.

Attachment 169640

I felt this was very unsportsmanlike requesting two of my team mates play at 3am

Attachment 169641

"But again it will be forcing two of my team mates to play at 5am for them ..."

2 of our players have work at 8am and 10am on saturday and sunday. Our players only have a 3hr difference in time zones between us but your whole team has 3 different time zones, 2 of which are significantly large. Not saying you guys arent trying to work with us, its just hard with so many different time zones.

@ghost in the future for tourneys, can you please advise teams to pick teamates that work with their own timezone so as to prevent issues like.this? Its difficult to work around 4 or 5 different timzones that are substantially different.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Unfortunately, pairing up teams by geographical regions doesn't solve all problems. The format of the tournament, itself, would have to be redesigned (i.e. we couldn't do a bracket system anymore).

In the meantime, I'm going to extend the deadline of the tournament through next Sunday. @Xyzther – This means if you guys can get your match in by then, then your DQ is revoked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Unfortunately, pairing up teams by geographical regions doesn't solve all problems. The format of the tournament, itself, would have to be redesigned (i.e. we couldn't do a bracket system anymore).

In the meantime, I'm going to extend the deadline of the tournament through next Sunday. @Xyzther – This means if you guys can get your match in by then, then your DQ is revoked.
    So apex doesnt move forward? Xyxtherz team has to play before next weeks deadline?

Thought you determined xyther's team was DQ due to not getting their match in. Now they're un-disqualified?
    Last edited by Mine AGK; 07-20-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    So apex doesnt move forward? Xyxtherz team has to play before next weeks deadline?
    Correct, it would be unfair of me to not give their team more time in addition to the rest of the teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post

Thought you determined xyther's team was DQ due to not getting their match in. Now they're un-disqualified?
    Well originally he had given us the DQ a because I asked him to since we probably wouldn’t have been able to get in a match by the deadline he had first given us. I guess he’s removing it now since there’s a later deadline which would give us more time to figure out a match. Regardless of the new deadline, I don’t believe our team will still play because I think one of our members will still be on a cruise, and I had just recently found out the reason our 5th wasn’t responding to us was because they are currently in the hospital for undisclosed reasons. In a million years I would never push for them to get on so we can just get a virtual pvp match in, and my prayers go to them so they may get better. Long story short, I’m 99% sure we will still get the DQ as we won’t be able to play even by the new deadline and I don’t want Will to push it even further than he has already just done.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I hope we make this clear, my team who has players from different time regions got one week in advance to set up a match. Ok not saying this is unfair and I know it got extended another week. But c’mon, 1 week in advance isn’t much tbh. But thanks for at least making a just decision as oppose to the other teams who got plenty of weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Ghost,

I have replied to Wreckor through forum PM. Perhaps the message did not send. But I made it clear to Wreckor that 10am central time does not work for our team.

It is not unsportsmanlike, or a show of poor sportsmaship for me to request a time that works for my entire team. I'm simply trying to come to an accord. However, it isn't our fault that their team is composed of players with multiple time zones..

I believe that it would be fair if team Family made their best efforts to play at an 8pm-12am US Central time considering all Five Reborn team members would be ready during those hours.

Please take this into consideration. Team Reborn had to make comprimises and work around scheduling details during Round 1 vs team Restoration iV.. Team Family is yet to walk this path.

It is not unsportsmanlike, it is circumstance and reasoning. I have spoken to Wreckor in game and he told me he still has to make more calculations.

Thank you,
    Holyfuryzzz

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holyfuryzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

As team captain of Family, I have attempted to be flexible and understanding as possible with scheduling for this match.

The nature of my diverse team and time zones does make it difficult. Suggesting to have the match on a weekend during the morning is the most ideal time for everyone in the ctf teams. It does not force anyone to stay up past 12am nor does it force anyone to wake up before 4am.

Unfortunately Reborn have members who can not participate during the morning on a weekend for them.

I feel it is highly unfair for Reborn to give an open window of time limited to their night times only. This does force my team members to play at times not suited for them, one to stay up till 12am an others to wake up at 5am.

That being said and done, team Family will try to compromise for a time that suits both teams at our expense.

Git – Ssneakykills

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bglir For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bglir View Post
    As team captain of Family, I have attempted to be flexible and understanding as possible with scheduling for this match.

The nature of my diverse team and time zones does make it difficult. Suggesting to have the match on a weekend during the morning is the most ideal time for everyone in the ctf teams. It does not force anyone to stay up past 12am nor does it force anyone to wake up before 4am.

Unfortunately Reborn have members who can not participate during the morning on a weekend for them.

I feel it is highly unfair for Reborn to give an open window of time limited to their night times only. This does force my team members to play at times not suited for them, one to stay up till 12am an others to wake up at 5am.

That being said and done, team Family will try to compromise for a time that suits both teams at our expense.
    Sorry your team lives in every time zone in the world. But we have a flexible time schedule (nights) that everybody can play. There is nothing else we can do to help your times. Those few players on your team are going to have to make the sacrifice. Not our whole team. This being said our team is available from almost 8pm-2am est. Which is more then a large range.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by plpr; 07-21-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I apologize guys, I'm currently out for the weekend and will respond with a more detailed post tomorrow -- you guys are not the only ones who are having difficulties scheduling matches. I have some thoughts/ideas. But rest assured, I do not plan on disqualifying anyone in the meantime (that defeats the whole purpose of this tournament).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

A possible idea –

Disqualifying more than 2 games is really not what I want. What if we altered the bracket so that Restoration II plays Reborn and Family plays Betrayed? Based on the time zones I've seen, I feel as though that could potentially work.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

A possible idea –

Disqualifying more than 2 games is really not what I want. What if we altered the bracket so that Restoration II plays Reborn and Family plays Betrayed? Based on the time zones I've seen, I feel as though that could potentially work.
    This would be great.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Soooo the brackets are going to be altered ? Lol. How about just extend the time. Toying with the bracket doesn’t make any sense .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Altering the bracket at this point of the tournament would not be a good idea, sticking to the random bracket that we all know is the fair way to go, I understand that some teams have difficulty getting matches in but to be honest this is what we all signed up for. Everyone had plenty of time to make something happen so if nothing does happen, the show must go on in my opinion, and we shouldn’t change up the tournament this far in.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

So you’re going to alter the brackets , which is technically against your rules, for the sake of not having to disqualify a team, that also in the rules is stated that matches are to be played within the deadline given etc. for the fairness of the tournament and for the sake of not looking like it’s being rigged. Should probably leave the bracket alone and advance the teams that aren’t disqualified.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Werent you guys the ones who were mad about teams getting a bye??? Now you guys dont want the bracket altered which woukd result in 2 teams moving on due to a DQ. What is the problem exactly in this being altered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    Werent you guys the ones who were mad about teams getting a bye??? Now you guys dont want the bracket altered which woukd result in 2 teams moving on due to a DQ. What is the problem exactly in this being altered
    No, no one complained about teams getting a bye because it was expected for the uneven amount of teams. And the simple fact is we’re too far into this tournament to alter things. The problem is, everyone had a fair amount of time to get matches in, everyone read the rules and agreed to them by signing up for said tournament. It’s not our fault that teams couldn’t get their matches in, in time. Toying with the bracket at this point would be unfair in my personal opinion.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Neither one of us have complained about any team being disqualified . It’s clearly stated in the rules. And you won’t be the team to be DQ’d , so why are you even commenting on what I said. Brackets are brackets and rules are rules. Altering any bracket this far into a tournament is biased and suspicious of rigging. And the team we were gonna face actually wasn’t disqualified. They FORFEITED. So altering the brackets doesn’t stop them from being DQ’d. It was a forfeit.
    Last edited by Iamxmayhem; 07-22-2018 at 08:17 PM.