Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 5v5 CTF SUMMER BASH TOURNAMENT (Lv. 105)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Ghost,

Not sure if you have this information yet, but are we going to know soon of the deadline for the first round?

Thanks in advance.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Deadline for the first match will be next Sunday (7/15). Meaning, you have all of Sunday to play your match (no specific time through Sunday). Unless teams have a concrete date already set for after 7/15, I will go ahead and do DQ’s based off of a very subjective personal-analysis of which teams haven’t been communicating or trying as much. A lot of this will make you guys mad, but I have to keep things moving. Again, I will be looking for detailed comments and posts if it comes to this as to specifically why players could not get there matches in.

Teams that are DQed in any round will not get privledges for the tournament vanity prize.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

3pc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

On my team Apex II pruhbird renamed back to flexing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Team Apex and Team Aggravate’s match will be this Saturday if everything goes according to plan, just a heads up!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Documenting Resto II First Cancellation:

Lonebrute - Today at 4:06 PM
    Yep, unfortunately I won’t be able to make tonight. That leaves everyone with one week to schedule this match.
    It seems Friday/Sat will be our best bet for the coming week according to everyone’s schedules.

To all those of Resto II besides Lonebrute and Sniper (Rose and Devour), I am sorry but the following has to be said.

At this time I motion for a DQ of Restoration II, reasoning being:
    1) We have waited over 3 weeks for them during which time I specifically said they we (Outsiders) are in no rush and understand outside of game commitments. After this time, they have been unbelievably rude, disrespectful, and now making cancellations for a time that we were forced to accommodate to, more on this below.
    2) They did not ask us whether this time they scheduled would even work for us, they TOLD us when we were playing, which put one of our players having the play at 4am. He is currently trying to nap to realign his sleep schedule to accommodate Lonebrute's demands!
    3) Upon the player on my team voicing concern about having to play at 4 am, Lonebrute said that, "nothing could be [done] about it. The majority of the players are best during this time," when the best time for everyone would have clearly been in the morning Eastern Time Zone on a weekend so that all players could not adjust sleep schedules and have fun... which I believe is the point of this tournament?
    4) Upon myself speaking up for my teammate about having to play at 4am, I was met with snarky replies that insinuated that my team, Outsiders, wasn't even seen as a group of players wanting to have fun. Instead, it is clear that we are seen as just a tool to have fun in a tournament for other people, our fun is irrelevant.
    5) I have made all and any attempts over the past 3 weeks to reach out to Resto II about scheduling from which only a few have answered. Sniper hasn't spoken once, Rose has been busy with things IRL and has rarely replied (which I totally understand), and Lonbrute has been a nightmare to deal with from the get-go. Only Idevour has been somewhat civil and consistant (up until recently), and for that I thank him/her.

EDIT: Finally, Lonebrute is the one who forced the time on Jest, and Lonebrute is also the one who ultimately cancelled.

Please consider what I have mentioned above.

Walie
    Last edited by Congeniality; 07-06-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Documenting Resto II First Cancellation:

Lonebrute - Today at 4:06 PM
    Yep, unfortunately I won’t be able to make tonight. That leaves everyone with one week to schedule this match.
    It seems Friday/Sat will be our best bet for the coming week according to everyone’s schedules.

To all those of Resto II besides Lonebrute and Sniper (Rose and Devour), I am sorry but the following has to be said.

At this time I motion for a DQ of Restoration II, reasoning being:
    1) We have waited over 3 weeks for them during which time I specifically said they we (Outsiders) are in no rush and understand outside of game commitments. After this time, they have been unbelievably rude, disrespectful, and now making cancellations for a time that we were forced to accommodate to, more on this below.
    2) They did not ask us whether this time they scheduled would even work for us, they TOLD us when we were playing, which put one of our players having the play at 4am. He is currently trying to nap to realign his sleep schedule to accommodate Lonebrute's demands!
    3) Upon the player on my team voicing concern about having to play at 4 am, Lonebrute said that, "nothing could be [done] about it. The majority of the players are best during this time," when the best time for everyone would have clearly been in the morning Eastern Time Zone on a weekend so that all players could not adjust sleep schedules and have fun... which I believe is the point of this tournament?
    4) Upon myself speaking up for my teammate about having to play at 4am, I was met with snarky replies that insinuated that my team, Outsiders, wasn't even seen as a group of players wanting to have fun. Instead, it is clear that we are seen as just a tool to have fun in a tournament for other people, our fun is irrelevant.
    5) I have made all and any attempts over the past 3 weeks to reach out to Resto II about scheduling from which only a few have answered. Sniper hasn't spoken once, Rose has been busy with things IRL and has rarely replied (which I totally understand), and Lonbrute has been a nightmare to deal with from the get-go. Only Idevour has been somewhat civil and consistant (up until recently), and for that I thank him/her.

EDIT: Finally, Lonebrute is the one who forced the time on Jest, and Lonebrute is also the one who ultimately cancelled.

Please consider what I have mentioned above.

Walie
    Three weeks ago we made it clear that one of our players was not available for two weeks and ONTOP OF THAT THERE WERE PVP EVENTS AND PVE EVENTS GOING ON. Don’t act like every single player on your team was “ready” 3 weeks ago because they weren’t. And quit accusing my team of being rude and disrespectful because they’re not doing so. NOT EVERYONE agreed to playing the match tonight at 9 EST when it was asked so the match was NOT 100% SCHEDULED and for Jest to say “I will try” is NOT a confirmation. When you have players on your team who are around the globe, it is almost impossible to schedule a match that works for ALL 10 PLAYERS so when I say there’s not much anyone can do, that’s just being blunt, and not rude or disrespectful. NOBODY “forced” a time on anyone, the best was done for the majority of the players on both teams. Obviously I had something to take care of last minute because real life comes first, but by no means was this match 100% SCHEDULED because not all 10 players agreed to play. Also, I’d like to point out that it doesn’t look good on your part that you’re trying to DQ your own guild, so If I were you, I’d be careful what you wish for.
    Last edited by Nihiliste; 07-06-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
    Three weeks ago we made it clear that one of our players was not available for two weeks and ONTOP OF THAT THERE WERE PVP EVENTS AND PVE EVENTS GOING ON. Don’t act like every single player on your team was “ready” 3 weeks ago because they weren’t. And quit accusing my team of being rude and disrespectful because they’re not doing so. NOT EVERYONE agreed to playing the match tonight at 9 EST when it was asked so the match was NOT 100% SCHEDULED and for Jest to say “I will try” is NOT a confirmation. When you have players on your team who are around the globe, it is almost impossible to schedule a match that works for ALL 10 PLAYERS so when I say there’s not much anyone can do, that’s just being blunt, and not rude or disrespectful. NOBODY “forced” a time on anyone, the best was done for the majority of the players on both teams. Obviously I had something to take care of last minute because real life comes first, but by no means was this match 100% SCHEDULED because not all 10 players agreed to play. Also, I’d like to point out that it doesn’t look good on your part that you’re trying to DQ your own guild, so If I were you, I’d be careful what you wish for.
    Nearly everything you have said here is falsified lol. You forced a time on my teammate and it isn't impossible to schedule because we had it scheduled for today until you cancelled. And it was scheduled, you made that perfectly clear. I have the chat logs of your disgusting rhetoric to show for it if you like.

As far as trying to DQ my own guild, what does that make you out to be? Wouldn't I go to the furthest lengths NOT to have my guild DQ? What does that say about your behavior? Maybe self-reflect next time.

I am being more than careful. In fact, you behavior disgusts me so much, that I am never willing to stop nagging on you about this until it is resolved. Because as far as I see, a rotten egg is a rotten f***in' egg. People who know me well know that I don't get worked up like this easy. So just be ready for a rude awakening big shot.
    Last edited by Congeniality; 07-06-2018 at 09:17 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Apex vs aggravate match will be held tomorrow. Screens shots will be posted from either team whoever wins. Thanks for the deadline information . Hope the best for other teams .

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Walie and Lonebrute,

I’ll find a time to speak to you guys in game, my intention of the deadline was to not cause controversy. The point of the tournament, after all, is fun friendly competition. But in the meantime, let’s breathe and smile. I’m not worried about you guys getting in your match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Here's a fun video to take your minds off the current situation

I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Name:  20180706_214927.png
Views: 226
Size:  705.2 KB

Name:  20180706_215221.png
Views: 232
Size:  816.2 KB

Holyfuryzzz asked me to send these screens to this thread. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Name:  20180706_214927.png
Views: 226
Size:  705.2 KB

Name:  20180706_215221.png
Views: 232
Size:  816.2 KB

Holyfuryzzz asked me to send these screens to this thread. Thanks.
    Thanks for posting! Hopefully we can get this match going as soon as possible!

** These posts/images are to be used as reference to said and agreed in-game postponings.**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    @Walie and Lonebrute,

I’ll find a time to speak to you guys in game, my intention of the deadline was to not cause controversy. The point of the tournament, after all, is fun friendly competition. But in the meantime, let’s breathe and smile. I’m not worried about you guys getting in your match
    Same, I already know who the winners of this tourney will be anyways.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

And who’s that?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Shady comment to make

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Opinions are shady? lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Walie,

I know tempers are high right now and you're getting heated. I ask that you both tone down your posts for the sake of not only the tournament, but for our guild as well.

Lonebrute,

I have seen the conversation in question and while I wouldn't call it 'disgusting' rhetoric, it's unfair to Jest to try to force him to play at 4am which is what the conversation shows you tried to do and you basically said "oh well. This is a tourney and whatever works for the majority has to be done." That is not good sportsmanship or fair.

It's also not good sportsmanship to try to throw shade at any and all teams by making an irrelevant post based upon your opinion of who you think will win the tournament.

For the sake of the tournament and showing good sportsmanship, I hope that you both tone down your speech and can make amends with one another behind closed doors rather than spew hate fueled text towards one another on this thread. Thanks.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Walie,

I know tempers are high right now and you're getting heated. I ask that you both tone down your posts for the sake of not only the tournament, but for our guild as well.

Lonebrute,

I have seen the conversation in question and while I wouldn't call it 'disgusting' rhetoric, it's unfair to Jest to try to force him to play at 4am which is what the conversation shows you tried to do and you basically said "oh well. This is a tourney and whatever works for the majority has to be done." That is not good sportsmanship or fair.

It's also not good sportsmanship to try to throw shade at any and all teams by making an irrelevant post based upon your opinion of who you think will win the tournament.

For the sake of the tournament and showing good sportsmanship, I hope that you both tone down your speech and can make amends with one another behind closed doors rather than spew hate fueled text towards one another on this thread. Thanks.
    Tempers are high but in all honesty, i can understand tempers being high because this tourney has been interrupted 3 weeks in a row for the majority of teams in this tourney. Teams have scheduled and rescheduled their matches just to have them postponed again by another problem. (of any sort) Im not condoning the way said people have talked to eachother on forums, but i understand why people are angry.

Regarding a statement made by your own guildy dolloway, i dont believe thats an invalid or even an irrelevant statement. He made a statement based on his observations of, more then likely, the teams that are playing and the players on those teams. You cant deny the fact that %50 of the teams who entered the tourney, had the cards stacked against them from the beginning. Most arent used to teamplay or even CTF. Anyone who makes a valid observation and then makes a statement about it, is completely entitled to do so. I personally dont believe its unsportsmanlike to make a statement based on their own observation. This is a personal opinion, not "throwing shade" on anyone.

GOOD LUCK TO ANY TEAMS PLAYING OVER THIS NEXT WEEK.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mine AGK For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

If we are going to talk about "poor sportsmanship" i have a few things that i will bring up if needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Captain America Civil War: Restoration Version
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post: