Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 5v5 CTF SUMMER BASH TOURNAMENT (Lv. 105)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
    Smh, the salt. Rose made a good point. No matter what Ghost does to get the tournament going, people will form opinions and think it’s “rigged.” Truthfully, I think some of the teams who don’t support the switch, disagree because their chances of winning would decrease. If you really are the best team in this tournament then you will win it no matter what team you face. This tournament is definitely going to be one to learn from and future tournaments have to be redesigned around time zones for sure. Thank you Ghost for always being a great host doing your best to get the tournament going, regardless of what people think.
    No one brought up rigging since the bracket came out and people saw no pvp guilds or restoration would be facing eachother. Youre implying that because some people see it as bias because ghosts proposal would give his own guild the option to choose to face restor 1 or not. This allows them a 50/50 shot at getting nothing but restoration in the final match. Not to mention FORCING all the remaining teams to conform to that "proposal" and not allowing ALL REMAINING TEAMS agree to the change (which not all agreed). This is a change of rules mid tourney that should have never been allowed or even FORCED upon other teams. Thus in the end removing a 1st place prize would be easier after changing the brackets as to not cause any drama further, such as accusations of rigging to get a one time vanity that no one else gets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

These are all hypotheticals and assumptions that Restoration 2 will win. Restoration 2 can lose its current match that it fights with any of the 4 teams. In the case we win however, and we do pick Apex (like everyone is saying), Apex can still beat us and move on. There is no guarantee Restoration 1 and 2 will fight in the finals.

-IiRose

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IiRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IiRose View Post
    These are all hypotheticals and assumptions that Restoration 2 will win. Restoration 2 can lose its current match that it fights with any of the 4 teams. In the case we win however, and we do pick Apex (like everyone is saying), Apex can still beat us and move on. There is no guarantee Restoration 1 and 2 will fight in the finals.

-IiRose
    Once again, this "proposal" was FORCED on all remaining teams and not agreed on by EVERYONE.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

-IiRose
    Just give them the last word. I know what my intentions are and I'm sticking with them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The point is , restoration 2 and reborn are being given the option to choose who they play after they win their current matches. And ofc accusations are going to be made. Restoration 2 and 1 are FROM THE SAME GUILD. Point blank .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I don't care either way. I'd rather fight either Resto II or Reborn in the semi finals simply because they have the easiest time zones to work with compared to the other two teams.

I'm down for fighting any of the remaining teams in the tourney though, whether that's Resto II, Betrayed, Reborn, Family, or Apex.

I also don't care about winning a first place shield. Being able to play 5v5 ctf again has been rewarding enough in and of itself.

I commend Ghost for his efforts as host in this tournament. Many do not realize how truly hard it is to hold a tournament, especially one of this size. As we have seen in practically every other tournament in the last two years, there have always been complaints or drama, no matter the rules, level, host or size of the tournament. It's simply not easy running a tournament and trying to please everyone, trying to do what you think is the right thing, trying to be as fair as possible to everyone. At the end of the day, you may very well get burnt out from all the aggravation and I think that's what we're seeing from Ghost right now. Go chill out and take some time to breathe, my man. The tourney will still be here when you get back.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It’s honestly just as simple as sticking to the rules . No drama is caused other than a team or two who fails to meet the requirements. And as far as we can see . Betrayed hasn’t commented on the matter . The only people I see supporting this alteration is other restoration members .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamxmayhem View Post
    It’s honestly just as simple as sticking to the rules . No drama is caused other than a team or two who fails to meet the requirements. And as far as we can see . Betrayed hasn’t commented on the matter . The only people I see supporting this alteration is other restoration members .
    This is true, only 2 members of team family has supported a change. Others seem to be inactive. I get that your guildies (you hope) are supposed to have your back. Although this is a form of group think instead of individual think.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamxmayhem View Post
    It's really not as simple as that. You should give hosting tournaments a shot, it might be more clear then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    It's really not as simple as that. You should give hosting tournaments a shot, it might be more clear then.
    I love you bb
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It is pretty simple . Keep the rules as is and people will respect it . More teams will be upset over this change rather than the ones who failed to follow the rules . Change stuff up last minute and gonna lose respect from a lot of people man..like everyone else stated who isn’t for this change . Learn from it and implement it in other tournaments.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

The way i see it is 2 teams will be mad either way, Apex and Reborn are mad over changing this and.if DQs happen betrayed and family/reborn will be mad over that. So, i dont see how it matters either way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    The way i see it is 2 teams will be mad either way, Apex and Reborn are mad over changing this and.if DQs happen betrayed and family/reborn will be mad over that. So, i dont see how it matters either way.
    Betrayed has made no effort to get their match in that i can see on forums.

Family is having a hard time getting their match in because of 4 different time zones with between 6/9/12 hr differences. Reborn has a max difference of 3hrs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Look. Read carefully . This is a tournament . The bracket is already in place . Ghost is allowing two teams, to CHOOSE. Who the face off against . This is the most obsurd thing I’ve ever heard. And yet again, I have yet to see betrayed comment����

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Betrayed has actually made efforts to do the match. It may not be on forums, but they do it through discord and ghost is fully aware of it.

-IiRose

18. The Following User Says Thank You to IiRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Betrayed has actually made efforts to do the match. It may not be on forums, but they do it through discord and ghost is fully aware of it.

-IiRose
    Read my post again, i didnt say they werent trying. I said they werent trying based on what i see on forums.
    Last edited by Mine AGK; 07-23-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lol. All I can say

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Can we all get along and agree to this bracket change if Resto II still fights resto I IF we win our match?

This is supposed to be fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Keep arguing guys and this will end up like the 35 tourney. Cinco will drop all support

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

It's not the honest debate that's a problem.