Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 5v5 CTF SUMMER BASH TOURNAMENT (Lv. 105)

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    Ghost me and my opponents team agree that we need an extention because one of my members is still level 100 and isnt putting an effort to get to 105. The reason my opponent wants one is they may need to switch out a member too. I have ss of the convo we had but i. Sure piruz wiill post on forums that we would like an extension as well.
    Alright, thanks for keeping me updated.

@Jil - I generated the tournament bracket one time, I really did not have the patience to record a video more than once. Would you like me to fix the bracket and have all restor teams playing each other?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I'd like you to keep your word and stop pulling wool over the eyes of the community, acting like you're doing something to make the community active, but all this was for yourself. Easy for me to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Alright, thanks for keeping me updated.

@Jil - I generated the tournament bracket one time, I really did not have the patience to record a video more than once. Would you like me to fix the bracket and have all restor teams playing each other?
    Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    I'd like you to keep your word and stop pulling wool over the eyes of the community, acting like you're doing something to make the community active, but all this was for yourself. Easy for me to see.

I'll ask again, would you like me to fix the bracket so all Restor members are playing each other first round?

The bracket was completely randomized. How else do you propose that I generate the bracket? Not like it matters since only the best team will be awarded the vanity prize.

I'm sorry things can't be tailored to perfection. Let's get through this one, and I'll stop hosting events if an overwhelming majority disagree with my methods of running tournaments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hey ghost, sorry for any changes right now but one of our members zylius is not responding so we have chosen to swap him with creedbane (mage). Also every member has read the rules and hopefully you’re ok with registering us. Many thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I'll ask again, would you like me to fix the bracket so all Restor members are playing each other first round?

The bracket was completely randomized. How else do you propose that I generate the bracket? Not like it matters since only the best team will be awarded the vanity prize.

I'm sorry things can't be tailored to perfection. Let's get through this one, and I'll stop hosting events if an overwhelming majority disagree with my methods of running tournaments.
    To preface this, I believe you run tournaments the best of anyone Will, so for what that's worth.

To address both sides of the argument, I would like to first say that I do not believe that Will's intent was anything beyond reviving the community and bringing about some fun 5v5 CTF that all can enjoy and enter into.

As for Jilsponie, I can see what you believe, and can't discredit you because I cannot look into the mind of Will and tell you what his intentions are for sure. But regardless, I think that him hosting a tournament in which everyone can join and have fun is both healthy for the community and a nice refreshing way of playing CTF again. Regardless of whether you think he did it "for himself" to get to play CTF, even if he did, is it really a bad thing if it revives the community?

Wanted to clear this up before things got personal !
    Walie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbemani1 View Post
    Hey ghost, sorry for any changes right now but one of our members zylius is not responding so we have chosen to swap him with creedbane (mage). Also every member has read the rules and hopefully you’re ok with registering us. Many thanks
    Absolutely, I'll go ahead and update the thread!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    To preface this, I believe you run tournaments the best of anyone Will, so for what that's worth.

To address both sides of the argument, I would like to first say that I do not believe that Will's intent was anything beyond reviving the community and bringing about some fun 5v5 CTF that all can enjoy and enter into.

As for Jilsponie, I can see what you believe, and can't discredit you because I cannot look into the mind of Will and tell you what his intentions are for sure. But regardless, I think that him hosting a tournament in which everyone can join and have fun is both healthy for the community and a nice refreshing way of playing CTF again. Regardless of whether you think he did it "for himself" to get to play CTF, even if he did, is it really a bad thing if it revives the community?

Wanted to clear this up before things got personal !
    Walie
    But is it going to "revive" the community? Or are people going to go back to what they usually do after the tournament. Remember to even fill the bracket Cinco is giving shields to ALL that compete.

I've been a competitive pool player for years, and in the real world hosts are not allowed competing in what they host, be it a tournament or league play. It's called a "conflict of interest" and is frowned upon by a majority of critical thinking people. Because common sense dictates "Why wouldn't they be biased"

I'm not even going to go into the chance that this bracket came out the way it did 1st try.... definitely not buying anyone could get that kind of luck... if so go to Vegas not alterra. Fr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

But is it going to "revive" the community? Or are people going to go back to what they usually do after the tournament. Remember to even fill the bracket Cinco is giving shields to ALL that compete.

I've been a competitive pool player for years, and in the real world hosts are not allowed competing in what they host, be it a tournament or league play. It's called a "conflict of interest" and is frowned upon by a majority of critical thinking people. Because common sense dictates "Why wouldn't they be biased"

I'm not even going to go into the chance that this bracket came out the way it did 1st try.... definitely not buying anyone could get that kind of luck... if so go to Vegas not alterra. Fr

Even if he did, you and I have no control over it, so why would we worry about it? If you suspect that the tournament is being manipulated to give Restoration the best chance to win, then perhaps you should run a tournament yourself.

From what you have said, I would have no hesitation in saying that you yourself would be a good, unbiased, tournament coordinator. I've discerned this from your clear dedication to a fair playing field, so perhaps do it yourself after this one is done! I know that I 100% would join it!

Thank you!
    Walie

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

At the end of the day, the road to victory lies in going through the next best team in order to win the tournament.

Cinco doesn't host tournaments because he's too busy making updates. Obviously, if a player is going to host a tournament, that individual would most likely want to participate in the tournament as well. Otherwise, that individual would have much less incentive and passion to host the tournament if they themselves cannot get in on the fun.

Will has hosted about ten tournaments in his time playing PL (I'm not going to count the exact number). Out of all of those tournaments, he's won maybe one that I recall. That's not a great track record for a host that 'rigs' tournaments.

The teams in the tournament consist of 30% Resto, 30-40% PVE, 25% 'pickup' teams, and 15% non-Resto pvp guild teams that come from the same guild. With those odds, I'd believe the bracket that we drew. Based on your logic, Resto would also have a great chance at receiving one of the 'byes' as well, yet no Resto team was fortunate enough to have been given a bye.

I'll gladly fight any Resto team that you'd like us to face, Jil, if that means it would please you. Although, you could also then claim that Resto 'rigged' the tournament by having one of their teams throw a game also in order to let the other advance (as if all Resto teams don't want to win ).

No matter how the bracket turned out, someone wouldn't be satisfied and would claim shenanigans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

At the end of the day, the road to victory lies in going through the next best team in order to win the tournament.

Cinco doesn't host tournaments because he's too busy making updates. Obviously, if a player is going to host a tournament, that individual would most likely want to participate in the tournament as well. Otherwise, that individual would have much less incentive and passion to host the tournament if they themselves cannot get in on the fun.

Will has hosted about ten tournaments in his time playing PL (I'm not going to count the exact number). Out of all of those tournaments, he's won maybe one that I recall. That's not a great record for a host that 'rigs' tournaments.

Out of all the teams in the tournament, 30% are Resto, 30-40% are PVE, 25% are 'pickup' teams, and 15% are non-Resto pvp teams where each player comes from the same guild. With those odds, I'd believe the current bracket that has been drawn. Based on your logic, Resto would also have a great chance to receive a 'bye', yet no Resto team was fortunate enough to have received one.

I'll gladly fight any Resto team that you'd like us to face, Jil, if that means it would please you. Although, if we do that, someone could also claim that one Resto team is throwing a game in order for the other Resto team to advance (as if all of Resto doesn't want to win ).

There is no satisfying everyone. No matter the result of the bracket, someone could claim shenanigans.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 06-17-2018 at 12:11 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

I’m just gonna go ahead and disagree with jils because it’s jils
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Updating team!

Team name: Infinity Fighters
    Scario (Captain): Bear
    Riftsurfer: Bird
    Soupah: Bird
    Dextinguish: Mage
    Mythers: Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDragon View Post
    Updating team!

Team name: Infinity Fighters
    Scario (Captain): Bear
    Riftsurfer: Bird
    Soupah: Bird
    Dextinguish: Mage
    Mythers: Mage
    Updated OP!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post

Will has hosted about ten tournaments in his time playing PL (I'm not going to count the exact number). Out of all of those tournaments, he's won maybe one that I recall. That's not a great record for a host that 'rigs' tournaments.

Out of all the teams in the tournament, 30% are Resto, 30-40% are PVE, 25% are 'pickup' teams, and 15% are non-Resto pvp teams where each player comes from the same guild. With those odds, I'd believe the current bracket that has been drawn. Based on your logic, Resto would also have a great chance to receive a 'bye', yet no Resto team was fortunate enough to have received one.

I'll gladly fight any Resto team that you'd like us to face, Jil, if that means it would please you. Although, if we do that, someone could also claim that one Resto team is throwing a game in order for the other Resto team to advance (as if all of Resto doesn't want to win ).

There is no satisfying everyone. No matter the result of the bracket, someone could claim shenanigans.
    Why everyone getting butt hurt cuz I just said I'd like to see him keep his word and give a deadline for registration as he specifically said he was going to do. This is the whole conflict of interest I mentioned.

But I don't know why I'm trying to explain this to somebody that thinks a 13m bow proc shouldn't be removed because birds don't have a bec skill like bears...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Why everyone getting butt hurt cuz I just said I'd like to see him keep his word and give a deadline for registration as he specifically said he was going to do. This is the whole conflict of interest I mentioned.

But I don't know why I'm trying to explain this to somebody that thinks a 13m bow proc shouldn't be removed because birds don't have a bec skill like bears...

You’re the one who’s butthurt here thinking the tournament is rigged before it’s even started. Stop polluting this thread with your nonsense.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
    You’re the one who’s butthurt here thinking the tournament is rigged before it’s even started. Stop polluting this thread with your nonsense.
    Nah for real though, why is it so hard for him to keep his word? He told the community the end of June, he told the community he would give everyone a deadline for registration. Then did neither. I obviously can't take his word on when the tournament will start since he clearly lied about that. I obviously can't take his word on giving everyone a deadline for registration since he lied about that. But he honestly only recorded the video once? Yeah right lol I'm not that naive sorry

P.S. this isn't a valid argument to anything I've stated at all btw. It's an insult stating 0 facts, and calling simple observations "pollution"

Last edited by Jilsponie; 06-18-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Nah for real though, why is it so hard for him to keep his word? He told the community the end of June, he told the community he would give everyone a deadline for registration. Then did neither. I obviously can't take his word on when the tournament will start since he clearly lied about that. I obviously can't take his word on giving everyone a deadline for registration since he lied about that. But he honestly only recorded the video once? Yeah right lol I'm not that naive sorry

P.S. this isn't a valid argument to anything I've stated at all btw. It's an insult stating 0 facts, and calling simple observations "pollution"

Live streaming it with communication with viewers would have been a way better way to avoid all of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I see tourney started finally! Goodluck to all the teams especially my homies team Family!

ELITE

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Everyone had 2 weeks to form the teams why does it matter if we are missing 1 team from the 16? We have 15 teams it does not matter. And the fact that you think anyone can rig this tournament is absurd. If he was trying to rig it for resto to win like you said wouldn't atleast 1 of the teams have recieved the bye? Only 1 team can win it so why dont you stop crying about a tournament that you didnt even enter.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

What does the amount of teams have to do with what the op said about timeframes and deadlines? Yes I didn't enter, my enchantments are horrible despite the insane amount I've spent on them and I thought I had until the end of June and would be given a deadline for registration. Therefore assumed I had time to work on them and put together a team...

If the host can't follow their own guidelines they set forth themselves. Idk how people think this isn't biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    Everyone had 2 weeks to form the teams why does it matter if we are missing 1 team from the 16? We have 15 teams it does not matter. And the fact that you think anyone can rig this tournament is absurd. If he was trying to rig it for resto to win like you said wouldn't atleast 1 of the teams have recieved the bye? Only 1 team can win it so why dont you stop crying about a tournament that you didnt even enter.