Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 5v5 CTF SUMMER BASH TOURNAMENT (Lv. 105)

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Again, deadline can be extended if needed and if you guys can find viable times.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    No ones bickering. We are stating that we cant do the match those days and you continue to bring that day up AFTER WE ALREADY STATED THAT BEING ONE OF THE DAYS WE CANT DO. An extension is needed and has already been agreed to. You tell us to respect the day you guys can/cant play but yet you choose to ignore ours?
    I work 12 hours a day, and I’m still finding time to play after work. If I can do that so can you all. I understand family is important but it’s literally 30mins-1hour out of your day, not to much to ask for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Again, deadline can be extended if needed and if you guys can find viable times.
    Thanks, sorry for the complications.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ghost already agreed to extension. So no need for further comments . As said well comment closer to next weekend seeing as you guys can only ever play Sundays . So next weekend we’ll talk. Thanks ttyl then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    I work 12 hours a day, and I’m still finding time to play after work. If I can do that so can you all. I understand family is important but it’s literally 30mins-1hour out of your day, not to much to ask for.
    Thats called trying to force times. We have respected your teams time and have offered to reschedule for what works best for both of our teams. What works for YOU as an individual person does not reflect what others, let alone a group of 10 total players can work with.

@ghost appreciate the response. Match will be played by sunday for sure. Hope to see good games from both semi final matches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

No worries about the complications, they're inevitable for all of these matches! Just keep plugging away and working towards finding new times. I know you guys got this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Thats called trying to force times. We have respected your teams time and have offered to reschedule for what works best for both of our teams. What works for YOU as an individual person does not reflect what others, let alone a group of 10 total players can work with.

@ghost appreciate the response. Match will be played by sunday for sure. Hope to see good games from both semi final matches
    Replying here to ease the tension. Hook is mostly upset with Plpr from what I have gathered from the messages. To say "we" have respected your team's times, is objectively wrong due to plpr's previous statements. I would say that "you" (Mine AGK) have been respectful of Apex's times, but not your entire team has.

I think we are also taking things in the wrong light. Part of being an intelligent human being is to put yourself into another person's shoes and understand why they are saying what they are. For instance, when Hook says he is working 12 hours a day and finding time, he is simply saying that he is putting in effort. It isn't an insult at anyone, instead it is just a mention of his commitment to putting a match in. To take it as somehow diminishing the oppositions commitment is an extremely self-centric point of view.

Both teams need to understand that their respective members are going to advocate for how they are committing to the tournament, and it has no repercussions on how yourself are viewed. I would also argue that replying negatively to such comments about commitment do the contrary to what your goals may be.

Let's keep this civilized and remember this is all for fun (ik I may not be one to talk, but it doesn't make me wrong XD)

Walie

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Replying here to ease the tension. Hook is mostly upset with Plpr from what I have gathered from the messages. To say "we" have respected your team's times, is objectively wrong due to plpr's previous statements. I would say that "you" (Mine AGK) have been respectful of Apex's times, but not your entire team has.

I think we are also taking things in the wrong light. Part of being an intelligent human being is to put yourself into another person's shoes and understand why they are saying what they are. For instance, when Hook says he is working 12 hours a day and finding time, he is simply saying that he is putting in effort. It isn't an insult at anyone, instead it is just a mention of his commitment to putting a match in. To take it as somehow diminishing the oppositions commitment is an extremely self-centric point of view.

Both teams need to understand that their respective members are going to advocate for how they are committing to the tournament, and it has no repercussions on how yourself are viewed. I would also argue that replying negatively to such comments about commitment do the contrary to what your goals may be.

Let's keep this civilized and remember this is all for fun (ik I may not be one to talk, but it doesn't make me wrong XD)

Walie
    Couldn’t have explained it better lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    No worries about the complications, they're inevitable for all of these matches! Just keep plugging away and working towards finding new times. I know you guys got this.
    Though even if their teamate dies, that can still allow the rhino/fox to pick it up and dash away regardless of being targeting or not is still tedious. I dont think they should have ever been allowed to touch it regardless if their teamate falls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Though even if their teamate dies, that can still allow the rhino/fox to pick it up and dash away regardless of being targeting or not is still tedious. I dont think they should have ever been allowed to touch it regardless if their teamate falls.
    Now you’re asking to change the rules when the tournament is nearly over lol.. I’m already restricted enough by being bound to sets, and not being able to capture flags. Don’t try that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

That was a tough decision I had to make at the beginning of this tournament. But if I prohibited rhino/foxes from picking up a dead teammate's flag, that basically meant they couldn't be anywhere near the action, and that would be some major rhino/fox racism :P

14. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Now you’re asking to change the rules when the tournament is nearly over lol.. I’m already restricted enough by being bound to sets, and not being able to capture flags. Don’t try that
    I didnt ask to change the rules but as you just asked about how rhino can be utilized in this tourney. I stated how it can be tedious. It can also be easily exploited because ANYONE who picks up the flag is an automatic target in CTF and anyone who plays ctf knows that. That can allow an easy exploit via the flag carrier knowing they are going to be targeted and die to simply do just that. The whole team can back off and allow the rhino to run it home with no worries at all due to dash. Thats a simple exloit that can be taken advantage of in any ctf match regardless if its a tourney or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I didnt ask to change the rules but as you just asked about how rhino can be utilized in this tourney. I stated how it can be tedious. It can also be easily exploited because ANYONE who picks up the flag is an automatic target in CTF and anyone who plays ctf knows that. That can allow an easy exploit via the flag carrier knowing they are going to be targeted and die to simply do just that. The whole team can back off and allow the rhino to run it home with no worries at all due to dash. Thats a simple exloit that can be taken advantage of in any ctf match regardless if its a tourney or not.
    He clearly stated someone can’t die purposely to drop flag for a rhino/fox. There’s no way to exploit, its strategy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

He clearly stated someone can’t die purposely to drop flag for a rhino/fox. There’s no way to exploit, its strategy.
    Thats not strategy. Once again, it is an exploit. It doesnt have to appear to be an intentional death as ANYONE WHO PICKS UP THE FLAG KNOWS THEY ARE AN IMMEDIATE TARGET. They can fight all they want to try to appear that it isnt intentional or it doesnt even have to be intentional at all. It can still be exploited regardless. Im not asking or even trying to get a rule change but im stating that this is indeed an exploit that can be used with a fox/rhino. The match will still take place regardless of what i say or not. Its just a thought that makes sense. Its not a strategy.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lol^ this has turned amusing honestly . Giving 1 day proposal for matches , waiting a week for another proposal. And now stating how playing us will be unfair due to a possibility of an exploit? Yes we will all back away and let our flag carrier die so that hook has a “chance” to grab the flag and capture it . Being that he can’t even dash away without targeting someone far away. Yes that would be a great strategy. LOl . Allowing a full team to attack our flag carrier for a chance , key word, chance of hook getting it. NTY. Completely irrelevant to bring this up now. Hilarious how bad y’all are trying to get out of this match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamxmayhem View Post
    Lol^ this has turned amusing honestly . Giving 1 day proposal for matches , waiting a week for another proposal. And now stating how playing us will be unfair due to a possibility of an exploit? Yes we will all back away and let our flag carrier die so that hook has a “chance” to grab the flag and capture it . Being that he can’t even dash away without targeting someone far away. Yes that would be a great strategy. LOl . Allowing a full team to attack our flag carrier for a chance , key word, chance of hook getting it. NTY. Completely irrelevant to bring this up now. Hilarious how bad y’all are trying to get out of this match.
    Didnt say that it was an unfair advantage. I stated that its an exploit. Youre insinuating that im talking specifically about your team. No one is trying to get out of the match, thats unsportsmanship right there assuming thats what we are trying to do. I made a statement based on a thought process. You assume that im saying your team is going to do this. Not accusing any team that they did or didnt do this. Its a statement that i decided to bring up even though ive stated I DONT WANT A RULE CHANGE, its also too late for a rule change as we have already experience how that worked out when someone else tried that and saw the backlash. Continue to say assumptions and false accusations is ridiculous. Now, i will ask once more. STOP MAKING FALSE ACCUSATIONS OF ANYONE ON MY TEAM OR MY TEAM IN GENERAL.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You’re the only one stating accusations? Lol are you blind. You just stated that having a rhino on our team allows us to exploit in some type of mysterious way. I’m done. You’re clearly immature and spamming this forum with off topic , irrelevant comments. We’ll be back on forums Saturday. Ty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamxmayhem View Post
    You’re the only one stating accusations? Lol are you blind. You just stated that having a rhino on our team allows us to exploit in some type of mysterious way. I’m done. You’re clearly immature and spamming this forum with off topic , irrelevant comments. We’ll be back on forums Saturday. Ty.
    I stated that a rhino/fox on a team can easily exploit the rule of them only being able to pick up a flag only if their teamate has fallen. I DID NOT SPECIFICALLY SAY YOUR TEAM, THATS AN ASSUMPTION YOU MADE. Its obviously not mysterious if ive already ellaborated on how it can easily be done. Saying that im "immature" because i made a statement that wasnt directed specifically towards your team is once again unsportsmanship. This isnt irrelavent as it still pertains to the tourney and tourney rules. I will look forward to our VERY COMPETITIVE match, whenever the time/date is set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I stated that a rhino/fox on a team can easily exploit the rule of them only being able to pick up a flag only if their teamate has fallen. I DID NOT SPECIFICALLY SAY YOUR TEAM, THATS AN ASSUMPTION YOU MADE. Its obviously not mysterious if ive already ellaborated on how it can easily be done. Saying that im "immature" because i made a statement that wasnt directed specifically towards your team is once again unsportsmanship. This isnt irrelavent as it still pertains to the tourney and tourney rules. I will look forward to our VERY COMPETITIVE match, whenever the time/date is set.
    You’re trying to change the rules (after already agreeing to them clearly stated above) to handicap rhino/fox for this tournament. Plus, if we’re gonna talk about unsportsmanship, what about your teammate when I was just simply trying to put the match together? I only asked for an answer regarding what was going on, and I was getting heat for it. Let’s stop trying to ruin the match, and let’s just figure out a time to have a fun match. We don’t need to argue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Unfortunately Resto II doesn't seem to have time to play our match until Saturday. I've tried scheduling a match at dozens of times for this coming week, but Sniper has work 14 hours a day and won't play outside of 8-9pm est everyday when our teammate Wanted has work of his own during this time.

9/10 people agreed to a match last night but Sniper didn't get back to us all afternoon yesterday and still hasn't messaged any of us back.

Resto I would like to get this match in ASAP because finals and vacation are coming up for some of us and we won't have time to devote to this tournament anymore.