Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 5v5 CTF SUMMER BASH TOURNAMENT (Lv. 105)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    Honestly yes I disagree with this. Shouldn’t be able to ignore the rules behind closed doors because of an inactive player. Rule #6 was clearly broken. If everyone else was allowed to do this, wouldn’t be a problem with me but I don’t think anyone should be able to break the rules, that’s why rules are made.
    If it was ANYONE that had not already played in the tourney and this was announced on the forums beforehand, i think no one would see a problem. Kinda crazy that it was kept hush hush and no one was told.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mine AGK For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    Lets not have anymore drama please as stated sniper had a pressing issue and real life comes before a game.

We asked the captain of resto 1 and we asked ghost and they agreed to allow us to play the match with a sub.

Lets just get this tournament over without anymore drama please.
    Im not trying to cause anything dramatic, I came in the tournament following the rules and I expect others to have to do the same..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yeah Ida has no problem if it wasn’t done behind closed doors. But like you said it is what it is right ? Even tho I don’t believe this same thing woulda happen had it been another team. But I’m ready to schedule a match please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    This is still a breach of rule #6. Reborn knocked out Aporrow in round 1 facing Resto 4. Why should he be allowed to play again? Thats a clear rule break that was talked about behind closed doors.
    Good point. He already played in the tournement why is he playing again.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

If it was ANYONE that had not already played in the tourney and this was announced on the forums beforehand, i think no one would see a problem. Kinda crazy that it was kept hush hush and no one was told.
    It was a last minute decision, once again lets not have any more drama and just finish the tourney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Lets not have anymore drama please as stated sniper had a pressing issue and real life comes before a game.

We asked the captain of resto 1 and we asked ghost and they agreed to allow us to play the match with a sub.

Lets just get this tournament over without anymore drama please.
    This "DRAMA" could have been avoided if
    1. This was announced on the thread and explained.
    2. The sub wasnt a person that was already knocked out in round 1.

For you to ask people to not cause "drama", is funny considering this was allowed behind closed doors. Im knocked out of the tourney and i dont want another shot because it was a 1 time chance. Thats what it should have been for anyone who competed. All the teams that couldnt play their matches were DQ except this specific team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

It was a last minute decision, once again lets not have any more drama and just finish the tourney
    Last minute or not this is still a breach of conduct. The public was not informed and this WAS an illegal move.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Since I'll be getting to school shortly, I would like to award team Legacy for the sportsmanship award. Congrats guys, please find me in game to receive your reward!

Congrats to Restor 2 on an awesome game beating us. Apex is in for a treat

Yeah, Sniper had some really pressing matters come up, and with the deadline on its way (we were all logged on), Aporrow was the only one able to play. I have pretty much had it with the tournament, and would have much rather played that CTF match than just have a dumb DQ for Restor 2. I understand the annoyance and subsequent million posts that are about to ensue, and frankly do not care anymore given the incredibly disheartening spirit of the tournament and everyone's inability to see that these rules don't do anything useful for the tournament, so this will be all I have to say.

Good luck to the final two teams. Please, everyone, do make sure that your correct in game names are listed on the original post so I can inform Cinco with the correctly listed names.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I’m down. Hoping for a match tonight , 9pm eastern time would work perfect with restoration 2. If you can talk to them or get them to post that would be great thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Since I'll be getting to school shortly, I would like to award team Legacy for the sportsmanship award. Congrats guys, please find me in game to receive your reward!

Congrats to Restor 2 on an awesome game beating us. Apex is in for a treat

Yeah, Sniper had some really pressing matters come up, and with the deadline on its way (we were all logged on), Aporrow was the only one able to play. I have pretty much had it with the tournament, and would have much rather played that CTF match than just have a dumb DQ for Restor 2. I understand the annoyance and subsequent million posts that are about to ensue, and frankly do not care anymore given the incredibly disheartening spirit of the tournament and everyone's inability to see that these rules don't do anything useful for the tournament, so this will be all I have to say.

Good luck to the final two teams. Please, everyone, do make sure that your correct in game names are listed on the original post so I can inform Cinco with the correctly listed names.
    All in all, any other team would have been DQ. Gg i guess lol.

GL in the next match @apex and @restoration 2
    Last edited by Mine AGK; 08-11-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

The donations have been given to Pinkbugga who kindly informed me that she will distribute the prizes amongst her team.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 08-11-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Willlllliam
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

All in all, any other team would have been DQ. Gg i guess lol.

GL in the next match @apex and @restoration 2
    Appreciate it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I and several others agree that if there is a rule change, especially when a player who was already knocked out gets to play again. There should be no first place shield. Instead it should be 500 plat to the winners and everyone gets participation. Its ridiculous that this rule change was talked about behind closed doors regardless of it being last minute. It still violates rule #6.

Not to mention the fact that all the other teams that didnt have a teamate or teamates available were DQ. Why is it that a team gets special treatment over EVERYONE else? Everyone agreed to the rules from the start, why should they change now? Not to mention its a rule change that was behind closed doors? This is sad to see and ridiculous to even witness. Rule #6 should still be in place and resto 2 should get a dq if they cant get a match in by sunday.
    Last edited by Mine AGK; 08-11-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I and several others agree that if there is a rule change, especially when a player who was already knocked out gets to play again. There should be no first place shield. Instead it should be 500 plat to the winners and everyone gets participation. Its ridiculous that this rule change was talked about behind closed doors regardless of it being last minute. It still violates rule #6.
    With all due respect, my team is okay with this substitute as of now, and we are the only ones left in this tournament. Things happen, we understand. Just because they’re trying to finish the tournament and avoid disqualification doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a 1st place shield for the winners. Let it rest, the teams in the finals now worked very hard to get there and the ones who win deserve the prize.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

With all due respect, my team is okay with this substitute as of now, and we are the only ones left in this tournament. Things happen, we understand. Just because they’re trying to finish the tournament and avoid disqualification doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a 1st place shield for the winners. Let it rest, the teams in the finals now worked very hard to get there and the ones who win deserve the prize.
    Yeah but if this was a tourney that wasnt hosted by the "tournament & ladder leader" it would immediately get shut down for this. Guess others can host a tourney and change the rules whenever they feel like it? Its sad to see rules being ONCE AGAIN FORCED and now people just sit here and let it happen.

But yeah, the last time someone tried to force the rules. This was said.

I agree to removing the prize shield for the first place winner. The intentions were for everyone to just play some CTF games. Since prizes are the root of all drama here, this seems clear to me.
    Last edited by Mine AGK; 08-11-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Yeah but if this was a tourney that wasnt hosted by the "tournament & ladder leader" it would immediately get shut down for this. Guess others can host a tourney and change the rules whenever they feel like it? Its sad to see rules being ONCE AGAIN FORCED and now people just sit here and let it happen.
    I understand why you’re frustrated, but the teams left are Apex & Restoration II. We are okay with them substituting Aporrow because we don’t want a disqualification victory in the finals. If we win, we want to do it the respectful and right way. IRL stuff happens, and we completely understand that Sniper can’t play, and them having a backup plan (as long as we can get the match in) is alright with us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I understand why you’re frustrated, but the teams left are Apex & Restoration II. We are okay with them substituting Aporrow because we don’t want a disqualification victory in the finals. If we win, we want to do it the respectful and right way. IRL stuff happens, and we completely understand that Sniper can’t play, and them having a backup plan (as long as we can get the match in) is alright with us.
    It doesnt matter what teams are left. Our teams name was in the semi-finals. This occured IN the semi-finals.

Yeah, IRL stuff happens.
    Resto 3 had IRL stuff- DQ
    Legacy couldnt get times in and IRL stuff- DQ/dropped out
    Betrayed couldnt get times in with restor 2- DQ
    Resto 2 cant get sniper on in time for their match- gets to substitute with a player that has already been knocked out of the tourney?

Where is the special treatment for the other teams that got DQ? Why dont any other players that entered the tourney get to hop back in? Rules are rules and especially a rule change shouldnt be forced behind closed doors.

Once again, this was said when THE FIRST RULE CHANGE ATTEMPT WAS TRIED.

I agree to removing the prize shield for the first place winner. The intentions were for everyone to just play some CTF games. Since prizes are the root of all drama here, this seems clear to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Ghost your doing an amazingly well hosting this tournament, to be as fair as you can.

I do hope this experience doesn't hinder you from hosting more in the future.

As for all the drama involved with this tourney, it all comes down to the will to win.

Those who do have good sportsmanship won't ever complain or finger point, be agressive and lash out that things are unfair because of any particular reason.

Please stop the drama and let the teams who made it to final play.

Good luck to both Restoration II and Apex in the finals.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    Ghost your doing an amazingly well hosting this tournament, to be as fair as you can.

I do hope this experience doesn't hinder you from hosting more in the future.

As for all the drama involved with this tourney, it all comes down to the will to win.

Those who do have good sportsmanship won't ever complain or finger point, be agressive and lash out that things are unfair because of any particular reason.

Please stop the drama and let the teams who made it to final play.

Good luck to both Restoration II and Apex in the finals.
    Thanks, ready to have a good game