Thread: Thinking of returning and I have a few questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Thinking of returning and I have a few questions

Hey guys, so I’m thinking of coming back into the game but first I need to confirm something.

I remember this game when it was very simple and one could enjoy it and still do good even if they dont play a lot.

Now this game has expanded and has gotten more complicated. My question is if i start now will i be able to catch up to the game. I’m not necessarily talking about getting the best gears but just being able to catch up and get pretty great gears (3rd or 4th best) in end game. I dont really play much since I am a highschool student.

Will i be able to catch up? Or is this game expanding too fast.

Edit: I can dedicate at most 1-1 and 1/2 hours of game-play
    Also are classes somewhat balanced now? I'm thinking of continuing either mage or rouge but I can't decide
    Last edited by ChromeRose; 05-30-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeRose View Post
    Hey guys, so I’m thinking of coming back into the game but first I need to confirm something.

I remember this game when it was very simple and one could enjoy it and still do good even if they dont play a lot.

Now this game has expanded and has gotten more complicated. My question is if i start now will i be able to catch up to the game. I’m not necessarily talking about getting the best gears but just being able to catch up and get pretty great gears (3rd or 4th best) in end game. I dont really play much since I am a highschool student.

to be honest as of right now, the short answer is no. the cheap decent lvl 66 stats with jewels and a semi decent pet all cost a decent sum of money. And even after you get this gear, you are far from being able to pvp and expect to die plenty of times in the maps that you farm... AL requires a lot of dedication and work now a days, or for other players, money.

but the lvl 71 expan looks promising so we shall see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Uh, if your goal isn't to have the absolute best gear and compete with the top 2%, then there is no question you will have fun trying to move on to end game and kill a bunch of stuff along the way.

Jump in, do your best with what you can afford or however much you can grind and work your way up. And if it's too daunting, you've lost nothing because it's still fun to have that challenge of getting to the level cap and get the best gear. If it feels more like work to you after you have tried, just don't play the game anymore. But at least you gave it a chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    Uh, if your goal isn't to have the absolute best gear and compete with the top 2%, then there is no question you will have fun trying to move on to end game and kill a bunch of stuff along the way.

Jump in, do your best with what you can afford or however much you can grind and work your way up. And if it's too daunting, you've lost nothing because it's still fun to have that challenge of getting to the level cap and get the best gear. If it feels more like work to you after you have tried, just don't play the game anymore. But at least you gave it a chance
    take kragle's advice its better than mine :3

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

To help with your levelling up don’t forget to take the daily xp quests. They will be easily done within the time available for you�� there’s absolutely no need to rush in to the higher level maps! They will be more fun for you as you get stronger!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Jump back in! The new daily quests give great experience and if you spent the time to do them each day(make sure to check out the guide section) you will level up fast.

Remember, you don't have to have perfect stats or top tier gear to enjoy this game, awakens(new ways to boost your stats, ALOT) have made it possible for average gear to be powerful.

There are quite a few good guilds and many great ones that I'm sure if you told your story would help with info on what to do with your limited time to play and help you achieve things.

Not sure which class to suggest to you. Mages are always effecient farmers , its nice to once things with rogues though .

All in all I suggest you just dive back into the game, and see which guild will accept you( leaderboard guilds may have requirements to join). Do your dailies, and just read up on the guide or announcement pages for great info.

(Hopefully) Welcome back!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Edit: I can dedicate at most 1-1 and 1/2 hours of game-play
    Also are classes somewhat balanced now? I'm thinking of continuing either mage or rouge but I can't decide
    I would recommend to come back and you can catch up easy. Welcome back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

no gold loot = no gold = no gold loot

plz halp XD

No , really - As of now you need gold to make gold . Of course you can run the popular maps without it.. but you wont be getting the 20-30m needed for decent gear that way anytime soon . The game is still fun if you play on events tough and the new expansion might change things . I suggest you level up to lvl66 ( do daily quests , its the best way to level as of now ) buy some cheap lvl61 legendary gear and wait for the lvl71 cap .
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 05-31-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post

plz halp XD

No , really - As of now you need gold to make gold . Of course you can run the popular maps without it.. but you wont be getting the 20-30m needed for decent gear that way anytime soon . The game is still fun if you play on events tough .
    You are delusional to think u need 20-30m for decent gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    You are delusional to think u need 20-30m for decent gear.

well it depends on what one considers as "decent" for me its the gear that allows me to fully enjoy the game ...

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

I don’t have any gold loot and I’m managing just fine! I make my gold from events
    But I think it’s easy to catch up to the cap lvl. They made dailies with TONS of xp. I made a char the other day and now it’s lv46.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

well it depends on what one considers as "decent" for me its the gear that allows me to fully enjoy the game ...
    Ok then what is the purpose for the best gears if decent gear allows you to enjoy everything fully?

1m-5m is good enough for decent stats. Just buying the cheap legendary 66 gives very good stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Ok then what is the purpose for the best gears if decent gear allows you to enjoy everything fully?

1m-5m is good enough for decent stats. Just buying the cheap legendary 66 gives very good stats.

Best gears will always be better at what they are meant to do but should never be required for anything . Someone with speed awakenings all over their gear will have advantage in some timed maps , people with op stat awakenings will have an advantage in pvp .. For mages for example .. someone who spends 6-7m to buy the basic weapons for maus ( flame staff , ds ) will be able to clear the maps at a good speed and join any party , but one who spends 14m on immo staff will always do better. Another example are warriors that buy terror blade compared to those who play with dragon sword . Enjoying the game does not mean being the best at it , for me it would be the ability to freely enter any party , map or pvp map without being asked to leave or farming deaths .
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 05-31-2018 at 11:44 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Best gears will always be better at what they are meant to do but should never be required for anything . Someone with speed awakenings all over their gear will have advantage in some timed maps , people with op stat awakenings will have an advantage in pvp .. For mages for example .. someone who spends 6-7m to buy the basic weapons for maus ( flame staff , ds ) will be able to clear the maps at a good speed and join any party , but one who spends 14m on immo staff will always do better. Another example are warriors that buy terror blade compared to those who play with dragon sword . Enjoying the game does not mean being the best at it , for me it would be the ability to freely enter any party , map or pvp map without being asked to leave or farming deaths .
    Well said.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

If only people with best gear understood their roles in party, stat priority and how to use their skills.
    You can be rich and buy all the good stuff you want but at the end of the day if you are just spamming buttons then you are good for nothing.

If it was a proper mmo where mechanics matters in dungeons/raids then I would have preferred a player who understands strategy, know how to play their class and know how to run in a party. Rich idiots are usually kicked out in all major mmos. But then its just a casual game for the amateurs, so I let it pass.

@OP: you can beat this game with legendary gears available, if you are casual go with it. No sweat
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

sorry I just need to post to make a thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

plz halp XD

No , really - As of now you need gold to make gold . Of course you can run the popular maps without it.. but you wont be getting the 20-30m needed for decent gear that way anytime soon . The game is still fun if you play on events tough and the new expansion might change things . I suggest you level up to lvl66 ( do daily quests , its the best way to level as of now ) buy some cheap lvl61 legendary gear and wait for the lvl71 cap .
    Should I bother with running Maus?? Or just skip that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Imo it's not worth coming back now. I'd just wait for next event.

Running maus is compulsory to get gold. Not only that, you should have people who constantly invite you to run highest floors, since first floors drop very little tokens and no loot at all.

Gear stats don't matter now. It's all about weapon procs. If you have mage dragon and immortal staff-this is the best pve gear. You can DESTROY ANYTHING with that and some lvl61 legendaries. But you will get no gold.

There are no maps with valuable drops with decent rates anymore. It's either 1m worth arc shard with 0.000001% chance on m5-6 or locks worth 3k in high-level maps only.

Next expansion is a must-try of course. You can decide what class you will focus then.
    Last edited by Alwarez; 05-31-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Not 100% sure but I think u might have to complete all 6 floors of maus before moving on to the new expansion ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Should I bother with running Maus?? Or just skip that
    Your options for gold ( outside of events ) are esg ( elite southern gates ) and maus. If you have all 6 floors unlocked then running it would be slightly more profit than esg . Either way , you wont be getting much more than 20-30k per hour without gold loot .