Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Improving Enchantment!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Exclamation Improving Enchantment!

I'm not gonna say the things that I said in the past to improve the enchanting system like per slot enchant, improved chance as we keep enchanting etc as these things was never considered so I came up with easier things that can improve the system for this notorious 3 slot luck based enchanting for elites.

First > Please reduce the enchantment cost from 5k gold to 1k gold and 5plat to 1plat. I don't think anybody would even dare to max a 3 slot elite with plat anyway. As there are so many reroll needed to get decent stat 5k is alot.

Second > Either an option to preserve a stat of enchantment, so that if you don't get anything better we can get back to the preserved stat OR 5-10 time roll back system (each roll back would take you to the previous stat of enchantment), if we don't like the enchantment we can roll back 5 to 10 times to the last best enchantment. In the both ways we can keep re-rolling while keeping safe the best enchantment by far.

3 slot enchanting system is incredibly luck based system, please do something about it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Reading through forums, AL seems to be alot more active than PL. Enchantments there from what i read completely destroyed pvp, and players have been begging for them to be removed/fixed since it happened. Apparently Developer profit trumps player input on this one...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Reading through forums, AL seems to be alot more active than PL. Enchantments there from what i read completely destroyed pvp, and players have been begging for them to be removed/fixed since it happened. Apparently Developer profit trumps player input on this one...

It has also destroyed pvp for many players in pl - me included
    Ty Cinco

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yannjoel View Post
    It has also destroyed pvp for many players in pl - me included
    Indeed it has... i haven't even been on pl in days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Indeed it has... i haven't even been on pl in days.

From the first week of enchantments being introduced, people have asked for a way to lock a slot for us to be able to play arounf with builds. This wouldnt defeat the purpose of enchants but would actually get people to enchant for the best possible damage/armor/hp/dodge sets and could in turn balance pvp and not make it p2w.

People spend 1-2m just enchanting to unlock the 3rd slot with just gold and some have spent upwards of 150-250 plat to fully unlock. Some maybe even spent more. To get good enchants, ive heard people saying that you need to spend atleast 2k per 4pc set or even more. Kinda sad that we need to spend $90/8m to even be able to pvp against other people. Its ridiculous.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    From the first week of enchantments being introduced, people have asked for a way to lock a slot for us to be able to play arounf with builds. This wouldnt defeat the purpose of enchants but would actually get people to enchant for the best possible damage/armor/hp/dodge sets and could in turn balance pvp and not make it p2w.

People spend 1-2m just enchanting to unlock the 3rd slot with just gold and some have spent upwards of 150-250 plat to fully unlock. Some maybe even spent more. To get good enchants, ive heard people saying that you need to spend atleast 2k per 4pc set or even more. Kinda sad that we need to spend $90/8m to even be able to pvp against other people. Its ridiculous.
    I spent A LOT more than 8m enchanting + over 400 plat and my 100 set had better stats... unfortunately some of us can't even pay to win lol

Last edited by Jilsponie; 06-04-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I spent A LOT more than 8m enchanting + over 400 plat and my 100 set had better stats... unfortunately some of us can't even pay to win lol

A full set takes around 8m depending on how you want to play. Hp/armor or just all armor.
    Ive spent about 12m enchanting my dex/int sets. All 4 pc. Ive built and rebuilt enchanted sets. The fact that people who spend 2k plat just to get good enchants to beat everyone is sad. It makes people not want to play pvp anymore. This is one reason 30-40pvp was ruined. Enchants are required to pvp now.

Being able to lock slots for enchants would please LOADS of people and probably get more people in pvp. Would also make intersting fun with playing with builds and see what works best for peoples play styles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i got my set awkened pretty well with 2m gold, and i beat people who hit 100+ higher with auto. go L105 then awkens dont matter if mage or bird.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Dont want any trouble
    Last edited by Idevour; 06-06-2018 at 02:50 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

The luck is a critical component to the system. I do not see this changing in the short or mid-term.

As for pricing - I think it would be a good idea to revise this (even for just a short time, like an 'Enchantment Event' sort of thing).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Would be amazing to do this prior to the tournament starting for l105.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    The luck is a critical component to the system. I do not see this changing in the short or mid-term.

As for pricing - I think it would be a good idea to revise this (even for just a short time, like an 'Enchantment Event' sort of thing).
    Its a 'critical' component that continues to reduce the number of people pvping. It makes it P2W. People spend ridiculous amounts of plat just to get good enchants, which is sad. We should be able to lock slots to play with builds for different play styles.

If prices stayed the same but we locked slots, more people would pvp and it would actually bring a skill component back to pvp. Currently as it stands, the people who spend the most plat/gold get the best stats and destroy others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

As soon as al saw awakens ppl asked for a way to lock and it's never happened. Doubt it could here as we in al would also want it and sts shouldn't disable a presumably large way for them to earn revenue.

One thing you may want is another idea that Cinco had about al. I'm not gonna try to find the buried thread but his idea was kinda-

Have a pvp mode where ppl can only get one class stat set. Have one set of gear for each class that can't be swapped in that map. All three different class sets are balanced for each other so it's back to a "paper scissors rock" type pvp mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

Competitive games can't flourish in such luck based system, nothing to say much about this nor it's anywhere close to compare it with games like fortnite, where they made $200Million+ last month selling just skins and emotes etc, no advantage to anyone from the day first, not comparing worlds biggest game with few hundred community Best game PL (from our perspective) but that's the future of competitive games - absolute no advantage to anybody other than skill and experience.
    Last edited by Waug; 06-06-2018 at 11:55 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

We should at least get a weekend every now and then for where enchanting prices are dropped to 1k and 1 plat it gets really expensive. I thought this was a MMO game not gambling lol

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    We should at least get a weekend every now and then for where enchanting prices are dropped to 1k and 1 plat it gets really expensive. I thought this was a MMO game not gambling lol
    Shouldnt be a luck based system. It needs to be skill based pvp again. Thats why all levels above 30 are dead. Enchants killed them and after killing the economy without gold, no one wants to waste gold to enchant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Competitive games can't flourish in such luck based system, nothing to say much about this nor it's anywhere close to compare it with games like fortnite, where they made $200Million+ last month selling just skins and emotes etc, no advantage to anyone from the day first, not comparing worlds biggest game with few hundred community Best game PL (from our perspective) but that's the future of competitive games - absolute no advantage to anybody other than skill and experience.
    I appreciate the transition of focus from 1v1 to teamplay. I personally have hated the 1v1 "go" meta PL has been stuck in for years. I don't see enchantments changing anytime soon, and I appreciate that people are playing ffa again... regardless of whether the 1v1 is skewed due to enchantment variation.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I've spent a decent amount of both gold and platinum, but only have roughly 1500(1505 i think) armor... i just get nuked instantly.

Armors for example can get up to 100 armor per slot on 3 slots, or +300 armor. That's huge... if you honestly think that doesn't make a big difference in ffa idk what to say... especially when you're talking about a mage with 1800-1900 armor or something silly ridiculous on one team vs a team with a mage that has 1500 armor? Whoa Ouch!

When people talk about fixing enchantments i see alot of "balanced teamplay" as the argument, but the 2 go hand in hand. Unbalanced stats= unbalanced teams = Unbalanced ffa be it 1v1 2v2 3v3 or 5v5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    I appreciate the transition of focus from 1v1 to teamplay. I personally have hated the 1v1 "go" meta PL has been stuck in for years. I don't see enchantments changing anytime soon, and I appreciate that people are playing ffa again... regardless of whether the 1v1 is skewed due to enchantment variation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

I always wanted the enchanting system to be a way of more builds to emerge but it's really just too random to achieve this, nice ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    I always wanted the enchanting system to be a way of more builds to emerge but it's really just too random to achieve this, nice ideas.
    Thats what i want the enchanting system to move to. Playing with builds you would with lower levels like 30. You have to choose what to sacrifice in order to have either the best possible defence or best possible offense. Choosing what skills to increase and where to put what points.