View Poll Results: Kills / XP Everywhere vs. New Future Cap

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allow Kills / XP from all Maps up to Level 55!

12 60.00%
  • Keep Kills / XP limited so Leaderboards have meaning!l

7 35.00%
  • Do it for a while. Take it away. Do it again. Who cares?

1 5.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Kills and XP Everywhere vs. Future Level-Cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

It would kill the end game totally. Having tons of damage would be meaningless when people could farm in lower levels, and nobody would even go and play higher levels when its 5 times faster to get kills in lower maps. And K/D PvE becomes completely meaningless considering a higher level won't ever die. Totally against it.
    90% of rogues are trolls

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Att For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Better would be to completely remove the leaderboards since it will lose any meaning at all.
    90% of rogues are trolls

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Att For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I agree with fryce. You can scale it the same way that you guys did for the Christmas map, the mobs weren't as feeble as the lower levels. Either Nerf us, or buff the mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I propose forgetting about the idea of kills and xp everywhere and moving on to a "new level cap and new items" type of SL,

who's with me?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

I would like to add something and give my perspective on this issue in more details. We all will agree what developers decide to do in the end.

If developers intent to bring more people to this game or make people play this game more, then his Kills/XP addition serves no purpose at all. In fact its counter productive. Why? Because people like me and many others who play end game, do for kills only. Most of kill farmers have already acquired all the gear from STS-25 so we will be spending our limited time solo farming in Cycorps as its 5 times faster. Which means newbies and those without napalm will not be able to farm gear alone. End game would completely die out. Then there is the risk of some people botting, who got their PvP kills/deaths using bots and would most likely do in PvE too. As for people suggesting to add stimpacks in STS-25, I have been farming solo on operative even when it was 51 cap and no mods. Its doable, challenging and fun if you practice. Please don't do any radical changes, it would only drive people out.

If developers' purpose is to make game more active, then I would suggest to make quests grant more XP, or lower the XP requirement itself. Additional napalm like gun (probably a nerfed version if you like) to help people who can't afford one would help a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by oraweun View Post
    I propose forgetting about the idea of kills and xp everywhere and moving on to a "new level cap and new items" type of SL,

who's with me?

We recently got update so I don't know if developers have that in mind right now. Even if they do, I think 56 would be the next cap with high amount of XP requirement. And new arbiter would be nice if possible.
    90% of rogues are trolls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Att View Post
    I would like to add something and give my perspective on this issue in more details. We all will agree what developers decide to do in the end.

If developers intent to bring more people to this game or make people play this game more, then his Kills/XP addition serves no purpose at all. In fact its counter productive. Why? Because people like me and many others who play end game, do for kills only. Most of kill farmers have already acquired all the gear from STS-25 so we will be spending our limited time solo farming in Cycorps as its 5 times faster. Which means newbies and those without napalm will not be able to farm gear alone. End game would completely die out. Then there is the risk of some people botting, who got their PvP kills/deaths using bots and would most likely do in PvE too. As for people suggesting to add stimpacks in STS-25, I have been farming solo on operative even when it was 51 cap and no mods. Its doable, challenging and fun if you practice. Please don't do any radical changes, it would only drive people out.

If developers' purpose is to make game more active, then I would suggest to make quests grant more XP, or lower the XP requirement itself. Additional napalm like gun (probably a nerfed version if you like) to help people who can't afford one would help a lot as well.

We recently got update so I don't know if developers have that in mind right now. Even if they do, I think 56 would be the next cap with high amount of XP requirement. And new arbiter would be nice if possible.
    The "developers"= Cinco Barnes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

New level cap and maybe a new map? and if possible new gear, the game has only had STS-25 as a high level map since 2013 i believe? And the gear we have now has been reused and reskinned since 2012/2013 to now, i know what i'm asking for is a lot here but just my opinion for what the game could use in the future, thank you Cinco for all you do.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Better would be to completely remove the leaderboards since it will lose any meaning at all.
    This is definitely an option.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Att

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Oh no, please don't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree please don't, many of us players have put in a huge effort to get up there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

The "developers"= Cinco Barnes.

Haha yea I know.
    90% of rogues are trolls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    With whatever changes you make, can you please buff operative? Its really weak compared to Engi and Com in PvE. Perhaps add a little HP per DEX?
    90% of rogues are trolls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

With whatever changes you make, can you please buff operative? Its really weak compared to Engi and Com in PvE. Perhaps add a little HP per DEX?
    Shush!! (And it's engineer that's weak)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to oraweun For This Useful Post:

Att

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Level cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Imo, I'd like to see a future level cap. That way, it keeps the game alive and would bring in new players. It would also help if you guys would promote future level caps and brand new content in it. Enabling the xp and kills everywhere system would get boring after a long while since you're being kept in recycle mode; log on, farm kills, log off and repeat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yea level cap is the definite yes, everyone will say yes to the level cap of course..... honestly if the kills/xp stay back to normal that’s fine, the loot that was available though during that time was nice, I was actually able to farm some credits(only like 10-20k) but that’s by myself just from clearing inventory a few times . Idk lvl cap of course yes, loot definite yes because mods just consumed everyone’s money ....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jdiddydavis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cinco I need to contact you personally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It’s funny Cinco makes a poll and most people are scared because they don’t want their answer of voting in the pull to jeopardize a future level cap. I for one read this as you get kills/xp added or a level cap. No where in the polling does it say no kills/xp and future level cap. People seem to have unclear understandings which is why only 13 people have actually voted.

As a new play of 2 days, I reached lvl 50 and have been enjoying this game. It is a lot harder now to level since the event, but maybe that isn’t such a bad thing.

I advise you do a week of xp/kills everywhere enabled before the expansion comes out and that will help people get 55.

I know from past experience from PL if you aren’t capped before the new expansion comes out, when it does you won’t find anyone to help you level. Everyone will be racing to the new cap and gear.

I personally think you should clarify if their will be a new cap regsrdless if people want kills/xp enabled, or if that will effect the potential of a new level cap.

I think once you do this as a developer more people will vote on the poll.

I love SL it’s a breath of fresh air from playing PL for 6 years, Sts as a company makes some really solid games!
    Last edited by MakeSLGreatAgain; 06-06-2018 at 05:25 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MakeSLGreatAgain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Bringing Ideas.
    1.- The Update was absolutely awesome, there's non need to change anything about it, I feel like the game came back to life again.

2.- The only thing is, it would be awesome if you guys reduce the percentage of meeting the spamming BOTS and a bit of their HP and like 30%-40% of their damage. They're annoying and overpowered.

3.- The whole game was in decandence, we have a money crysis, nobody has enough and they don't play to farm money because the mobs and the boxes don't give enough. We need something like a Weekly event which let's us obtain a certain amount of gold (20k max-30k max) by doing quests or killing mobs in a New map (etc).

4.- Vanity Drop rates are bad. I don't have to add anything to this statement.

5.- How come that we can't interact with a SpaceShip in a Space based Game? I know it's not easy to find something new and bring it to the game, but we could get Spaceships like the houses in Arcane Legends, or a Mini game in Star Legends that let us use spaceships and receive a reward, I don't know... Im just giving Ideas.

6. - What about the avaible faces in the game? I think we need new fresh looks and more Space-Pirate kind of looks! New hairstyles will also be welcomed! And I have to mention that the black face in the game is bugged. The black man looks like he don't have a mouth... Because the face skin color is almost the same with the mouth color... You guys definetely need to fix this.

7.- The game is Eventually becoming more active, this is something to celebrate! What about a redesign of the blackstar base? I don't mean change the whole Blackstar Base from zero, I mean, new features, re-color something... And I want to add that we could get an Auction and Stash acces in Numa base and Voleria base, this would be just perfect

8. We need more emotes. We don't have enough with 8 emotes.

I hope you guys read it.

Escanor��
    Last edited by Escanor; 06-07-2018 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Centronel gave me the idea of new Emotes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Shush!! (And it's engineer that's weak)

Sure buddy
    90% of rogues are trolls