Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Private Messages...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

People who think everything is about them are not likely to remain my friends. Anyone who gets mad at me knows I get mad back. I don't remember the last time a friend was mad at me though. It's the internets. I would like to believe intelligent people know messages get lost and/or delayed, people get sleepy, etc etc etc. Unless you are sitting right next to them...

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    No but it gives hope which is a powerful thing in AL.

We are all just having a fun discussion. It is an interesting and important feature and we need to look thoroughly before considering it for implementation or not. This is what a forum is for after all.

P.S.
    It is not right to ask to close the thread because it no longer align with your interest since this feature would affect everyone in AL.
    Well as long as you're having "fun" that's ok. I don't feel so bad now. I'll take off and leave you to it..I still think it's a good idea so I'll agree to disagree with your argument against it. It costs nothing to be polite. ☺️

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It’s a G A M E. Devs don’t need to be worrying about these kind of “quality of life improvements.” If you get scammed, well then that’s your fault, just like it would be in real life. If you don’t reply to your “friends” when they send you a pm because you’re “busy” and they get mad at you for that, then that’s their fault. Why are they so sensitive? Why do you even care that they got mad? Are they that needy? Are you their parent who needs to attend to their needs 24/7? I’m pretty sure not. Thumbs down to this and everyone arguing about this topic. No need for a DnD, this isn’t a text messaging app, it’s a game.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dtrigueros For This Useful Post:

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Don't know why everyone has to be so rude about this topic. If you don't like the idea. -1 and move along...no reason to make it so personal.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Don't know why everyone has to be so rude about this topic. If you don't like the idea. -1 and move along...no reason to make it so personal.
    I disagree and thus will punch your cutest family member, unless it's a doge- I like doges.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 208
Size:  110.0 KB

I like dagz

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I think you didn’t read, understand or underestimate the negative effects this will have on the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why speculate and have unnecessary debate?
    We all are part of the same community that you speak of. Everyone is entitled to their opinion same as you are, hence you don't have to generalize your comments shielding community. Just speak for yourself.

We get it, you dont want this feature, as Java said just -1 and move on, no need to quote others to prove your point.

Devs are better equipped and experienced to understand the drawbacks of a feature. Lets leave it to them to decide if it can be implemented or not.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

this isn’t a text messaging app, it’s a game.
    It is for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Its alright they are just "young grasshoppers" . They will learn sooner or later.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Why speculate and have unnecessary debate?
    We all are part of the same community that you speak of. Everyone is entitled to their opinion same as you are, hence you don't have to generalize your comments shielding community. Just speak for yourself.

We get it, you dont want this feature, as Java said just -1 and move on, no need to quote others to prove your point.

Devs are better equipped and experienced to understand the drawbacks of a feature. Lets leave it to them to decide if it can be implemented or not.
    Ironic how you are telling me not to quote others and don’t -1 like java suggested. Instead, you need to quote me and this is the same reason I can’t -1 and move on. Java and I are good friends but she is wrong to say -1 and move on as it does not provide any insights into why this should not be implemented.

P.s good job, this comment of yours did 0% contribution to the topic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Ironic how you are telling me not to quote others and don’t -1 like java suggested. Instead, you need to quote me and this is the same reason I can’t -1 and move on. Java and I are good friends but she is wrong to say -1 and move on as it does not provide any insights into why this should not be implemented.

P.s good job, this comment of yours did 0% contribution to the topic!
    You are just repeating the same rant, like that adds any value to the discussion.
    Anyway, never mind. I can only reason with a person who is intellectually capable of understanding it. Hence I ll conclude and move on, as you certainly can not.

PS: Feel free to continue to quote me, but do not expect further response.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I can only reason with a person who is intellectually capable of understanding it. Hence I ll conclude and move on, as you certainly can not.

PS: Feel free to continue to quote me, but do not expect further response.
    Meh... you say this all the time to anyone who has opposing views to you.

This feature would be extremely helpful for me because I get pms all the time and I can't always keep up but I think it will 100% more damaging to AL community than helpful which is why I am against it. I personally have nothing to lose from this feature but the overall community (especially new players) does which is why I am against it. I speak for myself and the people I know in AL.

I am speculating because that is what any logical person does before implementing a feature including devs. They are not gonna implement a feature without being aware of what it can and could do to the community. I am pretty sure this feature would get abused extensively. If it is implemented you will see. Quote me.

P.s. I have a good feeling this feature wont get implemented so I will move on.
    Last edited by Azerothraven; 06-07-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

P.s. I have a good feeling this feature wont get implemented so I will move on.
    A lot of the features we suggest aren't implemented lol. But after thinking this over, I think you are right. I would love to have this. However, I can see people blocking me with this system and using it as a way to ignore me without deleting me from their friends' list, and vice versa. Also, truth be told I would honestly forget that I had this option turned on in settings :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tippertwo View Post
    A lot of the features we suggest aren't implemented lol. But after thinking this over, I think you are right. I would love to have this. However, I can see people blocking me with this system and using it as a way to ignore me without deleting me from their friends' list, and vice versa. Also, truth be told I would honestly forget that I had this option turned on in settings :3
    Hi there Tipper. I didn't mean that individual players would be stopped from messaging. All players would be affected by one tap of the option. Then, when the maps, crafting etc. are done, the option to receive messages would be switched back on. I did say in my original post that I expected opposition to this idea but I am surprised at the hostility towards it by some players. It may have been thought of already, someone pointed it out after this thread that it could be implemented after they viewed what the expansion changes are. I think most players would only use it when necessary, I certainly would only use it whilst playing a difficult map or if I was busy..for instance.. no-one really likes to be disturbed whilst doing a respec. I'm too chatty to keep it on for long and I think that goes for most people. One of the main reasons I enjoy this game is for the social side. Take care. 🙂

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Hi there Tipper. I didn't mean that individual players would be stopped from messaging. All players would be affected by one tap of the option. Then, when the maps, crafting etc. are done, the option to receive messages would be switched back on. I did say in my original post that I expected opposition to this idea but I am surprised at the hostility towards it by some players. It may have been thought of already, someone pointed it out after this thread that it could be implemented after they viewed what the expansion changes are. I think most players would only use it when necessary, I certainly would only use it whilst playing a difficult map or if I was busy..for instance.. no-one really likes to be disturbed whilst doing a respec. I'm too chatty to keep it on for long and I think that goes for most people. One of the main reasons I enjoy this game is for the social side. Take care. ��
    I would use it when I wanted 110% focus on game with zero interruptions .
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Hi there Avaree. That's what I meant but I guess I was long winded with my explanation. 🙂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Hi there Avaree. That's what I meant but I guess I was long winded with my explanation.
    Exactly. Tho some people can create drama everywhere and already are telling how it would be good feature for scammers only... Got scammed, blame yourself. Thread closed.

I hope devs will consider this idea. It's really good and it should be available since we can also mute GC chat and ain't nobody has problem with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Actually, PLEASE PUT THIS IN THE GAME XD. There are times where I want to go to my house and just do nothing and relax a bit. Can’t really do that when I’m getting bombarded 24/7 to help my guildies who only want my help bc it goes faster :3. Don’t get me wrong; I love helping others, but there comes a point when everyone needs a break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nohealth View Post
    Exactly. Tho some people can create drama everywhere and already are telling how it would be good feature for scammers only... Got scammed, blame yourself. Thread closed.

I hope devs will consider this idea. It's really good and it should be available since we can also mute GC chat and ain't nobody has problem with that.

Most of the features and good comments gets ignored by Devs because of the people who create drama and get the thread locked.
    Looking at this thread, it feels like they do it intentionally; taking ownership of the community (generalizing their own opinion and putting it on all), picking fights and taunting everyone to evolve drama, making good comments disappear between rants. I mean no one got time to read all those posts.

The way I see it: total of 20 members of the community posted in this thread - 4 out of them disagree for the feature and 1 is ranting about it.
    Well, all we can do is stop feeding the troll. Keep the thread to the point and short.

I ll conclude with another quote that I say all the time: "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

@Tipper: Now you know why most of the features don't get implemented
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Most of the features and good comments gets ignored by Devs because of the people who create drama and get the thread locked.
    Looking at this thread, it feels like they do it intentionally; taking ownership of the community (generalizing their own opinion and putting it on all), picking fights and taunting everyone to evolve drama, making good comments disappear between rants. I mean no one got time to read all those posts.

The way I see it: total of 20 members of the community posted in this thread - 4 out of them disagree for the feature and 1 is ranting about it.
    Well, all we can do is stop feeding the troll. Keep the thread to the point and short.

I ll conclude with another quote that I say all the time: "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

@Tipper: Now you know why most of the features don't get implemented
    I read pretty much everything on forum and
    I am neutral on this topic but

I dont think that is the reason why features are not implemented if this was the case KM3 would be back like 6/8 months ago when a majority of the community wanted it back and threads would appear on it like every month. I think when sts sees something they like or dont like they look into it further so I would not assume that. ( I dont know the process).

But 20 members, now being 21, I dont think this is a good amount of opinions to judge whether a feature should come or not even if all of them are +1 or -1. A lot of people in AL dont come to forum as you know already and most of us here in forum are like hardcore fans so our arguments are one sided. Either way, we all want the best for AL so let's not pick on others for difference in opinions.
    Fight Me -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Continental View Post
    I read pretty much everything on forum and
    I am neutral on this topic but

I dont think that is the reason why features are not implemented if this was the case KM3 would be back like 6/8 months ago when a majority of the community wanted it back and threads would appear on it like every month. I think when sts sees something they like or dont like they look into it further so I would not assume that. ( I dont know the process).

But 20 members, now being 21, I dont think this is a good amount of opinions to judge whether a feature should come or not even if all of them are +1 or -1. A lot of people in AL dont come to forum as you know already and most of us here in forum are like hardcore fans so our arguments are one sided. Either way, we all want the best for AL so let's not pick on others for difference in opinions.
    I guess you misunderstand my post. To elaborate: I wasn't implying that devs make decision based on the count of +/-1 (polls are forbidden on forums anyway). What I meant was repetitive rants and quoting others to prove one's point is useless, increasing the count of such posts only shadows the constructive feedbacks. Devs have made this clear many times, for example:

Attachment 168588
    Mind that my post was big but he chose to quote a specific para out of it.

The fact of the matter is people who are on forums plays a very big role (I mean to the extent that goblin event lb reward was created by forum members), but they do not speak for the rest of the players in the game who are not on forums. No one should take ownership of the community and put their own opinion as community's opinion. We should not speculate what players who are not here think about something, we should only put our opinion forward.

PS: I will make this post my last on this thread. Because I believe if people continue to quote me after this post then either they don't understand my perspective or they are trying to get some fight out of me, and I shall skip that to enjoy my weekend . Good day all.
    Retired

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post: