Thread: Time to get rid of the fireworks

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default Time to get rid of the fireworks

Does anyone else remember a time when seeing a locked crate drop brought a smile to your face? What a feeling that was. Nowadays this is no longer the case. Locks are worth little more than a deary egg. I feel like I am being trolled everytime one drops and the fireworks start. What are we celebrating exactly? It's becoming a pain to even sell them now and very soon you probably won't be able to give them away. This should never have been allowed to happen. Locks made the game great . So let's get rid of the fireworks and maybe replace them with something more appropriate like an animation of Nekro crying or something.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to macgreaze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macgreaze View Post
    Does anyone else remember a time when seeing a locked crate drop brought a smile to your face? What a feeling that was. Nowadays this is no longer the case. Locks are worth little more than a deary egg. I feel like I am being trolled everytime one drops and the fireworks start. What are we celebrating exactly? It's becoming a pain to even sell them now and very soon you probably won't be able to give them away. This should never have been allowed to happen. Locks made the game great . So let's get rid of the fireworks and maybe replace them with something more appropriate like an animation of Nekro crying or something.
    Locks are jokes now. Sts need to address this and make them great again. BRING BACK KM3!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Also please bring back the good old gold/red color of it . Its so simple but looks amazing .
    Idk maybe im just attached to it because it was so much fun farming them .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macgreaze View Post
    So let's get rid of the fireworks and maybe replace them with something more appropriate like an animation of Nekro crying or something.
    This made my day, thank you. XD

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I don't miss 10k-20k plat for one arcane. So nope. Gimme the new event crates any day.

Star light, star bright...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Something needs to be done. The lock was the original thing everyone hoped would drop. Its the original crate. That's why it has the fire works. I don't know the exact reasons why they dropped so low in price but I'm guessing gl and too many events with too many crates are to blame. . The fireworks imply it is a super special drop when in reality it's now one of the cheapest in the game.
    Last edited by Lojack; 06-06-2018 at 03:09 PM. Reason: jeez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Hopefully new crates will be implemented with expansion and they will imply nice loots....
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Remember that pet eggs have the same effect even now in maps. The point your making applies to crates and eggs. There are no more hold your breathe moments in the game anymore. We need more ultra rare farming ingredients or items added to maps to make those fireworks relevant again.

Every boss in at least the current maps and events should have the chance to drop something ultra rare. It just makes the game interesting and exciting. Think the Valentine's day event. Although things dropped a lot during that one, but either way it was fun cause you knew something valuable might drop!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

hmmm. I rarely get egg drops even with lepre. Apart from the basic ones, eggs still seem to be sellable. I bought a lock for 500 the other day. That's a joke. As someone who left late 14 and recently returned a few months ago with a few hours here and there in between I found it very hard to adjust at first

I used to make my gold on farming locks with lepre. Now you have gl and also the people farming gems. I've heard with aegis and Magma you can get hundreds of gems easy. My personal opinion is that gl has spoiled (not ruined) the game.

By spoiled I mean the idea was good but the implementation is retarded. We all know those nerds that shout they're going to give it 110% effort on the next maths test but is that even possible? Surely you can only give 100%. Why not set a 100% cap. Now the game is run by the rich or plat buyers. Heroic Fenris a few weeks ago was 400k now 1 million.

I'm not saying it's not possible to make money now as when I left in 2014 I gave all my stuff away and on my return it only took a week or so to get back to where I was. However I was a high level. In 2014 I remember buying and selling vanities daily to try different ones. You could loot a lvl 16 legendary weapon and sell it for a lot as there was twinks. Now most legendary items don't sell. Everyone now "merches", so the only legit option left for new players is to grind until they level up and unlock graveyard.

How many new players want to wait until lvl 60 before they can afford cool stuff? Not many which is why so many beg. Arcane Legends is clearly now in its "endgame". I think this expansion will be it's last. I'd be interested to see the numbers now compared to those who played a few years ago.
    Last edited by macgreaze; 06-06-2018 at 05:11 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to macgreaze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Also please bring back the good old gold/red color of it . Its so simple but looks amazing .
    Idk maybe im just attached to it because it was so much fun farming them .
    Locked grand of the watch days ^^ I get ya. Struggled so hard to get a lepre pendant just to farm jarl all day and sell the locks. Before that I had to spend lots of gold for luck elixir. Those days are over now

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
    BACK FROM A HIATUS

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MegaVordred For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think they need to bring back farming platinum off of hard bosses.....that was exciting!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default Time to get rid of the fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by Killnseason View Post
    I think they need to bring back farming platinum off of hard bosses.....that was exciting!!!
    Ahem....cough..cough...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

They need to remove all ways of farming locked and make it so it can only be farmed at KM3 and reduce the drop rate for a while.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Well a long time ago they were suppose to rotate arc eggs and heroics on weekends(I could be wrong, correct me if you know please) but they must have had a better idea for the eggs. There is such a surplus of locks atm, not sure what they can do. Just allow us to turn a regular lock into a blue awakening gem( I know, sounds weird.) Or something to get rid of all these. Locks are at the absolute lowest price since I started playing, like by a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Right now locked are selling for 1k. There should be liquidation price of, say, 1k or 2k, so that you are guaranteed that amount if you delete it from inventory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

I say time to bring back the fireworks for the fireworks!