Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IGN giveaway contest! :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Red face IGN giveaway contest! :3

I have too many toons and decided to give away a ign it's a cool one but it's a mystery untill I pick the winner who will receive it :3

All I'm asking for is a short story of how you came across AL and what's made you stay with AL all these wonderful years

Contest starts today 8th June

Ends next week Thursday 14th June 7pm gmt UK

GOOD LUCK GUYS / GIRLS
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kairihearts For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Hmm ... where to begin ...
    Well my brothers played it and enjoyed it. I played it at first, hated it, then never went on it again for like weeks and weeks xD. (And also, if I don't like a game as soon as i start playing it most likely I'll never reopen the app). I started playing AL again (mostly cause I was bored) and kinda enjoyed it. It was hard, since I was low lvl, and hard to make any gold. My favorite part of the game was all the guilds I've joined and all the friends I've made along the way (who, I honestly just logged on the game to talk to :3) ... and now I'm addicted :3 End of story xD.
    P.S ... Hoping for my #3
    Last edited by Tippertwo; 06-07-2018 at 10:41 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippertwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

My best friend in 2012 wanted us to play a game together and we found AL. He eventually quit and so did I since I didnt know anyone playing it;I was nab from 2013-2015 coming on and off again only during major events But what made me stay after 2016 was the GM of Farming Base "metasa" who is currently banned. She and the officers of the guild was extremely helpful in levelling and tips on how to farm gold.

I quit mainly because the game was too hard for me at cap 21 since I didn't know how to farm gold or xp. I didnt understand concept for farming since this was my first mmo. I quit when the crab monster at kraken was soo hard i could never kill him even with 4 players but came came back on and off during this time and quit many times until I came back at cap 46 when I joined Farming Base. Everyone there was soo friendly and helpful and welcomiing; they were all farmers and no merchants, humble sincere and no scammers. I stayed because of this reason. It was not a person but a guild I felt a part of. I farmed km3 with them, took part in first elon event in 2016 and levelled up with their help on maps and bosses and received support when I got scammed.

I looked upto the gm and she looked sooo nice because she had 25m gold vanity and wanted to be just like her when I was rich. Now I can afford like 50 of those sets but I realise it is a waste of gold and would rather giveaway that much gold to randoms,

In the end, I moved away from farming to merching as i was very good at it and made way more gold. I eventually was the oldest officer in the guild and became Gm for a time but guild is now disbanded. But overall, a good guild is what made me stay in AL. It can make all the difference.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Long story short.
    I was bored so I started Googling some Multi-player games. I found quite few so night-testing-session has begun
    I liked AL the most so I stayed. I didn't even knew English properly when I started the game haha. Somehow managed to communicate with people here and there but it encouraged me to learn English and so I did. Back to the point
    What made me stay in AL and Comeback are wonderful friends. They always been there for me (even after long crisis break from AL) and I can rely on them more than my irl "friends". Some might read it and think it's kind of stupid but you have to know that feeling to understand it ^_^

So I came across AL randomly, and stayed because of best people I've meet in my life (and mom thinks I'm anti-social LOL)

It's great that we can share and read others player's story about AL even if it's form of giveaway participation.
    Good Luck to everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I was about 15 when i was just searching play store to find a good game. Then i saw AL there and it was 6mb XD. the graphics i saw in the pictures couldnt match that size so it was kinda weird for me and I installed it just to see it is real or not. Yea when I noticed it has internal download i got really frustrated. I felt like i got fooled

When i entered windmoore i saw the public chats and i found out you can send private chats too! I was like "Damn! you can chat in this game???". my native language was not english so i was looking for some way to improve my EN. and in that time there were not many games with this possibility (or at least i didnt find)

Another "Damn!!" happened When i saw i can trade with others. i was like dying lol cause when i was a kid i really like this kind of stuff and i would sit somewhere and trading toys and imaginary gold with , well , myself xd

"Damn!! You guys here too??" yea when i saw ppl from my country then i was sure this perfect-for-me never-seen-before game is the best game i could install. so those 3 damns made me play it for years till now
    Last edited by slr; 06-08-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I found al by looking in Google play store for top games. I started playing al right before dead city I first made a tank and I got to the last cap then quit out of boredom. Then I made a different email acc and tried rogue and hated it because it was one hit character. When I came back again I made it right before Halloween so I made the ig. Hallweeen and I chose rogue this time. When I entered my first map with all the new players all lvl 2 there was an ign named icarsia and I asked him if he wanted to be my best friend on al and he said yes so we got into a separate pt and lvled each other. We didn't know about line so we made a kik and texted each other when we were off. We played 2 seasons together. We also decided to make a guild called nordr masters and it was great for a while and was extremely active. But as it eventually died as we lvled all of them and they left we left it on an alt to create the cryptics and at that point my best friend quit the game and disappeared forever to never be seen again (was extremely depressing) and so (being a noob) I sought out new friends and I found braggadocio and he helped me become the rogue I am today. He taught me how to farm elites and gold and kraken. And when planar tombs came out we farmed it like crazy and I eventually got the gear and passed the test to join elite runners which I fell in Love with. Then I took a break for a few months and when I came back I had few friends left. Braggadocio eventually quit and left me all alone. So I joined the collective and met socmudd who helped me with gear and dragged me on runs. Then I became an officer in the collective and helped it grow and grow. Until it was disbanded months later. I fell in love with so because of my friends who helped me along the way and the guilds that all helped each other. The maps are fun, yet tedious. There's so much to do there is no way to get bored. But I will always miss the friends who helped me get here today.

Rip braggadocio, socmudd, icarsia (who changed his name to fallweeen to match me) and many more friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

All wonderful stories keep them coming whoooooooo :3
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I was at seventh grade when a friend introduced me to this game so we could play together (we both met from another game and she invited me to play this), she guided me all the way to Dead City until some arguments occur and friendship over, I continued playing because I was interested with the game mechanics and how it's different from the other games I have played...
    I can't beat Tindirin that time because I have no decent gears, so I most of the time stay at Guild Castles and interact with other players... Someone invited me to join their guild and there's where the fun actually started.
    Now, I'm right here chillin' at Exped, wondering what to do because my lovely guildmates who guided me are offline or busy. xD
    ]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rikochhan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

It all started when I was scrolling my way through the google store last March 2013 when the game was new... A year old ^^(I'm an oldie bleh :P)

I really never knew what I was doing ingame, nor where to use my attributes on.

So, I basically equalled them 50/50/50. I was the biggest nab tank I could ever think of xd. I only joined 2 guilds at that time which is; Makaveli and my family guild, High Society. High Society is and only the guild I could always think of I were to return into the game ^^

not only the game shows you self- hardwork and inspiration to grind. But the people around you ingame who's willing to help you in your needs is the most precious thing you could ever think of. The AL community. This is the reason why I kept playing the game. New friends go by; and the oldies will stay by.

Farming before was the best. The Grand Locks of the Watch days. Where Jarl will never sleep from getting beaten up over and over again ( he deserves it muahaha). This gave me the thrive to go bigger. Bought lots of luck elixirs (I couldn't afford the lepre at that time). Till I finally bought my first lepre. Which was a huge deal for me ^^

After sometime; I stopped playing because of Real life issues and lack of time playing. Stopped during the Egg event 2 yrs ago where they first introduced the golden egg.
    I never touched AL ever since

2yrs later;
    At the bed; doing nothing.
    And a snap went through my mind.
    "I wonder what happened to AL all these years"
    So, I redownloaded the game and check what was new. My only mindset at first was to meet my old friends and guildies( Since they delete your friend list for 6 months inactivity)
    And so it began.
    New contents that I have never seen before.

Awakenings, Masu, Heroic pets, gold loot and all those baloni that I had to chew up.

It toke me 3 weeks for me to get stable with the game. And I'm here today;
    Grinding my way through and help fellow friends in need. Greet people every morning and night.

This is why I stayed and returned to the game

The end

*bows*
    *Waves*
    *Close curtain*

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
    BACK FROM A HIATUS

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MegaVordred For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Only day one I'm already amazed at these stories going to be mega hard to pick a winner :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

^^ gl to all :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairihearts View Post
    Only day one I'm already amazed at these stories going to be mega hard to pick a winner :3
    Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
    BACK FROM A HIATUS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

7 entry's so far need 3 more I love all these storys I will have to put all names in hat and pull one out so it's all fair :3

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kairihearts For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I was 1 year old. I was bored sucking my thumb all the time. Second after second, minute after minute, hour after hour, I sucked my thumb. Then I thought to myself - why suck my thumb when I can suck at AL? So the saga began.

I was on the starting screen of AL. Remember, my goal was to suck. Looking at the classes - warrior, rogue, sorcerer, it was obvious what the easiest way to suck was. It would be to choose a tank, and do literally nothing. Lo and behold, I was right. I became a tank, and no one would ever invite me to any party. Because I sucked. And I died. And I did no damage.

Those were happiest days of my life. Instead of my thumb being in my mouth, it was on the device. Now, you might think my right thumb was used to press the skills, but you'd be wrong. I only used it to tap players in towns and say "give golds sir please only 10k I need egg, plsss." Throughout this time, my suck level was around 42. But I needed to reach 100. I *had* to come up with new ways to suck.

I found it. Locked crates were released. This was a risk - either I would suck by opening hundreds of them and getting nothing, or I would not suck and loot a rare item. I couldn't sleep that night. It was very, very hard to decide whether I should open crates, in case I looted something and my suck level dropped 30 points. I decided to play it safe, and not open them.

So, I began toiling away at increasing my suck level. Of course, I did the obvious things like not put 2 second immunity on my heal, aggro all mobs and die so that my party would also die, begged for gold, block in pvp so that people couldn't join, take the flag from people who were flagging, etc. All the usual stuff.

At around the time my suck level reached 69, I had a revelation. I knew how to get it up to 100. This was the light - this was the perfect way. I would get a party, and not suck for the whole map, and help my team survive (lowering my suck level to 60). But, at the very end, I would aggro all the mobs to the boss when it had 5% hp, my team would all die, then I would also die, and reset the boss hp to max.

I had reached suck level of 100. My mission was complete.

L
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

ROFL noodles u joker haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Imma keep mine short and wonderful... so I was playing a game called pocket legends when out of know where arcane legends came in and snapped pl away from spacetime ( like how thanos snapped half the universe in marvels comics... spoiler alert*** legends say spiderman, doctor strange and even the heroic groot is floating in air right to this day...) and so i thought al was the best game in my 13 years old mind... with the legendary malison and the capture the flag pvp kept me addicted until I was banned ( it wasn't my fault ). Came back on 2018 new years eve and yea thats my amazing story of al.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Lol Wowdah..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My story is very very short. Basically i found AL in appstorr as editors choice and the story began from there XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I found AL back in... middle school, when I first got a tablet. I remember evening buying plat at some point because I loved the game so much, and I bought the fury vanity that I had until a couple years back when I sold it for like 300K. Still kind of regret selling it because I know I'll never have the excess gold to buy it back, and I've rejoined the game every once and a while now just because its fun. My guild still hasn't kicked me out which is amazing (LOVE them).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Change my mind will use a random name generator it's too hard to pick only 3 hours left!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'm excited!!!! Good luck to everyone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk