10 Posts

what is gcd - ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsofjane View Post
    "Skim was one of the best PvP birds, hands down"

Let me correct you here. Skim was one of the best PvP multitouch birds, hands down"
    And how do you differentiate a multi-toucher from a quick tapper? You can't. I've played with him before and after, and believe me, barely anything has changed with how he plays.

Multi-touching was a very minimal difference exaggerated by players on minimum devices with high ping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mejslll View Post
    what is gcd - ?
    Gobal cool down, right? Correct me if I am wrong...
    They made a delay in the time you were able to use your next skill, so that you couldnt use a stylist or tool to be able to tap more than one skill at a time, which... who knows but skimmey whether he used a tool or his hand.. but... only the bird could multitouch their skills.

and yea, you can tell a difference in a multitoucher and a quick tapper.

But now this thread is way off track, if you want to continue this discussion, I will, but someone make a new thread.
    Last edited by Jewelsofjane; 12-14-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Actually skim wasnt that good was very easy to beat. Xrax was decent and hmm couldnt take getting beat cause gcd. Gcd changed everything, made pvp more strategic rather then just luck.
    A bird i wish i could face again is Lone. Lone as warbird was probably unbeatable at his time. I would love face him in dex build. Come from a person who had countless battles with them. But they r the past not so cant say they r any good in this era. As everything changed. For rushgtfo he have backed up with all his talk with wins over some decent pvpers, so have give him his credit. But rush nopoint putting gold vs a pally, it be a mistake even a new pally is hard to beat. Vsing a pally like kar, always and ghost who been pally most there pl life will get you nowhere. Every build have its weakness as counter part of a pally is a full int mage as i can beat and pally with a int mage. But int mage would have a hard time vs a full dex bird. as dex bird have hard time vsing a str bird. No build is perfect and nobody can say they r pro or the best because nobody is the best. No such thing is unbeatable now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TruePlayer For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

lmao sorry...... when I saw that you added skimmeys name I about died. So you would classify someone who multitouched, and now that it makes it impossible to multitouch he can't compete now which is why he refuses to play, a pro? no way.....

I'll give it to Xrax and hmmhmm, but... how would we even know if they aren't around to challenge? And has Xrax even played since GCD?, because from what I understand it was a game changer, and those that were good before have become somewhat average. Those that can adapt to the curve are the ones that have been able to compete at the top.

"Now, no wonder there's so many haters, eh?" --- Yes we know.... the reason we named it the rusher.... Please don't misunderstand me, I am in no way defending my guild or the name of it. I like it. It was a joke between me and rush and happened in about all of 2 min, and I never thought anything of it, thinking we would be the only 2 in it forever lol.

As far as a match with rush? It's on, he would love too... even though last match.... I try to be kind and just, I wont save your name this time. So let us know a good time, we will be glad to set that up. Rush loves to play for money too if your interested, but he will do it just for the match if you want.

As time passes, don't underestimate Rush's pvp ability. He may not be in the "top tier" now, but he is not one who is going to stop progressing to get better and be satisfied with as is. If you pvpd him at a lower level and at the current level, you would see what I mean. As I have told my guildies over and over, If you never challenge yourself with those who are tough, than you will never get any better at pvp. You win a few and lose a lot, but in the end your on top. (just realized that rhymed, lmao... umm yea.. Im a nerd, but a smexy nerd )
    Hahah I must admit this is funny over a game. I'll play just for the fun of it jewels. Clearly this issue matters some what to you if u you have the guts to go up against 50 other people who would gladly agree with me.

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TruePlayer View Post
    Actually skim wasnt that good was very easy to beat. Xrax was decent and hmm couldnt take getting beat cause gcd. Gcd changed everything, made pvp more strategic rather then just luck.
    A bird i wish i could face again is Lone. Lone as warbird was probably unbeatable at his time. I would love face him in dex build. Come from a person who had countless battles with them. But they r the past not so cant say they r any good in this era. As everything changed. For rushgtfo he have backed up with all his talk with wins over some decent pvpers, so have give him his credit. But rush nopoint putting gold vs a pally, it be a mistake even a new pally is hard to beat. Vsing a pally like kar, always and ghost who been pally most there pl life will get you nowhere. Every build have its weakness as counter part of a pally is a full int mage as i can beat and pally with a int mage. But int mage would have a hard time vs a full dex bird. as dex bird have hard time vsing a str bird. No build is perfect and nobody can say they r pro or the best because nobody is the best. No such thing is unbeatable now.
    Everyone know I best bird. Best bird no weakness all easy for best bird like me.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    There is an end game guild called "The rusher" going around rushing games. Luckily they arent very good and I do enjoy rushing them! Rushers get rushed! Muaha.
    "the rusher..." Always makes the fun go away.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Everyone know I best bird. Best bird no weakness all easy for best bird like me.
    EVERY
    build and class has a weakness.
    And I would like to vs. lone. :|

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Gotta agree w trueplayer for a sec. GCD did change everything. Many ppl got discovered to be "fake" meaning they multi commanded. It was easy to see who did and who did not ESPECIALLY afterwards. Many quit seemingly out of shame or embarassment. Many new strats, builds, classes, and skills came out in the aftermath. Birds without of a doubt got nerfed which was well needed, they ruled and it was completly unfair.

Now I hope this discussion does persist, and does not get locked. The truth is pvp community are very competitive individuals who have pride and are willing to show it.
    Real recognize real, and although Rush is not the best ATM he has a certain ambition which any competitive person must respect. I've disagreed with some of his approach and methods in the past and believe you me we had our run ins. PvP is lacking such ambition and determination. Nowadays it is just go lightly and lab style matches.
    As for me, he knows I am someone he must go through, and I,realize I am in his crosshairs. He reminds me a little of myself as I approached the 50 cap. I guarantee I won't lose and this goes for everyone. Anyone can win once, anyone can beat anyone sometimes, one round does not mean absolute victory. It is the consistancy at which you win vs all sorts in all conditions that makes you top. So with that said, just bc you won a round vs a good player does not necessarily mean you,are better and if you think you are, you're merely fooling yourself.

@swimmingstar I best bird.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Hahah I must admit this is funny over a game. I'll play just for the fun of it jewels. Clearly this issue matters some what to you if u you have the guts to go up against 50 other people who would gladly agree with me.
    Im not sure what you mean...... yea idk. and what am I going against 50 other people with? Please explain, cuz this blonde is lost.

If you mean the connection of "rushing" and our guild name "the rusher" lol dude I dont think I can make it anymore clear to you.... We dont care......we just plain dont care lmao. We are both very competitive, but believe it or not, both very laid back as well and love to joke and have fun.

It is true though that at this cap level, classes are so very different with gear etc. I guess that is where "best bird" tourney really matters. Maybe we should have "best int mage" and "best pally" tourney as well. Lol I dont want to be a judge in the pally tourney though cuz those fights can last years lol....
    Last edited by Jewelsofjane; 12-14-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Im not sure what you mean...... yea idk. and what am I going against 50 other people with? Please explain, cuz this blonde is lost.

If you mean the connection of "rushing" and our guild name "the rusher" lol dude I dont think I can make it anymore clear to you.... We dont care......we just plain dont care lmao. We are both very competitive, but believe it or not, both very laid back as well and love to joke and have fun.

It is true though that at this cap level, classes are so very different with gear etc. I guess that is where "best bird" tourney really matters. Maybe we should have "best int mage" and "best pally" tourney as well. Lol I dont want to be a judge in the pally tourney though cuz those fights can last years lol....
    That's exactly what I am trying to say, that you all don't care. Kinda answered it with your response. But please jewel I'll let you win the argument because clearly this all means something to you! Have fun and see you in game!

Ghost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

this thread is the reason i love this game. everybody who is a part of this discussion i have had the pleasure to play with and against. i have respect for each and every one of you.....let's have fun killing each other

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

That's exactly what I am trying to say, that you all don't care. Kinda answered it with your response. But please jewel I'll let you win the argument because clearly this all means something to you! Have fun and see you in game!

Ghost
    Umm ok.....

On topic of the off-topic-
    I would have loved to play pvp without gcd. It really interests me what it was like.
    Last edited by Jewelsofjane; 12-14-2011 at 06:36 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewelsofjane For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Lmao ghost, what is up with u? It's almost like your trying to egg me on lol... What do u want from me? Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

xrax and skimmy were awesome birds before and after gcd(esp xrax). they were easily two of the best i have ever played with. What makes a good player isnt someone who brags to the whole world after they win a 1v1 *cough rushorgtfo*cough, but someone who is consistant and dominates any match they join. like when you see their name pop up your like ooohhh crap we are dead!!! i dont have that effect yet with some of the names mentioned here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Lmao ghost, what is up with u? It's almost like your trying to egg me on lol... What do u want from me? Lol
    Ghost loves a good argument/debate....and is also one of the classier PvP people I have run across as I have begun playing that side and getting murdered by most people on this thread. Not to mention damn good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Ghost loves a good argument/debate....and is also one of the classier PvP people I have run across as I have begun playing that side and getting murdered by most people on this thread. Not to mention damn good.
    Then I will be classy and not mention his classy behavior the other day lol. Ghost, you do know I am edensfury right?

Meh anyway, as far as "bragging", I wouldn't call it that. It seems you have to "sell" yourself to this pvp community before anyone gives u a chance. People are soooo quick to dismiss you here if your not an "oldie", on the leaderboards, etc... So what? And then the problem with that is that it is hard to pvp good people and improve yourself. So yea..... Call him AND me guilty of that... It has been a hard fight to get here just cuz we are the newbies with a no name. It is only now from this thread that we are getting any challenges from good pvpers, so I figure it is well worth it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewelsofjane For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Then I will be classy and not mention his classy behavior the other day lol. Ghost, you do know I am edensfury right?

Meh anyway, as far as "bragging", I wouldn't call it that. It seems you have to "sell" yourself to this pvp community before anyone gives u a chance. People are soooo quick to dismiss you here if your not an "oldie", on the leaderboards, etc... So what? And then the problem with that is that it is hard to pvp good people and improve yourself. So yea..... Call him AND me guilty of that... It has been a hard fight to get here just cuz we are the newbies with a no name. It is only now from this thread that we are getting any challenges from good pvpers, so I figure it is well worth it.
    He has been nothing but classy ever since I have met him. Everyone has their good and bad days. I've played with Rush a few times on his CTF team and he has never given me kr@p for not being very good either, which is appreciated.

As far as whether it is "bragging" or "selling yourself"...well, that is all a matter of perspective, here and in real life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Lmao, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I want to say I'm "selling" myself OR rush...... Totally didn't think of the other meaning when I wrote the post. Haha...Hmm oh well.

Agree with a prior poster, I have pvped I think with everyone here and I can't complain that I haven't had a lot of fun. Each of you bring in something different and challenging, and it's why I like this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Having fought most of the players here, IMO:

- Xrax was the best bird I have ever fought with (or against) and yes, he did play for a while after GCD and was still impressive, so no he was no multi toucher
    - Lone I'd say was number two. Mike also did not multitouch and often expressed contempt for those that did. He will be missed and it's a shame what happened after (especially with the drama of "the sad archer")
    - Skimmey I haven't fought that often, but the few times I did, he seemed pretty good. He doesn't seem to play often (or if he does, he's under an alt).

@Jewels
    You are talking to people in this forum who have fought Rush. He just isn't the same calibre as the players I've mentioned by consensus. Perhaps he someday will be, but having potential is not the same thing as having those skills now. And if what others are saying is true and the person is a show-off, well, don't expect admiration but rather contempt.

I consider myself to be below average compared to the top players. I have fought many of the players in this forum, sometimes winning, sometimes losing. For the most part, one thing that most do not do is kick dirt on people when they beat them and if Rush does ... well, he won't be very popular.

I don't think that whenever Rush joins a game, people think "I'm in for a tough fight". I know I did whenever Xrax or Mike joined the other team they would.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 12-14-2011 at 08:33 PM.