Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Default Functional Taxation System

This thread will consist of the following:

- Opening Remarks.

- The idea that stumbled upon my mind.

- Design / Interface of the idea and the way it works.

- Reasoning of the idea.

- Possible Problem's to this idea and Rebuttal's.

- Closing Remarks.

================================================== =

{Opening Remarks}

Hello there!

While we all anticipate for the Expansion, I have observed that the people where reasoning about how the economy would be after. Topic's such as nerfing Somberholt, adding tax within the trade window and etc...

Those issues made me figure out a method of how the WHOLE COMMUNITY would think tax will make sense now.

So, I will be deliberating about a Governmental related matter that I assure most of you, the community as whole, and the Dev's would concur.

{The idea that stumbled upon my mind}

This will be a new thing for Arcane Legends, but something that we're doing eversince in real life that seem to work.

Straight to the point, Introducing a government like system in Arcane legends. Have you ever wondered where those auction tax goes? Pretty much all where just liquidated and not put into good use, in real life situations, they would call it corruption. The act of stealing money from taxpayers, using money from taxpayers that dont benefit them.

So how about unlocking more features, Guildhalls, alternative systems etc... Once we hit a certain Tax amount to fund that feature to be established to the game.

{Design / Interface of the idea and the way it works}

To summarize this. In this category, we'll be tackling some possible questions, and the answer afterwards, and the way it works.

Basically, the way this system works is using the tax, that the auction has collected from all players using the Consigment store, to fund project's like new establishment's in town's that would benefit everyone. The poor or the rich.

The thought of this would be a Project Board, to see how much collected tax to fund that project, for example the Project Board is a list of possible establishment's that could be built if the requirement's are met. Like we need a total of "500 Million" gold tax to build another Guildhall design. Another example is we need a total of "1 Billion" gold tax to re-design the interface of the Leaderboard and so on. Basically just like funding a project to build new road's for a city.

So where to see the tax collection?

It will be another Meter bar that collect's information such as, how much tax the community cumulatively has, and the Project Board of all possible Projects. And it could be placed in a new establishment located in new town's or old town's if they can still fit, or even in the Guildhall.

How to determine or choose which feature, establishment would be introduced once the project's has been funded?

It could be either a Democratic voting system for the community, or a Monarchy system that Dev's choose. In my opinion the Dev's choosing which, is the way to go as they are the one's that know how difficult implementing a specific project is.

What the Project list consist off?

You maybe asking what we'll get once they are funded and now introduced, and here are some of my ideas:

- New Guildhall scheme / design

- An establisment that temporarily lower's the Auction Tax for 24hours, with a cooldown of "x" amount of days/weeks.

- Currency machine that let's you claim a type of currency ( except for plat and gold ) with a cooldown of 12hours.

- Another establishment that let's you craft/upgrade anything with 2x the speed that last's for 24hours, with a cooldown of "x" amount of days/weeks.

Note: this shouldn't work crafting energies, or anything related to an event.

And there is much more to add to this list.

What if we have already funded all the project's in the Project Board?

That's why we have the forum, specifically the General Discussion section, to bring in new idea's and a Dev to look after it. And later on updating the Project Board with new set's of project's.

{Reasoning of the idea}

Not much to say here as you can clearly imagine that this is far better than your tax going to no where, and being wasted. And also this add's content + changing the way people look at tax, currently, people look at tax as a Luxury, that is why they chose street trading.

But with this system, they would at least now be more optimistic when listing thing's in the Consignment Store. And think that they're contributing to something which is good.

{Possible problem's to this idea and Rebuttal's}

In every idea, there are always some type of problem. So i will be stating some of possible problem's that could be a downside to someone's understanding. And Rebuttal's to fight against the problem's.

1.) Wouldn't the Auction be flooded with items? Leading to most being expired as it will be a tougher competition?

No, as our current system is already in this situation. That is why we have those people that sell in town's for a cheaper price.

2.) Wouldn't more trick scams take place? like listing similar named items, example of this is the Goblin Warrior's Shield and the Goblin Poison Cauldron being listed at the same price, and people being trick it was a cauldron.

Again, no it would not. In the current situation, this is happening every now and then with different items. Bringing this system will not change that, but will actually help the system more, to pledge the gold to fund the projects. So this isn't really a problem.

I couldn't think of anymore downsides to this idea. But if u do, kindly state it on the comments, and will try to form a rebuttal.

{Closing Remarks)

If you happen to reach this part of my thread. Then congratulations! You didn't die from boredom when reading. Just kidding.

Now leave your thought's, and constructive feedback. Will also stay tuned for your opinions about problems/downsides of my idea, while trying to make a rebuttal against it.

Goodbye and more ideas to come!

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauitri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Well thought out I have to say, I can tell you put some time into this!

When I do an overview of this: I see this as giving the developers a timeline to add or change things that they already look at. Remember, this is a smaller company and (to me) cannot just pump out new things on the fly, it all takes time. Time that I would say is "better" spent on balance and preservation of the game. It seems that this would be just for the players(don't get me wrong I do like the concept, if we had more devs working here) and a lot more work than its worth.

Not quite sure why we as players should be rewarded for using the consignment shop, its a privledge. Is the goal to make more people use the shop? Players already get rewards for their tax in the form of advertising to anyone in the game their item for days. Really not sure people would use the cs to "help" a community goal, people use it to get gold, as the driving factor is money.

Biggest problem would be (in my mind) others just going back to the streets to sell things and let all the big shots do the taxes. You have to level the playing field , if something is free then people will flock.

Maybe the "rewards" could differ a bit, like choosing between certain game wide things( 2x story tokens, 2x elusive spawn, half priced elixirs,2x story xp") although it seems stg has to some degree a calender of when those events hit.

Interesting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

You should run for a government office! No taxation without representation!
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rauitri View Post
    This thread will consist of the following:

- Opening Remarks.

- The idea that stumbled upon my mind.

- Design / Interface of the idea and the way it works.

- Reasoning of the idea.

- Possible Problem's to this idea and Rebuttal's.

- Closing Remarks.

{Opening Remarks}

Hello there!

While we all anticipate for the Expansion, I have observed that the people where reasoning about how the economy would be after. Topic's such as nerfing Somberholt, adding tax within the trade window and etc...

Those issues made me figure out a method of how the WHOLE COMMUNITY would think tax will make sense now.

So, I will be deliberating about a Governmental related matter that I assure most of you, the community as whole, and the Dev's would concur.

{The idea that stumbled upon my mind}

This will be a new thing for Arcane Legends, but something that we're doing eversince in real life that seem to work.

Straight to the point, Introducing a government like system in Arcane legends. Have you ever wondered where those auction tax goes? Pretty much all where just liquidated and not put into good use, in real life situations, they would call it corruption. The act of stealing money from taxpayers, using money from taxpayers that dont benefit them.

So how about unlocking more features, Guildhalls, alternative systems etc... Once we hit a certain Tax amount to fund that feature to be established to the game.

{Design / Interface of the idea and the way it works}

To summarize this. In this category, we'll be tackling some possible questions, and the answer afterwards, and the way it works.

Basically, the way this system works is using the tax, that the auction has collected from all players using the Consigment store, to fund project's like new establishment's in town's that would benefit everyone. The poor or the rich.

The thought of this would be a Project Board, to see how much collected tax to fund that project, for example the Project Board is a list of possible establishment's that could be built if the requirement's are met. Like we need a total of "500 Million" gold tax to build another Guildhall design. Another example is we need a total of "1 Billion" gold tax to re-design the interface of the Leaderboard and so on. Basically just like funding a project to build new road's for a city.

So where to see the tax collection?

It will be another Meter bar that collect's information such as, how much tax the community cumulatively has, and the Project Board of all possible Projects. And it could be placed in a new establishment located in new town's or old town's if they can still fit, or even in the Guildhall.

How to determine or choose which feature, establishment would be introduced once the project's has been funded?

It could be either a Democratic voting system for the community, or a Monarchy system that Dev's choose. In my opinion the Dev's choosing which, is the way to go as they are the one's that know how difficult implementing a specific project is.

What the Project list consist off?

You maybe asking what we'll get once they are funded and now introduced, and here are some of my ideas:

- New Guildhall scheme / design

- An establisment that temporarily lower's the Auction Tax for 24hours, with a cooldown of "x" amount of days/weeks.

- Currency machine that let's you claim a type of currency ( except for plat and gold ) with a cooldown of 12hours.

- Another establishment that let's you craft/upgrade anything with 2x the speed that last's for 24hours, with a cooldown of "x" amount of days/weeks.

Note: this shouldn't work crafting energies, or anything related to an event.

And there is much more to add to this list.

What if we have already funded all the project's in the Project Board?

That's why we have the forum, specifically the General Discussion section, to bring in new idea's and a Dev to look after it. And later on updating the Project Board with new set's of project's.

{Reasoning of the idea}

Not much to say here as you can clearly imagine that this is far better than your tax going to no where, and being wasted. And also this add's content + changing the way people look at tax, currently, people look at tax as a Luxury, that is why they chose street trading.

But with this system, they would at least now be more optimistic when listing thing's in the Consignment Store. And think that they're contributing to something which is good.

{Possible problem's to this idea and Rebuttal's}

In every idea, there are always some type of problem. So i will be stating some of possible problem's that could be a downside to someone's understanding. And Rebuttal's to fight against the problem's.

1.) Wouldn't the Auction be flooded with items? Leading to most being expired as it will be a tougher competition?

No, as our current system is already in this situation. That is why we have those people that sell in town's for a cheaper price.

2.) Wouldn't more trick scams take place? like listing similar named items, example of this is the Goblin Warrior's Shield and the Goblin Poison Cauldron being listed at the same price, and people being trick it was a cauldron.

Again, no it would not. In the current situation, this is happening every now and then with different items. Bringing this system will not change that, but will actually help the system more, to pledge the gold to fund the projects. So this isn't really a problem.

I couldn't think of anymore downsides to this idea. But if u do, kindly state it on the comments, and will try to form a rebuttal.

{Closing Remarks)

If you happen to reach this part of my thread. Then congratulations! You didn't die from boredom when reading. Just kidding.

Now leave your thought's, and constructive feedback. Will also stay tuned for your opinions about problems/downsides of my idea, while trying to make a rebuttal against it.

Goodbye and more ideas to come!

The thing is when was the last time sts actually redesigned a map ? Regarding changing colors, not to mention sts still has a limit of how much they can do and the effect on us like lags and others stuff, and the only way i can see the board reaching requirements are during event when everyone is selling or hoarding till prices rise then sell, also considering of how much thought you put into this, it would take months or a year or longer to make something like that, not everyone will be able to wait that long since people have an actual life to keep up with

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

In-game tax are enabled to make the gold go back in the game. Gold comes to the economy from in-game content and gold sinks ensure that it returns to the game - its the cycle that ensures the stability of the economy, which is currently broken because of an in-game profession created by players called Merching. Hence the idea of enabling tax on trades came into picture.

@OP: you have good ideas but at the end of the day if only 10% of the people use Auction then ideally you are going to use the gold from 10% of the tax payers to provide facility to 100% of player base. Dont you think that is unfair.

Here is my idea:

Currently there is only 1 effective gold sink, i.e., Awakenings, but it has its limitations and totally dependant on odds. Hence, I would like to propose something else.
    #1 Enable Tax on trade, but with different slabs:
    • If the total amount of gold on a players account is less than 5m then there is no tax on trade.
    • If the total amount of gold on a players account is more than 5m but less than 10m then a fee should be deducted for every trade.
    • If the amount is higher than 10m then the fee will be higher.
    • Same way the fee increases 20m, 30m,... 50m,.. 100m,.. 200m,.. 1b etc.

In addition to #1, we should also have,
    #2 Tax on trading items of higher value, lets say on trade value of 10m or above.
    This is same as Auction Tax but needs to be implemented on high value trades that happens off CS.

I understand that these ideas have loopholes and rough edges but can easily be fixed if we all think selflessly and come up with a plan for the community.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

The government of the game is the Game Master (Devs).
    In-game tax (gold sink) are made to get back the gold in game. Gold comes to the economy from in-game content and gold sinks ensure that it returns to the game - its the cycle that ensures the stability of the economy. This cycle is currently broken because there are no efficient gold sinks other than awakenings.

-Why is CS tax not an efficient gold sink?
    Well because probably only 20% of the players uses it, or major % of players put small items in auction that costs small % tax. All the item that has higher tax value are merched in towns, this enables players to get higher profit, and rotates the gold.

-How does it affect us?
    If the gold is not going back in the game and content keep producing gold then that means there is more gold in the market, which reduces the value of the currency and in-turn causes inflation. Ever wondered why millions are not enough anymore?

-Then should we nerf gold from content?
    Nope, because there are new players coming everyday and the only way for them to play, level, gear and get gold is through doing content. Remember taat merching is an optional in-game profession created by players. The game is not built around trading, it is built around content. Hence content should be the main source of getting gold.

@OP: Your ideas are great, but currently very small number of players use CS (Lets say 40%), you are planing to use the revenue from 40% of the players to provide facilities to 100% of the players. Dont you think that is unfair? Before we implement the idea we need to make sure everyone contribute for it, hence:

• If the total amount of gold on a players account is less than 5m then there is no tax on trade.
    • If the total amount of gold on a players account is more than 5m but less than 10m then a fee should be deducted for every trade.

#2 Tax on trading items of higher value, lets say on trade value of 10m or above.
    This is same as Auction Tax but needs to be implemented on high value trades that happens off CS.

*The value in my example are just place holders, it should be decided by the game master based on the statistics they have.
    Retired

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    Well thought out I have to say, I can tell you put some time into this!

When I do an overview of this: I see this as giving the developers a timeline to add or change things that they already look at. Remember, this is a smaller company and (to me) cannot just pump out new things on the fly, it all takes time. Time that I would say is "better" spent on balance and preservation of the game. It seems that this would be just for the players(don't get me wrong I do like the concept, if we had more devs working here) and a lot more work than its worth.

Not quite sure why we as players should be rewarded for using the consignment shop, its a privledge. Is the goal to make more people use the shop? Players already get rewards for their tax in the form of advertising to anyone in the game their item for days. Really not sure people would use the cs to "help" a community goal, people use it to get gold, as the driving factor is money.

Biggest problem would be (in my mind) others just going back to the streets to sell things and let all the big shots do the taxes. You have to level the playing field , if something is free then people will flock.

Maybe the "rewards" could differ a bit, like choosing between certain game wide things( 2x story tokens, 2x elusive spawn, half priced elixirs,2x story xp") although it seems stg has to some degree a calender of when those events hit.

Interesting!
    Thats the point, this system would consume alot of effort, time and money to develop. But the outcome would be outstanding as for my examples, the project of funding an establishement that can lower the tax for 24hrs with a cooldown afterwards would make people happy. As some people say " the auction is a privilage and a luxury that the average community couldn't take in " well this can be an oppurtunity for those average players.

A downside to that is during the 24hr period, the Auction would be filled with items, but whats the problem in that? More people could have more options and can get things they want.

And you saying that rewards could differ, of course they can. As i mentioned above. Those examples are some. And want to hear more from you guys.

And your fear of people going back to street trading is kinda negative, if this was introduced. It would stay almost identical, to be honest, more people would now use the auction and contribute to the system to quickly fund the projects.

As you said " this will take up space ", i dont see how lowering the tax for a certain amount of time, would take up alot of space. If your referring to my other idea's, then yes, it will take up space just like everything.

I think it is time to develop and upgrade the spacetime engine. As that will bring alot of interactions and a wider variety to the game play. Eversince we had the problem of the game lagging in general, thats why they removed the 500 crafting inventory slots, to give way to other idea's.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    The government of the game is the Game Master (Devs).
    In-game tax (gold sink) are made to get back the gold in game. Gold comes to the economy from in-game content and gold sinks ensure that it returns to the game - its the cycle that ensures the stability of the economy. This cycle is currently broken because there are no efficient gold sinks other than awakenings.

-Why is CS tax not an efficient gold sink?
    Well because probably only 20% of the players uses it, or major % of players put small items in auction that costs small % tax. All the item that has higher tax value are merched in towns, this enables players to get higher profit, and rotates the gold.

-How does it affect us?
    If the gold is not going back in the game and content keep producing gold then that means there is more gold in the market, which reduces the value of the currency and in-turn causes inflation. Ever wondered why millions are not enough anymore?

-Then should we nerf gold from content?
    Nope, because there are new players coming everyday and the only way for them to play, level, gear and get gold is through doing content. Remember taat merching is an optional in-game profession created by players. The game is not built around trading, it is built around content. Hence content should be the main source of getting gold.

@OP: Your ideas are great, but currently very small number of players use CS (Lets say 40%), you are planing to use the revenue from 40% of the players to provide facilities to 100% of the players. Dont you think that is unfair? Before we implement the idea we need to make sure everyone contribute for it, hence:

*The value in my example are just place holders, it should be decided by the game master based on the statistics they have.
    Well our gold gets liquidated from the tax, meaning that tax isn't circulating from the economy. That gold being useless. Wouldn't be better off to use that gold to fund projects for the whole community? Projects wherein it benefits everyone. Not all could contribute to it, as i said. Auction is a luxury.

But those people who uses the Auction has a big advantage, basically advertising their items for everyone to see. It comes with a price. But at least that price is taken into developing something.

Once funded. Everyone could make use of it. Either the rich or poor. At the end, thank those that uses the Auction, as everyone of them helped make facilities that the less fortunate couldn't receive before. And support the poor in a way they'll have some advantage in the game, not just the rich.

In other words it is somehow a charity system, but the donator's themselves can make use out of it.

This system wouldn't bring more gold into the game but an alternative.

Your system is a bit complicated. As how would the game know your account has 5m?

Problems like:

- What if they transfer the gold to other accounts, to maintain having below 5m?

- That will bring even more problems to the game, this will affect merchers. Which i assume the game is mostly filled with. Ending it with even more drama in forums aswell as in game.

- And your taxation system is kinda rushed. As how i understand, tax increases the more gold you've got in your account? As suppose to a fix tax of approx. 5%?
    Well thats kinda weak. Even worse than what we have currently in the Auction.

We know that most or an equal amount of less fortunate or poor players have gotten some gold from either the Somberholt or ESG. They might have 5m but that is still considered low at todays economy. If that happens, why bother using the trade window? If you'll get a better advertising performance in the Auction.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain critic View Post
    The thing is when was the last time sts actually redesigned a map ? Regarding changing colors, not to mention sts still has a limit of how much they can do and the effect on us like lags and others stuff, and the only way i can see the board reaching requirements are during event when everyone is selling or hoarding till prices rise then sell, also considering of how much thought you put into this, it would take months or a year or longer to make something like that, not everyone will be able to wait that long since people have an actual life to keep up with
    To properly introduce this system to the community. The Dev's of course would need to invest time, effort and money to implement it. As we all know, rushed content wouldn't be good.

Designing a new guildhall would take time. But once released, people would love it as they would like a change. They will too will gain revenue as guildhall's are bought with Platinum.

The board requirement can be scaled depending on how long Devs want it to be. Example is u need an approximation of 3 months, to cumulatively obtain 500 million gold tax to fund a project. Then 3 months it is. Scaling it to 1billion would take 6 months and so on.

Point is, it will depend on how the Devs could re-create it. For instance, they could redesign a new guildhall within 2 weeks, then they should release the requirement for it that could possibly be reached in 2 to 3 weeks. So every project depends on how long Dev's can produce the content.

Another thing i forgot to mention on the main post, that once a project has been implemented. Us, the community is needed to help re-build it, just like what they did to Garetta, gathering material's and etc.. so at least those who didn't contribute to the tax collection could be helping in rebuilding.

And you saying the Goal will only be met during events, well that is true as more people are active. But dont forget that the requirement can be scaled so even a normal month in al is enought to fund it. Faster during events.

And lastly. Yes it would take long to produce this idea into game. And that is why I expressed my thought sooner then later. I dont expect this to be started on anytime soon, as they're busy with the expansion. Just another concept that hopefully could be added.

Once again ty for your feedback!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Smile

Well our gold gets liquidated from the tax, meaning that tax isn't circulating from the economy. That gold being useless. Wouldn't be better off to use that gold to fund projects for the whole community? Projects wherein it benefits everyone. Not all could contribute to it, as i said. Auction is a luxury.

But those people who uses the Auction has a big advantage, basically advertising their items for everyone to see. It comes with a price. But at least that price is taken into developing something.

Once funded. Everyone could make use of it. Either the rich or poor. At the end, thank those that uses the Auction, as everyone of them helped make facilities that the less fortunate couldn't receive before. And support the poor in a way they'll have some advantage in the game, not just the rich.

In other words it is somehow a charity system, but the donator's themselves can make use out of it.

This system wouldn't bring more gold into the game but an alternative.
    Auction House is not a luxury. It is a necessity for a player who cannot stand in towns whole day to try to sell their items. The gold from tax is suppose to go in the game, that's how gold sink works.

Your idea basically dictates that the gold that goes back in the game should be used to make projects. Its like asking game master to enable specific features when a certain amount of tax is collected. Say a community space will be available in game for 100mil. It will be opened when 100mil tax is collected. More like a community goal, isn't it? Its a good idea, but how does it help the economy?

The difference between your idea and mine is that you think game is eating up the tax, where as I feel players are not paying the tax. If you compare to real life: all the gold that merchants make is black money. Circulating the gold and not giving any gold back to the game.

Your system is a bit complicated. As how would the game know your account has 5m?
    Game already has this information, it knows how many characters one account has, how much gold all toons holds, etc etc. All the info is in the db, it will not be a sweat for the devs to make queries to pull that info - imply them in formula to calculate the taxes per slab and to automate it.

Problems like:
    - What if they transfer the gold to other accounts, to maintain having below 5m?
    Right, its possible to exploit that plan using another account with no gold and transferring items to merch in it. Basically tax fraud.
    There are 2 solutions to it.
    1) Enable tax on the lower slab as well.
    2) No slabs. Just enable 50 to 75% of the CS tax on trade irrespective. So it will still be profitable for merchants to trade in town compared to using CS.

- That will bring even more problems to the game, this will affect merchers. Which i assume the game is mostly filled with. Ending it with even more drama in forums aswell as in game.
    Players are going to rant, add drama irrespectively. They do it everytime there is a change. At the end they will except it saying the usual "the game cannot die any faster".

- And your taxation system is kinda rushed. As how i understand, tax increases the more gold you've got in your account? As suppose to a fix tax of approx. 5%? Well thats kinda weak. Even worse than what we have currently in the Auction.
    Well the slab system is how it works in real life. Rich pays the most tax, followed by middle class and poor. The % and numbers I used are only place holders. The actual percentage and numbers will be decided by devs based on the statistics they have. Even if its weak, something is better than nothing. Mind that the calculations and implementation is in the background, for a player it will look same as the option in CS.

Ty for brainstorming with me
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

All this because some players are farming gold in Maus..?

So in simple words : "Complicate my lovely game arcane legends because some people are farming the same maps from 2yrs and they will keep farming it like this is only life.. and I a player who loves playing different content in game have to suffer all this , I have to pay taxes and other crazy non sense things because some people are lifeless/greedy/obsessed with maus?

There are many players like me who don't like maus expansion, they don't play it . We r good as not rich but happy and fresh players. We almost left arcane legends on seeing "dream maps as expansion" considering its Maus era for one more year.. we just play events.

Instead of spoiling everything.. STS should nerf the Maus like arena/km3 and let the game breathing fresh..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Auction House is not a luxury. It is a necessity for a player who cannot stand in towns whole day to try to sell their items. The gold from tax is suppose to go in the game, that's how gold sink works.

Your idea basically dictates that the gold that goes back in the game should be used to make projects. Its like asking game master to enable specific features when a certain amount of tax is collected. Say a community space will be available in game for 100mil. It will be opened when 100mil tax is collected. More like a community goal, isn't it? Its a good idea, but how does it help the economy?

The difference between your idea and mine is that you think game is eating up the tax, where as I feel players are not paying the tax. If you compare to real life: all the gold that merchants make is black money. Circulating the gold and not giving any gold back to the game.

Game already has this information, it knows how many characters one account has, how much gold all toons holds, etc etc. All the info is in the db, it will not be a sweat for the devs to make queries to pull that info - imply them in formula to calculate the taxes per slab and to automate it.

Right, its possible to exploit that plan using another account with no gold and transferring items to merch in it. Basically tax fraud.
    There are 2 solutions to it.
    1) Enable tax on the lower slab as well.
    2) No slabs. Just enable 50 to 75% of the CS tax on trade irrespective. So it will still be profitable for merchants to trade in town compared to using CS.

Players are going to rant, add drama irrespectively. They do it everytime there is a change. At the end they will except it saying the usual "the game cannot die any faster".

Well the slab system is how it works in real life. Rich pays the most tax, followed by middle class and poor. The % and numbers I used are only place holders. The actual percentage and numbers will be decided by devs based on the statistics they have. Even if its weak, something is better than nothing. Mind that the calculations and implementation is in the background, for a player it will look same as the option in CS.

Ty for brainstorming with me
    In fact, the tax doesn't go back in the game as you mentioned above, otherwise it isn't a gold sink then, which you also stated. Tax gotten from the auction, gold spent on item's that an npc sells, and those 5k awakening kits are considered as true gold sinks, as they dont make their way back again, and part of the economy.

My problem is, if we're adding real-life concepts, then you should realize that like in real life, tax is collected from taxpayers. That gold is now spent to build public establishments/facilities and will be used by the community. If tax is collected and used wrongly, examples are using the money for their own expenses or money laundering that benefits no one.

In the game's current situation, everytime someone lists an item, there will be an "x" amount of tax taken from your account. In a real-life matter, that is simply called corruption. And that tax is basically being liquidated from the economy. Which is like burning the money to ashes in real-life. Which is good to prevent even more inflation in game, so set that aside. But an alternative is integrating my idea with it. So just like in real life, using the tax to fund facilities/establishments etc...

I never said that the point of this system is to make the economy better. I just once said that, instead of tax going no where. Make it useful and make a new system out of it. It wouldn't affect much of the economy. But my goal for this system is:

- Establishments/facilities is a public structure, that has an aspect of having a specific advantage. Example of this is, fund a project wherein 2x crafting/upgrading speed is available for 24hrs with a cooldown of "x" days.

- Only reason why i said the Auction is a luxury is that, i often bump into towns that are filled with players that are selling stuff. I now ask them why not advertise it in the Auction house? as you could re-imagine, all their responses was, they dont have the gold to list it. Hence that answers your question that it is indeed a luxury for most of the community. You were speaking for the people that dont bother paying tax, in otherwords the mid-class or richies. So point of this was for less fortunate players to think that they are being helped by taxpayers.

- specifically for giving the less fortunates to atleast have the oppurtunity of having some kind of advantage with these funded projects. So they wouldn't complain, but rather be thankful that in a way, they're being helped.

About your system of adding taxation within the trade window. They would re-design the interface of the trade window, for players not to be confused. I still have questions rendering your system:

- that is the reason why the average players still choose to use the trade window instead of the Auction, is to simply avoid the tax. Adding this, would just force those players to pay tax.

One reason why the CS has tax in the first place, is because, they are paying for the advertisement. Notice how much faster you would sell your items in CS compared to shouting in towns. You just simply pay tax, do real life matters. Comeback and either your item has been sold, or house mails about negotiating that item. Its that easy, no hassle.

But for the less fortunates perspective. They would be ending up shouting in towns all day, skipping daily activities just to find a buyer for their items. It would be a hassle. Simply adding tax wouldn't fix that problem, as people would just suffer more, now that if they have finally have found a buyer, they still now have to pay the tax?

Then that system is useless. As most, if not all people would rather just spend their gold tax for the CS and get that exclusive advertisement, rather then paying gold tax for something that they still have to find a buyer for at the end.

And now you're faced with another problem, even more flooding in CS, not only it takes longer for people scroll to find what they need, but you're now faced with another problem, which is misclicked scams. As we all know, this happens alot during event's. But adding this would simply increase the number of scam's by alot.

Thank's for the feedback. Well Appreciated.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    All this because some players are farming gold in Maus..?

So in simple words : "Complicate my lovely game arcane legends because some people are farming the same maps from 2yrs and they will keep farming it like this is only life.. and I a player who loves playing different content in game have to suffer all this , I have to pay taxes and other crazy non sense things because some people are lifeless/greedy/obsessed with maus?

There are many players like me who don't like maus expansion, they don't play it . We r good as not rich but happy and fresh players. We almost left arcane legends on seeing "dream maps as expansion" considering its Maus era for one more year.. we just play events.

Instead of spoiling everything.. STS should nerf the Maus like arena/km3 and let the game breathing fresh..
    Hello there!

I think you commented on the wrong thread? As the main objective of my thread, is all about using the tax gotten from the auction house, and to use it to fund in project's that will benefit everyone. Including you, if you're suffering from poverty in the game.

This will give you atleast some kind oppurtunity to receive advantages that hopefully help and encourage you to dedicate more time playing the game till the end.

Ty for the feedback!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Taxes are not an exiting game feature, nor government.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Taxes are not an exiting game feature, nor government.

I know right. But too bad we already have them existing eversince.

But in a game, wherein the market is controlled by people and economy, tax is necessary, otherwise our economy right now would be worse.

Ty for the feedback! Well appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Gold loot from maus is just too high thats why these taxes thread starting to exist

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BRYBE View Post
    Gold loot from maus is just too high thats why these taxes thread starting to exist
    We all know that gold loot awakenings, has generated more gold then we have generated from 2012-2016. This is because people need gold, gold is flexible and is used to buy almost everything in game, even plat now.

But my thread has nothing to do with the economy, nor the gold generated from both mausoleum or esg.

But simply, my thread is all about using the already existing tax collected from the Auction house, to use it to fund in either big & small projects. Projects that could benefit everyone, to have an oppurtunity to atleast get an advantage while playing the game. Simply liquidating the gold tax is tedious and wasteful, so why not convert it to something useful?

Adding in this system would not only add in content that continuiously build up, but, it will keep the pace of the game alot more convenient and quicker.

Ty for the response. Well appreciated!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

We all know that gold loot awakenings, has generated more gold then we have generated from 2012-2016. This is because people need gold, gold is flexible and is used to buy almost everything in game, even plat now.

But my thread has nothing to do with the economy, nor the gold generated from both mausoleum or esg.

But simply, my thread is all about using the already existing tax collected from the Auction house, to use it to fund in either big & small projects. Projects that could benefit everyone, to have an oppurtunity to atleast get an advantage while playing the game. Simply liquidating the gold tax is tedious and wasteful, so why not convert it to something useful?

Adding in this system would not only add in content that continuiously build up, but, it will keep the pace of the game alot more convenient and quicker.

Ty for the response. Well appreciated!

Ty for not raging for my opinion like someone does
    Tbh i didnt read your thread fully, im missunderstand it. I thought your thread is just same as postnoob tax thread sorry tho

Btw my opinion now is this is a good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Taxation is theft

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zojack View Post
    Taxation is theft
    Like how the current system does? I know right. In real life, it is called corruption. Collecting tax to be liquidated, that is theft right there.

rather then investing it to something useful, that everyone could use.

Ty.