Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some advice and some answers please :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Default I need some advice and some answers please :)

So I had this ex-friend of mine and here is the reason why I am no longer friends with him/her

1. asked to borrow my medusa set for a trust test - I said no
    2. ask to be guild master of my guild - I said no (he was already officer)

I told this friend of mine that "I dont trust anyone and that its not his fault and is because I have seen to many scams within Arcane Legends my entire career of playing"
    He says he did all of these things so that he could prove his loyalty to me.

Now this person gets his friends to try and tell me I am a bad person and that I dont understand how my ex-friend's life really is.
    He also tells me that I dont know how to run guilds, since i wouldnt make him guild master and says that I need to learn to trust more.
    And this ex friend has since left my guild.

Did i do anything wrong? Should I be more trustworthy? Any advice how to deal with my ex-friend and his friends from their consistently endless pms to me?

In my opinion, you can still have a friendship without having any of this trust test bs.
    Trust tests shouldn't be a thing.
    Last edited by Spheresome; 06-11-2018 at 03:52 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I dont trust anyone with my items (not even my brother) aswell and thats not a reason for your friend to be mad ,mby If u borrowed him the medusa set he would've scammed u ;-; btw trust tests r really stupid and there is no need for them

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ajcheisnj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

First of all, trust test was created by scammers and will always be scamming method. Especially by people that claim to be your friend but in fact they are just waiting around for perfect moment to catch you off-guard and scam. After he realized that he ain't getting the set, he tried to take guild and probably kick you out of it or just disband in revenge.

You didn't do anything wrong at all!

I'm suggesting you to kick that "friend" from guild and warn your close friends about his behavior so they don't fall in case he will try some tricks on them and explain guild why he got kicked so they know that this isn't acceptable and very suspicious. Imo I'd even say that he tried to scamm you but that's really up to you.

About his friends, just put on ignore if they keep spamming you. Some of them could knew that he is going to do it anyway or they are blind and just follow him.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nohealth For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Put them on ignore list, problem solved. If they’re truly your friends, they wouldn’t be doing that nonsense anyway.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Drone For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Him or her saying you don't know how to run a guild is abit stupid of her considering she stayed with you this long, trust tests are tricky in al but very necessary in rl

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain critic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    So I had this ex-friend of mine and here is the reason why I am no longer friends with him/her

1. asked to borrow my medusa set for a trust test - I said no
    2. ask to be guild master of my guild - I said no (he was already officer)

I told this friend of mine that "I dont trust anyone and that its not his fault and is because I have seen to many scams within Arcane Legends my entire career of playing"
    He says he did all of these things so that he could prove his loyalty to me.

Now this person gets his friends to try and tell me I am a bad person and that I dont understand how my ex-friend's life really is.
    He also tells me that I dont know how to run guilds, since i wouldnt make him guild master and says that I need to learn to trust more.
    And this ex friend has since left my guild.

Did i do anything wrong? Should I be more trustworthy? Any advice how to deal with my ex-friend and his friends from their consistently endless pms to me?

In my opinion, you can still have a friendship without having any of this trust test bs.
    Trust tests shouldn't be a thing.
    You did absolutely nothing wrong, you are innocent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

No, no, and just ignore them

If someone asks to "borrow" a set worth 100m+ they are most likely a scammer.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Screenshotz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

The part where his or her friends get involved gets me a little nervous. Either there is something fishy about their want for your things or its just me.

If my friend(internet friend) denied me of these things I surely wouldn't leave the guild nor have my buddies pm you . trust test is the dumbest thing ever, honestly. They know that if they pass it then they can push things even farther..

I wouldn't say you made a good or bad decision, I would say you made the correct decision. People will wash years of friendship down the drain purely out of greed.

I wouldn't make this person an officer again, at least for a long time. That would be your first mistake. It sucks losing friends but sometimes bad people hide behind the "friend" tag.

I would say to them something like how you wouldn't do a trust test with anyone I don't know in real life and can find in real life(ofc you probably wouldn't need to do a test then) nor would you give a person the power to destroy your guild just because your online friends.

I'm sorry I'm really tired but maybe you can pick out the good parts of this sloppy post.

No worries, you did the only smart thing.

Good luck with this and have a nice day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Screenshotz View Post
    No, no, and just ignore them

If someone asks to "borrow" a set worth 100m+ they are most likely a scammer.
    This right over here is the truth^^^^^^^^^

Once i was in travelers outpost relaxing and then some random guy came up to me and asked me if he could "Wear" my red arlor set before he

"Quits" and he showed me his 21m saying he'll also give it to me and also give the vanity set back if i do what he says.

I immediately thought "If he has all that bank, why doesn't he get the red arlor set himself???" I simply just put that guy on ignore list and left, it

was an obvious scam.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 06-11-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Glad to see a thread about someone who did the right thing! Anyone who asks for things that are hard to replace or gives major control of guild should immediately be considered untrustworthy.

Your story is a perfect example of how some people will groom players to trust them and then see if they can scam them afterwards. You did the right thing. Now ignore or boot anyone who says you were wrong!

Remember that guilt is what scammers use to scam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nohealth View Post

About his friends, just put on ignore if they keep spamming you. Some of them could knew that he is going to do it anyway or they are blind and just follow him.
    Is it any more suspicious that his friend messaged me a few days earlier (he somehow knew my ign even though id never met him b4) saying that my exfriend was a trustworthy person and that I should trust him/her more?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Is it any more suspicious that his friend messaged me a few days earlier (he somehow knew my ign even though id never met him b4) saying that my exfriend was a trustworthy person and that I should trust him/her more?
    Defidently. Red flag the size of a barn right there. If this person was so trustworthy there would be no need for anyone to explain it to you, let alone some random "friends". they look more like "partners" in something sinister than anything the more you tell .

I'm super cautious like you and many others here, it is the interwebs after all.

Sorry i know you quoted Nohealth but I can tell you that your gut is right good sir/madam .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

To thine own self be true.... I think that person was trying to scam your guild and anything else one might value in this game!
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    Defidently. Red flag the size of a barn right there. If this person was so trustworthy there would be no need for anyone to explain it to you, let alone some random "friends". they look more like "partners" in something sinister than anything the more you tell
    As said above

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

tysm everyone <3 its really comforting to know that there are still people in the community like you guys and it really comforts me to know I have that community behind my back~ <3

Sorry I couldn't thank everyone's posts i ran out of daily thanks lmao xD

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

tysm everyone <3 its really comforting to know that there are still people in the community like you guys and it really comforts me to know I have that community behind my back~ <3

Sorry I couldn't thank everyone's posts i ran out of daily thanks lmao xD
    Lol community criticized people because that were scammed for being a nab but when someone shows us they avoided the scammer the community gz them XD abit ironic in a way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain critic View Post
    Lol community criticized people because that were scammed for being a nab but when someone shows us they avoided the scammer the community gz them XD abit ironic in a way
    o_O

/11charss

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain critic View Post
    Where is this irony do you speak of? How else is it supposed to be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

People don’t need to earn ur friendship. If they try to do that, they are bad friends. Especially on this game. You may be best buds with someone, but as soon as they start asking for those things u listed, be cautious.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    Where is this irony do you speak of? How else is it supposed to be?
    Usually when something like this happens people would cheer them up some how or feel sorry for them but not in the case of scammed people