Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arena of Honor - Special Gear. No Gear-swapping. No Enchantments.

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Default The Arena of Honor - Special Gear. No Gear-swapping. No Enchantments.

I've got a PVP Event in development for characters at Level 100 and above (timing, prizes, final rules TBD).

To make this Event fair I've built a set of stripped-down, no-proc, gear (Armor, Helm, Ring, Amulet and Weapon) balanced for all classes.

This gear (called the 'Honor' set) is class-based and 'Common' rarity that cannot be Enchanted.

Wearing the full 5-piece set of gear gives you access to a 3v3 PVP deathmatch zone called 'The Arena of Honor.'

Gear-swapping is disallowed in this zone (I tried to make vanities unavailable but this is not possible).

You'll be able to buy the gear for gold from the store in an item pack (25k gold) that yields all five items for your class.

Ideally, you'll have several days to play this gear and provide balance feedback before the Event is scheduled.

I am still committed to the Level 105 Elite Proc weapons and the Level 105 sets. With that said, these items are not common enough to provide adequate basis for an Event right now. This will change over time, and I intend to build an event entirely around these Elite items in the distant future.

I started this development with the idea of spanning the game and allowing all levels to compete. Unfortunately the scale of balance issues over 105 levels remains a barrier for this one-man development team. I have a number of ideas for how to address this but would prefer to get a baseline of tournament gear before proceeding. Level 100 is as good a place as any for my taste (given the base attributes of each character and availability of skill points).

Posting in advance so we can entertain questions and concerns.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cinco; 06-13-2018 at 05:01 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Ohhhhh yes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

So only L100s can participate? Alot of people dont have 100s anymore, if they do its not many. Idk if people want to have to level a new character just to participate in this.

I could be wrong on my interpretation, but just clarify a bit better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

"for level 100+" seems entirely clear to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I like it cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ortalan View Post
    "for level 100+" seems entirely clear to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But for anyone that is 100 that wants to participate, they are immediately at a disadvantage vs a L105 because of the L105 having +25 attributes and +5 skill points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I've got a PVP Event in development for Level 100+ (timing, prizes, final rules TBD).

To make this Event fair I've built a set of stripped-down, no-proc, gear (Armor, Helm, Ring, Amulet and Weapon) balanced for all classes.

This gear (called the 'Honor' set) is class-based and 'Common' rarity that cannot be Enchanted.

Wearing the full 5-piece set of gear gives you access to a specific PVP deathmatch zone called 'The Arena of Honor.'

Gear-swapping is disallowed in this zone (I tried to make vanities unavailable but this is not possible)
    Very interesting, Cinco This idea is a spin-off of yours, if I may? If you were to offer the ability to choose "Normal Mode" (enchantments/procs/gear swapping allowed) and "OG Mode" (no enchantments/procs/gear swapping allowed) when hosting any PvP map at any level, using our existing sets (not special "honor" gear), I just have to wonder how that would be received by the community? Two choices. Pick your favorite mode and go at it.
    Last edited by Draebatad; 06-12-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Awesome to see your idea come to pass, you rock Cinco!
    I'm jelly, maybe AL will see something like this, plox?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Can you give us an idea of how much gold a set of 'Honor' gear will cost?

When you enter the map, will it be 1v1v1v1? 3v3? 5v5? 10v10?

Are there games/matches in this pvp zone or is it a zone where you can get infinite kills and respawn an infinite amount of times?

How do you plan to combat people who have multiple accounts and will bring alts in order to kill them for points?
    Last edited by Dolloway; 06-12-2018 at 09:14 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

WOW did not see that coming. I'm super pumped to see this develop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    WOW did not see that coming. I'm super pumped to see this develop!
    Sounds interesting on the surface for sure. We don't know what to expect at this point. Awaiting more details and hoping for the best. PL does need a fun event, one that is inclusive to the entire (in this case, L100+) community, considerate of the balance between real life obligations like work/school/sleep/chores/errands/out of game fun versus time spent on PL, and one that doesn't further wreck the in-game economy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Name:  20180613_120218.png
Views: 743
Size:  62.6 KB

For those who are across the globe like me, balance won't happen, the delay the lagg is terrible from here, don't get me wrong, nothing can be done about it, I'm just to far away. i will do my very best to fight. i like the idea no Proc and no enchantment, Purely base on PvP skills, i hope the cost on new sets won't be expensive, the current economy and the amount of gold and players spend on current new sets Plus enchanting have put a strain on gold a player have available.

The new PvP arena what it would it be like? 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 , 3 vs 3, 5 vs 5?

what are the Prizes? Can the Prize be unique PvP vanity or plats?

Can we add something new in the arena? Call it Clash of the guild (Guild War) 10 vs 10, 15 vs 15, 20 vs 20. Make it like an Event and in arena have speed orb, high mana orb, high damage orb, invisible orb. Points will be determined by numbers of kills.

Cinco thank You for starting the development of this PvP event will love to see it once ready.
    Last edited by bglir; 06-13-2018 at 02:09 AM.

Git – Ssneakykills

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bglir For This Useful Post:

3pc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Talking

Is the set worth 5m+ or 1-3m?
    bcuz ineed to save some gold for this pack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Really nice, specially to see the intent to make something fair to everyone. I'm happy to see that such a huge challenge has been accepted to make a PvP event where there can be high number of ways of possible exploitation, we can discuss about such possible exploitation once we get more details. 5pc set is fun, need little bit more tweaking to make it competitive other 2h weapons with bow but that's a future issue of balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I love the idee of having special pvp areas with balanced sets
    Ty Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sounds good to me hopefully I will be lvl100 and have a chance to understand PvP

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Wow this sounds very interesting cinco thank you so much. Let's start this next week cinco its too exciting cant wait! Even though the sets dont cost plat we hope its not too much gold a reasonable price to test out the sets. But can you clarify some things for me? First when this event is announced we go to the store then buy the pack for gold and we enter the arena. So we test the sets out there and leave feedback here? But once we are done testing it out they will be taken away and an event is added where we have to farm the gear? Because i dont really follow on where the event part is. Thank you hope you an clarify.
    Last edited by 3pc; 06-13-2018 at 06:33 AM.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Excuse me cinco I want to know a little thing..
    why do you give all your care about the endgame .. why never try to listen to ppl who need some fixes in twink lvls specially that enchant.. it’s like pay to win so the lvl 30 and up ... Ik u working hard but try to concentrate on the twink pvp like that in the endgame pvp ..

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Can you give us an idea of how much gold a set of 'Honor' gear will cost?
    Each 5-item pack costs 25,000 gold, or 5k gold a piece. Individual items also liquidate for ~2,500 gold.

When you enter the map, will it be 1v1v1v1? 3v3? 5v5? 10v10?
    Current plan is for 5v5. During the equipment testing phase, players will be allowed to host the 'Arena of Honor.'

Are there games/matches in this pvp zone or is it a zone where you can get infinite kills and respawn an infinite amount of times?
    Standard death match rules but with low score cap: first team to reach 11 points wins and the zone ends.

How do you plan to combat people who have multiple accounts and will bring alts in order to kill them for points?
    Open to ideas, my friend! I'm currently planning to disallow hosting of the Arena when the Event is active (though it makes sense to allow hosting while we test and tune the equipment). During the Event, players will need to go through a portal to join the Arena. I also intend to prevent players from joining their dummy accounts once they've reached the Arena lobby - in effort to enforce joining the match that the portal provides.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

24.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Wow this sounds very interesting cinco thank you so much. Let's start this next week cinco its too exciting cant wait! Even though the sets dont cost plat we hope its not too much gold a reasonable price to test out the sets. But can you clarify some things for me? First when this event is announced we go to the store then buy the pack for gold and we enter the arena. So we test the sets out there and leave feedback here? But once we are done testing it out they will be taken away and an event is added where we have to farm the gear? Because i dont really follow on where the event part is. Thank you hope you an clarify.
    Packs are 25k gold. Once you purchase the gear, it's yours to keep. Prior to the Event, you will be allowed to Host / Join the 'Arena of Honor' to test the gear and provide feedback. Once the Event is over, I plan to allow Host / Join again so further tweaks can be made and future Events of this kind can be improved.
    | | | |

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: