Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arena of Honor - Special Gear. No Gear-swapping. No Enchantments.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,189 Posts

Default The Arena of Honor - Special Gear. No Gear-swapping. No Enchantments.

I've got a PVP Event in development for characters at Level 100 and above (timing, prizes, final rules TBD).

To make this Event fair I've built a set of stripped-down, no-proc, gear (Armor, Helm, Ring, Amulet and Weapon) balanced for all classes.

This gear (called the 'Honor' set) is class-based and 'Common' rarity that cannot be Enchanted.

Wearing the full 5-piece set of gear gives you access to a 3v3 PVP deathmatch zone called 'The Arena of Honor.'

Gear-swapping is disallowed in this zone (I tried to make vanities unavailable but this is not possible).

You'll be able to buy the gear for gold from the store in an item pack (25k gold) that yields all five items for your class.

Ideally, you'll have several days to play this gear and provide balance feedback before the Event is scheduled.

I am still committed to the Level 105 Elite Proc weapons and the Level 105 sets. With that said, these items are not common enough to provide adequate basis for an Event right now. This will change over time, and I intend to build an event entirely around these Elite items in the distant future.

I started this development with the idea of spanning the game and allowing all levels to compete. Unfortunately the scale of balance issues over 105 levels remains a barrier for this one-man development team. I have a number of ideas for how to address this but would prefer to get a baseline of tournament gear before proceeding. Level 100 is as good a place as any for my taste (given the base attributes of each character and availability of skill points).

Posting in advance so we can entertain questions and concerns.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cinco; 06-13-2018 at 05:01 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: