Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arena of Honor - Special Gear. No Gear-swapping. No Enchantments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Packs are 25k gold. Once you purchase the gear, it's yours to keep. Prior to the Event, you will be allowed to Host / Join the 'Arena of Honor' to test the gear and provide feedback. Once the Event is over, I plan to allow Host / Join again so further tweaks can be made and future Events of this kind can be improved.
    This is awesome, thank you!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Packs are 25k gold. Once you purchase the gear, it's yours to keep. Prior to the Event, you will be allowed to Host / Join the 'Arena of Honor' to test the gear and provide feedback. Once the Event is over, I plan to allow Host / Join again so further tweaks can be made and future Events of this kind can be improved.
    Thanks so much for the feedback I got 36k that was very useful got me wondering a lot sounds fun! Any idea when to go live now?Haha 2 weeks as a test would be perfect so we should launch it this weekend
    Last edited by 3pc; 06-13-2018 at 12:37 PM.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I think 3v3 would be better from many perspective, kills count or match winning? It would be cool if both count and prize for both category.

Some tweaks would be helpful to prevent exploitations eg
    5 min ban from joining game if left/DC

I have some ideas like that n why it would b helpful, I'll post that once I get on my PC.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Wow this sounds very interesting cinco thank you so much. Let's start this next week cinco its too exciting cant wait! Even though the sets dont cost plat we hope its not too much gold a reasonable price to test out the sets. But can you clarify some things for me? First when this event is announced we go to the store then buy the pack for gold and we enter the arena. So we test the sets out there and leave feedback here? But once we are done testing it out they will be taken away and an event is added where we have to farm the gear? Because i dont really follow on where the event part is. Thank you hope you an clarify.
    Next week? Bro it's only Wednesday and I don't want to wait that long

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

3pc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Next week? Bro it's only Wednesday and I don't want to wait that long

FR! This Friday Cinco!! Peer pressure him into guys
    Last edited by 3pc; 06-13-2018 at 02:07 PM.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Open to ideas, my friend! I'm currently planning to disallow hosting of the Arena when the Event is active (though it makes sense to allow hosting while we test and tune the equipment). During the Event, players will need to go through a portal to join the Arena. I also intend to prevent players from joining their dummy accounts once they've reached the Arena lobby - in effort to enforce joining the match that the portal provides.
    If possible, perhaps capping each pvp zone to 5 or 3 members from a single guild (depending if the Arena is 5v5 or 3v3 respectively) can help prevent the exploitation for larger guilds to hold spots on the other team. I've practiced some 1v5 action, but I'd prefer fighting alongside at least a few of my guidlies when entering the Arena through the portal.
    Last edited by Crashy; 06-13-2018 at 05:55 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crashy For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    FR! This Friday Cinco!! Peer pressure him into guys
    Friday? Bro it's only Wednesday...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

5v5 might be a little difficult to gather players. 3v3 will be perfect I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    5v5 might be a little difficult to gather players. 3v3 will be perfect I think.
    Raise kill count from 11 to 20 lol if its a 5-5

ELITE

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3pc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Hi Cinco,

I really like that you are looking to come up with new, fun events for all kinds of PL players. This newest one being for the PvP crowd, and I truly appreciate all you have done for the game the past few years, as well as the recent injections of excitement with the events.

That being said, I feel as though we shouldn't need a separate PvP mode where things are balanced. I could be a total outlier who is off his rocker, but I would rather have one PvP zone, where all classes, at endgame because you can't balance all 105 levels, are even in strength.

If effort can be put into making new sets for an event that are balanced and fair, would it be possible to do that for the currently existing endgame sets? I see you mentioned there being a small number of endgame sets in circulation right now, and that may be the answer to that question but I wasn't sure, if it is sorry. I wasn't able to interpret what you meant.

Finally, you mentioned that you were looking to do an event like this with the existing elite sets. Does that mean that those sets will be getting re-balanced? Are they only getting temporarily re-balanced for the event? Are they staying the same with the same event format? Sorry if I am asking 21 questions, I'm just really interested!!

Thank you!
    Walie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I also want to give a special thanks to cinco once again for this event. It will make PvP super active for such a low cost of 25k this gives a chance for people who wanted to PvP at l105 a chance to play because everyone will be equal now and can afford. Now this is where real skill comes into play.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Hoping the Honor set can have a cool set bonus that we can keep like the demo flames with a nice halo on top or sumn would be really cool #makeithappenPL2K18

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Again Cinco your dedication to PL never ceases to amaze me.

You spearheaded many PvE events for our beloved game. Including seasonal events, Amulet event, Guild events, Golden bones gold events.

You supported and awarded special PvP vanity shields for player based pvp tournaments. Levels 100 2v2, level 71 2v2, level 15 2v2, and currently level 105 5v5 CTF.

Now you are introducing a more fair PvP 3v3 arena with awards. No enchantments, no procs, no amulets, no gear swapping, cheap class based common sets that are affordable at 25k a set.

You are truly amazing, I for one thank you. You are keeping Pocket Legends alive, by giving us more and more, you actively listen to us all despite all the negative feedback and are always fair with changes to the game.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post

That being said, I feel as though we shouldn't need a separate PvP mode where things are balanced.
    The separate pvp mode that cinco talked about can bring a whole new dimension that's not possible with existing.
    - No enchantments
    - No proc
    - Can be, if not then should be, gear with much less stats means buffs debuffs gonna regain values like old caps etc
    That makes huge difference along with cheap gear for everyone to pvp without touching the existing OP elite gears (whole new dimension)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Here are the ideas, some might be overwhelming to implement but that doesn't stop the ideas, because they are just ideas & only cinco knows which is easy to implement and which is not and which one is to save for latter events.

First off, thanks for the event, even with flaws I'm sure this is gonna be one of the best thing pl ever got specially if the map remains open after the event. I personally know many players who lost interest and inactive due to the fact that they find it so hard to get a set for pvp, that's overwhelming and why not, in current situation when you can download a MOBA and get into the action instantly then for some it's really overwhelming.

As for the prizes, I think there should be 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes of just slight color variants of the prize (vanity or whatever it is) and why not it's competition but there could be tier based gold farming as well to keep motivated those players who thinks that they can't make it to the top so why even try. We don't know if it's kill number based or 'number of win match' based, if kill based then maybe 2k kills for 1st tier gold, 1k for 2nd tier and 500 for 3rd tier, just en example.

The second catch is to provide prizes to each individual class top scorer as well, this is gonna encourage ppl to use different classes, specially non popular classes so that for some it's chance to get to LB with fox, rhinoes and bear other than if it's kill based, players gonna use high damaging classes to get most kills.

As for the rules, I've something different than what we see but I'm gonna give it a shot, if we need to counter exploitation I think we need 2 things, one is to randomize as much things as possible and 2nd thing is to implement a short term match making ban (maybe 5-10 minute) OR minus 1/few point(s) if players leave a match without finishing it, becasue players gonna remake if things doesn't get what they want or what they want to exploit, at the same time, if someone stays dead, that player should get auto kicked after some time as there won't be any boot option for players. To randomize things, there gonna be a portal to enter, that should lead to auto join red or blue team, I mean players can't choose a team but then it's gonna be tricky to distribute players properly eg 2 tanks cant join same team etc I think it's getting complicated to implement so anything that make players conduct successful FFA.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Here are the ideas, some might be overwhelming to implement but that doesn't stop the ideas, because they are just ideas & only cinco knows which is easy to implement and which is not and which one is to save for latter events.

First off, thanks for the event, even with flaws I'm sure this is gonna be one of the best thing pl ever got specially if the map remains open after the event. I personally know many players who lost interest and inactive due to the fact that they find it so hard to get a set for pvp, that's overwhelming and why not, in current situation when you can download a MOBA and get into the action instantly then for some it's really overwhelming.

As for the prizes, I think there should be 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes of just slight color variants of the prize (vanity or whatever it is) and why not it's competition but there could be tier based gold farming as well to keep motivated those players who thinks that they can't make it to the top so why even try. We don't know if it's kill number based or 'number of win match' based, if kill based then maybe 2k kills for 1st tier gold, 1k for 2nd tier and 500 for 3rd tier, just en example.

The second catch is to provide prizes to each individual class top scorer as well, this is gonna encourage ppl to use different classes, specially non popular classes so that for some it's chance to get to LB with fox, rhinoes and bear other than if it's kill based, players gonna use high damaging classes to get most kills.

As for the rules, I've something different than what we see but I'm gonna give it a shot, if we need to counter exploitation I think we need 2 things, one is to randomize as much things as possible and 2nd thing is to implement a short term match making ban (maybe 5-10 minute) OR minus 1/few point(s) if players leave a match without finishing it, becasue players gonna remake if things doesn't get what they want or what they want to exploit, at the same time, if someone stays dead, that player should get auto kicked after some time as there won't be any boot option for players. To randomize things, there gonna be a portal to enter, that should lead to auto join red or blue team, I mean players can't choose a team but then it's gonna be tricky to distribute players properly eg 2 tanks cant join same team etc I think it's getting complicated to implement so anything that make players conduct successful FFA.
    Some very nice counter exploitation ideas and i agree. This event should come back every single month sounds very fun but we'll see how it goes when we test it hopefully soon.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I've got a PVP Event in development for characters at Level 100 and above (timing, prizes, final rules TBD).

To make this Event fair I've built a set of stripped-down, no-proc, gear (Armor, Helm, Ring, Amulet and Weapon) balanced for all classes.

This gear (called the 'Honor' set) is class-based and 'Common' rarity that cannot be Enchanted.

Wearing the full 5-piece set of gear gives you access to a 3v3 PVP deathmatch zone called 'The Arena of Honor.'

Gear-swapping is disallowed in this zone (I tried to make vanities unavailable but this is not possible).

You'll be able to buy the gear for gold from the store in an item pack (25k gold) that yields all five items for your class.

Ideally, you'll have several days to play this gear and provide balance feedback before the Event is scheduled.

I am still committed to the Level 105 Elite Proc weapons and the Level 105 sets. With that said, these items are not common enough to provide adequate basis for an Event right now. This will change over time, and I intend to build an event entirely around these Elite items in the distant future.

I started this development with the idea of spanning the game and allowing all levels to compete. Unfortunately the scale of balance issues over 105 levels remains a barrier for this one-man development team. I have a number of ideas for how to address this but would prefer to get a baseline of tournament gear before proceeding. Level 100 is as good a place as any for my taste (given the base attributes of each character and availability of skill points).

Posting in advance so we can entertain questions and concerns.

Thanks!
    So, when will these sets be available? I am actually looking forward to this event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDragon View Post
    So, when will these sets be available? I am actually looking forward to this event
    This friday!!! No jk i hope no real set date yet as said but cinco TBD

ELITE

26.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

Hopefully I will have the item packs available for purchase sometime late this afternoon along with the new dungeon and a feature that locks players out of PVP for 5 minutes if they quit in the middle of a fight.

I will plan to address any emergency / high-priority issues with the Honor Gear tomorrow so that we can have a productive weekend of testing the new items and the new arena.

I plan to address this weekend's balance feedback on the gear on Monday and again next Wednesday.

After these rounds of re-balancing the Honor Gear are complete, I will set a date for the Guild Arena Event ;-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

This sounds amazing! Thanks so much!
    Hopefully I will have the item packs available for purchase sometime late this afternoon along with the new dungeon and a feature that locks players out of PVP for 5 minutes if they quit in the middle of a fight.

I will plan to address any emergency / high-priority issues with the Honor Gear tomorrow so that we can have a productive weekend of testing the new items and the new arena.

I plan to address this weekend's balance feedback on the gear on Monday and again next Wednesday.

After these rounds of re-balancing the Honor Gear are complete, I will set a date for the Guild Arena Event ;-)