Thread: OMG! Separate Vanity Sets for PvE and PvP?!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default OMG! Separate Vanity Sets for PvE and PvP?!

I have a lvl 61 bear that pvps. I started playing Pocket Legends after Nuris Hallows was released, i noticed the vanity set helps a lot and gives a huge unfair bonus. If i played earlier, i could've gotten it, but i joined late :/ Plus, the vanity sets requires you to PvE, not PvP. Doing well in PvE = huge unfair advantage in PvP? My suggestion is to make a separate vanity set for PvP and PvE. Maybe you have to hit 5000 pvp kills in order to get the PvP vanity set? Or Spacetime Studios could remove the vanity set ( COP and Nuris Hallow Shield from PvP all together?

Tell me what you think, no trolls or flamers please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

You can always ask the player to remove their vanity set when you dual them. If they don't, you have the option to decline to fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not fair for the people who like the looks for them and a huge advantage? The way you say it is like on hit kill but just get smarter at skill use and get them,if your a str bear whos been pvping pure dex ir strenthg birds we already are the best class in pvp,my opinion though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I think pvp should be a fair play ground to the most part. If u feel they have an unfair advantage, ask them to remove it. If they decline then you have the choice to leave.

I think the ppl that have the vanities should be able to use them. They spent the time to achieve them. They're an award for the longterm dedicated players.

It's unfortunate for the players that started later but fact is they've grinder alot more to achieve what they have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

It was first come, first serve. Us who spent the money to get to the cap, kind of deserve it. I mean, 300-500 for each cap is a lot. Why we would we just want a plain old item. Yeah, looks and collectible aspects. You'll have your chance to get a nice little vanity bonus if you keep hitting caps. As we have a lot of level caps to come. And then you'll be saying, no, we should have this bonus. Also, this is a bit of a Suggestions part of the forums.

Thanks,

-we

Oh and, on your idea of PvP gear every amount of kills, your PvP regulars like Kanital make it impossible, imagine their, what, 60k+ kills with bonuses...
    Last edited by WoundedEagle; 11-13-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    It was first come, first serve. Us who spent the money to get to the cap, kind of deserve it. I mean, 300-500 for each cap is a lot. Why we would we just want a plain old item. Yeah, looks and collectible aspects. You'll have your chance to get a nice little vanity bonus if you keep hitting caps. As we have a lot of level caps to come. And then you'll be saying, no, we should have this bonus. Also, this is a bit of a Suggestions part of the forums.
    So STS should start selling +10 armor vanities for 500 plat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Vanity should be kept throughout, IMO, but with balance in mind, just make the bonus inapplicable in any PvP map - if it's possible to do so.

After playing other games and referencing back here, I have to say that STS is already on the right track in terms of trying to balance PvP (SL at least). It's almost impossible to balance PvP and PvE without treating them exclusively. Eg, pve gear versus PvP gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    So STS should start selling +10 armor vanities for 500 plat?
    That would make it uncollectable and would ruin the point other than helping the community of the game for me. It's a collectible and there is self satisfaction. STS does that Otu, and pl is down the economy style way :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    That would make it uncollectable and would ruin the point other than helping the community of the game for me. It's a collectible and there is self satisfaction. STS does that Otu, and pl is down the economy style way :P
    Let me refine that:

So STS should start selling +10 armor vanities for 500 plat, but make them only available for a 2.5-3 month period?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Otukura For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I'm gonna have to agree that it should not be sold for any amount of plat. I once supported the idea that a vanity cap with stats equal to the founder's helm should be. Now that I have had time to reflect on the matter, I think that any equal (a vanity item with the same stats) should not be sold for any amount of plat either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis:480989
    I'm gonna have to agree that it should not be sold for any amount of plat. I once supported the idea that a vanity cap with stats equal to the founder's helm should be. Now that I have had time to reflect on the matter, I think that any equal (a vanity item with the same stats) should not be sold for any amount of plat either.
    Agreed. Selling the vanities for any amount of plat would ruin the esteem of achievement vanities. It's an achievement that shouldn't be purchasable.
    I'm not being selfish either. I have no elite vanities, nor do I want them if I haven't earned them.

EQII has separate pve & pvp gear in order for them to try and balance the 2. Some gear has separate stats for pve & pvp for balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

So they should bring back the founders helm for everyone too then...
    The point is to reward the people who played then. Its not rewarding pve, dont u have to lvl to 60 or 61 to compete with them, ur are therefor pve as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suggestions View Post
    I have a lvl 61 bear that pvps. I started playing Pocket Legends after Nuris Hallows was released, i noticed the vanity set helps a lot and gives a huge unfair bonus. If i played earlier, i could've gotten it, but i joined late :/ Plus, the vanity sets requires you to PvE, not PvP. Doing well in PvE = huge unfair advantage in PvP? My suggestion is to make a separate vanity set for PvP and PvE. Maybe you have to hit 5000 pvp kills in order to get the PvP vanity set? Or Spacetime Studios could remove the vanity set ( COP and Nuris Hallow Shield from PvP all together?

Sorry...it's not a "huge unfair advantage". It is something those players earned. Just because you came along more recently, doesn't make it unfair that they were around earlier to get it. I think it's "unfair" for a new-er player to complain about not being able to get something offered/earned earlier in game and suggest that STS remove the set bonus because you weren't around to get it.

Ask others have stated, if it bothers you that much that someone uses a piece of gear they spent a lot of time earning, ask them to remove it.

You can't offer a controversial post like this on a public forum and claim "No trolls or flamers" because you only want to hear people agree with you.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 11-14-2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Tried to de-flame/lighten up
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger:481008
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggestions View Post

Sorry...it's not a "huge unfair advantage". It is something those players earned. Just because you came along more recently, doesn't make it unfair that they were around earlier to get it. I think it's "unfair" for a new-er player to complain about not being able to get something offered/earned earlier in game and suggest that STS remove the set bonus because you weren't around to get it.

This is the god-forsaken Founder's Helm debate all over again.

Ask others have stated, if it bothers you that much that someone uses a piece of gear they earned, ask them to remove it.

I know I will get flamed, but this sort of post just kills me. You can't offer a controversial post like this on a public forum and claim "No trolls or flamers" because you only want to hear people agree with you.
    Agreed, i got ur back. They cant go back and release every old oppurtunity to newer players. Should they return shadow caves and sand caves to the far higher drop rates just for new players. Just be grateful u dont have to do frozen nightmares without potions xD
    They already diminished the value of the coveted halloween antiques by giving new players a chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Let me refine that:

So STS should start selling +10 armor vanities for 500 plat, but make them only available for a 2.5-3 month period?
    If this happened, many (most?) would not waste their time hitting level caps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Let me refine that:

I am unaware if you are being sarcastic or what, but that was a bit contradictory and I don't think you read it all before you responded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I guess that came off wrong; mean it sarcastically. The way it was said, it sounded like Wound thought it was just bad luck for people who spend money. That's the key thing I was trying to get at; people who spend money got it, it's effectively turning into a buy-it-with-plat type of thing, very few people are getting it with gold elixirs only.

@Wound, I remember you made a verge-of-quitting thread because you didn't think you would hit 61 due to being unable to get plat. People are buying plat solely for the vanity. You can reach it in 10 hours with a good group, it's not about grinding anymore, unless you use all gold or no elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

I guess that came off wrong; mean it sarcastically. The way it was said, it sounded like Wound thought it was just bad luck for people who spend money. That's the key thing I was trying to get at; people who spend money got it, it's effectively turning into a buy-it-with-plat type of thing, very few people are getting it with gold elixirs only.

@Wound, I remember you made a verge-of-quitting thread because you didn't think you would hit 61 due to being unable to get plat. People are buying plat solely for the vanity. You can reach it in 10 hours with a good group, it's not about grinding anymore, unless you use all gold or no elixirs.
    I will make a lot of quitting threads before I head out, which never happens. I made it to 61. And that thread had a lot of other reasons, like a problem with a dev, the fact my eyes don't focus at all on my screen, and a few other reasons that were overlooked by everyone. Thanks for clearing that up buddy.