Thread: Fox PvP Dilemma: Walie's Take

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Default Fox PvP Dilemma: Walie's Take

Hey all,

Some of you may know that I posted earlier this week, but I just wanted to post this video as well to better articulate my thought on fox PvP this cap. Let me know what you guys think in the comments below!

I apologize in advance for the awkward silence at the beginning xD

Btw...... this is me every time I meet someone new in PL.... XDDDD

Last edited by Congeniality; 06-13-2018 at 09:30 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Walie is hot
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Walie is hot
    And your lucky charm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Fox is lame ur a nub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I watched and listened to your video intently. Thank you Walie.

It was an honest insight about the fox class regarding pvp from a player who loves the fox class with a passion.

You mentioned how viable the class was and why in each cap. Ranging from levels 77 to 105.

I feel from a pve perspective, the fox class is utterly useless in the group dynamics. Apart from having some fun and variety in the use of classes.

Pve wise each class has a function.

The ursan - Bear class is the tank and controls the mobs, gathers all the mobs against a wall. Takes the agro.

The healer - Mage class is the most versatile. Mages debuff mobs and buffs the whole group , as well as using their huge damage dealing skills, and having the ability to heal the group of all negative effects as well as regaining health.

The avian - Bird class is the ultimate assassin. Waiting for the bear to go in controlling mobs, and the mage to do its part, the bird debuffs with roots, and blasts mobs away with it damage dealing skills.

The paladin - Rhino class is a support class. It has the best buffs on game, and can heal all negative affects for the team using guardian skill. It does little damage to a group of mobs sadly. But is powerful to destroy one mob at a time.

The ranger - Fox class is a support class. It buffs a little with one group skill, the group damage skill of the howl is so little. The only two skills that are useful is the two dart skills that can slow down only one mob at a time, great for boss situations. Like the Rhino it does little damage to a group of mobs. But is powerful to destroy one mob at a time.

Walie what do you suggest that Cinco can do change to the fox class to improve its usefulness and appeal in pvp? Give as much detail as you can to each skill and the cool down times.
    Last edited by Fwend; 06-13-2018 at 06:48 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    I watched and listened to your video intently. Thank you Walie.

It was an honest insight about the fox class regarding pvp from a player who loves the fox class with a passion.

You mentioned how viable the class was and why in each cap. Ranging from levels 77 to 105.

I feel from a pve perspective, the fox class is utterly useless in the group dynamics. Apart from having some fun and variety in the use of classes.

Pve wise each class has a function.

The ursan - Bear class is the tank and controls the mobs, gathers all the mobs against a wall. Takes the agro.

The healer - Mage class is the most versatile. Mages debuff mobs, as well as using their huge damage dealing skills, and having the ability to heal the group of all negative effects as well as regaining health.

The avian - Bird class is the ultimate assassin. Waiting for the bear to go in controlling mobs, and the mage to do its part, the bird debuffs with roots, and blasts mobs away with it damage dealing skills.

The paladin - Rhino class is a support class. It has the best buffs on game, and can heal all negative affects for the team using guardian skill. It does little damage to a group of mobs sadly. But is powerful to destroy one mob at a time.

The ranger - Fox class is a support class. It buffs a little with one group skill, the group damage skill of the howl is so little. The only two skills that are useful is the two dart skills that can slow down only one mob at a time, great for boss situations. Like the Rhino it does little damage to a group of mobs. But is powerful to destroy one mob at a time.

Walie what do you suggest that Cinco can do change to the fox class to improve its usefulness and appeal in pvp? Give as much detail as you can to each skill and the cool down times.
    Firstly, thank you for both responding to my original post and listening to my video!

In order for the fox to properly work effectively in PvE, the skill set would need to be changed considerably. This would require a lot of coding, and thus I am not sure if Cinco would be open to this. For instance, the easiest way I can see fox PvE being buffed is to have rabid bite and vixen kick, rather than being one target abilities, be AoE abilities that have a radius from the enemy it hit. For instance, vixen kick would dash you towards an enemy like it does now, but would do AoE damage around that enemy in conjunction to the already present damage to the one enemy.

Again, this would be a hefty task for Cinco in comparison to the things he has been able to do recently due to being one man working on a whole game. Thus, I wouldn't expect this, although it would make both PvE and PvP fox more balanced.

For now, I am likely going to focus on how to make fox more viable in PvP, as that is simply a numbers change rather than a rework of the whole kit (set of skills). I will definitely look to make suggestions on how to buff fox for PvE, but they will be less likely to come about due to the mass overhaul it would require.

Thank you,
    Walie <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hello Walie!
    I've always had a silent passion for foxes ever since they came out, however I never got the time to level one up let alone pvp with one.
    I loved your video, and I've learned a lot from it. I always thought that the fox was supposed to be a "nuke" in pvp, eliminating the opponents
    within seconds, such as the bird, however I feel very sad when it's not true.
    Thanks for the incite on endgame fox, as it was really helpful and informational
    Love your videos, keep up the great work buddy, take care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Fox is lame ur a nub
    Thats cuz u nub on playing fox

通过我的 SM-N935F 上的 Tapatalk发言

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts