Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Buy pots"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default "Buy pots"

I was running graveyard today. Two strong warriors, an agile rogue and powerful mage. We had a great team - or so I thought!

About half way through I realised my mana was running incredibly low due to healing everybody and wasn't being replenished. I was sure this was the Mage's role and assumed he had just forgot so politely asked in the chat.

Macgreaze: " Excuse me good sir, but would you be so kind as to refill my mana"

Mage: " buy pots.. endgame mages don't give mana anymore".

I am flabbergasted. This cheeky Mage refusing to top up mana although benefiting from my heal. By telling me to "use pots" he is basically saying I should spend gold on keeping him alive. Do these Mages not realise that each class was made to compliment the other? Do they not know there is no "I" in team?

This game seems to be filled with selfish people just out for themselves now. I remember when players used to be helpful and honest. Shame on any Mage who doesn't give Mana. You know who you are!
    Last edited by macgreaze; 06-13-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

"I was sure this was the Mage's role "

Here's where your wrong
    Lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

It's true mages do not use heal skill anymore. And I've come across many. I too wish they use the skill coz that's one of the most unique and useful skill. Other classes fancy that skill. I'm not saying their role is to exclusive "support" other classes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Mages control the crowds to lessen the damage a tank takes because tanks need a break from aggro every once in a while. In the midst of all that the rogues should take out mages>dps>tanks baddies. Mages are for CC.

I'm assuming the mana heal from mages was really meant for PvP.

In graveyard I give mana but any harder maps and I won't use the heal skill.

That's just my opinion and how I see it. As a mage you should protect your team as much as a tank really, but in a different way of course.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostNoob For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I’m one of the mages that still use that skill, mostly for “surviving” reasons against razor shield mobs in big pulls. And nobody in my 1000 lich kills in m6 ever asked me mana (asked......people usually just state “mana” with not even a pls).
    As a mage I stun/freeze/root as much as I can (fireball and clock mastery, breeze as base pet) and have shield for big pulls (there are good wars that are able to pull the entire map xD).
    Other mages just use pots and add other skills like Gale Force to remove curse and raise armor.
    Pots are the way to go for graveyard/mausoleum for each class. I spam them a lot......(I learned that 9999 is pots cap when mauso opened xD)
    Don’t be upset by it, just take in account that is common in those maps
    Last edited by Xxkayakxx; 06-13-2018 at 11:41 PM.
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I don't think you know exact purpose of the roles in game so let me break it down for ya real quick.

Warrior - aka tank. Muscled machine to keep enemies busy and your team alive while mages and rogues doing their job to kill them (holding aggro, taunt(ing) them)

Sorcerer - aka mages, smurf. Crowd control beasts. Their role is to deal massive Area of Effect damage and impairing them (stun/root/freeze/knock-back)

Rogue - aka rogue, lol. DPS and single damage monster. Cute but dangerous, focusing on massive one-target damage.
    Focusing on taking out most dangerous things/mob as first (example mage and witches in graveyard/maus)

So saying things like "mage should give mana" or "he benefit from my heal skill" is total BS and it is not like that since this cap, expansion. It's like that since I remember.

Besides mages using Heal in PvE ruin the aggro of tanks and I'd even say slower the runs such as m5/6. I personally don't mind when mages use heal in PvE in easy maps I even appreciate that. Ain't nobody wanna waste potions when all your skills just one hit everything around. But in harder maps such as m5-6 it's waste of skill-slot thus, damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Yeah, I gotta say it as well, you can't expect mages to give Mana in maps. One of the biggest pet peeves for mages in the past has been rogues asking for mana. If they want to and like to, great, but otherwise there are reasons they don't or won't. Specifically for aggro reasons, but also because it's not as useful anymore.

This has been a debate in the past between rogues and mages but overwhelmingly, most players always side with mages and respecting thier version of game play or skills. P.s. my main character is a rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Mages dont use heal in pve... It slows down the run . Much better to go shield and 3 offensive skills to have the most cc . Pots are cheap and all endgamers are expected to have them.

Only time when i use heal is for easy maps/events/hauntlet where i will be running for a long time without getting back any of the gold i burn on pots . Even then i swap it out for shield and keep my 3 offensive skills . Also , using the skill draws aggro onto the mage , if your tank wont taunt the mobs after you healed... rip .
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 06-14-2018 at 04:19 AM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macgreaze View Post
    I was running graveyard today. Two strong warriors, an agile rogue and powerful mage. We had a great team - or so I thought!

About half way through I realised my mana was running incredibly low due to healing everybody and wasn't being replenished. I was sure this was the Mage's role and assumed he had just forgot so politely asked in the chat.

I am flabbergasted. This cheeky Mage refusing to top up mana although benefiting from my heal. By telling me to "use pots" he is basically saying I should spend gold on keeping him alive. Do these Mages not realise that each class was made to compliment the other? Do they not know there is no "I" in team?

This game seems to be filled with selfish people just out for themselves now. I remember when players used to be helpful and honest. Shame on any Mage who doesn't give Mana. You know who you are!
    I don't know how you can say that this game is filled with selfish people. I have communicated with you in game and I don't recall being selfish. There are also other people on here who have been kind to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

P.S. I never ask a mage for mana..I'm just happy to benefit from their other skills and their company.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Yes. Susanne you are a very nice and helpful player. It's a rare thing to encounter now so please never change.

I am just shocked to see mages unwilling to help others just so their character is stronger.

Imagine if all warriors said, "endgame warriors don't use heal anymore, buy pots!" ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Yes. Susanne you are a very nice and helpful player. It's a rare thing to encounter now so please never change.

I am just shocked to see mages unwilling to help others just so their character is stronger.

Imagine if all warriors said, "endgame warriors don't use heal anymore, buy pots!" ...
    Thankyou..I have eaten humble pie. 😋 I do appreciate the warrior's healing skill but I respect the wishes of all classes to choose their own preference when it comes to skills though. I just go around shooting things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Uhmmmmmmm OK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Another P.S. I don't think kindness is rare...it's just the minority of unkind players who get noticed more than the caring ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Buy pots lol heal isnt for endgame mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

as a war, the only time i use heal is for pvp, when i farm i use full offensive skill, no heal and no jug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Well i can imagine you spending x2 more gold on pots if you dont use heal xd, different players, different playstyles and preferences and hey its random always expect the worst :P
    tip: use str/int gear instead of str/dex so that you will replenish more mana w/ 1 pot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

LMAO..... and those “no mana here” mages run after my tainted weapons mana pack like they were gold drops!
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I'm sorry, but I see this threads being made by you very often. It comes off as if you want everyone to re-fit their play-style so it fits you and your style. You honestly can't come here, and "demand" all of these things, and then ontop of that call the players "selfish".

If three players are doing X, and one player is doing Y, who should really change?
    Last edited by DalleManden; 06-15-2018 at 04:42 PM.
    Mage 71: Dalledalle Warrior 66: Dallemanden