Thread: Extremely insane unneeded amount of ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Default Extremely insane unneeded amount of ping

If you guys are having the same problem as me leave a reply below and give me some ideas on how to fix it, ik one is change the wifi provider but hughes net is the only one i can get rn. Funny thing is that the wifi is 100mb/s but the ping is 2000+

https://youtu.be/XMzt2G32HNM\

Watch the vid to see what im talking about. The ping is constantly over 1000 24/7/365 and not once has it went below 600.

Devs, ik this is a bug/tech issue post but im looking for opinions and ways to fix this issue, more people come here than to any other forum link. Move it if you guys want or need to, doesnt matter to me
    Last edited by im jeff; 06-16-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It depends if ur torrenting/downloading/using vpns etc at same time as playing w/ multiple users doing heavy activity e.g streaming 1080p vids or maybe ur throttled due to reaching monthly allowance? What device do you play on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BobDehBuilder View Post
    It depends if ur torrenting/downloading/using vpns etc at same time as playing w/ multiple users doing heavy activity e.g streaming 1080p vids or maybe ur throttled due to reaching monthly allowance? What device do you play on?
    i dont use vpns to play, i dont have torrents etc, the devices i play are Pc / iphone / android lol and there are only 8-13 devices on the internet. i have went into the routers setting and changed alot of things but that didnt help, the bill per month is 100-130$.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by im jeff View Post
    i dont use vpns to play, i dont have torrents etc, the devices i play are Pc / iphone / android lol and there are only 8-13 devices on the internet. i have went into the routers setting and changed alot of things but that didnt help, the bill per month is 100-130$.
    8-13 devices is a lot lol.

I assume you messed up some settings on your router. I just had to factory reset my phone because I was messing with networksettings and such. I had the same problem but mine kept on disconnecting me(couldn't even run one full map.).

Try and reset the router to the default settings and unplug it(from the wall) for a few mins.

I now am back to 80-100 ping now,after resetting my phone, hopefully this helps you!
    Last edited by PostNoob; 06-16-2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Edit:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by im jeff View Post
    ah probably shouldnt have touched the router setting xd, what specifically are those 8-13 devices doing? you shouldnt be lagging on 100mbps but depending still on their activity ;] 8-13 is quite alot would probably lag you if their doing heavy activities.... try speedtest first, see speed and ping, see if anything unusual, then do basic troubleshooting, restart device you play on and modem/router, then speedtest again see if there is any difference,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

8-13 devices isnt much tbh lol, i have 2 other houses i go to with over 15 devices on them and they work fine but the hughes net with 1200+ ping i edited the settings on was having the ping issue ever since it came. The devices are mostly phones 1 pc 3-4 xboxes 360's 1s etc and a playstation 3 on the laggy one.
    The other house has around 4 computers, 3 xbox 360's, xbox 1, 14-17 phones, 4 smart tvs and more but it works fine. then the 3rd one has 6 phones 1 smart tv 1 pc and its fine.
    I do know alot about the internet etc i would usually teach others how to either hack their wifi pass to get it if forgoten or if they have a windows pc with the wifi on it ill teach them how to use CMD to get the pass which the command is (Netsh wlan show profiles <wifi name> key=clear) and at the bottom it will say key content right next to that is the pass.

Providers are
    laggy one <Hughes net gen 5> 100mb/s 1200+ ping
    Fast one <belkin> 100mb/s 30-140 ping
    Med speed <frontier> 25mb/s 100-200 ping

Btw not all devices are running at the same time, its usually 13 running at a time at the max.
    Last edited by im jeff; 06-16-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Excluding issues with sts server issues here are a few things to consider :

1) wi-fi is generally unstable , no matter of the speed and should not be used for gaming ( unless your ok with ping spikes here and there )
    Does it lag on Ethernet to ?

2) With that amount of devices on your router , i would recommend setting up priorities and putting AL/your device on the top ( if your router allows it , also some routers have that option but dont let you customize priorities , that might be bad because usually video streaming is at the top )

3) Perhaps you closed some ports recently ? i Have no idea which ones AL uses or if it will even be a problem , but that can seriously mess up your connection in other games .

4) Theres an absolute minimum ping that you can get ,which depends on your location/distance from servers , No router tweaks or internet speed improvements can help with that .

5) If your internet in general started lagging ( without you doing something to it XD ) , it might be because of some sort of minor damage to the undersea internet cable of your region , if thats the case you can only wait for it to be fixed or move to a different country ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ( that happened to here recently , its pretty annoying ) .
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 06-16-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

i havent tried ethernet tbh lol i might try that today, and i live in the USA.
    i wish i could be connected to nasa's internet XD.

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Hughes Net is garbage, I have it too. Satellite internet is highly unstable and lag spikes are very annoying. I don't care what sales pitch they sell..Hughes Net is the problem. Unfortunately for me, it's the only available provider. It's the price paid for bucolic landscapes.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Hughes Net is garbage, I have it too. Satellite internet is highly unstable and lag spikes are very annoying. I don't care what sales pitch they sell..Hughes Net is the problem. Unfortunately for me, it's the only available provider. It's the price paid for bucolic landscapes.
    i will try for hours to find a different provider when i go back to that house lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

satt nets are very unreliable..... even if they say its 100mbps xd go fiber yay , i guess just limit device connections to ur router so they wont leech banwidth or as goui said see if u can prioritize those device u play AL on , or just change ISP xd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Yeah, these days i've also been facing this massive lag problem. I'm not sure whats going on this time.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

"..........if thats the case you can only wait for it to be fixed or move to a different country..."

NOT true...
    Before you MOVE to a different country.... lmao. Try this:
    (This goes for any online game)
    1. Make sure you know the location of the actual gaming servers where the game is hosted and your game client connects to. 99% of time its not in the same state/region as the game company itself.
    2. Get a GPN not a VPN. A GPN service works the same way but its not going to encrypt or "hide" u etc.
    3. In your GPN, pick the closest server, distance-wise ,to the actual game server location. Run ping tests on each to find lowest. This will give you very low ping. Sometimes the game servers and gpn servers are hosted at the same google cloud hosting center, and you can sometimes see pings as low as 10.

Dont use anything free, not even any free trials. Any product or service that have ANY way possible for someone to use it at all, even for a short time free, will be congested and crowded for sure and ping will be higher. I pay a couple of bucks a month for mine which lowered my ping from 200-400 in-tame down to 60.
    Last edited by Tranimall; 03-11-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i dont have any problems with 30mbs internet, maybe your network is instable, and i also have 6 device on this little internet, i only lag when 4/6 are watching hd vids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

You guys realizing this thread is from June last year? I bet he figured it out already xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranimall View Post
    "..........if thats the case you can only wait for it to be fixed or move to a different country..."

NOT true...
    Before you MOVE to a different country.... lmao. Try this:
    (This goes for any online game)
    1. Make sure you know the location of the actual gaming servers where the game is hosted and your game client connects to. 99% of time its not in the same state/region as the game company itself.
    2. Get a GPN not a VPN. A GPN service works the same way but its not going to encrypt or "hide" u etc.
    3. In your GPN, pick the closest server, distance-wise ,to the actual game server location. Run ping tests on each to find lowest. This will give you very low ping. Sometimes the game servers and gpn servers are hosted at the same google cloud hosting center, and you can sometimes see pings as low as 10.

Dont use anything free, not even any free trials. Any product or service that have ANY way possible for someone to use it at all, even for a short time free, will be congested and crowded for sure and ping will be higher. I pay a couple of bucks a month for mine which lowered my ping from 200-400 in-tame down to 60.
    The case should be that you necro'ed a thread that shouldve been cleared a year ago

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk