Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf Volta Dagger and reduce proc time period

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    Your logic doesn’t make any sense, the dagger is made for anyone with the stats of *275 BASE DEX* I don’t see anywhere in the game where the requirement to use said dagger is to be a ranger.
    The dagger needs tuning. Whether it is duration or the occurrence of the proc, any improvements with the dagger will help. Most have noticed that the “Rhino dagger looks deadly” and is true.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 06-19-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    His opinion is valid and that was my opinion to begin with. Lots of players receive opportunities.

We shouldn’t go off topic. The purpose of the thread was to improve pvp @ l105
    I didn’t play with the dagger before buff but if cinco buffed it without anyone telling him to obviously it was useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

The dagger was buffed for fox to utilize and have a chance in PVP L105. The dagger isn't meant to be utilized by a rhino to rush and team. It was already stated why rhino is extremely op with dagger. I will state it again:
    1) Extremely high armor and dodge
    2) Heal
    3) speed to chase
    4) debuff
    Result: an op class that can win easily.

When you have multiple players from different guilds commenting on supporting on tuning Rhino with dagger, there is a problem with Rhino and dagger @L105.

I will list again the players and the guild they are associated with that support the rhino dagger tuning based on the comments they have made.
    1) Crashy - Restoration
    2) XYzther - Restoration
    3) Jensmage - Virgin
    4) Congeniality - Family
    5) 3pc - Family
    6) Waug - WRE

Muzzling - APex
    Obsolize (HOOK Rhino) - Apex

One view of a player does not out weigh the common views of the community.
    Also, another thing, pvp was not made to go around a “Go System”, that was invented by the players. Forest fight is a full time FFA map, therefore rushing is not illegal, it is actually supported

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

It’s amazing how a dagger proc can immobilize the char and cause damage. Trying to stay on topic...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I didn’t play with the dagger before buff but if cinco buffed it without anyone telling him to obviously it was useless.
    You faced me with bow and lost 10-6. You faced me with str set. We were event at 4-4.

You seem to be under the notion that "oh, i cant kill someone, so i have to play classes/sets that require no skill" thats what you played during 100 cap in pvp along with EVERYONE at 85 cap playing blasters. Dagger wasnt useless before the buff. I played against foxes that did just fine with it. I played bear with dagger and it was fine.

The only reason you went to dagger and stayed there is because you know its broken and requires no skill at all to play AFTER buff. Before buff, it actually required skill and kiting to play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    You faced me with bow and lost 10-6. You faced me with str set. We were event at 4-4.

You seem to be under the notion that "oh, i cant kill someone, so i have to play classes/sets that require no skill" thats what you played during 100 cap in pvp along with EVERYONE at 85 cap playing blasters. Dagger wasnt useless before the buff. I played against foxes that did just fine with it. I played bear with dagger and it was fine.

The only reason you went to dagger and stayed there is because you know its broken and requires no skill at all to play AFTER buff. Before buff, it actually required skill and kiting to play it.
    But then if it went back to normal and you lost which you will, you’ll be right back here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Ultimately I think this is more so an issue with the fox and rhino classes themselves which need some form of buff and nerf respectively rather than the dagger itself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Crashy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

But then if it went back to normal and you lost which you will, you’ll be right back here
    Str set can be killed by mage and good bears yet still have advantages over birds and foxes because of the tankiness. Thats more balanced then a proc that keeps your opponent in 1 spot for 7 seconds and has an auto speed of .5 and dps of around 5k+ depending on class its used on. Combine the rhinos heal/drain and debuffs/buffs, it makes it an extremely OP class with the dagger.

You played bow on rhino which does need kiting skills be overall doesnt need skilld as ANYONE can just play at 13 range for auto then attack when proc activates. Though im still able to move around a bit, but the debuff on bow for crit/hit is crazy good. Just like the axe debuffing -100 hit and ~70 crit, AND it stacks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

The discussion has been apparently rage-fueled after all, too many rivals targeting each other. It seems a lot of the examples focus on 1v1, and the balance efforts put forth by Cinco are undoubtedly focused on team play. This seems to boil down to complaints about 1v1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    The discussion has been apparently rage-fueled after all, too many rivals targeting each other. It seems a lot of the examples focus on 1v1, and the balance efforts put forth by Cinco are undoubtedly focused on team play. This seems to boil down to complaints about 1v1.
    Teamplay is the main focus of this cap, and dagger isn’t even an issue in teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Teamplay is the main focus of this cap, and dagger isn’t even an issue in teams.
    Pvp is the main focus of the game and the quality of the game. Quality of the game determines the revenue of the game.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 06-19-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Yes, i know thats what his focus was. Thats now how pvp will become after the tourney. It will end up dead and 1 class will rule it all with dagger. Thats exactly why 100 pvp died.
    1 weapon to rule them all and 1 class when played with 4pc to rule them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Yes, i know thats what his focus was. Thats now how pvp will become after the tourney. It will end up dead and 1 class will rule it all with dagger. Thats exactly why 100 pvp died.
    1 weapon to rule them all and 1 class when played with 4pc to rule them all.
    I just don’t want the dagger to be ruined, considering I’ve spent a lot of money enchanting my dex set including dagger.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

No need to nerf the dagger just nerf rhino

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Idevour For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Here's an unpopular opinion after experimenting with dagger rhino: it doesn't feel op to me. I'd much rather play bow or talon rhino than dagger and I actually feel like bow/talon rhino is much more 'op', depending on how you use it, but then again, I mainly play with ranged sets. In team play the dagger feels just okay. I feel out of the three sets, dagger rhino is the most 'balanced' in team play. In 1-1 it kills certain classes/class types but so does every other class/class type. And in certain fights it completely comes down to procs.

Unfortunately, you're all going to get the dagger nerfed without even trying it for yourselves. There's already too much support for a nerf, but I believe the nerf is directed in the wrong direction. The problem is the classes themselves (fox and rhino) rather than the dagger. The classes themselves need to be tweaked. I always felt that both rhinos and foxes were unfinished products ever since they were brought to the game. I was speaking with Rose about this and she made an interesting point - if there was some way to add a new set of skills to a class like foxes, there may be plenty of better ideas for an assassin-like character than what fox is currently capable of. Foxes perhaps could do without one of their dashes or even both if the class was tweaked enough. An invisible skill could greatly help an assassin-like character such as the fox. I know plenty of other games that have assassins that go invisible for a few seconds and combat is usually balanced. I have numerous other ideas for tweaks to both classes, this is just one example.

If we're sticking to simple tweaks though, fox definitely needs some sort of defensive buff but I'm not quite sure what it needs, which is another reason I've been reluctant to voice an opinion about this debate on forums but I'm going to share it because several of you have been asking me to do so in our private messages. The fox class feels entirely too squishy. Similarly, I feel that the rhino is overtuned and needs some sort of nerf, probably to heals or a certain combo (summon into redemption). The rhino currently has too much heal and could do without one of the combos, or a reduction to the amount of heal that it gets from certain combos/skills.

I am speaking from as much of an unbiased perspective as I possibly can. I could care less if rhinos are nerfed even though I have a level 105 rhino myself. I only hop on the class sometimes to have fun and see what all the hype is about. It would actually be advantageous for me to argue for a dagger nerf with the tourney coming up, but I'm not going to do so because that's not what I genuinely believe should be tweaked. After all is said and done, I hope that rhinos and foxes can get the tweaks that they deserve so that pvp can be more balanced.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I just don’t want the dagger to be ruined, considering I’ve spent a lot of money enchanting my dex set including dagger.

If you feel like you are wasting money on enchanting, sell your set to me and I will pay double the gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    We can't really say the discussion has been apparently rage-fueled. Look at the overall discussion about dagger, rhino, and fox inputs. Good opinions are flowing in.
    More than 70 percent of the daily battles are 1v1 PVP. Should 70% not deserve tuning?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

By viewing this image with the comments from the players, the image provides you an idea when a rhino PVP against another class. 8-2 against a good mage. Another rhino comments " Dagger rhino looks deadly". The other rhino battling says "Epeasy".

Attachment 168832

Lel.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Lel.........
    Right? Complaining about people trash talking she does that herself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

From reading all the feedback on this thread about nerfing the dagger.

There are valid opinions as to why it needs a nerf for the most strongest pvp class the Rhino and how this nerf will have adverse effects the weakest pvp class the Fox.

The most easiest solution for Cinco is to make the 105 sets classed based. However, many players love the option of using different sets for all classes.

Pvp balance has always been a strong focus with he PL community. Lack of it affects players motivation to continue to play the game, thus causing inactivity.

There is no easy fix solution, perhaps more feed back from serious pvpers regarding each class, the skills sets and what specifically needs to be changed, buffed or nerfed.

Hopefully Cinco will take all this on board and it will be a long process to please everyone.
    Last edited by Fwend; 06-20-2018 at 11:19 AM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post: