Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf Volta Dagger and reduce proc time period

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Nerf Volta Dagger and reduce proc time period

The rate at which a dagger can auto is 0.5x. If 0.5x occurs on a dagger, does it not cause proc to occur more often? The time period at which the proc occurs is long enough so that the proc will occur again because the dagger is 0.5 speed. What it means is it’s impossoble for a mage or bear to survive once a proc is initiated while rhino is utilizing the weapon.

When a rhino utilizes a Volta Dagger set, it’s almost impossible to beat. Reason is:
    1) rhino has high armor
    2) chasing speed
    3) heal
    4) debuff
    Basically it’s like a mage with better features in a 1v1 environment.

A proc is a nice feature in PvP but he shouldn’t be a major factor in determining who will win. The duration of these procs contribute to the outcome way too much. The time period of these procs should be reduced to minimize the effects.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

I think the problem isn’t with the dagger, it’s more with rhino. I say leave dagger as it is because if you nerf that, then foxes which are already underpowered are getting even more screwed over. Possibly just make it where the dagger isn’t equippable for rhino. I agree that rhino with dagger is quite strong.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    I think the problem isn’t with the dagger, it’s more with rhino. I say leave dagger as it is because if you nerf that, then foxes which are already underpowered are getting even more screwed over. Possibly just make it where the dagger isn’t equippable for rhino. I agree that rhino with dagger is quite strong.
    Sounds like a good idea. Restrict the dagger from rhino.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jensmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. Restrict the dagger from rhino.
    This is not gonna happen most probably because then they will have to make sets class-bound like previous cap.

The very first thing I like to see in edngame is that - ALL the procs should be highly nerfed, procs are random and luck based, there are alrdy many luck factors involved in pvp bring such high procs is to make things worse. Procs are there, they are not gonna get removed, but the effect should be highly nerfed. atleast nerfing to 1/5 of it's value would be justified, for an example talon proc giving 1k armor 10k hp, its ridiculous, something like +100 armor +100 hp would make sense, not just talon, from my perspective every proc should be nerfed same way in the first place before we try to get things balanced.

Not only lucky random thing deciding the wining factor but also it feels like PVE in a 3/3 5/5, defensive stats gone so high.
    Last edited by Waug; 06-17-2018 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

You are actually just wrong because in order to auto I have to be right on top of you.... So I take 10x more damage from your team than u sitting safely in the back. If you are able to kite me, I get no proc, period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    You are actually just wrong because in order to auto I have to be right on top of you.... So I take 10x more damage from your team than u sitting safely in the back. If you are able to kite me, I get no proc, period.
    A fox will have a hard time to auto close by but not a rhino. They should not permit rhinos to use dagger because they are able to maintain close distance most of the time to auto. Once dagger proc locks onto a class mage, it’s ~90% impossible to escape.

Proc time should be reduced.

Sts should test out rhino vs mage to view the pvp of a mage vs rhino. Once dagger proc is locked to a mage, it basically takes less than 8 seconds to kill a mage with just proc occuring continuously. Even with weakness and fire...it’s not possible to escape. The mana pool is useless for a mage because wand rate is so slow. Because wand rate is slow compared to a bow or dagger, mage has less procs to occur.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jensmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

A fox will have a hard time to auto close by but not a rhino. They should not permit rhinos to use dagger because they are able to maintain close distance most of the time to auto. Once dagger proc locks onto a class mage, it’s ~90% impossible to escape.

Proc time should be reduced.

Sts should test out rhino vs mage to view the pvp of a mage vs rhino. Once dagger proc is locked to a mage, it basically takes less than 8 seconds to kill a mage with just proc occuring continuously. Even with weakness and fire...it’s not possible to escape. The mana pool is useless for a mage because wand rate is so slow. Because wand rate is slow compared to a bow or dagger, mage has less procs to occur.
    I was referring the the original post, discarding the rhino comparison but talking about the dagger set because I panicked seeing another way fox could be weaker lol. I totally agree about the rhino thing, and should have read the more recent comments on your thread to watch the direction of the conversation. Sorry for any confusion, I agree 100% about the rhino dilemma.

Thank you!
    Walie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Do u even play smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Foxes can kill pretty fast with proc inactive if you time skills and stuns right. As soon as proc is active, no one can move. Its actually making fox betted.

Now to address a dagger nerf. The proc lasts a little too long. This is a reason why the global cooldown time should have never been set at 8 sec for all proc except 2h.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trajectory View Post
    Do u even play smh

I’ll play again if slicbac returns my set or trade my other bird set bird. He claims he made 100m even though he rarely farms, buys plats, or farm. wasted $1,200 or more enchanting that set.

U miss me food

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I’ll play again if slicbac returns my set or trade my other bird set bird. He claims he made 100m even though he rarely farms, buys plats, or farm. wasted $1,200 or more enchanting that set.

U miss me food
    u should give me everything until then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trajectory View Post
    u should give me everything until then

Ok sure... meet at shadow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Ok sure... meet at shadow
    i know it’s not gonna happen but now i’m at shadow 24/7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

The issue here definitely isn't the dagger itself, but rather the fox and rhino skills themselves which need to be worked on. The ability for rhinos to heal through restore, in addition to its combos, while dealing the high damge it can from buffs allows it to utilize every set making the sets appear op.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Crashy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crashy View Post
    The issue here definitely isn't the dagger itself, but rather the fox and rhino skills themselves which need to be worked on. The ability for rhinos to heal through restore, in addition to its combos, while dealing the high damge it can from buffs allows it to utilize every set making the sets appear op.
    The dagger got a proc spawn buff that was never needed. The fact that the dagger proc lasts longer then all the other procs, not to mention it immobilizes the target. It should not last as long as it does.

Rhino with dagger is broken with its heals included. This is what brings back no skilled components for 1 class being broken OP. Dodge and armor combined with the healing abilities of rhino just negate alot, if not all of the damage it takes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    The dagger got a proc spawn buff that was never needed. The fact that the dagger proc lasts longer then all the other procs, not to mention it immobilizes the target. It should not last as long as it does.

Rhino with dagger is broken with its heals included. This is what brings back no skilled components for 1 class being broken OP. Dodge and armor combined with the healing abilities of rhino just negate alot, if not all of the damage it takes.

The only people that think rhino takes skill are the ones that play nothing but rhino with dagger and wont play any other class because they would otherwise do terrible.

Dagger proc spawn rate needs to godown along with the amount of time it lasts. This is going back to 100 cap PVP where 1 class will rule them all requiring no skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

They really need to tune Rhino with dagger. It doesn't require much skills for a rhino to win. Its even worse when a rhino with dagger that bullies players and act tough. It is really looking like PVP is similar to L100.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Fox isnt too bad to kill if it has dagger ive killed quite a few times. But rhino is a different story they can continue to stay close and with OP dodge and high armor almost impossible to kill ive tried every way to kite but they always manage to make their way back to me. Then again only skilled rhinos with dagger can kill me because you have to be good enough to know how to stay close range to land the proc and avoid getting kited. Ive played some new rhinos with dagger and though they do get me because they are tanks lol i have been able to kill them.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Fox isnt too bad to kill if it has dagger ive killed quite a few times. But rhino is a different story they can continue to stay close and with OP dodge and high armor almost impossible to kill ive tried every way to kite but they always manage to make their way back to me. Then again only skilled rhinos with dagger can kill me because you have to be good enough to know how to stay close range to land the proc and avoid getting kited. Ive played some new rhinos with dagger and though they do get me because they are tanks lol i have been able to kill them.
    Thank you, only skilled rhinos can use it properly, ive seen plenty of not so skilled dagger rhinos die to everything. It’s simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Fox is not the issue with PVP. Its Rhino with dagger that is the issue @ L105. They can continue to stay close and with OP doge, high armor, and heal is almost impossible to kill and escape.

ANY RHINO IS OP AFTER 30 MINS. That is how long it takes for any rhino to be op. Sorry but that is the truth and its sucks.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 06-18-2018 at 07:02 PM.