Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf Volta Dagger and reduce proc time period

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I could make all of the Elite Level 105 weapons class-based.

This is objectively the easiest thing to do and the least intrusive (with respect to balance).
    Not sure if that is a good idea. A little difficult to sell a set if they are class based. I believe it provides more options for players to find a set that works best for their playing style and class preference.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 06-19-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

We run a very high risk of breaking the dagger... making it 'useless' or 'totally OP' (more OP than it already is).

I'm okay with these risks. I'm not in a tourney ;-)

But keep in mind: I've got about an hour to dedicate to Pocket Legends over the next day and a half so I'd like for the changes not to be rage-fuel.
    As someone who solely uses the dagger set, I ask you not to nerf everything that has been mentioned here, as fox will quite literally be useless in my opinion. I would much prefer the class specific gear option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

We run a very high risk of breaking the dagger... making it 'useless' or 'totally OP' (more OP than it already is).

I'm okay with these risks. I'm not in a tourney ;-)

But keep in mind: I've got about an hour to dedicate to Pocket Legends over the next day and a half so I'd like for the changes not to be rage-fuel.
    Risk is worth the change because change can be altered again. Good thing it’s only a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Risk is worth the change because change can be altered again. Good thing it’s only a game.
    Good thing I'm playing fox in a tourney in the coming days/weeks..... halp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Id be okay with that. Class based weapons kept everyone in their own lanes and didnt allow classes to become OP with other gear. Although id nerf the rhino with str set a bit to balance that out for other classes.

The other option i can see to keep rhino with dagger set balanced out is for a dagger nerf. Heres a list of nerfs/buffs id suggest for an all around balanced dagger.

1. Dagger speed nerf.
    2. Dagger damage buff (to compensate for speed nerf)
    3. Dagger proc time nerf (how long is lasts)
    4. Dagger proc spawn nerf (idk why it got buffed in the first place)
    Id prefer numbers 1-4 on the dagger then it really isnt used by anyone but rhino after it was discovered to be OP for the class. People do enjoy having gear not being restricted just like how it was in the day and i would rather have it like that if only 1 weapon has to get nerfed.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    As someone who solely uses the dagger set, I ask you not to nerf everything that has been mentioned here, as fox will quite literally be useless in my opinion. I would much prefer the class specific gear option.
    I think fox needs bettee buffs and damage skills in all honesty, not gear. The dagger needs a nerf.

I also have another suggestion for both dagger and rhino. A list of buffs/nerfs for things. A combination of the things i list, not all.

Rhino.
    1. Heal regen should be nerfed (speed of heal becoming available again)
    2. Tweaking the skills and what buffs/debuffs the inflict.
    3. Nerf heal for rhino (hp gained per heal)

Dagger.
    1. Dagger speed nerf
    2. Dagger damage buff (to compensate for speed nerf)
    3. Dagger proc time nerf (how long proc lasts)
    4. Dagger proc spawn rate nerfed (never understood why it was buffed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I'm not on board with a rhino nerf. A fox buff/adjustment of certain skills has been discussed a lot and there's been good ideas to improve the viability of this ranger class, which also recently got a little buff (+ Increased the base damage for Ranger characters by 25%. + Increased effectiveness of Ranger's Armor Shredder, Rabid Bite and Rage Tonic). I can support a test of a dagger tweak but Cinco has limited time. And we've got a tourney that is live. This started off as a simple dagger tweak and has turned into a laundry list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    I'm not on board with a rhino nerf. A fox buff/adjustment of certain skills has been discussed a lot and there's been good ideas to improve the viability of this ranger class, which also recently got a little buff (+ Increased the base damage for Ranger characters by 25%. + Increased effectiveness of Ranger's Armor Shredder, Rabid Bite and Rage Tonic). I can support a test of a dagger tweak but Cinco has limited time. And we've got a tourney that is live. This started off as a simple dagger tweak and has turned into a laundry list.
    Ive thrown that out there for rhino tweaking because even a str rhino beats birds/bears/foxes and trash mages. It needs its buffs tweaked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Ive thrown that out there for rhino tweaking because even a str rhino beats birds/bears/foxes and trash mages.
    That's not entirely correct. Depends on the rhino and the opponent. Not every player is equal.

Walie is concerned about a dagger tweak at this time. Curious what others think about the dagger discussion.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

That's not entirely correct. Depends on the rhino and the opponent. Not every player is equal.

Walie is concerned about a dagger tweak at this time. Curious what others think about the dagger discussion.
    The dagger got a well needed buff, before said buff, it was bad and was never used by anyone because it did not proc enough to stay close (which you need to or dagger is bad) also I disagree with class based sets because of the fact that the tournament coming only allows DEX/INT sets on rhinos, therefore, many rhinos, would not be able to compete. Another reason, I like the freedom of choosing my playstyle on any class along with many others. Plus I’ve spent a lot enchanting my dex set for my rhino, so really the way I look it at it is unfair to many players besides the ones complaining about losing in a 1v1. Rhino is a very skilled class for teamplay, and that is what cinco is focused on this cap, maybe tweak the dagger some to where it wouldn’t make it useless again but please do not change anything else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    The dagger got a well needed buff, before said buff, it was bad and was never used by anyone because it did not proc enough to stay close (which you need to or dagger is bad) also I disagree with class based sets because of the fact that the tournament coming only allows DEX/INT sets on rhinos, therefore, many rhinos, would not be able to compete. Another reason, I like the freedom of choosing my playstyle on any class along with many others. Plus I’ve spent a lot enchanting my dex set for my rhino, so really the way I look it at it is unfair to many players besides the ones complaining about losing in a 1v1. Rhino is a very skilled class for teamplay, and that is what cinco is focused on this cap, maybe tweak the dagger some to where it wouldn’t make it useless again but please do not change anything else.
    The dagger was buffed for fox to utilize and have a chance in PVP L105. The dagger isn't meant to be utilized by a rhino to rush and team. It was already stated why rhino is extremely op with dagger. I will state it again:
    1) Extremely high armor and dodge
    2) Heal
    3) speed to chase
    4) debuff
    Result: an op class that can win easily.

When you have multiple players from different guilds commenting on supporting on tuning Rhino with dagger, there is a problem with Rhino and dagger @L105.

I will list again the players and the guild they are associated with that support the rhino dagger tuning based on the comments they have made.
    1) Crashy - Restoration
    2) XYzther - Restoration
    3) Jensmage - Virgin
    4) Congeniality - Family
    5) 3pc - Family
    6) Waug - WRE

Muzzling - APex
    Obsolize (HOOK Rhino) - Apex

One view of a player does not out weigh the common views of the community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Kind of hard to say if you are on board with the rhino dagger being adjusted. I have not seen you PVP for weeks and months and I havent seen Bro/Drae PVP at all. Difficult to make a judgement when someone doesnt PVP much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

By viewing this image with the comments from the players, the image provides you an idea when a rhino PVP against another class. 8-2 against a good mage. Another rhino comments " Dagger rhino looks deadly". The other rhino battling says "Epeasy".

Name:  PVP Rhino.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  95.8 KB
    Last edited by Jensmage; 06-19-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Dagger never needed a buff. I played it just fine on bear. It was decent still on fox. It never needed a proc spawn buff. The proc lasts too long and keeps a player in 1 spot. Fox is already weak enough before AND after the buff. Fox didnt need gear buff, it needs skill buffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Dagger should return to normal and tune fox to be more competitive will resolve the issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Dagger should return to normal and tune fox to be more competitive will resolve the issue.
    It will not resolve it. The proc time needs a nerf considering it lasts too long right now. Nerf the speed and time length, buff the damage and see what that does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

It will not resolve it. The proc time needs a nerf considering it lasts too long right now. Nerf the speed and time length, buff the damage and see what that does.
    Your opinion is honestly completely irrelevant considering you’ve been banned multiple times in game and I’m surprised you haven’t been banned on the forums yet. You just want everything besides the gear/classes you use to be bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

If this is going to be a proc based type of pvp every weapon needs a good proc to be able to defend themselves. The dagger got a buff because it was bad, the dagger is the PERFECT weapon for a rhino/fox, that’s why people who know their classes well can use them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

The dagger was buffed for fox to utilize and have a chance in PVP L105. The dagger isn't meant to be utilized by a rhino to rush and team. It was already stated why rhino is extremely op with dagger. I will state it again:
    1) Extremely high armor and dodge
    2) Heal
    3) speed to chase
    4) debuff
    Result: an op class that can win easily.

When you have multiple players from different guilds commenting on supporting on tuning Rhino with dagger, there is a problem with Rhino and dagger @L105.

I will list again the players and the guild they are associated with that support the rhino dagger tuning based on the comments they have made.
    1) Crashy - Restoration
    2) XYzther - Restoration
    3) Jensmage - Virgin
    4) Congeniality - Family
    5) 3pc - Family
    6) Waug - WRE

Muzzling - APex
    Obsolize (HOOK Rhino) - Apex

One view of a player does not out weigh the common views of the community.
    Your logic doesn’t make any sense, the dagger is made for anyone with the stats of *275 BASE DEX* I don’t see anywhere in the game where the requirement to use said dagger is to be a ranger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Your opinion is honestly completely irrelevant considering you’ve been banned multiple times in game and I’m surprised you haven’t been banned on the forums yet. You just want everything besides the gear/classes you use to be bad.
    His opinion is valid and that was my opinion to begin with. Lots of players receive opportunities.

We shouldn’t go off topic. The purpose of the thread was to improve pvp @ l105
    Last edited by Jensmage; 06-19-2018 at 08:23 PM.