Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf Volta Dagger and reduce proc time period

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    There is no perfect solution. If gear gets class restricted, people then switch to op class. Even if today's op class gets nerfed, there's always another op class tomorrow. Good luck balancing it all out to where no one complains - not happening. The constant tug of war over gear and class balance will never end. It is what it is. Try to enjoy it.
    In all honesty, since the nerf on rhino didnt work. I think it should be class restricted. Dagger/talon/bow to bird/fox
    Sword/axe/2h sword to bear/rhino
    Wand/staff to mage.
    It would actually be more balanced this way.
    Birds can kill str rhinos.
    Mages can kill str rhinos.
    Bears can kill str rhinos (but the fights last forever)
    Foxes can kill str rhino. (With dagger)
    Birds can kill mages (with bow requiring little skill)
    Birds can kill bears.
    Bears can kill birds.
    Bears can kill mages (with control)

At this point, it would balance pvp out more then worrying about "can i use my dex gear in pve?" Pvp is more active then farming at endgame. Pvp needs to be kept alive. Dex rhinos are going to continue to ruin endgame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    In all honesty, since the nerf on rhino didnt work. I think it should be class restricted. Dagger/talon/bow to bird/fox
    Sword/axe/2h sword to bear/rhino
    Wand/staff to mage.
    It would actually be more balanced this way.
    Birds can kill str rhinos.
    Mages can kill str rhinos.
    Bears can kill str rhinos (but the fights last forever)
    Foxes can kill str rhino. (With dagger)
    Birds can kill mages (with bow requiring little skill)
    Birds can kill bears.
    Bears can kill birds.
    Bears can kill mages (with control)

At this point, it would balance pvp out more then worrying about "can i use my dex gear in pve?" Pvp is more active then farming at endgame. Pvp needs to be kept alive. Dex rhinos are going to continue to ruin endgame.

Lol birds will be king of the court with endgame if sets were class restricted. I am a plus one with sets being class restricted if dex bow is tuned. The dex bow is extremely op. It has range, op dmg, and FIRE PIT. fire pit is so bad that it slows down the entire team and causes dmg when the entire team is stuck within the area of the pit.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 06-25-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Lol birds will be king of the court with endgame if sets were class restricted. I am okay with sets being class restricted if dex bow is tuned. The dex bow is extremely op. It has range, op dmg, and FIRE PIT. fire pit is so bad that it slows down the entire team and causes dmg when the entire team is stuck within the area of the pit.
    I dont think the bow needs the slowness. Maybe tweak its damage while hit with proc and leave the crit/hit% debuff it has the same. Its really good without the slowness but with its 13 range included in the slowess, its hard for any class other then another person using a bow, to be able to defend itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Would not be against sets being class specific tbh, rhinos arnt super op 1v1 w a str set like they are dex

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Dex set mage is op during a 1v1 and team environment ( 2v2 or 3v3 CTF). When a mage selects talon with proc, it basically impossible to kill for ~8 seconds. A bear and dex mage can attack an int mage easily during a ctf or 2v2. 8 seconds of impossible to kill for a dex set mage is op. I was trying out dex mage and beating a bear, bird, and int mage did not require skills or minimum skills. Other classes are taking advantage of the dex procs to win. If int mage had speed back, it might be a different story. Doubt that will happen.

All classes except for bear are switching to Dex set because of the advantages with dex set procs. Image will display the state at which PVP L105 is at. Mage selects dex. Rhino and bird also selects dex. Rip int set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Dex rhino requires no skills. They tank too much and the proc lasts too long on dagger. Dex mage is for nubs that dont know how to nuke as INT mage.
    "When a mage selects talon with proc, it basically impossible to kill for ~8 seconds" - If ANY class selects talon with proc, it's get tankiest thing in pvp, not just mage. It's funny when you said "when a mage selects talon" that's because your perspective you don't wanna see a mage with talon.

My perspective endgame pvp is in one of the it's worst situation. I don't even understand that in such a cracked environment, tourney is being hosted, it's totally about who can sneak flag is gonna win, old days rockwall ctf in a finished match players used to have 100+ kills now its max kill is like 10 and one team already own SAYS THE WHOLE STORY , not saying it as non constructive way, I admire cinco's hard work and getting to that constructive way.

Last cap atleast it was fun to do 2-2/3-3 no gun, but in this cap, it's broken everywhere every angle. All I can see in this thread is that some int mages getting their way through a position where no other class or play style is op other than int mage. They're fine with it, this is it because they can beat any other class in 1-1 and they don't care if other classes can't beat em or 3v3 ffa ain't fun anymore. Anybody can tank with a talon proc, even if it's weakest class, you aimed a weakest class in ffa, as it should be, next moment you found that it got proc, now it's tankiest. But then which particular proc to blame? wand proc makes a almost zero HP zero Mana mage full to it's fullest and that to every single team mate.

As far as dagger rhino, ofc it's significantly OP that anything else because one it's close that continuous proc is like death trap not a good way like a pro bear can pin it's enemy by proper skills rather an auto way.

When ppl says bow has high damage they actually don't have any idea what a bow should be, it's still lacking skill damage with low armor then if it's proc is a problem then why other weapons have their proc? Saying it skill-less is like saying you don't have skill to kill a low armor player, try to modify ur tactics? a bow mage can kill a bear, a int mage can't? if so work on your skill pls.

In such a situation if procs gonna stay making items class bound is like throwing endgame pvp in a recycle bin.
    Last edited by Waug; 06-26-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I found an other solution for endgamepvp for myself

Why not stick to the arena of honer?

There are many reason to do that.
    - Sets are balanced and cheap.
    - No luck based proc
    - No op Dodge/Hit/Crit
    - No expensive an luck based enchantments

Only missing thing is a honer set ctf map
    Ty Cinco

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yannjoel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yannjoel View Post

- No luck based proc
    - No op Dodge/Hit/Crit

^ just make the Honor arena a permanent arena (and add a ctf Honor map).

Those who like regular endgame pvp can pvp with elite 105 sets. Those who like Honor pvp can pvp with Honor gear.

And more Honor gear or arena maps/sets/stats can be added in the future for other types of pvp at endgame, so you can choose what type of pvp to play and enjoy.

Personally I like both, but some people only enjoy one or the other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yannjoel View Post

- No luck based proc
    - No op Dodge/Hit/Crit

Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    "When a mage selects talon with proc, it basically impossible to kill for ~8 seconds" - If ANY class selects talon with proc, it's get tankiest thing in pvp, not just mage. It's funny when you said "when a mage selects talon" that's because your perspective you don't wanna see a mage with talon.

My perspective endgame pvp is in one of the it's worst situation. I don't even understand that in such a cracked environment, tourney is being hosted, it's totally about who can sneak flag is gonna win, old days rockwall ctf in a finished match players used to have 100+ kills now its max kill is like 10 and one team already own SAYS THE WHOLE STORY , not saying it as non constructive way, I admire cinco's hard work and getting to that constructive way.

Last cap atleast it was fun to do 2-3/3-3 no gun, but in this cap, it's broken everywhere every angle. All I can see in this thread is that some int mages getting their way through a position where no other class or play style is op other than int mage. They're fine with it, this is it because they can beat any other class in 1-1 and they don't care if other classes can't beat em or 3v3 ffa ain't fun anymore. Anybody can tank with a talon proc, even if it's weakest class, you aimed a weakest class in ffa, as it should be, next moment you found that it got proc, now it's tankiest. But then which particular proc to blame? wand proc makes a almost zero HP zero Mana mage full to it's fullest and that to every single team mate.

As far as dagger rhino, ofc it's significantly OP that anything else because one it's close that continuous proc is like death trap not a good way like a pro bear can pin it's enemy by proper skills rather an auto way.

When ppl says bow has high damage they actually don't have any idea what a bow should be, it's still lacking skill damage with low armor then if it's proc is a problem then why other weapons have their proc? Saying it skill-less is like saying you don't have skill to kill a low armor player, try to modify ur tactics? a bow mage can kill a bear, a int mage can't? if so work on your skill pls.

In such a situation if procs gonna stay making items class bound is like throwing endgame pvp in a recycle bin.
    To be honest with you, I am not reading all that information. I will join the others and play rhino because it’s op. It’s already given that dex set (procs) has advantage over int set. I was pointing out the benefits of dex set over int set. Playing dex mage is fun. Makes it easier to win. Remember that mage and rhino can heal so they have an advantage when utilizing talon proc. Lol tank like a god and heal yourself while you are at it. It’s not broken...it still needs adjustment.

Arena of Honor should be permanent.

Do u recall all the levels with bow bird before l105? They werent able to withstand a nuke from mage or bear without buff and maintain half their health. They are suppose to require kiting skills.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 06-26-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Pvp isnt balanced. The only class that stands a chance vs rhino (IF IT GETS LUCKY PROC) is the bird. Thats IF they get their proc and can nuke fast enough. Other then that, dagger rhino will dominate endgame and will just be boring.

As far as honor arena. Its more balanced then endgame but is still crit/dodge luck based. Its literally twink pvp for L100+. That realy doesnt require much skill either. Birds 3 shot mages, bears 3 shot mages and mages can rarely get a full nuke on a bird in the first combo. I enjoy honor arena but its not as fun as have to strategize and learn when to be aggressive or when to be conservative in endgame.

Now you can say "well just strategize vs dagger rhino." NOPE, thats now how it works vs dagger rhino because of its dash/healing. Its dodge buffs allow it to dodge the majority of anyones repulse/fire/stomp skills to remain at distance. I play bear/mage/bird and have messed around with all classes and even bear cant wall a rhino and nuke it with the axe. The bird has to get lucky with its own proc and can keep the rhino rooted. Thats not skill based pvp. Its not fun for ANY other class other then rhino. Ive seen several people already making rhinos for pvp because the people who already have them, are abusing how broken dagger rhinos are. For everyone to just start turning to 1 class/gear to even try to enjoy pvp ON TOP OF P2W, it will destroy the pvp community faster then pure stats did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

To be honest with you, I am not reading all that information. I will join the others and play rhino because it’s op. It’s already given that dex set (procs) has advantage over int set. I was pointing out the benefits of dex set over int set. Playing dex mage is fun. Makes it easier to win. Remember that mage and rhino can heal so they have an advantage when utilizing talon proc. Lol tank like a god and heal yourself while you are at it. It’s not broken...it still needs adjustment.

Arena of Honor should be permanent.

Do u recall all the levels with bow bird before l105? They werent able to withstand a nuke from mage or bear without buff and maintain half their health. They are suppose to require kiting skills.
    Good that u didn't read xD
    Dagger rhino op, I also said that :P

Dex mages sacrifies mana, that compensate with dmg they get but then again as said talon proc is tankiest FOR ALL CLASSES not for mage only.
    Bird and mage both requires kiting, mage isn't a thing that u can cut slowly bit by bit like what u can do against bear as bird, bcz mage gonna get back heal to full, u got that what I said, no need to explain as u dont read long lines xD and that's true for previous caps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Good that u didn't read xD
    Dagger rhino op, I also said that :P

Dex mages sacrifies mana, that compensate with dmg they get but then again as said talon proc is tankiest FOR ALL CLASSES not for mage only.
    Bird and mage both requires kiting, mage isn't a thing that u can cut slowly bit by bit like what u can do against bear as bird, bcz mage gonna get back heal to full, u got that what I said, no need to explain as u dont read long lines xD and that's true for previous caps.
    What mana is there to sacrifice for mage dex or int set? When MS is initiated by a mage dex or int, mana is pretty useless because it gets depleted so quick. Mage cant rely on mana pool to occur because most of the time it doesn't.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I would love to see Arena of Honor Permanent. That’s a capital P my friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I would love to see Arena of Honor Permanent. That’s a capital P my friends.
    Totally agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

What mana is there to sacrifice for mage dex or int set? When MS is initiated by a mage dex or int, mana is pretty useless because it gets depleted so quick. Mage cant rely on mana pool to occur because most of the time it doesn't.
    Of course, you loose some advantages to gain some including that pool proc
    and for a team int mages does what they meant to do, a team doesn't require a mage to go and tank, mage get killed, team dead rather an int mage is way much more usefull staying behind whole team, healing em and creating water pool where we all can bath and be refreshed and reviving dead team mates xD now tell me what would you choose in a proper team, play as talon mage and go tank or stay behind and doing ks other than those that already I mentioned :3
    Last edited by Waug; 06-27-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Of course, you loose some advantages to gain some including that pool proc
    and for a team int mages does what they meant to do, a team doesn't require a mage to go and tank, mage get killed, team dead rather an int mage is way much more usefull staying behind whole team, healing em and creating water pool where we all can bath and be refreshed and reviving dead team mates xD now tell me what would you choose in a proper team, play as talon mage and go tank or stay behind and doing ks other than those that already I mentioned :3
    We cant really say int is best for team. Someone during the CTF said Talon is broken. You cant really expect a team that rarely plays CTF to beat an expert team in ctf. Also, we had an int bird. Score was 2-2 at the beginning and we kept getting new players.

2 dex mages and an int bird vs 2 int mage and a bear being able to tie 2-2 is really good. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

We cant really say int is best for team. Someone during the CTF said Talon is broken. You cant really expect a team that rarely plays CTF to beat an expert team in ctf. Also, we had an int bird. Score was 2-2 at the beginning and we kept getting new players.

2 dex mages and an int bird vs 2 int mage and a bear being able to tie 2-2 is really good. lol
    It is but I said in a proper team, means lets say we have bird bear mage, then it's stupidity to tank with a talon mage, int mage best fit. Lets say we have 2 mages, then one might want to tank a bit with talon but even with 2 mages and one bird (lets say) talon bird should be first line of defense :3

Depends but ofc in general an int mage best fit for a team, still holds true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

It is but I said in a proper team, means lets say we have bird bear mage, then it's stupidity to tank with a talon mage, int mage best fit. Lets say we have 2 mages, then one might want to tank a bit with talon but even with 2 mages and one bird (lets say) talon bird should be first line of defense :3

Depends but ofc in general an int mage best fit for a team, still holds true.
    Dex Mage talon does not require tanking always. They only require tanking when they have captured the flag. Also, int mage has limited space in kiting at CTF fortress. The bird didnt have a talon lol. I asked if he could talon and he said he did not have talon. I believe it was you who was lagging and bow isnt as effective at fortress CTF.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 06-27-2018 at 12:37 PM.