Thread: Will some set/arcane gear drop prices when expansion comes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Will some set/arcane gear drop prices when expansion comes?

Will gears such as tainted,endless, balanced and arc ring drop price when expansion comes? Because im thinking of buying tainted/endless set but im not sure if it will get cheaper when expansion arrives. What do you guys think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I would say yes because lvl 71 might have new set gears way more op than lvl 66 ones making people sell their 66 gear for the lvl 71 gears. Remember how order gear was like 4-5mil a piece and now after lvl 66 came out its 2-3m a peice (Vest/Helm)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by im jeff View Post
    I would say yes because lvl 71 might have new set gears way more op than lvl 66 ones making people sell their 66 gear for the lvl 71 gears. Remember how order gear was like 4-5mil a piece and now after lvl 66 came out its 2-3m a peice (Vest/Helm)
    Okay thanks for advice

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Just like when every expansion is about to start, almost every gear/sets ( besides speed set ) released from the current expansion drops, this is due to people panic selling.

But they dont realize that if you sell your gears, what will you have during the start of the expansion? You wouldn't have anything to help you level, and progress through the harder maps. That is a possible outcome for gears to rise again, as new gears aren't available yet. So they'll re-buy the old gears again.

And also, there are no new gears looted yet, as people still need to cap to see the full potential. So why sell gears if you cant get new ones?

So I'd say, the first day, all taint/endless, arc ring, basically all gear being used as of now, would drop. But, as I stated above, that is the result of people trying to get rid of their gears, flooding the CS, price dropping. They will gradually rise, depending of the availability, capability, and power of the new gears.

But, if it takes long for most 66 players to reach 71, and to acquire those new spirit gears, then gears will rise again short-term.

I can't gurantee either, as what if those new gears are weak? And procs still work better. Just like what happened during the previous expansion, gears greatly dropped, but rised even higher just after a month, realizing that it is alot cheaper then getting nightmare, but just performs as good or better.

Ty

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauitri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rauitri View Post
    Just like when every expansion is about to start, almost every gear/sets ( besides speed set ) released from the current expansion drops, this is due to people panic selling.

But they dont realize that if you sell your gears, what will you have during the start of the expansion? You wouldn't have anything to help you level, and progress through the harder maps. That is a possible outcome for gears to rise again, as new gears aren't available yet. So they'll re-buy the old gears again.

And also, there are no new gears looted yet, as people still need to cap to see the full potential. So why sell gears if you cant get new ones?

So I'd say, the first day, all taint/endless, arc ring, basically all gear being used as of now, would drop. But, as I stated above, that is the result of people trying to get rid of their gears, flooding the CS, price dropping. They will gradually rise, depending of the availability, capability, and power of the new gears.

But, if it takes long for most 66 players to reach 71, and to acquire those new spirit gears, then gears will rise again short-term.

I can't gurantee either, as what if those new gears are weak? And procs still work better. Just like what happened during the previous expansion, gears greatly dropped, but rised even higher just after a month, realizing that it is alot cheaper then getting nightmare, but just performs as good or better.

Ty

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    The perfect answer ^

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nohealth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

I agree with Rauitri 100% and if anyone tries to tell you they know better, that person is blowing smoke!
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Even if the LV 71 items are way better, it still depends on the drop rate or how they are made (ex. Crafted) if price way too high people will stick to current gears. I see tainted is the best popular items right now, with the bonus Stat I think might still exceed LV 71 legendary?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk