Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arena of Honor - Call for Balance Feedback

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Default The Arena of Honor - Call for Balance Feedback

At this point, I would like to hear any further balance-related feedback.

Are any of the Honor Sets over-powered?

Are any of the Honor Sets under-powered?

And, an open-ended question: what are your biggest concerns about the upcoming Guild Event?

Current plan for joining the Arena is to allow entry only through a set of static portals in townes (like we had last week). Hosting / Joining will not be allowed.
    Current plan for scoring is to award 10 Points to your Guild if you score a kill against a player from another Guild in the Arena of Honor. Non-Honor maps do not count.
    Current plan for Guild size balancing is to only allow the Top-10 Guild Members' scores to count towards the Guild total Score. However, I think this number can be made a lot higher (50 to 100 max) because, unlike PvE events you need enemy Guild players to score points.
    Current plan for event timing is to run for two weekend days (from 12am on a Saturday to 11:59pm Sunday).
    There are currently no concrete plans for reward types / structure.

Open to feedback on all of these aspects :-)

Thanks in advance!

- Cinco
    Last edited by Cinco; 06-19-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

3pc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Bear is a bit too tanky for 1v1. I think mage also needs a bit more dodge on its set. We only have 1 dodge currently and can only get a max of 2 dodge using "Lady Lynx" face.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

In my opinion the bird honor set need to be buffed a little bit

And the guild event grinding is kinda hard... cuz I’ve been 2-3 days farming like 17 hours per day and I got nothing if you can increase the drop rates a little bit that would be great...

Thanks for caring cinco

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I've played bird bear and mage so far, and all seem pretty evenly matched and well balanced in my opinion.

As far as the event, without knowing scoring/reward details it's kinda hard to voice concerns. Although I would like to see the map be only joined by portal to prevent the abuse of the boot option. And if possible to have players thrown on random teams to prevent players from joining one team and killing others as soon as they join.

Another way people like to get an advantage is by having friends or an alternate account holding spots on the other team. So players not playing, just "spot holding" could be a problem as well.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuxer View Post
    I’ve been 2-3 days farming like 17 hours per day and I got nothing if you can increase the drop rates a little bit that would be great...
    Thanks for the first LOL I've had since 2007.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Cinco I need a small help ... can you fix the lag in pl ?
    Thanks again tho

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    ...without knowing scoring/reward details it's kinda hard to voice concerns.
    Indeed. I've updated the OP with info about where the Guild Event currently stands.
    | | | |

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

It would also be awesome to see it more as a community event, with a set score rewarding the same prize for everyone. (That is if it's access to an elusive vendor as previous guild events)

It could keep the integrity of a guild event by rewarding the #1 guild with the same prize + a nice premium gold farming map for a duration to help them get nifty items.

As awesome as it is to have way rare vanities and items. It opens up the possibility of players abusing it.

Shortly after the first Guild event 105 Amulets were at a nice not so hard to obtain 2m. Since such a small number had access last time around, and had the intentions of capitalizing on such limited access, the price has skyrocketed in comparison.

We got to get the entire community sets and good enchantments, people are still running around in pinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Tweak the buffs for event to either come back faster or stay longer. Bear is still very hard for a bird or mage to kill even in a 3-3 and the rest of a bears teammates have died it seems only another bear can do real dmg on a bear. Mages debuffs should be nerfed just a tad and birds armor up a little more but these are just all imo from what ive seen.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I think all of the Honor sets are relatively balanced. I feel that when it comes to team play, every class has a defined role. When it comes to 1-1, each class is relatively even.

As a bear, your job is to crowd control, stun, take aggro, etc. The bear is only able to effectively get in dmg on an opponent when they are close to them. To combat a bear, mages and birds can use debuffs and pushback skills (fire, repulse) in order to neutralize the effect a bear has on a match. Mana shield timing is very crucial and if you shield too quickly, you're left at a disadvantage. Kiting and range are especially vital when it comes to birds. If you run in thinking you can tank everything as if you're a level 105 archer using an Elite Volta Talon set with 10k health proc, you're surely going to die.

The archer's role is to dish out the highest single target dmg in a game. By kiting and using debuffs like blindshot and rooting opponents, the archer is able to neutralize an enemy. Only when the opponent is vulnerable should the archer seek to get closer in range in order to have a wider aoe when comboing. To counter the archer, you can take advantage of the times when he gets too ambitious and comes closer. Shattering an archer by beckoning, frost, and stomping is especially useful in this arena. Make sure to not fall prey to the archer's kiting tactics, as well as baiting and switching. As said before, mana shield timing is especially crucial in this arena. And, if you're a bear, think about whether it would be wise to try and get closer to the archer if your beckon and/or hellscream skills are missed or get dodged. There are times when it would be advantageous to do so and times when it would be wiser to regroup and wait for the skill cooldown.

Lastly, as a mage, your biggest strength is being able to support and provide the biggest aoe damage in the game. Freezing an opponent is very useful in order to either regroup and heal up, or kite and kill the opponent when you have baited their skills and can successfully get a bit closer in order to nuke. Debuffs are much more significant in this arena than they have been the last few caps in regular arena. Should you get pulled by a bear, push the bear back with fire and use freezes and/or weakness/nightmare in order to allow yourself to survive and get back in control of the fight. While the bear is a master of crowd control, the bear's biggest weakness is its hit% and mages should definitely be aware of this. A combo such as ice storm, lightning, fire can be especially useful during fights in team play when there are multiple opponents surrounding you. Getting on top of a mage is a bear's best chance of killing one. An archer's best chance of killing a mage is using the short time window that debuffs allow the archer to kill the mage. Once this time window expires, the mage has the upper hand once again and the archer will usually have to regroup by pushing back with repulse.

I feel that any nerfs to bear may leave the class underpowered when using Honor sets in the arena. Any buffs to birds or mages may leave those classes overpowered. As a bird main, I already feel as if the set is very viable and allows the archer to play its role correctly in the arena.

I don't have much to say about foxes or rhinos. I will say that foxes seem much better in the Honor arena than regular arenas. They are able to be the quick assassins they were meant to be, but their main weakness is their squishiness. I haven't had much play with rhinos to comment on them. I'm hoping someone like Absolize/Hook can offer a better perspective about the rhino class in the Honor arena.

My biggest concerns about the upcoming Guild Event: people are going to team constantly with guild members in groups of 3v1 or 3v2. People are also going to hold spots on teams in order to provide their guild with the best advantage at gaining points. These fellow guildmates on opposite teams won't kill one another during the event because there is absolutely no advantage in doing so. The result is that certain teams will be left at a disadvantage and ultimately there will be complaints.

There are several ways to combat this and because you've been putting out such creative fixes lately, I suspect that you'll be able to come up with several more for these issues. I wouldn't mind just having a much more relaxed guild event this time around though, with each guild needing a certain number of points/kills in order to unlock the vendor, regardless of who gets the highest number of points. This would be unique for guild events since we haven't had an event work this way before and would open rewards up for the entire community so that every guild could potentially achieve this goal, regardless of guild. It would also decrease the number of people wanting to team/hold spots since it would be a much more relaxed event. I'd also like to add... Strictly pvp guilds (Resto, Family, Apex, Virgin, etc.) don't have 50-100 level 100+ pvpers, at least not that I'm aware of. So a guild more centred around PVE might very well win a pvp guild event if those are the rules of this event.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Tweak the buffs for event to either come back faster or stay longer. Bear is still very hard for a bird or mage to kill even in a 3-3 and the rest of a bears teammates have died it seems only another bear can do real dmg on a bear. Mages debuffs should be nerfed just a tad and birds armor up a little more but these are just all imo from what ive seen.
    1v1 with mage and bird I beat a lot of bears... debuffs are crucial to gameplay again. It's really reminds me of 77 cap. Pretty much if you land blind at 12m, then use avian and repulse to stay out of slash range, your gravy

But that also goes the other way around. I've beat a lot of birds and mages as bear. If I get bec off before you get off blind, I have a good chance of winning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Balance wise the classes are more even after the addition of m/s.

I love the points scoring system of 10 points each kill of an opponent not in your guild.

The no hosting option eliminates the booting of strong pvpers and allowing the weaker players to join for easy points.

The portal joining for matches with be luck based who will be in your match 3 vs 3. Bigger more active pvp guilds will have more options to team other smaller guilds with less players and hold spots on the other team. Thats the luck in joining the portal with guild mates.

Will the join button on your friends list be removed for this pvp guild event? It allows players to join their guild mates, thus making it easier to team for points.

The current amount of players that count towards the leader board for the guild is difficult to determine. Again bigger more active guilds with more than 10 active pvpers will have more people to score points for their guild.

The rewards, may I suggest another gold farming tier, gold in the current pl economy is still low due to many factors, enchantments for pvp, ctf tourney. And previous guild event rewards from the vendor.

The addition of purchasing 105 elite set items for pl gold would be most welcomed. The first guild event this was a huge success because the majority of the community had access to the vendor, however some lacked the gold to purchase needed items during the event.

Perhaps a new vanity pvp sheild , or vanity recoloured mantel of humania (one to match white dragon vanity set and another to match blue angle vanity set) , bought for gold, then crafted for platinum to trade and stash it?
    Last edited by Fwend; 06-20-2018 at 09:38 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I wouldn't mind just having a much more relaxed guild event this time around though, with each guild needing a certain number of points/kills in order to unlock the vendor, regardless of who gets the highest number of points. This would be unique for guild events since we haven't had an event work this way before and would open rewards up for the entire community so that every guild could potentially achieve this goal, regardless of guild. It would also decrease the number of people wanting to team/hold spots since it would be a much more relaxed event. I'd also like to add... Strictly pvp guilds (Resto, Family, Apex, Virgin, etc.) don't have 50-100 level 100+ pvpers, at least not that I'm aware of. So a guild more centred around PVE might very well win a pvp guild event if those are the rules of this event.
    I'm completely down for a more relaxed event just to test out the waters for this first pvp guild event. A common goal for every guild to reach a certain number of points before the event ends to unlock something like tiers for a gold farming zone would be great!

Also a day break in between when the guild event ends would be awesome before farming for gold in the pvp zone haha .
    Last edited by Crashy; 06-19-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crashy View Post
    I'm completely down for a more relaxed event just to test out the waters for this first pvp guild event. A common goal for every guild to reach a certain number of points before the event ends to unlock something like tiers for a gold farming zone would be great!

Also a day break in between when the guild event ends would be awesome before farming for gold in the pvp zone haha .
    I also agree on this idea.

But now to the feedback.

I played with bird, mage and bear so far. The sets are really balanced. The only underpowered thing is fox. The biggest problem is probably that fox hasn't a hit debuff like the other classes
    All in all i really enjoy the new sets and its a lot of fun to pvp again
    Ty Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Can you make arena of honor being a tournament bcus its fair my fox could kill rhino. Every chars can get killed.

通过我的 SM-N935F 上的 Tapatalk发言

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Irrespective of guild, individual players pvp event would be really cool and much less drama free even if it's top 5/10 player basis rather than the highest scorer getting the prize. Then tier based gold farming or something else eg 2k kills for tier 1 etc can be there ensuring way much less drama and clean environment and well deserve prize distribution system which hardly possible in guild event and that's for a competitive field.

See, if there's 10 number who can contribute then there's also one consequence is that guild gonna prohibit less experienced players to do pvp because they gonna generate points of other guilds and their score is not gonna add up, just one consequence.

On the opposite side, increasing the numbers will bring other consequences like a guild won just because of the numbers they have rather than those pvp guild who doing pvp for ages and has incredibly high amount of pvp experience over them. This things can't be stopped, any pve guild can be broken into 2 guilds and farm each other, maybe not a join/host system but still possible.

Just a thought, I'm fine with anything that's gonna come.

As for the balance, It's not anything less than a pretty good state to start with anything else can be saved for next events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

I think it would be nice to have a certain point amount where if you hit it, you get access to the gold tier gold farming map. Don’t make it tied to only one guild though, make it where ANY guild can get access to the gold farming if the guild hits the required points.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

The idea of not locking prizes to one guild but instead allowing all guilds who reach a certain number of points to be included for the prize vendor is a crafty approach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Warrior still too strong all chars cant even beat warrior when warrior with enchantress. Hope this can be fixed.

通过我的 SM-N935F 上的 Tapatalk发言

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Since it’s going to be an event that requires skill in pvp in order to win the event i think the skull shield is the perfect prize for the winner guild. It’s just like tournament but in a large number between guild vs another guild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk