Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arena of Honor - Call for Balance Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Irrespective of guild, individual players pvp event would be really cool and much less drama free even if it's top 5/10 player basis rather than the highest scorer getting the prize. Then tier based gold farming or something else eg 2k kills for tier 1 etc can be there ensuring way much less drama and clean environment and well deserve prize distribution system which hardly possible in guild event and that's for a competitive field.

See, if there's 10 number who can contribute then there's also one consequence is that guild gonna prohibit less experienced players to do pvp because they gonna generate points of other guilds and their score is not gonna add up, just one consequence.

On the opposite side, increasing the numbers will bring other consequences like a guild won just because of the numbers they have rather than those pvp guild who doing pvp for ages and has incredibly high amount of pvp experience over them. This things can't be stopped, any pve guild can be broken into 2 guilds and farm each other, maybe not a join/host system but still possible.

Just a thought, I'm fine with anything that's gonna come.

As for the balance, It's not anything less than a pretty good state to start with anything else can be saved for next events.
    I’m agree with you that guild would devided their guild into 2 and start to farm each other to gain points.I think remove join/host system in honor map could prevent this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Thank you for all of the feedback! Here's an update on incoming changes:
    - Ranger 'Evade' is getting a buff to armor and dodge.
    - Paladin 'Redemption' combo damage is getting a 50% reduction.
    - A unique Shield of Honor vanity item is being created as a reward for the inaugural Guild Arena Event.
    - All of the Honor Set weapons are being visually converted to be one-hand plus off-hand combos. Combat performance is precisely the same as before. Your existing weapons will become a 'Set' that occupies both hands. I am doing this because of the aforementioned Shield of Honor vanity item: it makes no sense for me to offer a vanity reward item related to the Honor Set that is fundamentally incompatible.
    - The Guild Arena Event reward structure is being designed to maximize inclusion (either by making the rewards much more readily available or by changing the score mechanics to be 'thresholds' instead of 'places.' More info will be available soon - we're working through the specifics currently).

Here's a question for you all:
    Given that one (1) kill in the Arena of Honor will grant ten (10) points to your Guild over an Event Period of two (2) days (and there are no point multipliers), what should the goal threshold for GOLD TIER rewards be?
    I've got some figures in-mind, but would love to hear your opinions on the matter :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    - A unique Shield of Honor vanity item is being created as a reward for the inaugural Guild Arena Event.
    - All of the Honor Set weapons are being visually converted to be one-hand plus off-hand combos. Combat performance is precisely the same as before. Your existing weapons will become a 'Set' that occupies both hands. I am doing this because of the aforementioned Shield of Honor vanity item: it makes no sense for me to offer a vanity reward item related to the Honor Set that is fundamentally incompatible.
    - The Guild Arena Event reward structure is being designed to maximize inclusion (either by making the rewards much more readily available or by changing the score mechanics to be 'thresholds' instead of 'places.' More info will be available soon - we're working through the specifics currently).

Given that one (1) kill in the Arena of Honor will grant ten (10) points to your Guild over an Event Period of two (2) days (and there are no point multipliers), what should the goal threshold for GOLD TIER rewards be?
    I've got some figures in-mind, but would love to hear your opinions on the matter :-)
    This sounds very good nice ideas and i think it should be around 25k maybe a little less, because at 10 points a kill it really takes a while since the event will only be 2 days and not many guilds are that active anymore besides like 4 or 5 and im pretty sure this time everyone wants to stay in there own guild instead of merging into one. This event will go live this weekend i presume?
    Last edited by 3pc; 06-21-2018 at 12:10 PM.

ELITE

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Will only the top 10 scorers count for the points?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Great... hope bird is good tho cuz bird have pretty low chance to beat bears and rhinos
    But thanks

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    Will only the top 10 scorers count for the points?
    That is the current setting but I was thinking about increasing it so that we could get more players to participate.
    Due to the fact that an opponent from a rival Guild is required in order to score points, I think we could increase the number substantially.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

That is the current setting but I was thinking about increasing it so that we could get more players to participate.
    Due to the fact that an opponent from a rival Guild is required in order to score points, I think we could increase the number substantially.
    Will the reward structure give to everybody that reaches the set amount or will there be exclusive prizes to the winning guild?

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Will the reward structure give to everybody that reaches the set amount or will there be exclusive prizes to the winning guild?
    The current plan is to give awards based on score thresholds. For instance, all the Guilds who reach 50,000 points will earn 'Gold Tier.' Guilds who amass 25,000 points earn 'Silver Tier,' etc., etc..

Each Tier grants access to one of three gold farming zones (like last time). All Tiers grant access to a vendor that sells one (1) unique Vanity Shield item (The Shield of Honor), and discounted Pure Stat weapons.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

The current plan is to give awards based on score thresholds. For instance, all the Guilds who reach 50,000 points will earn 'Gold Tier.' Guilds who amass 25,000 points earn 'Silver Tier,' etc., etc..

Each Tier grants access to one of three gold farming zones (like last time). All Tiers grant access to a vendor that sells one (1) unique Vanity Shield item (The Shield of Honor), and discounted Pure Stat weapons.
    I think this is quite fair, especially if you're raising the amount of players that count towards the score.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people happy with this very inclusive event style.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Will gold and blue mantles be included? And i think 25k for gold tier is a fair enough score IMO for 2 days any small guild can accomplish this if they put the work in.

ELITE

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Ya i think 50k for gold 25k for silver and 10k for bronze would be fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Great. A much needed buff. Keep in mind that these changes should mainly apply to higher level skills so that we don't disrupt twink levels as much.

- Paladin 'Redemption' combo damage is getting a 50% reduction.)
    I feel like this is too extreme of a nerf to rhinos and that you should start out smaller, especially with a tournament in progress (my team doesn't have a rhino on it, so I'm speaking from an unbiased view). This not only impacts the damage output of rhinos, but heal as well which we should keep in mind.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 06-21-2018 at 04:52 PM.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

The fox 'Evasion' buffs will start at Rank 5 and go from there.

I'll start with a ~15% combo damage reduction for Rhino 'Redemption.'
    | | | |

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Will gold and blue mantles be included?
    What is a 'blue mantle?'
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

What is a 'blue mantle?'
    Let me draw a picture in your mind for you im not good with crayons. It looks like l71 fast cap mantle of humania but its blue and or gold.

ELITE

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Let me draw a picture in your mind for you im not good with crayons. It looks like l71 fast cap mantle of humania but its blue and or gold.
    Would people want that sort of thing?
    | | | |

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Lets get a black crown of persistence instead

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Lets get a black crown of persistence instead
    I'll consider for next event.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Thank you for making the rewards of this guild event more inclusive to all guilds.

So that any guild with hardwork and team work has an equal opportunity to achieve the gold tier.

50k points is still a tough ask for smaller guilds. I am curious as to how many will count towards the points, 20 members perhaps?

Loving the rewards of gold farming maps and a vanity pvp honor sheild.

Cinco your wit regarding the recoloured mantles is hilarious.
    Last edited by Fwend; 06-21-2018 at 09:35 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Oh for sure cinco we have a whole threaed on it and everythin lel we were hoping for it for the next event (which looks like the PvP one). It would go nicely with blue egg and blue angel armor along with white drag armor and gold egg consider it for current event please :-).
    Last edited by 3pc; 06-21-2018 at 06:41 PM.

ELITE