Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arena of Honor - Call for Balance Feedback

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

This is great, I fully support an event where a threshold needs to be met in order to earn exclusive rewards. I would suspect having either the top 20-30 members contributing would do the trick (though I’m not opposed to more).

I must admit, I have NO idea how many points is ideal to achieve for rewards. Curious to see what others think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Dear Cinco, may I divert your attentiom briefly to the Suggestion & Feedback area? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Is the 3v3 a random join meaning other than the no hosting/joining rule, are the players allowed to choose their team when in the map? If yes, it will pose a significant disadvantage.

Imagine people randomly entering the portal until they see their guildies, then all 3 select team blue, the team red will be at a disadvantage of 3v1.

All players in a guild should be allowed to contribute to guild points as the barrier to participate is already at level 100.

How does the arena of honour determine fair play in pvp or make it a guild vs guild pvp?

Does the pvp starts only when both team are full at 3v3 or 5v5? Or does it start as long as there is an opponent in enemy team?

Is it a best of 10 kills team restart pvp level thing? If yes assuming, 10 kills x 10 points = 100 points for 1 game ( 10mins )
    1 hour = 600 points
    24 hours = 14400 points
    48 hours = 28800 points

50k points for gold tier seems abit tough unless constantly a guild has enough members playing 2-3 full house pvp games concurrently during the 2 days event. Not forgetting that you need opponents for the pvp to start.

Ensure 3v3 or 5v5 full house before pvp commence is being most fair. It prevents 3v1 or 3v2 or 5v1 or 5v2 issues. The complaints will be almost none.

No nerf on rhino should be needed as rhino has no nuke spells.

Foxes should not be buffed as well considering they are high damage dealer within short period of time.

Every character spells I see right now is balanced.

This is 3v3 or 5v5 not 1v1 so everything should stay as it is.
    Last edited by Lovenus; 06-21-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Your're assuming it for JUST ONE PLAYER, but there gonna be atleast 10 top scorer that means, 10x28k = 280k going by your calculations but nobody gonna play for 48h and matches gonna take less time, it's not tough I can see all active pvp guilds can achieve this.

You're gonna get lots question answered if you go through previous threads of this topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hi Waug, if you assume it's one player means you are saying that single one player is getting 10 kills every game in a 3v3 or 5v5? Of cause no one is going to play pvp for 48 hours, it is just a calculation of what points would be likely achieved in a 2 days period.

I also did mention that all players pvp points in a guild should be be considered instead top 10 when I did this calculation.

Dont forget this is pvp, not pve. You need opponents to be online to be considered. Active does not mean that they will come online at the same time always. Everyone is in different timezone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Hi,
    Well, considering its gonna b active for 2 days I think, I'm alone active enough to score not less than half of the requirement for my guild WRE unless ping betray me ofc

Recruiting active PvP ers to do the rest 20k ...yw.
    Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovenus View Post
    Is the 3v3 a random join meaning other than the no hosting/joining rule, are the players allowed to choose their team when in the map? If yes, it will pose a significant disadvantage.

Imagine people randomly entering the portal until they see their guildies, then all 3 select team blue, the team red will be at a disadvantage of 3v1.

All players in a guild should be allowed to contribute to guild points as the barrier to participate is already at level 100.

How does the arena of honour determine fair play in pvp or make it a guild vs guild pvp?

Does the pvp starts only when both team are full at 3v3 or 5v5? Or does it start as long as there is an opponent in enemy team?

Is it a best of 10 kills team restart pvp level thing? If yes assuming, 10 kills x 10 points = 100 points for 1 game ( 10mins )
    1 hour = 600 points
    24 hours = 14400 points
    48 hours = 28800 points

50k points for gold tier seems abit tough unless constantly a guild has enough members playing 2-3 full house pvp games concurrently during the 2 days event. Not forgetting that you need opponents for the pvp to start.

Ensure 3v3 or 5v5 full house before pvp commence is being most fair. It prevents 3v1 or 3v2 or 5v1 or 5v2 issues. The complaints will be almost none.

No nerf on rhino should be needed as rhino has no nuke spells.

Foxes should not be buffed as well considering they are high damage dealer within short period of time.

Every character spells I see right now is balanced.

This is 3v3 or 5v5 not 1v1 so everything should stay as it is.
    I know you posted this before it was revealed that top 50 would count, but I’ll just quickly post the math for people that still want to know it. I took the time to think about this on my own earlier today. If 50k is the goal, it can be divided amongst 50 people at 1k per person. With 1k per person that is only 100 kills per person at 1 kill = 10 points. The event is 2 days, so you’d have to get 50 kills per day which is extremely easy to do.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    I know you posted this before it was revealed that top 50 would count, but I’ll just quickly post the math for people that still want to know it. I took the time to think about this on my own earlier today. If 50k is the goal, it can be divided amongst 50 people at 1k per person. With 1k per person that is only 100 kills per person at 1 kill = 10 points. The event is 2 days, so you’d have to get 50 kills per day which is extremely easy to do.
    Yea bro. Anyway, regardless of which tier, guild vendor will sell the same prizes. The only difference is the gold farming map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I feel as if bears are too tanky, especially when combined with a mage. Might be something to look into.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epig View Post
    I feel as if bears are too tanky, especially when combined with a mage. Might be something to look into.
    I agree. Bears are way too tanky.

A bear's 240 armor when buffed compared to (regular) a mage's 70 armor when buffed is way too much. In all other PVP levels (35, 61, etc.) bears have no where close to triple (70x3=210) another player's armor.
    Last edited by Bats; 06-23-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Eh 1v1 as a mage I seldom lose to a bear... they are very weak to blind and weakness.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Cinco, after the event ends, can we keep the arena of honor as a hostable map permanently? It's really fun.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Arena of honor is back. Just wanted to note here so people know.