Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What Endgame PvP Really Needs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Default What Endgame PvP Really Needs

Hi all,

For those of you aware, I have been posting as of late about the current state of fox, and unfortunately have gotten little response from the community, thus, I am taking a new approach and going to suggest things that I think each class could use to make the game a healthier place for all ! This discussion will be solely regarding endgame PvP, as I find talking about the lower levels to frankly be boring.

The Big Three:
    Name:  PL_all_badge.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  98.9 KB

At the time of PL's launch, the only three classes available were the Archer, Enchantress, and the Warrior. To this day, these three classes remain both the most played and the relative strongest in PvP throughout most levels.

Archer:

Currently, the archer, or bird, is indisputably the second strongest class in endgame PvP. However, contrary to previous power surges, the bird's power this cap resides in its tankiness. Rather than having the ability to deal damage beyond comprehension for my puny peanut brain, it now gains 10k hp and 1k armor upon receiving the talon proc bonus. Because of this bonus, the bird is seeing a lot of play, and is generally unhealthy for PvP balance. Suggestions I would have are:

• Lowering Base Armor From Talon Itself (Thus lowering the base armor of talon set)
    • Lowering Health Given From Proc
    • Removing Armor Bonus From the Proc

Enchantress:

At the present moment, enchantress finds itself in perhaps the most healthy state it has been in since it's release. Historically, the mage has either been relatively overpowered, as seen in 66 and 80 caps (mage was op in those caps imo), or extremely weak as seen in 76, 77 and 85 caps. Now, we see mage at a point in which it is a true supportive class with high damaging abilities. The only few things I would look to tweak mage would be:

• Nerf Mana Regen on the Wand Proc by 10%
    • Buff or Create a Visual Update For the Endgame Elite Staff (I don't even know what it's proc is... that's how seldom it is used)

Warrior:

Warrior (bear), yet again, is a class that seems to be in the best spot it has been in a while. The bear had been anywhere from viable to overpowered from 56-77 cap. However, 80, 85 and 100 did not treat the bear as nicely, and finally we see the bear with a relative buff since our last cap. I would say that the bear at the moment does its job, it provides the best crowd control in the game (stuns, hit % buffs, more stuns XD), while also being tanky enough to survive well longer than any other class.... (besides bird). For relative changes to bear, I would:

• Increase Base Armor Stat on Endgame Elite Set
    • Increase Base Damage on Super Mega Slash
    • Reduce the Cooldown Of the Abillity "Stomp" by 1-2 Seconds at Rank 10

The Not-So Dynamic Duo:
    Name:  PL_rediscover_sm.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  77.7 KB

Paladin:

Paladin (rhino), being the easily noticeable to be the most overpowered class at level 105 has received much criticism for its unbelievable survivability in conjunction with its relatively high damage, which in turns allows it to assassinate enemies without taking a knick of damage. This class is the epitome of unhealthy gameplay at level 105. Although I may be biased because I play the squishiest character in game (fox), I find it unfun to be taken to 1/4 health by two abilities in a cap where it takes 10 abilities for me to get any other class to that hp.

A lot has been said about the set Rhinos are currently using, the Volta Dagger Set. However, I believe that this attribution of strength has been misguided onto the set, when in reality it lies on the class. If you watch closely, it is clear to see that rhino is even MORE overpowered when using the strength set. Furthermore, we see foxes using the dagger set and being easily the least playable class in the game period. Thus I would say that the rhino class is the issue, not the dagger set. Changes I would make are:

• Lower Paladin Skill Damage
    • Lower Paladin Dodge Buff
    • Lower Paladin Armor Buff
    • Increase Crit Chance on Paladin Crit Buff
    • Decrease Paladin Heal Scaling (Scales with INT)
    • Decrease Paladin "Charge!" Damage by 60%

Ranger:

Finally, I believe it is beyond apparent that the fox class is the most under-powered at endgame PvP. Why is this? As mentioned in my post the last week, it is because the fox currently does nothing better than another class. It nukes worse than the mage, tanks worse than the bird, crowd controls worse than the bear, and dashes around the map worse than the rhino. So what is fox good for? "NADA!" What does the fox say? NADA, because it's too busy dying to every other class in PvP. I would reiterate what I have said in other posts, but for the sake of length, I will decide against it here. If you want in depth explanations, you can search for it in the general discussion. Changes I would make are:

• Increase Dodge Buff Time While Also Increasing It's Cooldown Proportionally
    • Increase Fox Slow Debuff on Needle Abilities
    • Decrease Fox Cooldown on Howl
    • Increase Fox Bonus Armor Given From Evasion
    • Increase Armor On Volta Dagger (If it becomes class specific)
    • As a LAST RESORT, Give Fox An Unstun On Howl
    Last edited by Congeniality; 06-20-2018 at 04:32 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Good write-up! I look forward to our fellow players' contribution to the thread!! :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I like all the pictures, very nice visuals. I would like to see cooldown of Stomp reduced as well and I do agree with you on fox needing an actual unstun.

You Only Lose When You Give Up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Years ago Dollway made a thorough thread about balancing pvp.

Thank you for making this thread Walie, it is what Cinco needs to help with his pursuit of balancing end game pvp.

It was what I was trying to suggest in the nerf dagger thread. For someone to make a thread like this.

The bow range is still an issue, and when it procs skilled players are difficult to counter.

The fox class needs a healing skill that negates stuns, roots, ice, include this with the bandage skill.

The rhino class has skills restore and redemption. Similar to mage class with skills heal and drain life. But the mage is less tanky than the rhino. Please reduce the regan buff in rhinos restore and the amount health stolen in redemption.
    Last edited by Fwend; 06-20-2018 at 05:11 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

So you’re saying make paladin completely useless? Nerf every single thing that I need besides crit. What seems fair to me, nerf the damage in general and buff the “Guardian” buff to last longer. The only thing I play currently is the Paladin class, and Walie, you’ve watched before your very eyes the Ranger class get destroyed as caps when on. Please don’t encourage the same thing to happen to the Paladin. I love playing rhino in my own way, and I feel I’ve mastered my class, that is why I’m very good at moving around and being consistent.

Coming from I would say a very skilled rhino, here is what could be done to nerf it but make it still able to kill and not make it completely useless:

- BUFF the “Guardian” buff to last a bit longer, maybe like a 5 second addition, and a slightly bigger armor advantage, so I can run in and serve my role as the tank without all the debuffs nuking me at once.
    - NERF the damage in general, not by an insane amount because the way I play rhino I like to play with a damage/support build like a mage for example, making it tank as much as it needs to, to be able to kill in 1v1 PvP but also play its role in FFA or CTF (The “tank” of course) also making it not be able to kill as fast give the other class a chance to perform better. Point is for this make rhino not be able to kill AS FAST.
    - LEAVE EVERY OTHER BUFF AS IS! While I’m a long time player of rhino I realize without those buffs I die easy, as of every other class with their buffs. If my buffs got nerfed me being the tank I couldn’t tank enough for the damage classes to do their job.
    - NERF the heal. The rhino is not the best class this cap, Mage is, I’ve found out that using the volta dagger is a way rhinos can kill mages (because of high dps autos) in any other way I’ve not seen a rhino be able to beat mages, but this could make or break. If the heal is nerfed, not a to intense one is what I’m getting at. So, if the rhino heal is nerfed, mages heal would also have to be nerfed, rhinos heal takes longer to cooldown than mages so there’s a disadvantage there, so that would need to be tweaked to balance. If this happened and mage was left alone rhino would have no chance vs mages, that’s not how it should be, every class should have a chance. Rhino already has to be close and mostly when it comes to mages they have 8-12m attacks. Rhino needs to tank so I have time to get close.

Being a long time rhino player, this is what I’ve come to. What I listed I think would be a fair balance between the support classes.

-Hook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    So you’re saying make paladin completely useless? Nerf every single thing that I need besides crit. What seems fair to me, nerf the damage in general and buff the “Guardian” buff to last longer. The only thing I play currently is the Paladin class, and Walie, you’ve watched before your very eyes the Ranger class get destroyed as caps when on. Please don’t encourage the same thing to happen to the Paladin. I love playing rhino in my own way, and I feel I’ve mastered my class, that is why I’m very good at moving around and being consistent.

Coming from I would say a very skilled rhino, here is what could be done to nerf it but make it still able to kill and not make it completely useless:

- BUFF the “Guardian” buff to last a bit longer, maybe like a 5 second addition, and a slightly bigger armor advantage, so I can run in and serve my role as the tank without all the debuffs nuking me at once.
    - NERF the damage in general, not by an insane amount because the way I play rhino I like to play with a damage/support build like a mage for example, making it tank as much as it needs to, to be able to kill in 1v1 PvP but also play its role in FFA or CTF (The “tank” of course) also making it not be able to kill as fast give the other class a chance to perform better. Point is for this make rhino not be able to kill AS FAST.
    - LEAVE EVERY OTHER BUFF AS IS! While I’m a long time player of rhino I realize without those buffs I die easy, as of every other class with their buffs. If my buffs got nerfed me being the tank I couldn’t tank enough for the damage classes to do their job.
    - NERF the heal. The rhino is not the best class this cap, Mage is, I’ve found out that using the volta dagger is a way rhinos can kill mages (because of high dps autos) in any other way I’ve not seen a rhino be able to beat mages, but this could make or break. If the heal is nerfed, not a to intense one is what I’m getting at. So, if the rhino heal is nerfed, mages heal would also have to be nerfed, rhinos heal takes longer to cooldown than mages so there’s a disadvantage there, so that would need to be tweaked to balance. If this happened and mage was left alone rhino would have no chance vs mages, that’s not how it should be, every class should have a chance. Rhino already has to be close and mostly when it comes to mages they have 8-12m attacks. Rhino needs to tank so I have time to get close.

Being a long time rhino player, this is what I’ve come to. What I listed I think would be a fair balance between the support classes.

-Hook
    Hi Hook,

Firstly, thank you for your input.

When I generically said "nerf this", and "nerf that", I didn't necessarily mean nerf it hard. My vision was to remove a fifth of the dodge and a fifth of the armor from the buffs, while decreasing the overall damage a rhino can deal. That being said, I also felt that the crit buff should compensate for any lack of kill potential the rhino may have from the overall damage nerf.

On a side note, I stand by my belief in the "Nerf 'Charge!' Damage by 60%".

Thank you!
    Walie

EDIT: Thus, the class would be still be tankier than the bear considering its heal while also having just slightly less kill potential, mostly relying on its crit buff for kill pressure.
    Last edited by Congeniality; 06-20-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Hi Hook,

Firstly, thank you for your input.

When I generically said "nerf this", and "nerf that", I didn't necessarily mean nerf it hard. My vision was to remove a fifth of the dodge and a fifth of the armor from the buffs, while decreasing the overall damage a rhino can deal. That being said, I also felt that the crit buff should compensate for any lack of kill potential the rhino may have from the overall damage nerf.

On a side note, I stand by my belief in the "Nerf 'Charge!' Damage by 60%".

Thank you!
    Walie

EDIT: Thus, the class would be still be tankier than the bear considering its heal while also having just slightly less kill potential, mostly relying on its crit buff for kill pressure.
    Okay, understood what you think will be balanced, but if that were to happen nerfing the Paladins armor/dodge, the crit buff will need a buff you are correct, BUT, also I feel adding time to the “Guardian” buff would need to take place if these suggestions were to happen.

On another note, rhinos skill damage is not good as it is, I rely on autos and timing. I heavily disagree with the “Charge!” skill being nerfed, the other suggestions are acceptable with the added time on “Guardian”.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Okay, understood what you think will be balanced, but if that were to happen nerfing the Paladins armor/dodge, the crit buff will need a buff you are correct, BUT, also I feel adding time to the “Guardian” buff would need to take place if these suggestions were to happen.

On another note, rhinos skill damage is not good as it is, I rely on autos and timing. I heavily disagree with the “Charge!” skill being nerfed, the other suggestions are acceptable with the added time on “Guardian”.
    With all due respect, I feel as though your requested state for rhino is still overpowered. One fifth off of "Brute Force" would still give you +24% Dodge, on fifth off of stone skin would give 46 armor, one fifth off of guardian would give 40 armor and 16 dodge.

Thus, you would still have +91 armor, and +40% dodge for 8 seconds, then +46 armor and +24% Dodge for another 4 seconds, and finally "Brute Force" wears off after 20 seconds.... by that time, Guardian is back up (20 second cooldown) and stone skin is 2/3 of the way back up (32.5 second cooldown)

I find those stats to still be very, VERY good.

IF WE DID YOUR +5 SECOND BUFF, YOUR STATS WOULD BE:

+113 Armor, +50% Dodge for 12 seconds, then, at 13 seconds, you would have +55 armor, +50% dodge, and finally, you would have +5 armor and +30% dodge until your "Brute Force" would wear off at 20 seconds, at which point Guardian is back up.

I am sorry, but the numbers say that your class is ridiculously overpowered to the point of just being broken, and doing any less than what I stated wouldn't do anything.

Note, I get one dodge buff that lasts 10 seconds, and is my only unroot AND I DO LESS DAMAGE THAN YOU.

Furthermore, Guardian unroots you AND nearby allies, SO BASICALLY YOU ARE A FREE WIN! With a +5 second duration, you would have the buff for 65% of the time you are fighting, unrooting yourself for free, and your allies.
    Last edited by Congeniality; 06-20-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Hi all,

For those of you aware, I have been posting as of late about the current state of fox, and unfortunately have gotten little response from the community, thus, I am taking a new approach and going to suggest things that I think each class could use to make the game a healthier place for all ! This discussion will be solely regarding endgame PvP, as I find talking about the lower levels to frankly be boring.

The Big Three:
    Name:  PL_all_badge.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  98.9 KB

At the time of PL's launch, the only three classes available were the Archer, Enchantress, and the Warrior. To this day, these three classes remain both the most played and the relative strongest in PvP throughout most levels.

Archer:

Currently, the archer, or bird, is indisputably the second strongest class in endgame PvP. However, contrary to previous power surges, the bird's power this cap resides in its tankiness. Rather than having the ability to deal damage beyond comprehension for my puny peanut brain, it now gains 10k hp and 1k armor upon receiving the talon proc bonus. Because of this bonus, the bird is seeing a lot of play, and is generally unhealthy for PvP balance. Suggestions I would have are:

• Lowering Base Armor From Talon Itself (Thus lowering the base armor of talon set)
    • Lowering Health Given From Proc
    • Removing Armor Bonus From the Proc

Enchantress:

At the present moment, enchantress finds itself in perhaps the most healthy state it has been in since it's release. Historically, the mage has either been relatively overpowered, as seen in 66 and 80 caps (mage was op in those caps imo), or extremely weak as seen in 76, 77 and 85 caps. Now, we see mage at a point in which it is a true supportive class with high damaging abilities. The only few things I would look to tweak mage would be:

• Nerf Mana Regen on the Wand Proc by 10%
    • Buff or Create a Visual Update For the Endgame Elite Staff (I don't even know what it's proc is... that's how seldom it is used)

Warrior:

Warrior (bear), yet again, is a class that seems to be in the best spot it has been in a while. The bear had been anywhere from viable to overpowered from 56-77 cap. However, 80, 85 and 100 did not treat the bear as nicely, and finally we see the bear with a relative buff since our last cap. I would say that the bear at the moment does its job, it provides the best crowd control in the game (stuns, hit % buffs, more stuns XD), while also being tanky enough to survive well longer than any other class.... (besides bird). For relative changes to bear, I would:

• Increase Base Armor Stat on Endgame Elite Set
    • Increase Base Damage on Super Mega Slash
    • Reduce the Cooldown Of the Abillity "Stomp" by 1-2 Seconds at Rank 10

The Not-So Dynamic Duo:
    Name:  PL_rediscover_sm.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  77.7 KB

Paladin:

Paladin (rhino), being the easily noticeable to be the most overpowered class at level 105 has received much criticism for its unbelievable survivability in conjunction with its relatively high damage, which in turns allows it to assassinate enemies without taking a knick of damage. This class is the epitome of unhealthy gameplay at level 105. Although I may be biased because I play the squishiest character in game (fox), I find it unfun to be taken to 1/4 health by two abilities in a cap where it takes 10 abilities for me to get any other class to that hp.

A lot has been said about the set Rhinos are currently using, the Volta Dagger Set. However, I believe that this attribution of strength has been misguided onto the set, when in reality it lies on the class. If you watch closely, it is clear to see that rhino is even MORE overpowered when using the strength set. Furthermore, we see foxes using the dagger set and being easily the least playable class in the game period. Thus I would say that the rhino class is the issue, not the dagger set. Changes I would make are:

• Lower Paladin Skill Damage
    • Lower Paladin Dodge Buff
    • Lower Paladin Armor Buff
    • Increase Crit Chance on Paladin Crit Buff
    • Decrease Paladin Heal Scaling (Scales with INT)
    • Decrease Paladin "Charge!" Damage by 60%

Ranger:

Finally, I believe it is beyond apparent that the fox class is the most under-powered at endgame PvP. Why is this? As mentioned in my post the last week, it is because the fox currently does nothing better than another class. It nukes worse than the mage, tanks worse than the bird, crowd controls worse than the bear, and dashes around the map worse than the rhino. So what is fox good for? "NADA!" What does the fox say? NADA, because it's too busy dying to every other class in PvP. I would reiterate what I have said in other posts, but for the sake of length, I will decide against it here. If you want in depth explanations, you can search for it in the general discussion. Changes I would make are:

• Increase Dodge Buff Time While Also Increasing It's Cooldown Proportionally
    • Increase Fox Slow Debuff on Needle Abilities
    • Decrease Fox Cooldown on Howl
    • Increase Fox Bonus Armor Given From Evasion
    • Increase Armor On Volta Dagger (If it becomes class specific)
    • As a LAST RESORT, Give Fox An Unstun On Howl
    I play the main 3 classes and i know fox and rhino both need to be balanced out more then the OG 3. Rhino needs to be tanky but shouldnt recieve as much heal as it does. (Mainly at L105)
    I agree with your write ups here Walie. The only other thing that is another contributing factor to endgame being unbalanced is enchantments. Of course 1 step at a time in the right direction is nice but once this is all sorted out, we need to address the P2W aspect at endgame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

With all due respect, I feel as though your requested state for rhino is still overpowered. One fifth off of "Brute Force" would still give you +24% Dodge, on fifth off of stone skin would give 46 armor, one fifth off of guardian would give 40 armor and 16 dodge.

Thus, you would still have +91 armor, and +40% dodge for 8 seconds, then +46 armor and +24% Dodge for another 4 seconds, and finally "Brute Force" wears off after 20 seconds.... by that time, Guardian is back up (20 second cooldown) and stone skin is 2/3 of the way back up (32.5 second cooldown)

I find those stats to still be very, VERY good.

IF WE DID YOUR +5 SECOND BUFF, YOUR STATS WOULD BE:

+113 Armor, +50% Dodge for 12 seconds, then, at 13 seconds, you would have +55 armor, +50% dodge, and finally, you would have +5 armor and +30% dodge until your "Brute Force" would wear off at 20 seconds, at which point Guardian is back up.

I am sorry, but the numbers say that your class is ridiculously overpowered to the point of just being broken, and doing any less than what I stated wouldn't do anything.

Note, I get one dodge buff that lasts 10 seconds, and is my only unroot AND I DO LESS DAMAGE THAN YOU.

Furthermore, Guardian unroots you AND nearby allies, SO BASICALLY YOU ARE A FREE WIN! With a +5 second duration, you would have the buff for 65% of the time you are fighting, unrooting yourself for free, and your allies.
    And, that’s where you’re wrong. When I tap Guardian, it will unroot, IF ANYONE IS ROOTED AT THAT TIME! It does not unroot my allies for as long as it lasts, the benefits are only to me. The Guardian buff only will clear negative effects to them once (which is when I activate it) AND it’s not like they can be unroofed from anywhere, they have to be close to me. Otherwise, it is STRICTLY my heal, which has a longer cooldown than mages so that takes a HUGE toll in FFA gameplay. Also, with a massive decrease in my dodge/armor, the “Guardian” buff would need a buff for the Paladin class to remain useable. You’re asking for a all loss no gain here with Paladin, Walie. And no, if our enchants matched you would do loads more damage than me so you have to put that in effect. A player that doesn’t have the best enchants isn’t gonna beat a player with great enchants in 1v1. How the game works now sadly.
    Last edited by Absolize; 06-20-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

And, that’s where you’re wrong. When I tap Guardian, it will unroot, IF ANYONE IS ROOTED AT THAT TIME! It does not unroot my allies for as long as it lasts, the benefits are only to me. The Guardian buff only will clear negative effects to them once (which is when I activate it) AND it’s not like they can be unroofed from anywhere, they have to be close to me. Otherwise, it is STRICTLY my heal, which has a longer cooldown than mages so that takes a HUGE toll in FFA gameplay. Also, with a massive decrease in my dodge/armor, the “Guardian” buff would need a buff for the Paladin class to remain useable. You’re asking for a all loss no gain here with Paladin, Walie. And no, if our enchants matched you would do loads more damage than me so you have to put that in effect. A player that doesn’t have the best enchants isn’t gonna beat a player with great enchants in 1v1. How the game works now sadly.
    The math remains valid. End of story. That's all I will argue about my opinions on rhino. With math backing it, I see no convincing me. I think we will need to agree to disagree
    Last edited by Congeniality; 06-20-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

A Paladin is half bear half mage and Ranger is half bear half bird. We can see in endgame that rhino is very OP with the right sets but can still be killed. Foxes on the other hand are bad no matter what in endgame unless they get a proper set which hasn't happened since 77 cap. Even though fox is half bear we dont see the tankiness in it which i feel is the problem. They can do a lot of dmg (with the proper gear) but not enough armor and such to survive which is why rhino is so OP at endgame and fox class is not.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    A Paladin is half bear half mage and Ranger is half bear half bird. We can see in endgame that rhino is very OP with the right sets but can still be killed. Foxes on the other hand are bad no matter what in endgame unless they get a proper set which hasn't happened since 77 cap. Even though fox is half bear we dont see the tankiness in it which i feel is the problem. They can do a lot of dmg (with the proper gear) but not enough armor and such to survive which is why rhino is so OP at endgame and fox class is not.
    Rhino isnt balanced out with this new gear. Remember to take into account the +15 and +5 skill points added from 85-100 and 100-105. Both those caps, rhino became OP. I dont think it was adjusted for those points added. Bear/mage/bird didnt get much in terms of getting those extra skill points. Bear- a little more armor (after ironblood was fixed when stats didnt increase from 9-10)
    Mage- a bit more armor with buffs and a slightly longer lasting MS (which at the point is gone in 2-3 seconds of auto)
    Bird- more dodge for buffs and just a tad more damage from some points.

Rhino gained so much because it has 4 buffs. Adding the extra 20 points for rhino meant they could MAX out ALL their buffs and still deal damage. It was only after they gained those extra 15 skill points from 85-100 they became OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

The math remains valid. End of story. That's all I will argue about my opinions on rhino. With math backing it, I see no convincing me. I think we will need to agree to disagree
    Walie, you need to understand a rhinos role is a tank with not nearly as much crowd control as a bear, your “math” makes rhino irrelevant in teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Walie, you need to understand a rhinos role is a tank with not nearly as much crowd control as a bear, your “math” makes rhino irrelevant in teams.
    So perhaps the crowd control abilities may need more utility if your armor and dodge get nerfed? What if Holy Tempest had a damage debuff on it instead of hit chance? What if your stomp decreased mana regen instead of hp regen to counter the mage mana pool? Do you think those could work? I honestly find rhino far too tanky right now so I stand by my statements earlier, but these might help you fulfill the role of a tank still.

(Keep in mind that my 1/5 nerf suggestion wouldn't be costing you much..... like 10% dodge and 22 armor so it seems very fair to me......).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Just noting that Paladins are supposed to be tanky warriors with mage abilities per the AD&D designs after which it was adapted here. Nice thread BTW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Bears are disgusting in 1v1s. The sword if not bear needs some definite help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

So perhaps the crowd control abilities may need more utility if your armor and dodge get nerfed? What if Holy Tempest had a damage debuff on it instead of hit chance? What if your stomp decreased mana regen instead of hp regen to counter the mage mana pool? Do you think those could work? I honestly find rhino far too tanky right now so I stand by my statements earlier, but these might help you fulfill the role of a tank still.

(Keep in mind that my 1/5 nerf suggestion wouldn't be costing you much..... like 10% dodge and 22 armor so it seems very fair to me......).
    Understood, but if those nerfs DID happen, people would yet again complain how it was “not enough” or something. Honestly if it was to be nerfed, a lot of my skills would need tweaking to make me useful still.
    Last edited by Absolize; 06-20-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Bears are disgusting in 1v1s. The sword if not bear needs some definite help
    Understood, but if those nerfs DID happen, people would yet again complain how it was “not enough” or something. Honestly if it was to be nerfed, a lot of my skills would need tweaking to make me useful still.
    I have heard from several bears that a lot of the time it feels like you are stunned too much of the fight to be able to do much, whether that be a 1v1 or FFA. That's why I included my suggestion of a 1-2 second cooldown reduction of the "stomp" skill. This in turn would make bear a little more mobile overall (stomp destuns) and thus create more wiggle room for warriors to stick to their opponents.

@Absolize, Keep in mind that you are using dex set. With str set, you would be much tankier and have comparable damage. The only reason rhino can utilize dagger set right now is because it is over tuned. When reading my suggestions, imagine yourself playing with a str set, as the fact that you can use dex set effectively on paladin at the moment is because of the over tuning.
    Last edited by Congeniality; 06-20-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I have heard from several bears that a lot of the time it feels like you are stunned too much of the fight to be able to do much, whether that be a 1v1 or FFA. That's why I included my suggestion of a 1-2 second cooldown reduction of the "stomp" skill. This in turn would make bear a little more mobile overall (stomp destuns) and thus create more wiggle room for warriors to stick to their opponents.

@Absolize, Keep in mind that you are using dex set. With str set, you would be much tankier and have comparable damage. The only reason rhino can utilize dagger set right now is because it is over tuned. When reading my suggestions, imagine yourself playing with a str set, as the fact that you can use dex set effectively on paladin at the moment is because of the over tuning.
    I can use more than the dagger, the dagger isn’t needed for me to pvp I rarely use it, only for 1v1 some of the time. As of right now for me being able to compete in the tournament (you also) dex set is needed for us. Plus I feel as if I prefer the nukey playstyle.