Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default Idea!

Hey Arlorians,
    So I got to thinking...
    Maybe Sts should make a "Price Scanner".
    Lets Say you dont know the value of a item.
    But are wanting to sell it but you dont want to get scammed or lose any gold. Well my solution is a system that relays prices to you from scanning the item your interested in. Many people are gonna say ok, well what about jewels and awakes on actual gear? So I think this scanner should also show the same item you scan, with similar or same jewels and awakes and the price that the item recently sold at. I believe this would make a big reduction when it comes to scamming. And it also would educate people more about prices on items. Please no salt. This is just a small brain storm I came up with. Hope many of you can agree with this idea! Have a great day and good luck farming Arlorians

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shredderjoe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Prices change varied by the market supply and demand it’s an open economy, it’s not like walmart... where there is only 1 company selling

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Prices change varied by the market supply and demand it’s an open economy, it’s not like walmart... where there is only 1 company selling
    Exactly. I stated it would show the most recent of that item with the most comparable jewels and awakes and the value it sold at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

very good idear, and maybe a list of the current sold item and the price its sold for

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Krypton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Good Idea. Impossible to implement

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Free trade means selling or buying at your own risk. Price scanners would just ruin the whole point of selling and buying. You can’t get scammed in this game anymore unless you do so willingly. Also, selling an item for less than others buy it for doesn’t mean you got scammed. I don’t understand why everyone thinks that. You got the gold you wanted for the item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

This would break the economy lol, people will list items at a cheaper price then the price on the scanner will drop causing an infinite drop loop or say if nekro is 10mil atm and the scanner says its 5m the price will stay the same. More stuff will happen to, but i dont want to explain everything xd.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Free trade means selling or buying at your own risk. Price scanners would just ruin the whole point of selling and buying. You can’t get scammed in this game anymore unless you do so willingly. Also, selling an item for less than others buy it for doesn’t mean you got scammed. I don’t understand why everyone thinks that. You got the gold you wanted for the item.
    Please explain why it would "Ruin" the "Point" of selling and buying.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

The economy could only be broke if players do it theirself, by selling mass quantities of items for cheap. Not if we use a price scanner. Lol. Thats just completely irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by im jeff View Post
    This would break the economy lol, people will list items at a cheaper price then the price on the scanner will drop causing an infinite drop loop or say if nekro is 10mil atm and the scanner says its 5m the price will stay the same. More stuff will happen to, but i dont want to explain everything xd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

It has already been suggested several times (adding sales history to items), and I don't think STS is looking to add it, which is a shame because it would end the blatant "price manipulation" (When there is none of the specified item in auction, some players will list it for ridiculous price, effectively upping the price unnaturally). This will also end the fake current offers that have been circulating (Again, like the auction, some players will claim they have a c/o of 2-3x the regular price, which is stupid)

Quote Originally Posted by im jeff View Post
    say if nekro is 10mil atm and the scanner says its 5m the price will stay the same. More stuff will happen to, but i dont want to explain everything xd.
    I have to disagree Jeff. If the sales history claims that Nekro has been selling for 5 million, then it will stop the unnatural price changes (5m to 10m, come on lol). I believe this will benefit the economy more than hurt it. Items will follow more natural price changes, that actually correspond to supply and demand.
    Last edited by DalleManden; 06-23-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    Mage 71: Dalledalle Warrior 66: Dallemanden

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DalleManden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Honestly, I dont think there is any particular way in which a price scanner can be manipulated because prices fluctuate and that is the nature of any economy. More often then not, if there was a price scanner it would likely be wrong and misleading in many scenarios.

Just look at the nekro egg and any limited time offer egg for that matter. Merchers have based there entire money making strategies around the idea that if they horde once common items they go up in price. I dont think a price scanner would be able to keep up with these shifts in the economy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DalleManden View Post
    It has already been suggested several times (adding sales history to items), and I don't think STS is looking to add it, which is a shame because it would end the blatant "price manipulation" (When there is none of the specified item in auction, some players will list it for ridiculous price, effectively upping the price unnaturally). This will also end the fake current offers that have been circulating (Again, like the auction, some players will claim they have a c/o of 2-3x the regular price, which is stupid)

I have to disagree Jeff. If the sales history claims that Nekro has been selling for 5 million, then it will stop the unnatural price changes (5m to 10m, come on lol). I believe this will benefit the economy more than hurt it. Items will follow more natural price changes, that actually correspond to supply and demand.
    Thank you Dalle! Im glad someone understands the full concept. Nicely worded.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Shredderjoe For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Good idea, problem is a price history can only be maintained if all the trades happen from 1 place. In order to keep track of the price people should use CS. Trading off CS are currently unaccounted. So unless devs find a way around it I dont know how it can be implemented.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

-1 this idea is not rlly realistic and its only for the "lazy" player ingame. We already have a price scanner and that is auction and also chat. You can find and compare prices over there. Also you stated that there will be less scamming.. can you explain that to me? Cause the way i see it, your idea wont affect scamming in any way. Also if there was a price scanner for the very passive and lazy players, its unrealistic to update etc. Also if person x sold item x for 2m that does not say that item x will sell again for 2m ( or is worth this amount of gold )No salt just an honest opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Care to elaborate on how this isn't realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by swoutttt View Post
    Also you stated that there will be less scamming.. can you explain that to me?
    There will be less scamming due to the fact that players can easily look up the current price of their item, and therefore they won't get "sharked" by players taking advantage of players who are unknown to the prices of their item.

Also if person x sold item x for 2m that does not say that item x will sell again for 2m ( or is worth this amount of gold )No salt just an honest opinion.
    If a player sold x item for 2 million, then of course the price will not always be 2 million - the item's price will follow the natural changes of the supply and demand of the item, therefore giving the item a more realistic price development. This will keep the blatant price manipulation of items away, which is only good, and if a player is offended by the thought of that, it is most likely due to them doing it themselves for profit, and screwing over everyone else.

Also if there was a price scanner for the very passive and lazy players, its unrealistic to update etc.
    Why? If they can log everything that happens in all guilds, surely they can add a few lines of text to items that state the last 5x the item was sold, it was sold for x-price.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DalleManden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is a good idea for all the people whose new to the game. But it's near impossible to make it happen

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Icursedsword For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

the price tag can easy be manipulated as it keeps an account of how much the items wer sold for

lets say I put x item in auction for x amount of price x item in trade n I myself bought it from a different account for x price u still got the price wt I sold for n den u can follow it as ppl will totally get reliable on the scanner n will follow it blindly without much cross refering .the concept is ok but u have auction for it n have ur guild for price suggestions and help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Players can already check the current price off items.. i think your missing my point. Yes it takes a little effort, but why you wanna take this little effort away with a "pricescanner". Next thing is an auto button so u can run lvls without doin anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shredderjoe View Post
    Hey Arlorians,
    So I got to thinking...
    Maybe Sts should make a "Price Scanner".
    Lets Say you dont know the value of a item.
    But are wanting to sell it but you dont want to get scammed or lose any gold. Well my solution is a system that relays prices to you from scanning the item your interested in. Many people are gonna say ok, well what about jewels and awakes on actual gear? So I think this scanner should also show the same item you scan, with similar or same jewels and awakes and the price that the item recently sold at. I believe this would make a big reduction when it comes to scamming. And it also would educate people more about prices on items. Please no salt. This is just a small brain storm I came up with. Hope many of you can agree with this idea! Have a great day and good luck farming Arlorians

The "STS" price is the price that you see when you have the sell option when you are in the "inventory" screen.....

The auction price is just what people are "willing" to pay.........

For instance.... According to STS, a lucky artifact that has max LV gems and full awakening is only worth 5 gold, but people are paying 1+mil for it.......

I think that's why they even have that "sell" option with a displayed "price" from the "inventory screen"....... Seems they did it to sort of "answer" this type of "inquiry/idea/thought" in advance..... Which, I admit is kind of smart.....

Which is why if someone lists something in auction for "a certain price" that is lower than what people are "willing to pay", they "aren't" actually victims of "underselling"... You see, according to the STS price, the seller still hits the lottery.........

I think STS has the following individual held "hostage" at the HQ:

Name:  TPpyVep.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  39.3 KB

LOL.........

Just my "assumption"........... Also came to my mind "earlier" "before" reading this post.......... But, I feel where you are coming from.....

To reiterate...... A scanner would give the STS price....... No one gets my lucky artifact for 5 gold... LOL.... I'm afraid of scanners.... LOL......
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 06-24-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shubham View Post
    the price tag can easy be manipulated as it keeps an account of how much the items wer sold for

lets say I put x item in auction for x amount of price x item in trade n I myself bought it from a different account for x price u still got the price wt I sold for n den u can follow it as ppl will totally get reliable on the scanner n will follow it blindly without much cross refering .the concept is ok but u have auction for it n have ur guild for price suggestions and help
    No. If an item has sold 5x in the last 24 hours, for x-price, and then an item comes along and sells for plausibly 2x the price, it won't affect it, due to you as a buyer being able to see that 5 of the same item has sold for half the price in the last 24 hours.

Refer to the steam market for example:
    Attachment 169150

As you can see there are some clear outliers, but these do not affect the price at all. To the ones who do follow it blindly, well, everyone else will notice the true price and therefore negate any "manipulation" going on.