Results 1 to 18 of 18

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Add Aeren to regular m5

  1. #1
    Senior Member avikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,511
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,025
    Thanked in
    639 Posts

    Default Add Aeren to regular m5

    No reason why it shouldn't be a part of the map.

    Let us, please, have the chance to come across this evasive one while we run the map and nott it's alternate dead version. All people do to get Aeren is just run through the map twice in the hopes of seeing a spider with a name asides its health bar fall from the ceiling.

    Elite m5 is literally dead, what's the need to beat that dead horse?
    Do or do nott, there is no try.
     
    It was opened toad!

    Lennon wasn't the only one.

  2. #2
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    307
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    44
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

    Default

    lmao, cry more

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to slaaayerrr For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Senior Member Abuze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Guildhall
    Posts
    698
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    172
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    334
    Thanked in
    170 Posts

    Default

    Aren't the other maps where the evasive or elusive spawn as dead as well? No one complaining for those.
    Don't get me wrong I see the benefits in introducing Aeren in M5/M6 but just like all the other maps you can just grind through it till you eventually get it.

  5. #4
    Senior Member avikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,511
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,025
    Thanked in
    639 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Aren't the other maps where the evasive or elusive spawn as dead as well? No one complaining for those.
    Don't get me wrong I see the benefits in introducing Aeren in M5/M6 but just like all the other maps you can just grind through it till you eventually get it.
    People do complain about older maps being dead content...

    I got Aeren about n 'our ago but this thread isn't about me having to grind the APs it's about dead content so.

    The general argument to Aps such as this and flags is "I've suffered through it, so should you", is flawed and unless things change we might be heading towards a game with majority of the content being more dead than the Beats used by the Chainsmokers.
    Do or do nott, there is no try.
     
    It was opened toad!

    Lennon wasn't the only one.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to avikk For This Useful Post:


  7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Spacetime Studios Dev
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    928
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    363
    Thanked in
    208 Posts

    Default

    "No reason why it shouldn't be a part of the map."

    There are some technical reasons it can't go in Maus
    Aeren will remain where it is

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lojack For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Senior Member avikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,511
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,025
    Thanked in
    639 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    "No reason why it shouldn't be a part of the map."

    There are some technical reasons it can't go in Maus
    Aeren will remain where it is
    Thanks for the reply.

    Would love some kind of elaboration on the "technical reasons". Hypothesizing here but will it effect all the maus?

    Would it be possible to see a M7 map with Aeren and the same drop table as m6?
    Do or do nott, there is no try.
     
    It was opened toad!

    Lennon wasn't the only one.

  10. #7
    Member PatD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    223
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    75
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    76
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

    Default

    i've spend more than 100 ankhs and a lot of time to find it, and u want they give it to you on a silver plate? no thx bro sorry, that would not be fair to all the one who have farm for it, -1000

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Senior Member avikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,511
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,025
    Thanked in
    639 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    i've spend more than 100 ankhs and a lot of time to find it, and u want they give it to you on a silver plate? no thx bro sorry, that would not be fair to all the one who have farm for it, -1000
    Before replying please take the two minutes it requires to read through the thread(while ignoring the salty replies). Bold'd it to help you out here.

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    People do complain about older maps being dead content...

    I got Aeren about n 'our ago but this thread isn't about me having to grind the APs it's about dead content so.

    The general argument to Aps such as this and flags is "I've suffered through it, so should you", is flawed and unless things change we might be heading towards a game with majority of the content being more dead than the Beats used by the Chainsmokers.
    The reason I wanted to see a m7 with a chance of Aeren is it keeps content open to f2p players who have to farm to stay up to date on gear.

    Again I reiterate this thread isn't just about your AP or mine but dead content and how it acts like a wall for LB. Take for example Flags it's been 11 seasons now and the only thing separating people on the LB and people Nott on is they ran between point A to B for 10k times, past threads have even pointed out how this encourages botting.

    Or take for example the Boss APs, a player who has farmed the endgame content he's at the same level as someone who runs Elite Brack or AFK'd his way through Elite Southern Seas. It would make more sense to have a higher AP reward for endgame content.

    Small changes like these make the Lb more competitive and encourage new players to try for a spot on there, as of now the class LB is dead.
    Do or do nott, there is no try.
     
    It was opened toad!

    Lennon wasn't the only one.

  13. #9
    Senior Member PsychoNuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Posts
    686
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    202
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    The reason I wanted to see a m7 with a chance of Aeren is it keeps content open to f2p players who have to farm to stay up to date on gear.
    You are asking for Aeren in regular m5, hmm, how will it make the dead content (elite m5) alive again?
    Elite M5 was made for timed runs (its a static map), the way I see it: Aeren is the only reason why players run that map if they are not running timed.

    Also I fail to understand how making a rare available to M7 will help f2p players. The right motivation for f2p players to farm/grind is gears or gold, not a rare. And I am happy that STS is at the right path, with the new expansion the gears are for token.

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Again I reiterate this thread isn't just about your AP or mine but dead content and how it acts like a wall for LB. Take for example Flags it's been 11 seasons now and the only thing separating people on the LB and people Nott on is they ran between point A to B for 10k times, past threads have even pointed out how this encourages botting.

    Or take for example the Boss APs, a player who has farmed the endgame content he's at the same level as someone who runs Elite Brack or AFK'd his way through Elite Southern Seas. It would make more sense to have a higher AP reward for endgame content.

    Small changes like these make the Lb more competitive and encourage new players to try for a spot on there, as of now the class LB is dead.
    I don't know about bots, but I know players in LB who got zillions of PVE kills from exploits (nordr). You wana talk about fair LB, lets start from there.
    Also I do not understand the underlined, kindly elaborate.
    “Solitude sometimes is best society.”
    - John Milton, Paradise Lost.
     
    It is not Fair.
     
    Smile, and get used to it.

  14. #10
    Senior Member avikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,511
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,025
    Thanked in
    639 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    You are asking for Aeren in regular m5, hmm, how will it make the dead content (elite m5) alive again?



    I don't know about bots, but I know players in LB who got zillions of PVE kills from exploits (nordr). You wana talk about fair LB, lets start from there.
    Also I do not understand the underlined, kindly elaborate.
    I'm nott asking for Aeren in m5. I'm asking for a m7 with the same drops as m6 but with a chance of Aeren, increased mob difficulty if need be. < this because lojack says " some technical reasons it can't go in Maus"
    Elite M5 was made for timed runs (its a static map), the way I see it: Aeren is the only reason why players run that map if they are not running timed.
    : that's why I would like Aeren removed from there. Timed runners can run content, specifically made for them all they want but why make people vying for a LB position run content. Run, literally, because people who want Aeren just run through map, break party, remap. Atleast [s]most[/s] everyone else did, I had a different strategy.

    Also I fail to understand how making a rare available to M7 will help f2p players. The right motivation for f2p players to farm/grind is gears or gold, not a rare. And I am happy that STS is at the right path, with the new expansion the gears are for token.
    A f2p player will benefit from the time he/she/non-binary has saved from nott running(literally) through the timed m5 for Aeren, rather he's making gold and PvE kills whilst having a chance of coming across this evasive mob.

    Lastly the underlined, I think it's unfair to reward endgame maps 1000 boss kills with the same amount as points as it takes to run Brackenridge etc.

    PvE kills will matter a lot less if APs are rewarded appropriately, for example the 666 raids runs required for mythics. Mindlessly running between point a to b has the same reward as finding and killing one voriyana/lich. JS.
    Do or do nott, there is no try.
     
    It was opened toad!

    Lennon wasn't the only one.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to avikk For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Senior Member PsychoNuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Posts
    686
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    202
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I'm nott asking for Aeren in m5. I'm asking for a m7 with the same drops as m6 but with a chance of Aeren, increased mob difficulty if need be. < this because lojack says " some technical reasons it can't go in Maus"
    Read your OP, its for m5. As per my knowledge there is no m7 at current or hinted for future by devs.

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    : that's why I would like Aeren removed from there. Timed runners can run content, specifically made for them all they want but why make people vying for a LB position run content. Run, literally, because people who want Aeren just run through map, break party, remap. Atleast [s]most[/s] everyone else did, I had a different strategy.
    Adding elite loots to elite m5 will make it similar to any other elite map with rare, dont you think that should be the solution instead of making it specific for timed. The way you mention to find rare is similar in any map irrespective of its difficulty/content/loot. Blame the players for finding shortcuts to get things done, not the content.

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    A f2p player will benefit from the time he/she/non-binary has saved from nott running(literally) through the timed m5 for Aeren, rather he's making gold and PvE kills whilst having a chance of coming across this evasive mob.
    Achievements are suppose to consume time. Players should spend time to get achievements separately, it should not be a give-away between your gold grinding rotations. Grinding for gold/loot and grinding for achievements are two separate things, do not mix them. What's next? Remove RNG from achievements?

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Lastly the underlined, I think it's unfair to reward endgame maps 1000 boss kills with the same amount as points as it takes to run Brackenridge etc.

    PvE kills will matter a lot less if APs are rewarded appropriately, for example the 666 raids runs required for mythics. Mindlessly running between point a to b has the same reward as finding and killing one voriyana/lich. JS.
    666 runs for Mythics does not have a AP, though I get what you are saying when you points to vori/lich.
    But a player who is not at endgame will certainly have less APs than a player who finished the endgame APs. So even if the points are less end game player will be above the one who is not. The last season LB ended with mostly 30k+ APs which is only achievable by end-game players.

    Now that the competition are on the same levels - I think the PVE kills become the deciding factor of rankings, and we are sitting with players with millions of PVE kills from past exploits that are unaccounted for. Currently if a player wants to be 1st on rogue LB he will have to grind 5m+ PVE, thats almost a year worth of only hauntlet runs. I know many F2p players who can use that time doing better things that you mentioned.
    “Solitude sometimes is best society.”
    - John Milton, Paradise Lost.
     
    It is not Fair.
     
    Smile, and get used to it.

  17. #12
    Senior Member avikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,511
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,025
    Thanked in
    639 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Read your OP, its for m5. As per my knowledge there is no m7 at current or hinted for future by devs.
    This is how discussions work on this forums, and in other places. Players ask for some content, devs say they can't do that, players concede and try to come to an alternate solution and people compromise. My OP is quite a few days older than the post asking if we could have a m7 since we can't have a m5 with Aeren. Hope you understand.

    Achievements are suppose to consume time. Players should spend time to get achievements separately, it should not be a give-away between your gold grinding rotations. Grinding for gold/loot and grinding for achievements are two separate things, do not mix them. What's next? Remove RNG from achievements?
    Sorry I didn't get the Memo where we were informed about "Grinding for gold/loot and grinding for achievements" are two separate things. If that were the case I think STS should remove all the money I made from running Cryostar/northal and Mausoleum. I made a tiny sum from running Shuyal and Nordr too, I kindly suggest STS to take away those too since I seemed to have gotten Aps with all the loots.

    The only reason LB is so exclusive and nott at all competitive is because of how STS expects people to flag, or run maps where even your pet one hits mobs. PvP kills are understandable, as is endgame content but why make someone run from point A to point B mindlessly? Something like this is just begging to be botted. This is the main reason LB is so dead that some nab like me can get on it on the last week of expansion.
    666 runs for Mythics does not have a AP, though I get what you are saying when you points to vori/lich.
    But a player who is not at endgame will certainly have less APs than a player who finished the endgame APs. So even if the points are less end game player will be above the one who is not. The last season LB ended with mostly 30k+ APs which is only achievable by end-game players.
    I used the 666 runs as an example to show how Endgame is less rewarding when it comes to APs.

    "A player who is not at endgame will certainly have less Aps than a player who finished endgame APs", that is exactly what I'm trying to prove is nott true. Someone with Elite Rengol, Glintstone and Mausoleum had the same number of Aps with someone who has any three of the first 5 elite Maps completed. Whereas the former takes 100 hours the latter is mostly afkable and takes 1/4th of the time. What I would like to see is those thousand boss Achievements to have a higher reward than the lower Elite Achievements.
    Do or do nott, there is no try.
     
    It was opened toad!

    Lennon wasn't the only one.

  18. #13
    Senior Member PsychoNuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Posts
    686
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    202
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    This is how discussions work on this forums, and in other places. Players ask for some content, devs say they can't do that, players concede and try to come to an alternate solution and people compromise. My OP is quite a few days older than the post asking if we could have a m7 since we can't have a m5 with Aeren. Hope you understand.


    Sorry I didn't get the Memo where we were informed about "Grinding for gold/loot and grinding for achievements" are two separate things. If that were the case I think STS should remove all the money I made from running Cryostar/northal and Mausoleum. I made a tiny sum from running Shuyal and Nordr too, I kindly suggest STS to take away those too since I seemed to have gotten Aps with all the loots.

    The only reason LB is so exclusive and nott at all competitive is because of how STS expects people to flag, or run maps where even your pet one hits mobs. PvP kills are understandable, as is endgame content but why make someone run from point A to point B mindlessly? Something like this is just begging to be botted. This is the main reason LB is so dead that some nab like me can get on it on the last week of expansion.

    I used the 666 runs as an example to show how Endgame is less rewarding when it comes to APs.

    "A player who is not at endgame will certainly have less Aps than a player who finished endgame APs", that is exactly what I'm trying to prove is nott true. Someone with Elite Rengol, Glintstone and Mausoleum had the same number of Aps with someone who has any three of the first 5 elite Maps completed. Whereas the former takes 100 hours the latter is mostly afkable and takes 1/4th of the time. What I would like to see is those thousand boss Achievements to have a higher reward than the lower Elite Achievements.
    I disagree, simply because you dont make much sense. Its OK to accept your perspective on things are different than mine, not everything has to be a debate. You have nothing to prove to me. I will stop here, save opinion for others, I see you seek continuous validation on them.
    “Solitude sometimes is best society.”
    - John Milton, Paradise Lost.
     
    It is not Fair.
     
    Smile, and get used to it.

  19. #14
    Senior Member avikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,511
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,025
    Thanked in
    639 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    I disagree, simply because you dont make much sense. Its OK to accept your perspective on things are different than mine, not everything has to be a debate. You have nothing to prove to me. I will stop here, save opinion for others, I see you seek continuous validation on them.
    I've tried to put it
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    simply
    but as we can see things
    dont make much sense.
    I urge you to
    stop here
    .
    I've already accepted
    your perspective on things are different than mine
    The feeling is mutual:
    I see you seek continuous validation on them.
    When things don't make sense to me I try to understand them before commenting. The adage empty vessels make more noise, is a golden one.

    Proclaimations of nott commenting or switching chat off, extremely juvenile in my perspective.
    Do or do nott, there is no try.
     
    It was opened toad!

    Lennon wasn't the only one.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to avikk For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    154
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    32
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    48
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    I would like to see aeren moved out of elite mauso.

    The difference betweed aeren and the other evasive 6 members is the other maps are easy enough to solo quickly until you happen to run into the guy you are looking for. Aeren however, is not as as easy. The fact that this map is completely dead (so much so that nobody in guild is willing to run it to help) means that this guy must be soloed. I personally am a mage and I can barely make it anywhere with voice set and speed set in order to attempt to find aeren.

    Unfortunantly this means for me and many others that the evasive 6 ap, as well as the twisted 10 ap, are "literally impossible" all because of one member. All of the other 10 are reasonable to find (except for maybe amra zu, who is just very hard to find), but aeren is not. Just my 2 cents on why this guy should be moved (or at least lower the difficulty so we can solo it, considering nobody runs this map anyway).

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:


  23. #16
    Senior Member PsychoNuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Posts
    686
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    202
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    When things don't make sense to me I try to understand them before commenting.
    Its not worth my time and effort. I see a conversation is not worth when its not open to discussion, rather countered as debate with narrow self belief and self-centered notion of righteous. "Wise men argue causes; fools decide them".
    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Proclaimations of nott commenting or switching chat off, extremely juvenile in my perspective.
    Its ok, with time your perspective will grow and you will learn better young grasshopper.
    “Solitude sometimes is best society.”
    - John Milton, Paradise Lost.
     
    It is not Fair.
     
    Smile, and get used to it.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:


  25. #17
    Senior Member avikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,511
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,025
    Thanked in
    639 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Its not worth my time and effort. I see a conversation is not worth when its not open to discussion, rather countered as debate with narrow self belief and self-centered notion of righteous. "Wise men argue causes; fools decide them".

    Its ok, with time your perspective will grow and you will learn better young grasshopper.
    Its not worth my time and effort. I see a conversation is not worth when its not open to discussion, rather countered as debate with narrow self belief and self-centered notion of righteous. "Wise men argue causes; fools decide them". That is why I'm willing to back up my arguments with logic and facts, while you'on the other hand are saying I'm nott "making sense" to you.

    Its ok, with time your perspective will grow and you will learn better young grasshopper. Why are you still replying even after you've said you will "stop here". Seeking validation?

    I'll refrain from saying anything more, one of us has to be the adult after all.

    "it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."~ Aristotle.

    Do nott start a quote war with me, lil Padawan even Yoda quoted me when he said "do or do nott there is no try."
    Do or do nott, there is no try.
     
    It was opened toad!

    Lennon wasn't the only one.

  26. #18
    Senior Member PsychoNuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Posts
    686
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    202
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    That is why I'm willing to back up my arguments with logic and facts.
    Well its too late for that, the discussion on the topic is over from my end. May be next time you should start with facts and logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Why are you still replying even after you've said you will "stop here".
    I only meant I will stop commenting on the subject. Another example of your understanding on things.

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I'll refrain from saying anything more, one of us has to be the adult after all.
    Cool, so I believe I shall not expect further posts from you quoting me. After all you claim to be an adult here, lets see.

    Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    "it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."~ Aristotle.
    Your posts wouldn't have been same if only you understood the meanings of the quotes you use. Perhaps practice what you preach.
    “Solitude sometimes is best society.”
    - John Milton, Paradise Lost.
     
    It is not Fair.
     
    Smile, and get used to it.

Similar Threads

  1. Finding Aeren, 1M Prize !!! XD
    By matiusjohntw in forum AL Contests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2018, 03:17 PM
  2. Finding Aeren
    By arcanefid in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-19-2018, 08:12 PM
  3. Aeren and Ikku
    By Endroids in forum AL Contests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2018, 04:56 PM
  4. E6 Aeren and Ikku hunting
    By Endroids in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2018, 08:43 PM
  5. Regular player?
    By silentraider in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2014, 12:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •