Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Miner 100% (Reroll) Luck Potion and Legendary Pistols

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MYNISTA View Post
    If it turns out that pinks were not even able to drop/re-roll (if you got a purple drop from MF) to those using the Miner potion "AFTER" the last update...will it be possible to get our plat refunded? I used 80 plat on potions last night (4 pots). Just wondering...
    yes im wondering the same

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rolocoaster For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #42
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

If it turns out that pinks were not even able to drop/re-roll (if you got a purple drop from MF) to those using the Miner potion "AFTER" the last update...will it be possible to get our plat refunded? I used 80 plat on potions last night (4 pots). Just wondering...
    Mynista, if you feel that your plat spent on luck elixirs / enhancers was not well spent, please contact our support team either via e-mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol) or via http://support.spacetimestudios.com. We're always happy to discuss the issue with our customers.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rolocoaster View Post
    yes im wondering the same
    I wouldn't bet on it. Although it may be flawed, we did get better drops for every other drop, and I know I got some purples from greens...even though they weren't good purples lol. So I'm sure we did net SOME credit profit, but maybe STS is feeling super generous?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Let me demonstrate the math behind the point I'm trying to make... First off, I'm a partner at one of the top wealth management firms in the country that manages around $800 million in client assets. I do probability analysis and statistical modeling all day long. I'm going to give hypothetical numbers for the purpose of this example.

Lets assume this is MFs loot table based on a 1-100 scale:
    1-40: orange
    41-80: green
    81-98: purple
    99-100: pink

Assume my first roll is a 72... The luck elixir grants a 100% reroll. If I roll anything below a 72, I get the green I was originally entitled to and get the feeling lucky message. If I roll 73, I get one level higher, which should give me a purple and a you are lucky message.

If my first roll is an 83, I'm entitled to another roll and a purple. If the second roll is below that, I should get a feeling lucky message and a purple. If I roll an 84, I should get a level higher and you are lucky messsge, which should mean a pink.

This still requires a back to back high purple roll, which is only a 16% chance at a pink. While this is still unlikely, it beats the 2% base chance or chance with the old elixir.

Regardless of anyone's opinions, this is a direct example of what the explanation given on how the new elixir works assuming a single loot table.

The problem is that pinks are very clearly on a secondary loot table like vanities and recipes, and the players are not privy to the math behind the loot tables.

Flame me for negativity if you want, but my argument is based on mathematical fact and not personal opinion. And while I'm clearly negative on this issue, there is no doubt I support STS as I'm pretty sure the hundreds (soon to be over $1000) that I've paid for the entertaining product they make puts me in the top 5% (probably 1%) of revenue generating players.

I'm positive on a ton of other issues and am just a brutally honest, call it how it is, person. It's why my clients respect me and entrust me with their life savings!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
    Blah blah Things I agree with blah blah
    ^^This^^

Couldn't agree more, and thank you for putting the math in a more comprehensive way lol
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

In regards to the refund issue, I hope it happens since I spent hundreds of plat just testing this stuff for everyone, but I'm not going to gripe if not.

STS has been very generous in the past, especially after the shared plat fiasco caused by Apple. I won't be whining to customer support, but would be very grateful if there was a refund or partial refund.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Mynista, if you feel that your plat spent on luck elixirs / enhancers was not well spent, please contact our support team either via e-mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol) or via http://support.spacetimestudios.com. We're always happy to discuss the issue with our customers.
    Thx, It's no big deal, if it's not something that you all will be generally considering then I'm not concerned. I did get a couple of GOOD purple drops during my runs last night, so it's cool. I was just curious. I was just hoping that the pots gave me a better chance of getting a pink drop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thx, It's no big deal, if it's not something that you all will be generally considering then I'm not concerned. I did get a couple of GOOD purple drops during my runs last night, so it's cool. I was just curious. I was just hoping that the pots gave me a better chance of getting a pink drop
    I know the feeling, I spent a lot already on luck enhancers (more than 80 plat, alas), and need clarification here to decide better whether to spend more.

Engineer, Operative & Commando | V for Vendetta

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #49
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

In regards to the refund issue, I hope it happens since I spent hundreds of plat just testing this stuff for everyone, but I'm not going to gripe if not.

STS has been very generous in the past, especially after the shared plat fiasco caused by Apple. I won't be whining to customer support, but would be very grateful if there was a refund or partial refund.
    Reggin, it's not whining, we love to hear from you! No, seriously. At this point we're not planning for a full refund script, but instead to discuss the issue on a one by one basis. So, if you feel that the plat you've spent on Luck Enhancers / Elixirs was not well spent, we welcome you to write us (support@spacetimestudios.com or via http://support.spacetimestudios.com) and let us know.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Let me demonstrate the math behind the point I'm trying to make... First off, I'm a partner at one of the top wealth management firms in the country that manages around $800 million in client assets. I do probability analysis and statistical modeling all day long. I'm going to give hypothetical numbers for the purpose of this example.

Lets assume this is MFs loot table based on a 1-100 scale:
    1-40: orange
    41-80: green
    81-98: purple
    99-100: pink

Assume my first roll is a 72... The luck elixir grants a 100% reroll. If I roll anything below a 72, I get the green I was originally entitled to and get the feeling lucky message. If I roll 73, I get one level higher, which should give me a purple and a you are lucky message.

If my first roll is an 83, I'm entitled to another roll and a purple. If the second roll is below that, I should get a feeling lucky message and a purple. If I roll an 84, I should get a level higher and you are lucky messsge, which should mean a pink.

This still requires a back to back high purple roll, which is only a 16% chance at a pink. While this is still unlikely, it beats the 2% base chance or chance with the old elixir.

Regardless of anyone's opinions, this is a direct example of what the explanation given on how the new elixir works assuming a single loot table.

The problem is that pinks are very clearly on a secondary loot table like vanities and recipes, and the players are not privy to the math behind the loot tables.

Flame me for negativity if you want, but my argument is based on mathematical fact and not personal opinion. And while I'm clearly negative on this issue, there is no doubt I support STS as I'm pretty sure the hundreds (soon to be over $1000) that I've paid for the entertaining product they make puts me in the top 5% (probably 1%) of revenue generating players.

I'm positive on a ton of other issues and am just a brutally honest, call it how it is, person. It's why my clients respect me and entrust me with their life savings!
    This is an excellent description of how the elixir USED to work. It does not take into account the supposed new changes though stated here. According to that, using your examples:
    Your first roll uses a range of 1-100, and you roll a 72. Now your second roll ~should~ use a range of 81-98 [or 81-100, depending on exactly how it works, whether it is "will always be one rarity better" or "will always be at least one rarity better".
    If your first roll is a 25, your second roll ~should~ use a range of 41-80 [or 41-100].

The first question is "Is this what is actually happening" and the second question is Are pinks 98-100 on the main loot table, or is there a second loot table with:
    1-80: Nothing
    81-85: Vanity Hat
    86:97: Recipe
    98-100: Pink Gun

Hopefully these questions will be answered in the details Sam stated are coming.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

But since we already know that pinks drops in sy5 have come as secondary drops (like recipes) why on earth would assume a single loot table because all your work rests on that and the observations do not support it.

And this or that, you fail to take into factor what asommers and flip said about the new elixir. Both said guaranteed one-rarity level more rare is the mod drops that rarity. (which is where the mistake was made I believe).

A far more likely scenario goes as follows. The evidence:
    1) Unenhanced I have got dozens of varios single drops from orange to purps from mr mysterio
    2) Unenhanced I have gotten a purple shield followed by a secondary drop of a purple recipe. This evidently is very rare, as I've only ever witnessed that once that one time that I got it.
    3) Unenhanced I have gotten an orange drop, poly boots maybe, followed by a secondary drop of a pink gun called electrorazed
    4) Enhanced I have gotten oranges raised to greenes with a luck related message.
    5) Enhanced I have gotten a green from normal enemies that only drop up to greens having not been raised to anything and no luck related comment.
    6) I have heard numerous reports of greenes having been raised to purples with luck related messages.
    7) There are several people here claiming that they've now received a purple drop which, was not superseed nor followed by any luck comment nor a secondary drop. And this with the new enhancer which was supposedly guaranteed to raise the rarity by one if the mob drops that elevated rarity.
    8) There is one person saying that he got his pink as a secondary drop with a luck message, but this is one time deal and I wouldn't bet on it that the luck message weren't tied to the first of his drops. This is highly uncertain at best.

Granted 6 and 7 are not facts, but as both are backed up by multiple sources, I see no reason to doubt either of them.

That is most simply explained with two tables:
    1-50: orange
    51-95: green
    96-100: purple

1-97: nothing
    98-99: a recipe
    100: a pink

(there are also vanities at play, and they may be a part of this secondary table or be in a table of their own, after all they drop everywhere, this we do not know and it's not really an issue here)

That rarity level of the first throw is clearly enhanced not only with a mere second attempt (as it initially were I presume), but with elevated a class all together. Should you roll a 55, you're getting a drop from the purple table instead of the green.

Now, the second table is clearly different. Obviously the nothing drop is not raised to recipes, because we'd get recipes all the time. Whether the recipe drop is perphaps elevated to to pink should it occur in the first place is uncertain.

That is my bet on the system and is supported by the evidence a lot more than a single table explanation.

This also would go a long way explaining why sts got their description wrong in the first place. The luck enhancer is a hook tied to those first drops. And since they didn't want to make it automatically drop secondaries in sy5 that nothing was dealt differently. So in a sense it's not wrong to say that a rarity level of a drop is raised automatically, but when they should've said "of that one roll" they instead didn't want to talk about secondaries and said "if that mob drops that elevated rarity" (loosely quoted).

The sad part is that pinks is all that people were after with the enhancers and pinks are dropped by that mysterious boss in sy5, so people were not at all wrong when expecting to see their purp drops elevated to pinks in sy5 (because that's what a description given by two different sts reps clearly stated would happen).

Little inaccuracy in description, easy mistake to make. Massive fuss. :-) And like I said earlier, fix is imminent. Gj sts and thanks for the unenhanced pink.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

place a minor variation of these guns in plat store....so ppl can still get it....and if your brave buy the plat to get the spacial boss drop ones.

ppl love exclusive items and/or the "Off brand looking ones" I know I do. i prefer the plat store

My reasons for plat store should be more focused on!

1. instant gratification
    2. anyone can get it
    3. still help STS
    4. less complaining
    5. Non-sellable only u can have it
    6. ppl can say where did you get that? and you can say u can get one too
    7. less complaints on forums about drops.
    8. this is a PVE environment not PVP
    9. in next update they can be passed to ur lower level alts.
    10. you can be with the in group.

:Biggie:
    11. if you want to be special (different looking), buy vanity (Xray good example)....no matter the level
    you will always look fantastic.
    Last edited by octavos; 11-16-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default uhuh looking diiff

buy a vanity huh if they werent so expensive pple could u have to think about that besides pl has more to offer in looking diff from other players sl needs more armor and more stuff like pl they plus re rolls would help low lvs if there was better loot for them to nad there isnt the re roll table is impressive theorys though now to bad lower lvs re rolls a worthless because its only green they can get and how dose the vanity fit n on the drop re roll because pple left that out ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ha ha

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

To Fluff,

Yes, technically you are correct on that post, but quite frankly, that would almost be too good. At least my analysis would create some rarity for pinks still.

In fact, based on the way it is worded it could be taken as a reroll isn't even needed, as it would just mean your loot level is automatically improved.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

To Fluff,

Yes, technically you are correct on that post, but quite frankly, that would almost be too good. At least my analysis would create some rarity for pinks still.

In fact, based on the way it is worded it could be taken as a reroll isn't even needed, as it would just mean your loot level is automatically improved.
    This all comes down to does the wording represent the actual mechanics of the elixir, or is there a miscommunication between programmers and the support staff. For PL (eliminating the 'is an SL pink a secondary drop' controversy) this could easily be tested. Suck down a 20 plat elixir and do a bunch of runs in the last level of Skeller Krunch. Since the ~minimum~ a boss there drops is a purple, if this is working as stated, then EVERY boss drop should be a pink. Granted, I am not about to spend 20 plat for a bunch of Skeller pinks

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Star Legends Twitter account said they are gonna make additional changes to teh luck elix, so post what changes you would like to see in this thread... way to keep it simple
    Last edited by Slant; 11-18-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

lol, ninjad
    meh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Ya seems to be more effective now. Now everyone can have a Legendary Item! Thats always fun! Weeeee

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward