Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Miner 100% (Reroll) Luck Potion and Legendary Pistols

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default New Miner 100% (Reroll) Luck Potion and Legendary Pistols

I read in another thread that the new pistols drop as secondary loot, something similar to recipes (which I've had drop in this manner) and vanities (I've yet to receive a vanity, unfortunately). My fear: If this is truly the case, and unless I have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the luck/reroll elixir works, then purchasing the elixir has no impact whatsoever on the chances of receiving secondary drops -- including the legendary pistols. My understanding of the new miner luck/reroll potion is that there will be a 100% "reroll" chance for "better loot" if your received item is of a certain type (e.g., less than whatever the devs consider to be "good"), and this is based on pre-defined/guaranteed drops (e.g., you always receive AT LEAST ONE ITEM from the Mysterious Figure). So the real questions are whether there is
    • a "reroll" associated with getting a secondary item if your first roll determined you would NOT receive one;
    • a reroll if you DO receive a secondary item, like a recipe, to bump to legendary pistol (e.g., what is considered "good" loot for secondary).

Also, I'm assuming that "rerolls" are against the same loot table, such that if you had a 0.01% chance to receive XYZ, you'd have the exact same likelihood on a reroll. Any insights?

Engineer, Operative & Commando | V for Vendetta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I think there is a predetermined "good" item that if you get cancels your reroll because with my 100% luck potion sometimes I didnt get a reroll it just says "Feeling lucky..." and sometimes I would actually reroll for better loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by serprus View Post
    I think there is a predetermined "good" item that if you get cancels your reroll because with my 100% luck potion sometimes I didnt get a reroll it just says "Feeling lucky..." and sometimes I would actually reroll for better loot.
    Yes, and that goes to whatever the devs define as "good"; what I'm curious about it whether/how the luck elixir impacts SECONDARY items, given that the new pistols drop that way (e.g., NOT guaranteed loot). If the luck elixir only impacts rerolls for "better" loot vs. whether you get a piece of loot item in the first place, well, there's really no point in purchasing the luck elixir if your purpose in doing so is solely to get the pistols. And if the elixir does give a reroll for "no item" scenarios, and does so at the same base chance (hypothetically let's say 1% chance), I've got to think a bit harder about whether 20 plat is worth a "2%" shot within a 30 minute window (even running fast/switching "juiced" toons, etc.).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

This is exactly the reason I stopped using the new luck elixir. Literally everything you posted I've been saying to people this week lol.
    Think I even posted this is another thread somewhere
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Bod, if that's the case, then why was I re-rolling oranges on the last boss? I'm referring to the part about how you always reroll one rarity higher. I'm 100% sure the boss doesn't drop whites.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

eek!

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

It's official... Luck elixir won't upgrade a purp to a pink... Just had my second purp drop from MF with no luck message. This means there isn't a higher level item on his normal loot table... Watch it on trash mobs... If they drop green, you won't get pass or fail reroll message since purple loot isn't possible from them.

Upset at the ten luck elixirs I purchased due to the advertisement of improving chance for pistols... Not wasting another plat on them!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Man...Wish I would have known that earlier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

As far as I know, luck elixirs or lucky buffs have never affected the outcome on the secondary rolls (Big Luck in PL, Luck elixirs, etc). So technically, a 100% reroll will not affect the secondary roll also. So yeah, if pistols are from secondary rolls, these new luck elixirs shouldn't affect them at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
    It's official... Luck elixir won't upgrade a purp to a pink... Just had my second purp drop from MF with no luck message. This means there isn't a higher level item on his normal loot table... Watch it on trash mobs... If they drop green, you won't get pass or fail reroll message since purple loot isn't possible from them.

Upset at the ten luck elixirs I purchased due to the advertisement of improving chance for pistols... Not wasting another plat on them!
    If that boss, wasnt set to drop Pink, then no you will not have a chance. Though if you get a re-roll which should have been a Purple, and you also had the chance to get a Pink on that instance. Then this would/should change a Purple to drop a Pink in all sense.

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    • When a luck enhancer triggers, and the mob is capable of dropping items of one rarity level rarer than the item which would have dropped, you get a random item of the rarer rarity instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    As far as I know, luck elixirs or lucky buffs have never affected the outcome on the secondary rolls (Big Luck in PL, Luck elixirs, etc). So technically, a 100% reroll will not affect the secondary roll also. So yeah, if pistols are from secondary rolls, these new luck elixirs shouldn't affect them at all.
    Elly have you seen the new update though? This has been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

If that boss, wasnt set to drop Pink, then no you will not have a chance. Though if you get a re-roll which should have been a Purple, and you also had the chance to get a Pink on that instance. Then this would/should change a Purple to drop a Pink in all sense.

Yeah but it hasn't been changed to include secondary drops. People are getting purple drops as their first drop, and not re-rolling for pinks. According to this new system, that is what SHOULD be happening, if the pink drops were indeed on the first wheel. Because it's not, that means they're on the second wheel of items with vanities and recipes. Elixirs won't help get them =\ If this is true, then I feel a little cheated, since the advertising made it seem like the elixirs were basically for getting these new items. All I'm getting is 300 flash guns per level lol

I wish a Dev would confirm if this is true or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yeah, didn't know that the pistols only came from secondary rolls though. From my experience with secondary rolls, I've never had it luckily reroll from a lucky buff.

It's never gone:

You are lucky! - reroll first loot.
    You are lucky! - reroll on second loot too.

It's always just been the first one that's rolled. Either the second roll is never supposed to reroll or I've been extremely unlucky - either is very possible D:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Bod... I've got a lot of respect for you, but instead of directing me to a thread I've obviously read a dozen times, I wish you would just test it the way I spent a couple hours doing.

Mysterious Figure is supposed to have pink loot, as it was clearly stated that he is the only boss that drops the pink pistols. Lets follow some quick logical progression versus what asom's post said is supposed to happen and what ACTUALLY happened twice this very evening.

Given as fact based on those constants... Mysterious Figure has pink loot which is one level higher than purple. With 100% luck elixir, a reroll opportunity will happen if mob has items one level higher on loot table.

My group kills Mysterious Figure and a Plasma Tech Arms purple drops for me initially. Since pink loot exists (so we are told to assume), a reroll should be triggered.

At this point, I can either roll higher and get the message saying you ARE lucky and I should get the pistol, or I can roll lower and get the message saying feeling lucky and just get my original purple loot for not getting a better roll.

Now if you were to actually spend several hundred plat on the elixirs like I did to test this, you would know (regardless of what anyone posts) that neither the successful reroll or unsuccessful reroll message pops up, which can only happen if there is no loot one level higher available from that mob.

Following the logical progression (and previously stated fact from people with pistols who verified pistols dropped in addition to another item like vanities), it is clear that the pistols are on a separate loot table and cannot cause a step up in item levels from the luck elixir the way it has been described.

In all honesty, the improvement to the luck elixir is meaningful for farming purples or items not on special loot tables. However, the impact (if any) on helping farm pink pistols is minimal. Since the elixirs were introduced along with the pistols and cat pets with a specific suggestion to buy luck elixirs to improve chance of getting these new pistols, I feel partially misled.

At the end of the day, if the only reason for purchasing luck elixirs is to farm pink pistols (which is certainly the only reason I bought them and anyone I know bought them), they are still nowhere near worth it.

At 18-20 plat a piece, the most possible kills (under normal conditions) for a single Mysterious Figure kill is 2-3 per elixir. I don't know about you, but I think 6-10 plat per kill for a VERY minimal (if at all) chance for the only possible reason for buying something is not right.

Even if it was just a standard reroll for a 1/1000 chance, that would be a 2/1000 (1/500) chance with the elixir. When looking at the actual numbers, would anyone actually think it was a smart way to spend their valuable plat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Hi Reggin, the re-directed link was for Elly as wasnt sure from his response measured the fact that it had changed. The please read post, was informing everyone of the change, if you check the time I posted it was as pretty much as soon as the info was made public.

Im in the same position as you buddy, every boss run since they had been released I have used a Miner potion. And I still havent seen a Pink. Also agree with the prices of the Miner, as I buy them staight from Market as im going against the boss.

The point I was trying to get across is that if that instance did not have a Pink set to drop, then it wouldnt re-roll just give the Purple instead.

From my understanding of the drops, is that only say (1/200) have the chance to drop, but that does not mean that 1 will drop in say 1000 runs. There may be a Pink to drop in 5/1000 but you were not lucky to even get to that point of dropping them they would most likely only get Purples at the most, though a player that got a Purple if by chance had the potion it might have dropped a Pink. With this Luck Potion provided you are in 5/1000 instances this would bump a Purple to a Pink. Though the 995 other instances wouldnt even have them available so would only drop a Purple.

(Depends what the Dev have put the drop rate at in SY5, from the amount of runs very low in Pink drop in general (Again never witnessed a Pink drop, or have I had a Vanity since Beta [Just my luck])

Maybe I am mistaken, but that is the conclusion have come up with from all that has been said with drop mechanics and what the dev have told us

If a team of 5 with Miner potion, had not gotten a pink within that time then I would agree that it is not workin as intended. Though unfortunately I am unwilling to spend the Plat I have left (for leveling my last char to 36) or find a team willing to try this out, would cost alot of Plat and not that beneficial to all players involved.

The only 2 players that I have seen posts, or spoken to regarding how they got a Pink drop stated;

1. Had a re-rolled and got a Pink. (With Miner)

2. Did'nt have any kind of luck available and still got a Pink.

Until more come forward with actual Pink drops its hard to say what the most likely event of a Pink dropping is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

The first person who got a pink said he got the reroll message, but didn't say that he got it for the pink drop. He more than likely saw it for the green drop he got.
    My understanding is that people are getting purples with NO reroll message at all, meaning there is no improvement possible. If these pink drops were on the same wheel, we would atleast see the message "feeling lucky" or whatever...and then just get the usual purple drop since rolling a pink is probably hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    The first person who got a pink said he got the reroll message, but didn't say that he got it for the pink drop. He more than likely saw it for the green drop he got.
    My understanding is that people are getting purples with NO reroll message at all, meaning there is no improvement possible. If these pink drops were on the same wheel, we would atleast see the message "feeling lucky" or whatever...and then just get the usual purple drop since rolling a pink is probably hard.
    Yes have witnessed this too, but that only means that there may be an error with the way the 'chat' message is being viewed not a problem with the Miner Potion itself.. =/

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Bod... Seriously? How do you come to the logical conclusion that the chat is broken for a single specific mob instead of coming to the conclusion that pink pistols are on separate loot tables?

If you ever use a luck elixir again (I won't be) just watch what happens when you get a green from a trash mob on initial roll... No message!

Pretty much, with the luck elixir you should always get either the feeling lucky or you are lucky message unless your initial roll gets the top tier loot available on the mobs loot table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

the luck elix isnt a scam, people have been misunderstanding it from the very beggening, it never promised better drops, just another roll, think of it as being able to play the boss twice for every once, that keeps it fair to those who cant buy the elix, and the new elix well, lol, now thats hard to figure out, in the old one, if you dropped say an orange and a reroll kicked in, you got another straight roll, acorss the table so to speak, you could reroll and drop a blue, same as playing the map again and getting a blue... in the new one this roll is guaranteed at a better level, it only kicks in if you kill the mob in question, but if you drop an orange, then the reroll gives you a green - I guess, the elix is meant to be used only at this level where farming greens pays off in the long run... if you do roll a green, maybe you get a purp...

now your post says that it does not pay off when you roll a purp and the elix doesn't reroll and give you a pink, or you expect the elix to guarantee a pink every time you get a purp... dont think they can do this or is fair to those who dont use the elix... but anyway, so what happens when the reroll kicks in when you get a purp drop? does it give you another purp?

uh and ive seen one drop in the chat message, and another drop in the pack, or somebody else's chat message... this happens some times

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I guess I'll ask the $64k twofold question directly then, as my OP may not have been clear:

1. Are the MF pink pistol drops considered secondary drops (like recipes) and, if they are,
    2. Do luck enhancers give a reroll to GET a secondary if the 1st roll is that you DON'T get one?